PDA

View Full Version : xbox freezing

phlipper14
01-06-2002, 08:52 PM
my xbox froze 4 times already when i was play project gothem racing. is there a problem with it?

GokuX
01-06-2002, 11:13 PM
Make sure the disk is clean, if your Box is freezing alot for other games too then it may be a defective XBox. Make sure your XBox gets enuf ventilation too.

kappaknight
01-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Mine freeze during Tony Hawk... not so much on other games though.

Whisper
01-07-2002, 05:46 AM
I was watching all those caves blow up on CNN last night, and across the bottom it scrolled:

"XMAS Recalls: Hundreds of Microsoft's Video Game Console called the XBOX have had to be recalled. Gamers complaing of abnormally slow loading times and occaisional game freezes."

It was something like that, hope it doesnt apply to some of the Toronto shipments... but I havent had a problem yet... so... yeah...

Gdiguy
01-07-2002, 06:04 AM
i've had mine freeze twice since christmas, both times while playing the fuzion frenzy demo (once on the amped dvd, i don't know what the other was on, i think halo but it could've been amped)

no big deal, thou, just open the dvd and close it again, and problem solved... :)

manchufu
01-07-2002, 06:30 AM
Xbox recalls? Wouldn't Microsoft, or at least 3rd party websites have an artical on that? Thats the first time i've heard anything about it

MaxPain
01-07-2002, 06:42 AM
Nothings perfect....... Live with it :D

Sachile_
01-07-2002, 10:15 AM
so far mines worked like a well oiled Scotts man

"grease me up Agnes

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Nothings perfect....... Live with it :D

That's what im saying yo!..... the only thing that is perfect in life is Halle Berry!!!!!!!!:D

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Try tickling the green jewel and start talking to it as if you are talking a baby and trying to get it to smile...it works :D hehe

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Try tickling the green jewel and start talking to it as if you are talking a baby and trying to get it to smile...it works :D hehe

Ooooooooooooooookay......... I can tell you have been skipping your AA meetings maxi-pad!:D

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Ooooooooooooooookay......... I can tell you have been skipping your AA meetings maxi-pad!:D

lol...hehehe :D

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 02:12 PM

lol...hehehe :D

yo maxi, check out this thread! I know your gonna laugh your ass off kid! I hope this link works. I think it's titled "question*ninja*/*max*"
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4827

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 02:26 PM

yo maxi, check out this thread! I know your gonna laugh your ass off kid! I hope this link works. I think it's titled "question*ninja*/*max*"
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4827

Dude, that thread you attached was the "Offical WWF Raw Countdown Thread"...I 'll look for the one you are talking about....I

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 02:29 PM

Dude, that thread you attached was the "Offical WWF Raw Countdown Thread"...I 'll look for the one you are talking about....I

Dude, I know that. You gotta read all 3 pages. You know how we are always changing the thread subject right after it is posted!:D

Yo dude, im serious. BEST.THREAD.EVER!!... well, funniest:p

check it out

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 02:34 PM
oh yeah, check that thread out too with the ninja/max thingy!

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 02:45 PM
oh yeah, check that thread out too with the ninja/max thingy!

I found it...I decided to start a new brawl session :D hehe

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 03:10 PM

I found it...I decided to start a new brawl session :D hehe

hehe, good. It's time we get it on for what? The 10th time? lol

Sniper2
01-07-2002, 03:39 PM
mine has frozen a couple of times briefly but about 10 secs later it came through, i also had problems with it not reading the disk so i took it back and traded for a new one--all good now, only bad news is i lost all my game files :-(

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by The F'n Show
We should Post the Fight!!! Tag TEam Battle for the undisputed XBA Titles..SLOBERNOCKAAA:cool:

Yo Show, it's all on you son! When you gonna make this infamous thread for the XBA titles?
I dont think they want da ammo imma spray dem cats wit yo! :D
Make sure you make it into a poll too! See who gets da pops! :)

xboxaddict6445
01-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Okay, my first box began doing that. Then the indicator light wuld flash red and green. That would mean that it has an internal error... hence, bad news! You should call the microsft hotline... I believe it is 1-800-4MYXBOX... don't quote me on this one. (oh, by the way, I took my old one back to EB because it hadn't been 10 days since I had purchased it... I got a brand new one, and it works great!):cool:

skoot182
01-07-2002, 07:58 PM
hey, finally some truth out of your mouth :D

robnyack
01-08-2002, 12:32 PM
I saw this big headline on one of the internet news websites the other day "HUNDREDS OF XBOX OWNERS HAVE DEFECTIVE UNITS"

and then it goes on to say later on in the story, there is about a 1% defect rate on the xbox which is well within the industry standard.

So, you tell me why the big headline and story if 1% defect is well within the industry standard?????

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
I saw this big headline on one of the internet news websites the other day "HUNDREDS OF XBOX OWNERS HAVE DEFECTIVE UNITS"

and then it goes on to say later on in the story, there is about a 1% defect rate on the xbox which is well within the industry standard.

So, you tell me why the big headline and story if 1% defect is well within the industry standard?????

The PoS2 news media is bored. :D