PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible ???

Acid Snow
01-31-2004, 10:11 AM
I've got 2 XBox's and i want to SWAP the Hard-Drives.

Can i do this easially?

Cottrau
01-31-2004, 10:12 AM
it won't be too much trouble no. You will invalidate the warranties on both though.

George89
01-31-2004, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't try, but if you want to switch the saves, just copy the files onto a memory card and use it on the other xbox.

Acid Snow
01-31-2004, 10:43 AM
The two XBox's are probably a different version, but i'm assuming that the hardware is the same.

The reason is, is because i've got a MEGA amout of music on my old xbox (which is on it's last leg). So i want to put my old hard drive into the new xbox i got.

Thanks

DocHoliday78
01-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Not to sure about doing that. Like others said it cancels your warranty and dont talk about doing anything more than that since that isnt allowed here.

LTM360
01-31-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Not to sure about doing that. Like others said it cancels your warranty and dont talk about doing anything more than that since that isnt allowed here.

Not sure about that, really that isnt modding, so I dont see how that wouldn't be allowed... Anyways, just get the CDs back and recopy them, besides if its a new Xbox it can read CD-Rs as well. I wouldn't do it seeing as how it would void the warrenty on both consoles. But hey, if thats the way you want to do it, it wouldn't be that hard at all.

Chaotic
01-31-2004, 12:59 PM
First off it will void the warranty like the others have said. Second each xbox is coded to work with the xbox serial number it's put into so switching your HD will not work.