PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo's Code Cronus Revealed

alistein
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
TECMO SPEAKS OUT ON DEAD OR ALIVE: CRONUS

Neither a fighting game nor an action game, apparently...

16:54 Madcap Tecmo head Tomonobu Itagaki has been speaking to Japanese mag Dorimaga about forthcoming title Dead or Alive: Code Cronus. First murmurings of the game came back in September 2002, when it was widely assumed this would be the fourth edition in the DOA fighting series. According to leading videogame eccentric Itagaki however, such reports are wide of the mark.
Itagaki reckons that the game isn't a fighting title like the previous DOA games, nor is it a sports title like DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. It's not even a straightforward action title in the vein of Ninja Gaiden.

The game will revolve around Kasumi and Ayane, two characters from the DOA games, while the perenially entertaining Mr Itagaki has decided to pitch the game on the basis that it explores "the innocence and cruelty of children". Which sounds more like a John Cassavetes movie than a videogame, but hey. More on this intriguing title as Tecmo dreams it up.

Steve Colton

alistein
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Seems Like the game will be a Shenmue style game,deep story a little fighting here and there with both characters horning their skills and a revelation of their hatred for each other only thing here that is unknown for now is will there be any kind of supernatural mystery like in Shenmue involving the 2 mirrors(Dragon and Phoenix mirrors). If this game truly is like a movie it just might outdo Shenmue probably even blot the Shenmue series from our memory.In anycase it is really sounding interesting and oozing with potential, it really seems Itagaki is set on turning the DOA series into a strong franchise already building a universe around it ,first DOAXBV giving us a taste of the kick boxers personality and a little of the girls then Ninja Gaiden(Ryu) Now Code cronus(Kasumi and Ayane). So whose next Hayate and another one of the girls with another new game announced by team Ninja for xbox. Perhaps the debue of xbox next will feature all the DOA characters in an mmorpg. This is certainly good news as it is the kind of game I think I am looking forward to.

alistein
02-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Well where is the excitement? After waiting this long for some info , is it worth it or not ? And where are all the Shenmue fans ,where are they all who wrote the Shenmue petition? Well it looks like they have something similar about to release.

shapoopy
02-03-2004, 04:27 PM
ERR hurry up and edit your post or buncah asses who all worry about there post counts to start falmin u:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 04:59 PM
It sounds interesting...but, only to the point of seeing what next is revealed about it. At this point, there's not enough info...but, thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eye on this one...in fact, I had no idea about this game :)

Alex Napalm
02-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Well, we still have next to no information about it.

The game will revolve around Kasumi and Ayane, two characters from the DOA games, while the perenially entertaining Mr Itagaki has decided to pitch the game on the basis that it explores "the innocence and cruelty of children".

Could be a cooking simulator for all we know. An RPG would be cool, but right now we know nothing about it other than what it's not and an underlying theme it contains.

Shadow20002
02-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, a adventure is always a welcome since we are in need of it. :p

Jamo
02-03-2004, 07:44 PM
I have heard of it. But just recently on the tecmo forums did I here that it was about Kasumi and Ayane. Of course I'll get it. I am a Shenmue fan. I eagerly wait to see what happens with Shenmue 3. If DOA: CODE Cronus is anything like Shenmue then it will be good.

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
I think one word descirbes this....INTERESTING........:cheers:

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 10:34 AM
i wonder when this would be released? 2005 and the trasintions to new consoles i don't know. wait and see:wink:

alistein
02-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Alex Napalm
Well, we still have next to no information about it.

Could be a cooking simulator for all we know. An RPG would be cool, but right now we know nothing about it other than what it's not and an underlying theme it contains.

A cooking simulator I think not. First Itagaki said this will be a game to show how much Team Ninja loves the xbox. Secondly you don't really need much of a story for a cooking simulator and code cronus is said to have a deep story. Next is the game has been in development for more than 3 years,maybe even 5 .Itagaki was saying Ninja gaiden has been in development for close to 5 years and it should be no surprise if Code cronus sees a similar treatment making them similar a cooking simulator shouldn't take these long, remember Itagaki originally intended to announce details of the game in 2002 . a cooking simulator will also not sell neither will it please the fans an example is NUDE which bombed and after DOAXBV Team Ninja will atleast want to make sure they have a solid name with the fans before trying something risky. And don't forget that Itagaki is determined to prove himself above all his rivals like Namco(Soul calibur) and SEGA (Virtual fighters and Shenmue). In any case you can be certain it will not be a cooking simulator(too foreign and unacceptable) nor a dating sim or another sports game. I think a good hint is in the DOA movies which shows each character in their trade for example you saw ryu use his Ninja skills and now Ninja Gaiden is o the way.