PDA

View Full Version : xbox questions

CRETIN CRAWLER
01-07-2002, 06:27 AM
the other night i accidently placed a music cd on top of my copy of halo and closed the tray:eek:when it started to play,it grinded for a little while:(and the copy of halo began to play. after removing the two cds and after playing halo,blood wake,dvds and music cds everything seems to still be playing fine. should i just consider myself lucky that it wasn't damaged or could it have been damaged in a way that i don't know of? i mean,from what i have heard they all snap,crackle,pop and wizz a little and they still work fine.

-------------------

has anyone experienced this problem with the single frame advance/reverse function stop working while your using it with any of your dvds? i've noticed it happening on the same place in different spots on this one dvd i own. it makes me wonder if it is my dvd kit,the dvd or what the deal is. (btw this was happening before i nearly destroyed my xbox)

-------------------

one last thing,is there a trick to making the 'light show' play full screen while your playing music cds?

-------------------

thanks

Hugh_Jass
01-07-2002, 08:29 AM
1) I don't think you caused any permanent damage. I wouldn't make a habit out of that behavior, however.

2) Depending on the publisher of the DVD you may experience problems like that during chapter changes or the layer change.

3) There is a way to do this but I don't remember how. THe oos and ahs are over pretty quickly and I never bothered to do it again.

CRETIN CRAWLER
01-07-2002, 06:50 PM
i don't think i caused any damage but the snap,crackle,pop,and wizzing sounds seem more pronounced,probably just my imagination playing with me since that happened.

the dvd doesn't say whether it is a 'region one' but it does have the 'dvd' logo. maybe someone else has it,its called '750 MPH' its full of music videos,interviews etc. this is the onl;y dvd that i have experienced this problem with and i've only noticed it on certain music videos like 'kittie' and 'soad'.

since i own the xbox,i too,would like to see how long my oos and ahs last,so anyone know how to access this feature?

thanks

skoot182
01-07-2002, 07:04 PM
[list=1]
See Hugh_Jass
See Hugh_Jass
press y and then x quickly, hold down y and press x, or press "INFO" on your DVD controller, when a song is playing
[/list=1]

CRETIN CRAWLER
01-07-2002, 07:28 PM
thanks,i'm going to go try it out.