PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated xbox game

* Lord Vulcan *
02-03-2004, 04:43 PM
There are alot of underrated game for alot of systems but i think that Deathrow take the medal, its fun only on xbox and has system link, and system link coop. in a way it can be as fun as halo, if played with enough ppl

Major Havoc
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Gunvalkyrie. One hell of an action/shooter game and one of the sickest end of game boss battles ever.

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd have to agree with Deathrow, however, I would say that another underrated game would definately have to be Brute Force. I think the game is fun as hell and it mainly got a bad rap only because it was compared to Halo. If it wasn't compared to Halo, I think Brute Force wouldn't be in the predicament.

CRAYMAN
02-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I'd have to agree with Deathrow, however, I would say that another underrated game would definately have to be Brute Force. I think the game is fun as hell and it mainly got a bad rap only because it was compared to Halo. If it wasn't compared to Halo, I think Brute Force wouldn't be in the predicament.

Man, you gotta stop sayin' that.:watchout:

It's patently ridiculous.

BinaryXtreme
02-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Unreal Championship!

shapoopy
02-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

Man, you gotta stop sayin' that.:watchout:

It's patently ridiculous.

Lol, what??? about halo, ya hes obseessed with halo:)

l Maximus l
02-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy

Lol, what??? about halo, ya hes obseessed with halo:)

My future childrens' names are going to be "Elite", "Grunt", and "Master Chief"...and, yes, I don't drive a Honda Accord...I drive a Warthog everyday...and yes, it's green :D

shapoopy
02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

My future childrens' names are going to be "Elite", "Grunt", and "Master Chief"...and, yes, I don't drive a Honda Accord...I drive a Warthog everyday...and yes, it's green :D

lol, ya and your hummer i mean scorpion is also green??:p

Alex Napalm
02-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Deathrow was pretty damn fun. My friends and I specialized in beating the other team into submission rather than trying to score more points than our opponent. Make a sequel, give it XBL and that'd be something very special.

However, the most overlooked/underrated game for Xbox is Otogi.

George89
02-03-2004, 06:36 PM
I actually thought Kung Fu Chaos was pretty fun...and funny:) I think that a lot of hyped up games get underrated like Maximus said, especially Brute Force (I really only liked the multiplayer).

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
I know shenmue is a popular series but it didnt get the sales/hype it should have gotten on the xbox so I'd say shenmue 2 since several people never gave the game a chance, most dreamcast owners who heard it was coming to xbox were the main people who played it, most people bought xbox for HALO, but I bought it for shenmue 2.:cheers:

dronezero
02-03-2004, 09:36 PM
I'll toss in Bloodwake. I don't know why everybody bashes it so much. Granted it is not a AAA title, but it is a very solid fun game. I would agree with the Shenmue II mention, such a great game (not as good as the first though) that very few people seem to have played.

Sigma
02-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Voodoo Vince is one serverly underated game. Sure, Vince isn't the best platformer on the market, but it's a damn good one and the music is fantastic. Voodoo Vince is by far the king of Xbox platformers in my opinion.

Another game I think is underated is Kung-Fu Chaos. Not alot of fun on single player alone, but multiplayer is a blast.

Ninjermy
02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance a truely fun awesome game. VR MISSIONS OWN!!! Good price also!

Sigma
02-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jermy_64
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance a truely fun awesome game. VR MISSIONS OWN!!! Good price also!
I wouldn't calle MGS2 underated, but it is cheep. My local Toys R' Us sells it new for $15.

Alex Napalm
02-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
I know shenmue is a popular series but it didnt get the sales/hype it should have gotten on the xbox so I'd say shenmue 2 since several people never gave the game a chance, most dreamcast owners who heard it was coming to xbox were the main people who played it, most people bought xbox for HALO, but I bought it for shenmue 2.:cheers:

Bloodwake was a pretty cool game. Of course, if they made a Bloodwake 2, it'd have to be on Live. It's be like Crimson Skies in boats. :p

JediMasterChief
02-04-2004, 05:27 AM
I'd say Shenmue II was quite underrated, although maybe not the most underrated game. I curse the people who did not praise the game!

Slacker
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Enclave ,
The thing

for me and the other's mentioned , I really like The Thing it's one of my favorite games ,,,,,,,,

m4oH
02-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I would say metal arms and MGS2:S. Also just to let you know( brute force does suck!)

enigma
02-04-2004, 02:35 PM
i ant herd owt of dark angel but stil tht remains 1 of my fav games, i think it is wel underrated

CRAYMAN
02-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
I would say metal arms and MGS2:S. Also just to let you know( brute force does suck!)

I would agree on Metal Arms, even though it did receive some fanfare, however MGS2 is not to be considered as it may be an OVERrated game. It is, after all, a Platinum Hit.

I also 2nd Enclave. It may not be the greatest game, and it has its share of flaws/shortcomings, but it was definitely unfairly maligned.

kenji
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Deathrow for sure. It is a lot of fun with 3 buddies to play throught the championship. Even 2 player is a lot of fun.

I though Brute Force was okay. It was fun with 3 buddies again, but the story and overall feel was bad.

AlphaRaptor
02-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by * Lord Vulcan *
There are alot of underrated game for alot of systems but i think that Deathrow take the medal, its fun only on xbox and has system link, and system link coop. in a way it can be as fun as halo, if played with enough ppl
Yea Deathrow is a fun game. Ive only got the demo with 3 teams and 3 maps and ive put hours into it. Sometime I gotta get the full game. :D

StudioAlex
02-05-2004, 02:57 PM
PAnzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi
Enclave
Shenmue 2
Gun Valkyrie (anyone noticing a pattern here?)
Beyond Good and Evil

Actually, these games got good to great reviews, but didn't sell well. One of the most underrated games I own (but by no means a "great" title) would be Obi Wan. The first few levels were basically kind of weak, while the middle and later levels were tons of fun. The representation of the cities of Naboo was gorgeous.

PoetSaskia
02-05-2004, 07:00 PM
definitely Dragon's Lair 3D. Great graphics and animation, looks just like you're playing a cartoon, and a very high quality cartoon at that. Lot's of great action-platforming adventure. I prefer it to Prince of Persia. Too bad I got stuck at a ridiculously hard spot. A lot of love went into this game, and it turned out really great. Very underrated.
I also agree about Enclave. some of the very best graphics on xbox. very challenging, which I liked. It got low scores because of the difficulty
also, I just picked up Quantum Redshift for about seventeen bucks and I would say it's underrated, maybe because I'm such a graphics whore and also a framerate whore. Easily the best looking game ever of it's type, and one of the few xbox games to run at 60 fps. It got knocked by gamespot for being unoriginal, but the graphics blow F-zero gx away. A technical marvel. Plus it is simply the fastest game ever. I have been playing it on master and redshift levels and I think the speed has spoiled all other racing games for me. Incredibly fast on the higher levels, you have to see it to believe it. Maybe it didn't get the attention it deserved because it is so hard that reviewers or players never made it to the higher levels with the mind-numbing speeds, but it is really awesome.

mayo_nase2000
02-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Unreal Championship!

Heck ya! Awesome game.

Heavens Gate
02-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Wolfgame

Same thing here. Shenmue is my favorite series of all time. I also think Panzer Dragoon Orta did NOT sell well. I sure don't know why! :mad:

Satch
02-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh good god definitely Shenmue 2. I'm just happy to have figured out other people feel the same way. I LOVE Shenmue, it's almost as if Ryo Hazuki, etc. are real people. Maybe not the best game, but it's still awesome and deserves more.

BananaMan
02-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Bloodwake, that game was good. It'd be awesome if they made a bloodwake II online.:cheers:

X-Factor
02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
A few games off the top of my head would be Otogi, Jet Set Radio Future, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

X-Factor
02-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ninja_Man

Oh yeah I forgot Otogi. Great game Stunning graphics, astounding atmosphere, original art style, and best of all, it's fun as hell. The finest hack 'n slash title available for Xbox.

echthroi
02-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Most Underated: Kabuki Warriors!

Yeah

X-Factor
02-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by echthroi
Most Underated: Kabuki Warriors!

Yeah If that isn't pure sarcasm on your part, then you have my lack of respect. ;)

colosso
02-23-2004, 01:13 AM
OTOGI,PANZER DRAGOON ORTA AND SHENMUE 2 in my opinion

Brutus
02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
You guys keep on naming games that got good reviews so I'll not put Brute Force, or even Munch's Oddysee. Because anyone who played em' know's they're good.
I'd have to say Tao Feng. At first I was pissed. It was so darn hard! I was throwing my controller and then I saw the review and it got bashed. I could see their point, AFTER I FORKED OUT $50!
So anyhow, I bit my pride and after throwing my controller I finally beat the thing and it was a nice experience. I realized that it had that same Mortal Kombat Nastalgia I was looking for before I picked it up.
So yeah, Tao Fang. It looks great, sounds good, and is a blast in 2-player.

Spaztic
02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
I would say Gladiator: sword of vengence. This game has decent graphics, an excellent soundtrack. Gory ass gameplay (though a bit repetitive) and overall a origional and challanging story! I really like this game and have never heard anyone ever say anything about it. At least give it a rent people.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I have a few that I think are underrated. Fever2004, Inside Drive2004, Tao Feng, and Links 2004. I think the sports titles for xbox get a raw deal. Granted they don't have the lineage as say a Madden does but they are fun to play. Links is so real to me that I swear to God I only play when the sun is out. Fever has the read and lead passing system that will be copied and then enhanced, and Inside Drive is a more realistic b-ball game than EA, and Sega. Tao Feng will only get better, I think the game and the moves in the game are great. Tao Feng was the only fighting game that kept my interest. I also agree that Deathrow was underrated although some people didn't miss the money on that one.:cheers:

lenky spanky
03-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Poject Zero!!!!!

Its the scarriest game ever made and the graphics are beatyful

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by lenky spanky
Poject Zero!!!!!

Its the scarriest game ever made and the graphics are beatyful

Welcome to the site! And what is this game you speak of?

lenky spanky
03-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Project zero is a great horror game
i think its japenese
its not action but its scary like hell and the graphics are beatiful

Stagliano
03-04-2004, 12:39 PM
I would have to agree with the people who chose Metal Arms: A Glitch in the System. It's terribly overlooked. Okay, so it's not the most original game in the world and it does have the odd problem in it but it's a well put together little game and a huge source of fun.

Another game which got good enough reviews but didn't seem to make a big impact is Freedom Fighters. It's a lot of fun too. It's very easy to pick up and plays well.

Project Zero may well deserve being added to that list but I'm useless and haven't played it enough yet to know.

Well, that's my tuppence worth.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Allow me to officially welcome you to the greatest xbox site in the world. :cheers:

Stagliano
03-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks.

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Jet Set Radio Future! What a cool game! The funkiest soundtrack on this planet!

SiGuy
03-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Personally I can't stand JSRF but maybe it's just me and my hate for japanese/techno ****. I'd have to say Bloodwake. The story line sucked but the gameplay was fun and addicting.

CarGuy
03-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Mitchell
Jet Set Radio Future! What a cool game! The funkiest soundtrack on this planet!

Actually it was rated very well by reviewers. It's been my opinion it's one of the most OVER rated games. It's solid, but damn annoying and ghey.

bostwick202
03-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
Voodoo Vince is one serverly underated game. Sure, Vince isn't the best platformer on the market, but it's a damn good one and the music is fantastic. Voodoo Vince is by far the king of Xbox platformers in my opinion.

thats not saying much

bostwick202
03-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Another game which got good enough reviews but didn't seem to make a big impact is Freedom Fighters. It's a lot of fun too. It's very easy to pick up and plays well.
[/B]

Amen! That game was freakin awesome, nothing more fun than capping those commie b*******!

ScorpionX
03-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy

Actually it was rated very well by reviewers. It's been my opinion it's one of the most OVER rated games. It's solid, but damn annoying and ghey.

Yeah but it didn't sell well :(

Another one would have to be Cel Damage!!!!!! I occasionally play that and it is still fun :D