PDA

View Full Version : Want to really inprove your sniper skills in halo?

ghost 009
02-01-2004, 10:47 PM
This is not a thread about Halo 2 and I didn't put it in the 3D/FPS section because barely anyone goes in there and I don't know half of them.

Ok well I decided to start playing Halo tonight. Alright. I was playing on the level Halo. I was near the place where all those rocks were and the dropships keep coming at you. When the Pelican picked the troops up I decided to see if I could snipe them. I am not the best sniper but I could definitley improve. I couldn't get a clear view of the troops untill they were really far away. The sniper shot is really delayed so it is difficult to hit them. I was just playing and hoping I would hit one of the troops untill I actually saw something fall out of the ship. To my amazement I actuallt hit him. This is a great way to improve on sniping. Now I will kill in Halo 2, unless I'm facing someone who has read this. Oh ya and be sure to do it at an angle and not strait ahead of you. Oh ya I also learned that I am better with the Plasma Pistol.

:cheers:

Butterz

Young_Fledgling
02-01-2004, 11:16 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooook............ congrats i guess.

Flood
02-02-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Butterz
This is not a thread about Halo 2 and I didn't put it in the 3D/FPS section because barely anyone goes in there and I don't know half of them.

this is no reason to post something deliberatly in the wrong forum

it is now in the Correct forum...please remember this in the future

Reclaimer
02-02-2004, 07:31 AM
You want to improve your sniper skills in Halo? Then use the game as training. Play multiplayer all the time and be a sniper. Shoot and move
Shoot and move.
You'll get better shooting as a sniper in a combat role, against hostile targets. The way you described seems like a waste of time and ammo to shoot at a scripted event in the game that presents no real challenge to you, except trying to make that lucky shot. They're not shooting back, or trying to hunt you down or even forcing you to run and gun.
Want a tip?
Get 3 friends, play Sidewinder. Make them come after you. You're your own team. You have to make a majority of your kills by sniper. You can use nothing more than a sniper rifle and a human pistol.
If you get better, than you have to make all your kills by sniper rifle alone. You're going to die. That's the point. This isn't for score and bragging rights, it's to make you a better sniper.
Once you have a grip on that, and you've practiced evading and all that, then switch it up.
Take a base sniper spot, and don't leave it. Fend off 3 attackers and their use of vehicles as long as you can. That will teach you efficiency, once you've master evasion.
Then practice taking the base back alone as a counter sniper. Take a spot outside a base and snipe out whoever and take the building with your trusty pistol.

And if you really want to be a good sniper, play Ghost Recon. One shot, and you'll know if you're good...

.. or dead.

Jayhawk
02-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
You want to improve your sniper skills in Halo? Then use the game as training. Play multiplayer all the time and be a sniper. Shoot and move
Shoot and move.
You'll get better shooting as a sniper in a combat role, against hostile targets. The way you described seems like a waste of time and ammo to shoot at a scripted event in the game that presents no real challenge to you, except trying to make that lucky shot. They're not shooting back, or trying to hunt you down or even forcing you to run and gun.
I agree, Butterz what you described is a way to take out people that either dont know your shooting at them, or retarded people, (well if someone doesnt know your shooting at them they pretty much are retarded.) So next time you post something about halo sniping tactics you should definately find some relevant info that might actually help someone. No more of this play in campaign at beat up on the objects that dont shoot back. :p