PDA

View Full Version : rare company ? anyone?

odpr
02-02-2004, 05:18 PM
did anyone saw any game from rare?
anything ?
the comapny that every one was so ecited that microsft bought.

Ihaven't seen any game yet..
correct me if I am wrong..

Servo
02-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Grabbed By The Gouhlies. Hopefully Conker Live & Uncut should come out soon, and Perfect Dark might come to the Xbox.

Brutus
02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Other than that, the Conker Bad Fur Day Demo @ E3.

Keep your eyes peeled for Perfect Dark though. It's coming.

Anyone know when?

I do wish that they'd start releasing the goodies pretty soon.
The Money they spent on that could have been used for a down payment on UBISOFT or something. you know!

George89
02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
I think Perfect Dark will be coming to XBOX 2, and don't forget about Kameo, which should come out late this year.

Shadow20002
02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by George89
I think Perfect Dark will be coming to XBOX 2, and don't forget about Kameo, which should come out late this year.

The platform i'm waiting for Christmas. :)

DocHoliday78
02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
I think PD has just started being put in production if they have even started it that is. It would be sweet if at e3 a demo or good movie trailers are released. Xbox 2 is 2 years away and i hope i will be able to play pd before then.

Hero
02-02-2004, 10:59 PM
someone posted a pic on this forum a while back that showed a box of "Killer Instinct" on one of the stages of grabbed by the ghoulies..so be on the look out for a remake on the xbox

prakeem
02-02-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Hero
someone posted a pic on this forum a while back that showed a box of "Killer Instinct" on one of the stages of grabbed by the ghoulies..so be on the look out for a remake on the xbox
:D

themoosearmy
02-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Noone really knows when the next PD (I think Perfect Dark Zero) is coming out, there is a lot of speculation for XBOX2 since as of right now, they are just barely developing it, if at all. Rare has dropped off the vertible game developing stage for a little.

Supposedly Conker Live/Uncut will be out for XBOX, and maybe Donkey Kong
...wait
...wrong platform.

I love my Donkey Kong :mad:

Hopefully they will make another Killer Instinct, the only fighting game that I ever liked/owned.

m4oH
02-03-2004, 04:14 PM
I think they should just stick with the Xbox for a couple of more years! I dont feel like keep spending more money on new consoles!:cuss: :argue1:

alistein
02-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by odpr
did anyone saw any game from rare?
anything ?
the comapny that every one was so ecited that microsft bought.

I haven't seen any game yet..
correct me if I am wrong..
There are non other than the ones they showed at E3 and if you ask me I'd say don't put your hopes up. Frankly as I understand Rareware is in a big mess right now which is one of the reasons Nintendo gave it up as can be seen from thier latest game Grabbed by the ghoulies and even there other games like Kameo and Conker are just not looking good enough.
An article talking about Rareware last year was posted. It described the problems in the company and the large task presented to Ms according to the article Rare is highly disorganized and pays to little to employees initially pushing away talents also most of the employees come straight from the top schools in Britain like Oxford ,Cambridge e.t.c .
The short of it is Ms got a company at the point of a breakdown and as to workhard in putting things right which is why I really feel for them spending such huge assets on a deceptive move by Nintendo and the fans expecting Perfect Dark, as it ever occurred to any one that the reason Halo as been delayed so much is because after a Halo 2 there isn't anything else atleast in the first person shooter category other than ports of Doom 3 and Half life 2 which would be coming obviously after Halo 2 and will make a fine addition and cover the space for fps after Halo 2. From the look of things will probably get some good looking CG or FMV trailer at E3 and the game will then be arriving on the next gen xbox console at launch earliest.

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm sure that we'll be seeing a lot from Rare between now and the release of the next XBox.

And, I also think that Perfect Dark 2 will debut on the XBox 2...great launch title. Hopefully Halo 3 will make it to the launch, too :)

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:10 AM
As of now microsoft has wasted a hell of alotof money im sure everyone turned there head in amazement when they saw GBG and said, WE PAID HOW MUCH FOR THIS.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 11:16 AM
RAREWARE has scrapped all thier titles in favor of Grabbed by the Ghoulies 2:rofl:

lol i believe most of thier games would be on xenon but we should hear a lot from them E3, suppodely, E3 would be thier year. we will see then. btW i think the purcahse of rare is justified

Covenant_Killer
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
rare as come out wit grabbed by the goulies already, there planning perfectdark zero for xbox 2 and their coming out with kameo later this year, I NEED A KART RACER, i loved diddy kong racing a freakish amount and since they dropped donkey and diddy kong cuz they belong to nintendo, they have to come out wit a kart racer based on another of their characters

alistein
02-05-2004, 03:06 PM
stop worrying about Rare and move on there other great developers ready to fill their shoes way it is i wouldn't be surprised if Ms sold Rare over to EA even at a loss because I am honestly beginning to doubt we will ever see the kind of games we are hoping for from them if they can't make a simple game like Grabbed by the ghoulies fun. And besides if their aiming for next gen they are way too late. Ken loeb said E3 will be a Rare affair ,I really hope not cause I am not interested in seeing crap or good looking FMV I would like to see all those missing gamse like Duality,Strident and many more from developers who understand gaming sorry if Iam too harsh but after all I have heard plus the fact that Ms bought Rare for so much as practically crippled Ms from buying any more developers since the have now exhausted the $1billion budget meaning because of rare a lot of potential developers will not be first party even some like Trilobyte graphics seem out of work.

enigma
02-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Perfect Dark Zero by Rare Ltd, sreens an all
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/perfectdarkzero/screenindex.html

enigma
02-06-2004, 10:09 AM
there site has the upcumin releses and recent releses on it, ther doesent seem 2 b many tho.

http://www.rareware.com/