PDA

View Full Version : xbox two- the importence of backwards //

odpr
02-01-2004, 08:57 AM

I just want to put my opinion on the Xbox two argument about the backwards compatibility from the world point of view.

True if u are an American citizen , u can't care less about this issue, the reason is that game in the states cost almost half as is in all the world.

For example, in the UK new game cost something like one hounderd dollars.

So I think that every engineer in Microsoft, and any person with a brain, would understarn how much frustration people will get over the world when they will find out that amount of one thousand dollars went down the drain with the new console.
This will be the end of xbox in the world and the ultimate victory of the play station

one thousend dollar equal to ten games, this is something that the avarge gamer have .

tobysandison
02-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by odpr

I just want to put my opinion on the Xbox two argument about the backwards compatibility from the world point of view.

True if u are an American citizen , u can't care less about this issue, the reason is that game in the states cost almost half as is in all the world.

For example, in the UK new game cost something like one hounderd dollars.

So I think that every engineer in Microsoft, and any person with a brain, would understarn how much frustration people will get over the world when they will find out that amount of one thousand dollars went down the drain with the new console.
This will be the end of xbox in the world and the ultimate victory of the play station

one thousend dollar equal to ten games, this is something that the avarge gamer have .

Actually games here cost about £37.99 which i think = about $60

MikeMan91389
02-01-2004, 11:07 AM
That was funny.. The actually, i think its 60. HAHA, u proved him wrong.... but here is my view on it....

60=10 more than what we have to pay... Our Advantage

Throw us a bone MS, other countries get awesome xbox bundles(with halo, and midtown madness 3, or kotor, the list goes on.) We get frickin tetris, which is fun, but still, no kotor or halo... plus u guys (countries other than the U.S. get that cool clear xbox...) we dont :)

good day

Hard Boiled Cop
02-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Some new games in the UK cost like £40 mainly but if it's like a multi format game then it would be £45.
You've mistaken the $ and the £ cos UK uses £.

MikeMan91389
02-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Some new games in the UK cost like £40 mainly but if it's like a multi format game then it would be £45.
You've mistaken the $ and the £ cos UK uses £.

W-T-F Mate? I didnt make any mistake, im going by what they'd cost in U.S. , explain yourself

odpr
02-01-2004, 03:06 PM
welp.
here it's 350 nis which is ninty dollars.
almost..

so any way the argue should be around the backwards compability.

you can see that if ,and I repeat they won't do it (microsoft.) then - game over xbox.

in europe mainly. and ofcourse in japan . australia..

ShannonX
02-01-2004, 03:41 PM
who's to say that the next nintendo product, or the playstation will be backwards compatable? If you haven't heard yet, ps3 hardware will be a significant change from what they are currently using and i have a strong suspicion that it wont be backwards compatable, unless they do some sort of emulation.

LynxFX
02-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Money down the drain eh? Well let me ask you this. As soon as the Xbox 2 comes out does that mean all Xbox 1 games including the console all of the sudden explode into tiny little bits making them unplayable?

I didn't think so.

The only way money is going down the drain is if you throw it out yourself.

Backwards compat. is a perk not a neccessity.

blackiee2002
02-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Shannon-XBA who's to say that the next nintendo product, or the playstation will be backwards compatable? If you haven't heard yet, ps3 hardware will be a significant change from what they are currently using and i have a strong suspicion that it wont be backwards compatable, unless they do some sort of emulation.

come on, do you even listen to the news and stuff on this, not only is the PS3 gonna be backward compatible with Ps2 but with ps1 and goes on forever as sony claimed.

personally i say MS better not make a mistake such as this. if they truly are gonna leave out backward compatibility, no hd drive, and may not be as powerful ans ps3 and would come out a year earlier. i say you know save yourself some dinero and lets burry you right now this generation cause it aint gonna be good:(

odpr
02-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I read the article the other person wrote

I guess Microsoft is going for the double or nothing..

but from what I c now... I will have to wait to play station three.
I can't believe that they simply throwing away all the good ideas they had on the xbox one.

and to the person that said that I can use my old box. welp great Idea! haven't thought of it, let's imagine me going to a friend with halo one to play it on the new box..
ooopsss I forgot to bring my system with me...ohh..and the joysticks...

BoundBruiser
02-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Well honestly I don't really care about the Xbox 2 being backwards compatible. I'm the type of guy that sticks with the new games that come out, example: when Madden 04 comes out Madden 03 is out the door. If it would really make a world wide controvercy than put it in Microsoft, whatever makes more people buy it I guess.

wbio
02-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
Shannon-XBA who's to say that the next nintendo product, or the playstation will be backwards compatable? If you haven't heard yet, ps3 hardware will be a significant change from what they are currently using and i have a strong suspicion that it wont be backwards compatable, unless they do some sort of emulation.

come on, do you even listen to the news and stuff on this, not only is the PS3 gonna be backward compatible with Ps2 but with ps1 and goes on forever as sony claimed.

personally i say MS better not make a mistake such as this. if they truly are gonna leave out backward compatibility, no hd drive, and may not be as powerful ans ps3 and would come out a year earlier. i say you know save yourself some dinero and lets burry you right now this generation cause it aint gonna be good:(
yes, just like the PS2 has Toy Story graphics. don't trust everything Sony says, they have been known to stretch the truth a lot. Sony will be in the same position MS is in with the BC issue because they are changing their hardware so much. And to say that the games already bought are money down the drain is stupid, because your still going to have your Xbox, which means you can still play your old games, all you'll have to do is switch the cables when you want to play the other, I don't think it's too hard :watchout:

Shadow20002
02-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Well being backwards compatible or not, time will tell. :p

levelzero
02-02-2004, 08:41 AM
The PS2 was such a success due in no small part to the fact that current PS1 owners could purchase the new system and continue to play their current game library. This isn't a perk for most consumers. For Xbox2 to even make a dent at all in the 500lb gorilla that is "Sony Playstation", they are going to have to get consumers to purchase the next unit. A large section of current Xbox owners will be upset if the next version will not allow us to play our current game library. That is the true investment, and that is were the money is made in the game industry. I have 53 Xbox games currently. If I can't play them on the next console......then I'm not going to purchase it. And my guess is that most consumers are with me on that point.

Salmonaitor
02-02-2004, 10:08 AM
On this issue, I have 2 words..."Halo 2", (ctually one word and one number, but you get me drift). Why would MS release Halo 2 (and Bungie has "officially" said Fall 2004), and then release Xbox 2 and not make it backwards compatible? I doesn't make sense. I agree with Lynx that backwards compatibility is more of a perk than a necessity, but it just wouldn't make sense not to do it.

In addition, don't believe this article when it says stuff like MS is waiting on Sony to determine what they will do. MS is smarter than that, the're not going to let Sony dictate their marketplace. I believe that MS will set the bar high with Xbox 2 and make the others play catch-up. Don't forget who MS is, and how they got there.

odpr
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
In the gaming industry and in every thing else there is what called the spying technique in achieving information on other company, I have no doubt that on Microsoft office sit the next console scheme of Sony, they already know what they are going to plant there..

And they build a system according to that.

Don’t forget that when the play station two came out it wasn't that big of a jump from the play station one, and to my opinion until today it’s a really low level system..
now to person that said that he rather play NFL the new version then the old one. welp nobody is talking about this kind of games, we are talking on classic games, that doesn't just change the name of the teams every year..
like splinter cell, u must admit that u can play the first and the second one that will come out, and there is no connection between the two.

And again if Microsoft will abandon that backward option they are doomed..

levelzero
02-02-2004, 10:45 AM
And again if Microsoft will abandon that backward option they are doomed..

You got that right :cheers:

themoosearmy
02-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Even though Nintendo is at the bottom when it comes to the "Big 3" systems, not one of their systems to date has been backwards compatible (some are adaptable) and they are still alive in the market. It's all about the game design, what will likely happen is MS will release new versions of some of its more popular games on the XB2 format. Backwards compatibility won't bother me, i don't plan on selling my XBOX anytime soon. If it means a better system, leave it out.

Slowride
02-03-2004, 01:32 AM
if i can't play CS on xbox 2 that will be uncool.....and it's not like CS fades away like kabuki warriors or even other top fps games.

odpr
02-03-2004, 02:52 AM
when company like microsoft will have the privalge to be niontendo call me...

and look by the way where is intendo today, they soon will end there way in the game biz going like that.

with thechonlogy today there is simply no reson why not to have backwards. by the way why it's so hard to do that, xbox next will be much more powerful then this one, so build emulator inside it!!

Salmonaitor
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Why is everyone planning on throwing out their Xbox when XB2 comes out? It's a DVD player, you can play your old Favourites, it still has use. My kids will love having their own gaming system. You'll be able to buy cheap games for it...that is, if the new one isn't backwards compatible. Seriously, people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

odpr
02-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Since I have no doubt that Microsoft won't use the amount of power that the xbox two have, like she isn't using this one right now.
programmers are just to lasy..and just a look on playstation two and his long breath can tell u how many years can a console survive.

this will be great when xbox next will come.,xbox one will have

one: cheaper games to buy.
second : five houdred games.
third: until I will play them all xbox three will come out.( so I won;t have to buy xbox two..)

Microsoft didn’t use all the power of the current system
so when the new one will come out many will still play the old one, buy games for it which will cost half, and will be beautiful.

I can assure u that even halo two won't use all the xbox one power.
as I said before programmers are just too lazy..

White Wizard
02-03-2004, 04:08 PM
i can say that im pretty sure you will be be at least able to plug your xbox into the new 1 and play your games like that . that might satisfy the market. that would be easy to do and inexpensive. and besides ... when they launch xbox 2 i doubt they will be worried about if people will buy xbox 1 or not ... i mean when was the last time you bought a NES .. i still have games for it .. but i dont have a CUBE... im not gonna buy the cube so i can play those games. as usual for MS and every other company it will be out with the old and in with the new. Remember new products are intended to replace old ones . its only a matter of time . and every company knows you have to put your money behind your new product .. or it will fail . i think everyone underestimates how smart and intelligent the entire company has to be for it to be as large as it is. and as far as a system is concerned .. the PS2 has dual anolog control over the PS1 and thats about it . i guarrantee that when xbox 2 is released that it will be launched with a xbox 2 version of halo (probly already on the drawing board , or a game better than it .) their intentions will be to crush the ability of any current system and you wont even look back at xbox 1 or ps2 . backwards compatibility would be a perk only for current xbox owners and for no other reason . they may descide to put the power towards the system and thats probly what they will do . i wouldnt depend on xbox 2 being backward compatible.