PDA

View Full Version : Y Do People Think Unreal II Sucks

Servo
01-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Y is it that I have heard negative comments from people who have played Unreal II. Is it the story, gameplay, what. I'd like to know because the only thing I have heard people say is that the story sucks and not to buy the Xbox version. From what I have seen this game looks good and I plan on buying it.

ShannonX
01-31-2004, 10:29 AM
well, i played the PC version of unreal 2. I thought the graphics were very impressive, and the gameplay was just as good. The only downside to the game was the short single player campaign and lack of multiplayer. They are comming out with a version that has multiplayer though, not sure when or if it will be multiplayer on xbox, but i think it will. I'd have to go look that up though to make sure.

Servo
01-31-2004, 10:33 AM
it sounds good and the Xbox version will have online play and a co-op mode so i think i'll be picking this one up.

BinaryXtreme
01-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Unreal The Awakening for the XBOX looks awesome. I loved Unreal Championship for XBOX too. The pc versions have all been outstanding in my opinion. I think Unreal Championship was released so long ago that people forget how great the game is. Unreal The Awakening is ready to ship with a release date of Feb. 11th so I hope it won't be delayed for some odd reason but it wouldn't surprise me. I reserved a copy yesterday at Game Stop and will be there first thing in the morning when it arrives. Unreal by far is my favorite gaming series.

BTW: Will be multiplayer, Live enabled, new weapons, and drivable vehicles.

BoundBruiser
01-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I think the game looks very good, cool picture and theirs a vehicle that looks like the warthog on halo. Can't wait for it to come out.

JJaX
01-31-2004, 02:42 PM
I thought Unreal II on the PC was pretty cool.

Co-op over XBL should be awesome!

l Maximus l
01-31-2004, 03:49 PM
I may have to pick this mama jama up, too...definately rent it first though.

MikeMan91389
01-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Im getting it, but probably not the first week its out... it seems AWESOME

OC Noob
01-31-2004, 06:56 PM
The story is pretty bad, the script is just awful and the voice acting is worse.

Gfx are very nice and gameplay is fun, but most of the levels(worlds) are very short.

It is by no means a 2-3 hour game like I heard people saying when it first came out (not sure why people need to make s**t up about a game), but its not the longest game.

When it first came out it only had SP and with out MP it really wasn't worth $50, but the MP is really cool and I would pay $50 for the Xbox version since it has it, but if it was only the SP version like when it was released on PC I'd probably only pay $20 for it. In fact, I only paid $12.99 for a used copy recently AND got MP to boot:D

If you can ignore the stuff in between the action then its a decent SP game, just a little short.

MP is where its at though.

Servo
01-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Don't forget the co-op and Live play:D

No Fear 23
01-31-2004, 09:19 PM
2 questions......

how many players are able to play in multiplayer? i heard 8 instead of 16. is that true?

also, can u use vehicles in multiplayer?

BinaryXtreme
02-01-2004, 02:24 PM
You definitely can use vehicles in multi play mode but could not find how many players could play at a time. If I find out I'll post.

Cold_As_Ice
02-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm almost possitive that Unreal 2: The Awakening, for XBox, will support up to 10 players in dedicated servers on XBox LIVE. I'm currently playing through Unreal 2 on the PC, and the single player is extremely boring; I cant stress this statement enough. I will admit though, that the graphics are still very impressive. Rent Unreal 2 first, and then decide if you really want to pay for it.

XboxTJ
02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
It has been getting a lot of bashing because of lack of multiplayer. Who wants to buy a game that has barely no multiplayer and too short single player? Legend could have done a lot better stuff before they released it.

BinaryXtreme
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
It does have multiplayer. The pc version and the XBOX versions will be quite different. That is a new one though. Definitely mutliplayer!

Sigma
02-01-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll rent it first. I have the PC verison of the game and the graphics are great and all, but the gameplay isn't anything special and the story isn't good. Online play may be enough to convince me to buy it for Xbox though.

OC Noob
02-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Did I mention the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard, lol.

JJaX
02-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob
Did I mention the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard, lol.

Im not looking for a grammy winner when i game....

restler318
02-16-2004, 09:27 PM
the one player mode sucks.. the only way you should buy the game is if you have xbl.. then the game is awsome..... definitely better then the first unreal