PDA

View Full Version : New BC Vid

thrAsher
02-03-2004, 10:25 AM
New BC video @ IGN. (http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/480/480299/vids_1.html?fromint=1)

Bloody, isn't it? :cool:

Wish they would have shown more of the structure building going on.

CarGuy
02-03-2004, 11:19 AM
mmmmmm.. B.C... :cheers:

George89
02-03-2004, 11:53 AM
I can't wait, does anyone know if a release date has been announced for it?

JJaX
02-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by George89
I can't wait, does anyone know if a release date has been announced for it?

How does "What does it matter, you cant get the game until it comes out anyways" sound for an answer...

No offense, but im tired of people always asking "when does it come out, when does it come out!"

Does knowing when a game will come out change anything at all?

Im sorry, im not trying to be a deek to you. Im just tired of the same redundent questions over and over and over.

When you can get the answer yourself (if one exists) buy visiting the developers site.

Are you people really that F'n Lazy?

Donnie_B
02-03-2004, 12:13 PM
:cuss:

I agree.

This happens in all aspects of life as well. At work people are always asking questions, the same damn questions all the time. The answers are easy enough to find but the say, "I have a quick question, K?"

The next time there is a cool new vid we could post the developers site and people can get lots of info, how cool would that be.

:cheers:

Brasco

PS: Do you guys know when Halo 2 is gonna be released?

thrAsher
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Dang, somebody dipped their wick in JJaX's coffee this morning. Hehehe.

Here is a FAQ (http://boards.lionhead.com/showthread.php?threadid=34081&highlight=release+date) that says Q3 2004. That's about right from what I remember. Lots of good info in that FAQ, too.

BTW, took me all of 2 minutes to dig that info up, you lazy, lazy people! ;)

CRAYMAN
02-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Actually one of the main reasons people come to these sites is to get info from other like-minded individuals.:eek:

BinaryXtreme
02-03-2004, 12:57 PM
looks interesting but I need to see more to see if I want it.

JJaX
02-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Actually one of the main reasons people come to these sites is to get info from other like-minded individuals.:eek:

I guess that makes some sense. But isnt it easier to do a quick google search, than register on a forum and post replies? :huh:

thrAsher
02-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
looks interesting but I need to see more to see if I want it.

Here's the info from the FAQ, for you people who are scared of links. :rolleyes:

+++++++++++++++++++

The Basics of BC
- Developer: Intrepid Games
- Publisher: Microsoft
- Release Date: Quarter 3, 2004 (NO SET DATE)
- Rating: N/A
- Gameplay: BC is an action adventure game with a tint of RPG and GTA type gameplay, in that it's mainly a game where you can do anything while still maintaining a main storyline.
- Story: You are the first humans, starving meat eaters in a land of dinosaurs much more powerful than you. You act as these cavemen, trying to cross a humongous valley to reach a paradise safe from the dinosaurs, and the other foe...

Dinos
- T-rex
- Raptor
- Another kind of raptor, I think it might be spitting dino from Jurrasic Park
- Pachycepholosaurus
- Pterodactyls
- Deinosuchus
- Corythosaur
- Brontosaur
- Dodo
- Armored Eel
- Real dino that is like the stegosaurus or tricerotops in size and behavior, I believe it will be anklyosaur
- Dogs
- Bats, Birds, Rodents, and other ambient creatures
- Other hypothesized creatures include Megaladons, Plesiosaurs, and other water creatures
- Dinos cant be ridden, but dogs and dodos can be domesticated, and you can catch dinos and farm them
- Dinos will have their own food chain and can think for themselves.
- The team has taken some creative liberties, and the dinosaurs are much larger than actual size, especially the T-Rex. The baby is about 1/3 the size of the adult and the adult is huge.

Camp
- You can choose the site of camps as you move on
- Camps will stay where they are when you move on
- Camps can be relocated if necessary
- There can be multiple camps in a level

Cavemen
- Cavemen are born when enough food is collected as indicated in a post at the Intrepid Forums ("the meat from a caveman would not be enough to translate into the birth of another caveman")
- Cavemen have different classes including warriors, mystics, swimmers, and athletes.
- Cavemen breeding is necessary and will produce unique cavemen (breeding a warrior and a warrior gets a very strong child, warrior and athlete get strong and fast...)
- To access abilities, you must absorb the random tribes that have them into your tribes by completing missions for them (ie. kill the trex that is attacking them).
- Cavemen will learn by watching what you do

Environment
- Everything can be picked up and used as a weapon, including disembodied limbs
- There is a weather system
- A day is currently 24 minutes
- Everything in the world can be interacted with, from climbing rocks to knocking down trees.
- There are several food sources including fruit, meat, and... okay fruit and meat
- There are many environments, including caves, beaches, deserts, savannahs, and tropical areas.
- The environment and the dinosaurs will go on around you, even if your not there to witness it

Combat
- You can poison anything, set anything on fire, or use anything as a direct weapon.
- You dont have to directly attack something to get rid of it. You could trap it in a forest and set the forest on fire, you could wall off it's water supply, or poison it.
- In combat with your caveman, you can hit "Attack" to make them begin attacking the dinosaurs. Hitting "Stop Attack" will make them act more defensivly than offensively when in combat.
- You cannot blind or knock out dinos and simians.

Miscellaneous Facts
- Will BC be live compatable?

It will be Live Aware, which means your friends can see when you are playing it and invite you to come play with them, though you can't play BC with them

- Will there be multiplayer in BC?

Unknown, but probably not

- Will there be cheats in BC?

Probably not

- How do I gather food?

Beating dead animals will break them into carryable chunks, and picking up fruit doesnt really take any brains.

- Can you ride and domesticate the dinos?

You cannot ride the dinos, but you can domesticate dogs and dodos, and you can also build a cage, catch two dinos, and make them breed for egg farming.

- What is the building system like?

You can build anything you want, from the colloseum to a statue of yourself. You cannot build boats, but some things float that you might be able to stand on. You cannot dig.

- Is there any humor?

There is a wry sense of humor, but dont expect any Oddworld or Armed and Dangerous sort of thing.

- Give me details on the simians.

They are an enemy race, as advanced as you, and so your rivals. They can spy on you to learn your technology.

- Give me more details and screenshots on them.

Lovely weather were having.

- Are there anything your thinking of taking out?

There are ethics to think about, so the team has taken out the ability to kill children. Also, cannibilism has some issues, but it isnt taken out, it would just be stupid to do, as it doesnt give much meat.

- Are there any fatique, strength, and other stats?

Fatigue was modeled in, but taken out as it wasn't fun. I dont know if there is a strength stat, but probably not, same for other stats

- What kind of technology is there?

BC is a unique game in that it allows you to invent the technology. There is over 100 different things to invent as you traverse the valley. To invent them, just find the materials, and you or your cavemen will figure out what to do with them.

- How is the level system handled?

The level system is like GTA. There are large areas, and you can unlock the different areas as you progress. When you've unlocked the last area, it will be one huge world that you can move around in freely.

+++++++++

In a nutshell, it's gonna eat you alive, this game.

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Nice clip...but, it needs more blood :D

hehe...jk...it's nice and BLOODY!

SgtSavage
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
THis is another game i'm looking foward to. Man i need a job for all these games!:(

Variation-XBA
02-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Lookin good, but I want to see the social aspect of the game :)

Shadow20002
02-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Too cool...to be true !! Bloody and gory....