PDA

View Full Version : Tenchu VS Ninja Gaiden

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 09:55 AM
You may be wondering what this theard is about right? if I were comparing Ninja Gadien to Tenchu, Gaiden should win in the graphics department right?, right, but when you see which game is seariously taking some time to add a very cool xbox live elemnt tenchu comes out on top, btw I dont count unlocking weapons through a score board VIE ninja gaiden has revolutinary xbox live, so what will it be? I know everyone including me will get ninja gaiden but does anyone else have Tenchu return from the darkness on the top of their list as well?:cheers:

George89
02-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Right now for me, Ninja Gaiden is on my top 5 games list for most wanted games along with Halo 2, Fable, Doom 3, and Half Life 2. Whereas Tenchu I'll have to wait and see. I'll probably rent or buy it, but I'm not counting the days.

thrAsher
02-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I can't wait for Tenchu RFD. I don't care about the graphics, I just want to get my ninja on w/ friends on XBL. Loved the first way back when, and I'm really excited we're getting an even better version of the sequel (new campaign levels, XBL support, more polished graphics and gameplay).

Eat that, PS2 kids! :p

Slacker
02-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I think the only thing the games have in comon are Ninja's , Tenchu is a stealth game and Ninja Giaden is more of an Action game , and I love stealth games , I still play Tenchu on my PS I will get both ,

Major Havoc
02-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Ninja Gaiden all the way!!!! Best game on the Xbox in 2004 after Halo 2.

Team Ninja Go!

shapoopy
02-03-2004, 05:32 PM
errr, but tenchu is gonna be awesome, but i say both toooo hard to choose:cheers:

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
yea, it seems like an easy desision at first but I might actually be playing my tenchu more than ninja gaiden.:cheers:

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 08:01 PM
DELETED

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Even though i earlier on believed that Ninja Gaiden was btter than Tenchu, because i did not like Activision, they made up thier minds they were going EA's rout in terms of LIVE support. but recently after the revelation of the Ninja Gaiden's LIVE feature although revoltionary like PGR2's downloading of ghosts etc, there is no multiplayer, head to head on live.

And Tench would provide that, with extra missions. i would get both. and DOA Online for the fighting experince of a life time on line. great for all. this would hlep Japan a lot.

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:06 AM
I know what im gonna do, although as of now ninja gaiden will be out before tenchu, ill probably wait for ninja gaiden to drop in price and instead ill pick up tenchu at release.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 11:18 AM
I know what im gonna do, although as of now ninja gaiden will be out before tenchu, ill probably wait for ninja gaiden to drop in price and instead ill pick up tenchu at release.

Ninja Gaiden is not going to drop any time soon expect it to drop when xenon come out:p

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:26 AM
well, maybe I won't wait for it to drop but Ill definently get tenchu before NG

BunnyRabbit
02-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Great thread... But im gonna go with Tenchu.. Im sorry. I loved that game for Playstation and not to mention... I heard Tenchu is a live game... Running around slitting throats with a sword online... What gets better than that?

Wolfgame
02-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Exactly Bunny, I agree completly, you can have a friend throw something nearby to distract someone then have the other person snealk right up behind him, its things like that. that will make tenchu stand out.

enigma
02-05-2004, 12:00 PM
i wil b getin non of them but ninja gaiden looks the best seen as i dont hav xbox live :mad: it definatly looks brill in the graphics department.

StudioAlex
02-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I can't compare the two. Tenchu is more in the vein of Splinter Cell and MGS, while NG should be compared with more straight ahead action games.

kenji
02-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I think that Ninja Gaiden is more of my type of game. Non-stop action with puzzle scattered about would be awsome. I am going to try both though.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Ninja Gaiden, of course

xboxman_1
02-14-2004, 10:49 PM
After playing both demo's, Gaiden > crap > Tenchu. It's not even close. The sound is so bad, in the Tenchu demo at least, it's not even worth playing.

Shadow20002
02-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Ninja Gaiden....:)

l Maximus l
02-15-2004, 02:37 AM
Ninja Gaiden!!!! Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

kenji
02-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
After playing both demo's, Gaiden > crap > Tenchu. It's not even close. The sound is so bad, in the Tenchu demo at least, it's not even worth playing. Yeah, after playing the demo, I completely agree. Tenchu sucked SO BAD, I can't believe that they actually published it. The sound was so weird and lame and the graphics look like PSONE. It sucked.

Ninja Gaiden was so cool. Fast paced, gory, sweet combos, weapons, and moves, it blows Techu out of the water and then out of space.

Wolfgame
02-15-2004, 08:32 PM
I still stand my ground saying I will get both but comparing Tenchu to ninja gaiden is like comparing splinter cell to Halo, one is the kill everything in sight(halo) the other has a little more startegy(splinter cell) thats just one example but I think juding tenchu next to gaiden is wrong simply because they are two completly different play styles.

themoosearmy
02-16-2004, 09:42 AM
I like stealth and action games so I'll prolly pick both up, but NG looks to be the better of the two. I think with a ninja game, you need aciton and lots of sword fights.

Tenchu on XB, lol, we steal everything from the PS Fanboyz. Whats next Final Fantasy...i shouldn't get ahead of myself. I have GCN tho and FF:CC is awesome!

Dark Viris
02-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Tough decision. NG has the action and graphics, where Tenchu is more about the orginal ninja stealthy and sly. Tenchu would probably win becuase of their live set up. I think NG will have a downloadable live one on one ninja thing or something to that effect in the near future.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
I still stand my ground saying I will get both but comparing Tenchu to ninja gaiden is like comparing splinter cell to Halo, one is the kill everything in sight(halo) the other has a little more startegy(splinter cell) thats just one example but I think juding tenchu next to gaiden is wrong simply because they are two completly different play styles.

I totally agree with you there. Even though they are both Ninja games but are different in terms of style. One is about stealth and relies heavily on stradegy, thats why they made the enemies hard. The developers wants us gamers to overcome a situation stealthily, that way there would be more successful kills.
Ninja Gaiden however is just action. All out action. Which by all means could turn out to be a repetitive game. I haven't played the demo yet because I'm from England.

l Maximus l
02-16-2004, 05:29 PM
hehe...I was playing the first Ninja Gaiden earlier today...lol, damn! Games have really advanced a lot since then :D

Sheeyt
02-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Apples and Oranges.

I played the demo of Ninja Gaiden this weekend. I was absolutely blown away. The game is beautiful, fun and doesn't get boring. The game is so polished its unbelievable and this is merely a demo from last years E3.

Now after playing Ninja Gaiden I tried Tenchu. LMFAO what a huge pile of crap. I was interested in Tenchu until I played it. Horrible, simply horrible. The swords look like white sticks. The collison dedection is a joke. It's hard to tell if you are even hitting anyone. The ninja guy walks like he's got a load in his pants. The idea of online play is interesting but will have to wait till this game is in the bargin bin because there is just to much pathetic crap in this game to warrant buying it brand new.

Even though the games are two totally different styles of game. Tenchu just sucks. If Ninja Gaiden was supposed to be a stealth action game it would own the hell out of Tenchu.....Man what a huge dissappointment.

Spaztic
02-17-2004, 10:56 AM
I will get both! I feel Ninja Gaiden will be better though!

Major Havoc
02-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Ya, Tenchu just doesn't really have anything going for it. Ninja Gaiden smokes Tenchu in all areas, graphics, artwork, music, gameplay, fun factor and storyline. Ninja Gaiden will just be a better game. Ninja Gaiden will also have the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy included and the online Master Ninja Tournament, so gamers will get some major bang for the buck. Also, Ninja Gaiden is made by Team Ninja, all their games for the Xbox have been awesome so far and they push the Xbox farther than most developers.

If I want stealth multi-player, I'll just get Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, which I'm sure will also be better than Tenchu.

Tenchu will be good, but Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow will be some of the best Xbox games ever. There's no way in hell I'm missing out on the gaming goodness that those two games will provide.

Sheeyt
02-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh yea I forgot one thing that truely pissed me off about Tenchu. When you sneak up on someone and slit their throats.......no blood...nothing....You slit their throat they fall over dead. Also slicing people with the sword results in no blood. Thats one reason its hard to even tell that you are hitting someone.

Wolfgame
02-18-2004, 08:36 AM
I got my new OXM yesterday(finally) and I played the ninga gaiden demo, and tenchu, as far as demos go NG looks better but I like the play style better than NG I dont know why, I just like the stratgey Tenchu has, IE: you cant make it through the game by buttonmashing So i guess I will wait a little longer before picking of NG and grab my copy of Tenchu its sad, I really thought this game would blow me away

(PLEASE NOTE EVERYTHING I HAVE JUST SAID IS IN RELATION TO THE DEMO WHETHER THE ACTUAL RETAIL VERSION IS BETTER(imo) REMAINS TO BE SEEN.

kenji
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
IE: you cant make it through the game by buttonmashing Yeah, I think that the first levels will be like this, but once you get into later levels, you have to coordinate your moves in order to fight of multiple enemies and survive to tell the tale. I seriously think that you won't be able to take on later bosses with simple button mashing.

Just my opinion.

X-Chris-X
02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
I find that Ninja gaiden is much much mroe easy to control. the game is so fuid an easy to learn. Ninja gaiden is one of those games that are easy to learn but hard to master. and the graphics are just unbelivable. my $50 is going to NG.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
Oh yea I forgot one thing that truely pissed me off about Tenchu. When you sneak up on someone and slit their throats.......no blood...nothing....You slit their throat they fall over dead. Also slicing people with the sword results in no blood. Thats one reason its hard to even tell that you are hitting someone.

The original use to have blood splattering and was rated an 18. The third one is rated 15. They probably wanted more people to play it, not just adults (18 and over). It was because the first and second use to be a hit so the developers want it to be more of a hit by reducing the age limit.

thrAsher
02-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
The original use to have blood splattering and was rated an 18. The third one is rated 15. They probably wanted more people to play it, not just adults (18 and over). It was because the first and second use to be a hit so the developers want it to be more of a hit by reducing the age limit.
Bah! That's garbage. Do like other games, and have it as an option to turn on or off.

I loved how bloody the first one was. :(

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Yeah actually they should have an on or off option. Or make it like Ninja Gaiden, the bloody disappears after a while.

Wolfgame
02-19-2004, 01:11 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238142.asp

according to ebgames the game is rated M so maybe there just wasn't blood in the demo for some reason.

Wolfgame
02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238142.asp

according to ebgames the game is rated M so maybe there just wasn't blood in the demo for some reason.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 02:26 PM
I think if I remembered clearly enough that on the PS2 version there was no blood. I haven't played the demo on the Xbox version so I wouldn't know.

Wolfgame
02-19-2004, 03:05 PM
I played the ps2 WOH just a few days ago to prepare myself for RFD and there was blood