PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Take a look at the "clear" X Box

PapaSKooT
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Microsoft celebrating its second year on the northern continent with cool-as-ice console.

Just weeks after Microsoft announced two special-edition Xboxes for the Japanese market, details have emerged about a new limited-issue Xbox for Europe. The "Crystal Pack" will feature a clear, translucent console and two controllers with the same frosty, Fortress-of-Solitude-style finish.

According to reports, the Crystal Pack will go on sale on March 14th, the second anniversary of the Xbox's launch in Europe. While the console's packaging states it will be a limited edition, Microsoft has released no details about a price point or how many units will be put on the market.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/01/28/xboxcrystal_screen001.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6087121.html

# 1 Stunner
01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
and what do we get? jack****...

No Fear 23
01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
wtf? im pissed now.

:cuss:

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 09:19 PM
I already own an Xbox, so I'm fine.

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Alex Napalm
I already own an Xbox, so I'm fine.
Haha. That's my point too. We all complain, but really, would we buy that crap?

Besides, I think all of the special edition Xbox's so far are OOOOGLY!

Angell
01-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Looks like what magneto whould keep in his plastic prison in the first x-men movie.

:)

I dont think I would buy this one even if I didnt have an Xbox already.... much rather have the translucent blue box

shapoopy
01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
i already have one so i won't but one

dances with broom sticks
01-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Since I need to buy a new xbox anyway, I would deffiently pick up one of the white xboxs if they were here.

Variation-XBA
01-29-2004, 12:28 AM
OMG i need new pants....

Yankeez
01-29-2004, 01:52 AM
its supposed to have a 20GB hard drive to

i think its fake :eek:

l Maximus l
01-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Errr....I like my black and green beauty. :eek:

Chaotic
01-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Yea wtf is up with this crap.

I just want that case :D

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Pretty cool, but the black and green xbox goes better with my other equiptment!

BinaryXtreme
01-29-2004, 01:51 PM
That looks really nice. I'd love to have that but reading the news that the XBOX will be $99 by Labor Day, I'll wait before picking another up again. Nice find though. :cheers:

GreenWeenie
01-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Oh man....it looks so sweet....The BBC has a pic of the limited edition clear X box. Check out the link here!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2207229.stm

thrAsher
01-30-2004, 12:05 PM
I've said it before and will say it again....Microsoft, you need to be giving back to your biggest fanbase. That is, US, remember us, the American consumer? Where is my limited edition Xbox?

Forget Japan and the UK, hook me up!

:huh: :cuss:

DocHoliday78
01-30-2004, 12:08 PM
aawww dude, that thing is so awesome looking. All we get is tetris world online and a crappy starwars game:mad:

Snake Eyez
01-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I would like for MS to throw us a bone also. I don't like the green one, but I would like others to have the option to buy.

Chaotic
01-30-2004, 12:34 PM
This has already been posted in the GD forum. I'm going to merge these two threads together.

:cheers:

Salmonaitor
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
I've said it before and will say it again....Microsoft, you need to be giving back to your biggest fanbase. That is, US, remember us, the American consumer? Where is my limited edition Xbox?

Forget Japan and the UK, hook me up!

:huh: :cuss:
Hey, up yours Trash Can! Canada sells a better percentage of Xbox to PS2/GC than the US! Sure, our entire population is barely the size of LA, but hey, we're who really drives the XBox economy; just ask Mike Rowe, he has all the stats.

Besides, you live in Mexico or some dumbass thing like that...you're not even American, you cervaza drinkin' son of a *****!
*Disclaimer: No Mexicans were actually insulted in the making of this post.

Cryogenic Pyro
01-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

Canada sells a better percentage of Xbox to PS2/GC than the US! Sure, our entire population is barely the size of LA, but hey, we're who really drives the XBox economy; just ask Mike Rowe, he has all the stats.
Cut off the first and last parts of your post and I agree! Canada has a much bigger percentage of Xbox compared to PS2/GC. Almost everyone I know wants an Xbox, even the people who have a PS2. There are still some who just won't see the light. Damn those idiots! :mad:

I still own one though. That's good :D.

Hitman101
01-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Ya know, I'm still left wondering why North America never gets all the special edition things. Japan and the UK get way to many special edition consoles and promo's. :mad:

I guess its time to talk to my Importer again. :cheers:

Tim
01-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Haha. That's my point too. We all complain, but really, would we buy that crap?

Besides, I think all of the special edition Xbox's so far are OOOOGLY!

I would buy that Xbox in a second! Look how cool it looks. Some things are worth the extra buck. I always buy cool looking things. Phones, watches, etc., etc...

This may sound like I'm kidding, but I'm serious. I think that XBox is sweat! I bet we get a nip at them if they are a sucess abroad! Here's to a little optomism! :cheers:

nG-Punisher
01-30-2004, 03:17 PM
We should get a petition starting stating that the US is getting jewed out of all the special edition consoles and such...all we have gotten is the original XBOX with 2 ***s that people rarely play...come on I'd buy another xbox if it was that clear thing thats just awesome

BunnyRabbit
01-30-2004, 04:57 PM
That is an awesome xbox, but at the same time.. THIS BLOWS! I just got my new Xbox 2 weeks ago if Id have known I would have waited for that sweet special one. Oh well I have an Xbox.. tis' all that matters. =)

PapaSKooT
01-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA
This has already been posted in the GD forum. I'm going to merge these two threads together.

Sumena *****! You merged my thread to his, so the new title of the thread makes me look like a friggin n00b!

Ford Mustang
01-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah. Nice of Microsoft to reward the consumers that got their console off the ground...:rolleyes:

skorp
01-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by PapaSKooT
Microsoft celebrating its second year on the northern continent with cool-as-ice console.

Just weeks after Microsoft announced two special-edition Xboxes for the Japanese market, details have emerged about a new limited-issue Xbox for Europe. The "Crystal Pack" will feature a clear, translucent console and two controllers with the same frosty, Fortress-of-Solitude-style finish.

According to reports, the Crystal Pack will go on sale on March 14th, the second anniversary of the Xbox's launch in Europe. While the console's packaging states it will be a limited edition, Microsoft has released no details about a price point or how many units will be put on the market.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/01/28/xboxcrystal_screen001.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6087121.html

That looks awesome!!! I'd probably keep the box too... hehe...

Chaotic
01-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by PapaSKooT

Sumena *****! You merged my thread to his, so the new title of the thread makes me look like a friggin n00b!

That was goal :p

l Maximus l
01-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Check out the picture of the box...it shows two XBox controllers, too. So, I would imagine that it has to be a tad more expensive than the normal XBoxes due to the extra hardware...besides, I guess it is also limited edition, too...so, that alone may make the price point higher.

By the way, I just dropped a U-571 in the toilet before posting this. :cool:

# 1 Stunner
01-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
Yeah. Nice of Microsoft to reward the consumers that got their console off the ground...:rolleyes: mark my words i think we eventually will get something better than both uk and japan got, theyll prolly give us a badarse deal...atleast i hope...

MikeMan91389
01-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
mark my words i think we eventually will get something better than both uk and japan got, theyll prolly give us a badarse deal...atleast i hope...

I hope so :p .... but i doubt it... maybe ion xbox2

odpr
02-01-2004, 09:01 AM
the black version is the best, all the other versions look pritty much as cheap toy.

tobysandison
02-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Big Deal! who cares about some stupid seethrough green xbox. Just kidding :cry: i want one. Mammy Mammy buy me one plz!

Also U can buy see through controllers on ebay. Theres blue and green ones and they look pretty cool:yikes:

PapaSKooT
02-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

That was goal :p

Bastage.

XboxTJ
02-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
and what do we get? jack****...

Other countries get all the good stuff.