PDA

View Full Version : If the Xbox 2 does come out in 2005 would you buy it?

bigloser
02-03-2004, 04:31 PM
As we all know the Xbox 2 has been rumored for a 2005 release. I'm just curious who here would buy it? More than likely Nintendo, and Sony will release their systems in 2006. Which means the Xbox 2 will probably be technologically infearior to the other 2 consoles. With that in mind, would you take the ''wait and see'' approach and just wait for the other consoles to be released before you make your console decision. Or would you be one of the first in line to purchase the shiny new Microsoft system?

shapoopy
02-03-2004, 04:33 PM
No, I'm not as intersted in videogames as i was before, but I'll always support it( if i can:D )

Slowride
02-03-2004, 04:45 PM
only kids with no patience (with parents with no tolerance) and adults with money to burn will buy it right when it comes out. The rest of us will wait a year or so to see significant price cuts and some bundle deals. besides....ive only had my xbox for a little over a year for ****s sake.

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Yes! It's Microsoft, dudes! The XBox is going to kick the shizzle out of the PoS3 and the Lamecube 2 (whatever they call it...hey, how about the Dolphin?) :D

m4oH
02-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Definently NO!! I just got my Xbox and I will still be playing for a while along with my ps2(BOOS from the readers) I will wait a while even though my parents would probably buy it for me when it comes out.:o

BinaryXtreme
02-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Yes, I'll definitely will but after a while because it always seems to take time to get the glitches out.

Chr0nik
02-03-2004, 05:25 PM
No thanks.

I bought my Xbox at launch and ended up paying about 800.00 canadian with the extra controller and warranty. A few months later, the price kept dropping.

I have built up a collection of about 60 games and do not have any interest in changing console.

I would be interested only if they offer some sort of trade in program for a discount, and only if the system is backward compatable.

Ugunnalose
02-03-2004, 05:32 PM
im buying it right when it comes out

CharlieHustle
02-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Technically inferior?? It will be by an insignificant amount, but ms do have a killer trump card on their side, thats LIVE. They have an online foundation already built. So we dont have to hear that "games will be online next year" crap. Its all about the games and how they play to me. And how they play online.

Shapeshifter
02-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Direct-X
No thanks.

I bought my Xbox at launch and ended up paying about 800.00 canadian with the extra controller and warranty. A few months later, the price kept dropping.

I have built up a collection of about 60 games and do not have any interest in changing console.

I would be interested only if they offer some sort of trade in program for a discount, and only if the system is backward compatable. pretty much the same boat for me :(

George89
02-03-2004, 06:29 PM
If it's backwards compatible then YES, if not then NO, I would wait for a slight price drop (it's probably going to have a starting price of over $300!) and a bunch of XBOX 2 games to come out.

George89
02-03-2004, 06:31 PM
And if it's not backwards compatible, it would stink because all the XBOX LIVE games out now wouldn't be able to play on XBOX 2's LIVE system.

BinaryXtreme
02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
If all of you are worried about price drops, welcome to electronics retail. You can say that about TVs, furniture, steak, or anything. If you're worried so much about the price dropping on something you want to own that you won't buy it, especially electronics, enjoy your boring life because you'll never own anything.

dances with broom sticks
02-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Ill probably buy it just because I like to buy things.... I figure by 2005/2006 I will have enough money to spend 800 on a new system and games, so I will, then I will buy the next sony one if need be. Its only money

ferrari
02-04-2004, 06:38 AM
When XBOX 2 comes Out i am going to sell my Xbox to my nephew(as i think he is an idiot and have a PS2 so hell probably want my XBOX) But i think i will like more keeping it because my games are really good and dont wanna sell them...I WISH THAT XBOX 2 CAN HAVE XBOX 1 GAMES IN THEIR ROM!!!...I think ill Buy a PS3 because sincerely i dont know which to choose between XBOX and PS... My thought

PS2=Good,Controllers are bad,dont have to pay for a chip to put DVD s, Can have a gun to shoot in your TV

XBOX=Real good,Copied controller but Better than PS2,Can have a gun to shoot in your TV,Sound is better,Games are better,HIGH price

ABIDIABIABID dats oll folks

Sexaya
02-04-2004, 07:01 AM
I'll wait fo' the other consoles... See which one is better and buy it. Loyalty down the drain!

levelzero
02-04-2004, 08:06 AM
No thanks.

I would be interested only if they offer some sort of trade in program for a discount, and only if the system is backward compatable.

Preach on brother!!! This is exactly how I feel. If the console launches with no hard drive and no backwards compatibility, I'm just going to upgrade my PC and go back to gaming on PC full time. Which is a shame, because I love my Xbox. But having 53 games I can't play on the new system isn't very attractive to me.

It is also very strange to have Halo2 (a HUGE game) and True Fanatasy Online (could be a HUGE game) and Fable (huge game) hit stores right before you plan on lauching a new console in 2005. Just delay them and put them on the new console.

Oh wait, you couldn't play TFO without a hard drive. What was I thinking? You would need the "optional" hard drive for that game. System add-ons historically fail. Sega 32X anyone? People don't want to invest additional money into the console. And with good reason, because most devels don't bother coding for add-ons.

Now excuse me while a beat on my desk for a little while.

:cuss:

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
I will buy the Xbox 2, probobly right away, but definately within the first 6 months. I like MS, and I like having the largest, most powerful software developer in the world making games for a superior system.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 10:25 AM
only if it had the various stuff that they are scraping off; like hd, backward compatibility, then i will think of getting it. i am saving money for the next gen wars, but if they sit and let sony dictate to them how they should do their stuff, then good bye i aint getting it.

it must be backward compatible, not much so because of the current user base, for those new people; sony and ninty fanboys, who will buy it will want to play xbox 1 and 2 games. and i doubt you would want them to buy and xbox and then buy xbox 2 to play those games?

unless they plan on selling an xbox for 50 i dont see that happening, make the right decison MS it is tough but you will win in the end. shoot your self in the foot and you will wish you hadn't entered into this business:cry:

Spaztic
02-04-2004, 10:26 AM
No I would not! I would get it eventually though....

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 10:46 AM
People who make this backwards compatibility issue such a big deal are beyond me. The far greater issues are the ones that involve gameplay on the X2. You still have your X1, so play the games on it!! Yes, it would be nice, but that isn't the deciding factor for me, nor should it be for you. What's far more important is the Harddrive, and the things that are unique to Xbox. Those are the things they should focus on, to make it the best console system out there, like they have now. If having Backwards compatibility would effect X2's gameplay or enhancements in any way, I say to hell with it.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 10:52 AM
People who make this backwards compatibility issue such a big deal are beyond me. The far greater issues are the ones that involve gameplay on the X2. You still have your X1, so play the games on it!! Yes, it would be nice, but that isn't the deciding factor for me, nor should it be for you. What's far more important is the Harddrive, and the things that are unique to Xbox. Those are the things they should focus on, to make it the best console system out there, like they have now. If having Backwards compatibility would effect X2's gameplay or enhancements in any way, I say to hell with it.

did you read what i just said?

i said backward compatibility is not necessarily for fan bae it would be cool for it but it is really important for other gamers who want to switch from ps2 or gamecube to be able to play xbx1 and xbx2 games on xbx2 that is the only way to increase sales of xenon.

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by blackiee2002

did you read what i just said?

i said backward compatibility is not necessarily for fan bae it would be cool for it but it is really important for other gamers who want to switch from ps2 or gamecube to be able to play xbx1 and xbx2 games on xbx2 that is the only way to increase sales of xenon.
Did I quote you in my post? Did I refer to you in my post? Do I care about your weakass opinion...NO ! So back off! :cuss:

Slacker
02-04-2004, 12:33 PM
If it has no hardrive and no BC , then i won't buy it, the hardrive was the main reason I bought an Xbox, and if PS3 has one or nintendo's next console does My money will go to them and Microsoft can lose one of it's fanbase , because I will be hoping for it's downfall for screwing it's fan base ,

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
If it has no hardrive and no BC , then i won't buy it, the hardrive was the main reason I bought an Xbox, and if PS3 has one or nintendo's next console does My money will go to them and Microsoft can lose one of it's fanbase , because I will be hoping for it's downfall for screwing it's fan base ,
That's so lame!! How stupid are you?? You buy it for a hardrive alone and BC alone? You're an idiot! There are so many things that they will improve upon, otherwize, why put out a next generation unit? Use you're head man, evaluate what the changes are.

And btw, if this thing isn't coming out for another year and a half, why are we even talking about it. EVERYTHING we know about it now, is pure speculation and conjecture.

enigma
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
i hav only just got an x-box for christmas so i wont b in need ov a new console for anover 2 year or more but the console i buy next wil deffinatly b a x-box, wever its an x-box2 or more advanced version.

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

That's so lame!! How stupid are you?? You buy it for a hardrive alone and BC alone? You're an idiot! There are so many things that they will improve upon, otherwize, why put out a next generation unit? Use you're head man, evaluate what the changes are.

And btw, if this thing isn't coming out for another year and a half, why are we even talking about it. EVERYTHING we know about it now, is pure speculation and conjecture.

Keep this attitude up, and you may find yourself sitting on the sidelines with two other XBA members.... You need to respect peoples opinions.

People will decide to buy the X2 for their own reasons, as far fetched as some may seem.

As for your earlier post stating that backwards compatability is not that big an issue, I must disagree.

I own 60 games and I paid on average 70 dollars each game. That is about 4200 dollars in games. On top of that I paid around 800 dollars for my Xbox at launch. After investing all this money into a console, backwards compatibility is a primary feature I will be looking for.

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 01:55 PM
I'll have whatever atitude I want, so bite me.

And keep your friggin' Xbox, Is it that complicated to understand? Just keep the Xbox you currently own and play those games forever...honestly, some people are just so thick.

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I'll have whatever atitude I want, so bite me.

And keep your friggin' Xbox, Is it that complicated to understand? Just keep the Xbox you currently own and play those games forever...honestly, some people are just so thick.

As long as you realize what an ass you make yourself out to be.

thrAsher
02-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Salm, Salm, Salm. Take a chill pill, man. No need to be getting all nasty. The name calling is unacceptable, also. It's not your opinion, either, so don't give me that. Calling someone an idiot is an outright flame. Consider this a strike, pal. Two more, you get a little vacation.

Direct X speaks the truth, though. I want backwards compatibility, too. My old Xbox isn't gonna live forever, and I'd like to know if I cough up the dough for the Next Xbox, that I'll be able to play all my old faves on it.

And we're talking about it because in the world of video games, half the talk is about current titles being played, and the rest IS all speculation and conjecture regarding upcoming games, consoles, peripherals, etc.

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 02:29 PM
You think I'm just gonna bend and bow to the "The Man"? Well you got another thing coming!! Flex you girly MOD muscles all you want, but I still think it's idiotic for people to look at backwards compatability as a reason for buying an X2, especially when they already have the X1. Live in the NOW people!! And if this gets me a strike, then so be it!:mad:

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 02:30 PM

As long as you realize what an ass you make yourself out to be.
Yeah, I'm ok with that. :D

No Fear 23
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
salm, calm down.

anway, no backwards, no harddrive = no buy.

Salmonaitor
02-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
salm, calm down.

anway, no backwards, no harddrive = no buy.
No Fear, I thought you were hardcore...but you're just a p*ssy like the rest. Who's gonna own my ass on Xbox 2 games on XBL?

mattgame
02-04-2004, 04:02 PM

No Fear, I thought you were hardcore...but you're just a p*ssy like the rest. Who's gonna own my ass on Xbox 2 games on XBL?

I would like to see it have a harddrive, I am not really all that concerned about backwards compatibility. If it doesn't have a harddrive I would feel cheated and give MS my ass to kiss.

p.s. - Sal, you're bigger than that man. :cheers:

CyberBOMB
02-04-2004, 04:22 PM
K i havent posted in a while but i felt the need to chime in here.

#1. Xbox 2 wont have price cuts due to the facts that this time around it wont be playing catch up to ps3 (ps2 had a 20 month headstart on xbox 1). So if you were waiting for a price cut then wait a year or two.

#2. As far as hard drives go. Microsoft doesnt want a traditional hard drive because thats the reason that pirating the xbox 1 is so rampant. This doesnt mean they should abandon all hard drives. I mean there are micro sized hard drives out there. They could work out a deal with seagate and get the same size hard drive now super cheap and have proprietary connections that connect to it (no more hd swapping for pirates).

#3. Backwards compatibility. A major selling point for sequal consoles. Its in microsoft's best interest to support this. But the economy the way it is they gotta keep costs down this time around. I say make it an addon like the dvd kit. I mean if u buy the addon you are paying that extra cost that microsoft want to take off. Everyone wins that way.

Am i wrong here?

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Instead of an addon, a good idea would to be have some sort of X2 upgrade package.

An example with fictional prices:

X2 Price retails at 399,00

If you trade in your X1 console, you can pick it up for 199,00

That is the type of thing I would be looking for (as long as the backward compatability is in there)

CyberBOMB
02-04-2004, 04:46 PM
nice idea but everyone who wants to trade their xbox in for an xbox 2 with backwards compatibility gets a price break. If you dont want backwards compatibility you have to pay more.

dont make too much sense

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
nice idea but everyone who wants to trade their xbox in for an xbox 2 with backwards compatibility gets a price break. If you dont want backwards compatibility you have to pay more.

dont make too much sense

Sorry, what I meant is that I would only be interested if X2 supports X1 games.

I think an upgrade deal would only be fair seeing that most of us have invested alot of money in our current console.

Knowing Microsoft, it will most likely not happen as we wish.

I for one will be very hesitant in forking out more money for another console.

What happened to the good old days when your NES lasted for like 10 years.

No Fear 23
02-04-2004, 05:16 PM

so now, ur callin me a p*ssy for my opinion? my respect for you has just gone down...

im not rich and i worked damn hard for my 20+ xbox games and paid 300$ for my xbox too, as well as buying 4 extra controllers that worthed over 100$ when i bought them. since ms wont make it backwards compatibility, it pisses me off and if ms does not make it backwards compatibility, and include a hardrive...then they dont stand a chance agianst sony 3.

so go find someone else to own ur ass on xbl.