PDA

View Full Version : Another very promising RPG

JDHack0822
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
I just got my new gamepro mag. in the mail yesterday and one of the ony interesting articles in the whole thing was on Song of the Bard. inXile along with Snowblind Studios are bringing back one of computer RPGers classic characters from The Bard's Tale. The article sounds very promising. Brian Fargo, the founder of inXile claims that the game will be designed with a much older audience in mind than the RPG's that are common in the market right now. The most interesting factor about this game is the main character. Fargo claims that instead of having your classic hero who is fighting for a noble cause, The Bard's inspiration is "coin and clevage." This may make for a much more interesting story than has been seen in an RPG for some time. The game also promises well developed characters, a comedic aspect, as well obvious plot reactions to choices you make in the game.

This is just a short summary of the article, if you want more pick up a copy of the newest Gamepro and take a glance. I defiantly think that this game has a lot of potential. It may not be able to match up directly with Fable, but it may be a good RPG for everyone to enjoy. I like the fact that the game is trying to shake up a genre that has gotten pretty bland in the past few years with a few exceptions (ST KOTR, etc.)

thrAsher
02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Man, I used to play the heck out of Bard's Tale as a kid. Loved that game, as it was a real step up from Ultima and it's ilk.

They're calling it 'Song of the Bard', now, eh? I like the idea of playing a scoundrel at heart. I'm always a thief/mage when I RPG, so this should be a fun one. Nothing wrong w/ looking for a little coin or cleavage, either. :wink:

Lord Vivic
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
No,another very promising rpg is True Fantasy Live Online.

genocidalgopher
02-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Yea, TFLO seriously does look like it will kik arse, but i don't think that it will be better than Fable. v'been waiting for Fable for some time now, i put a hole in my wall in december when i found out it wasn't coming out in 'winter 2003' according to xbox.com...yep...stoopid summer, why do you have to be so far off, isn't TFLO and Halo 2 supposed to come out sometime during summer?

Lord Vivic
02-11-2004, 08:05 AM
TFLO is coming out sometime around June and July.

I heard from somewhere that Halo II isnt coming out until winter 2004.....Relax dont put another hole in your wall conferm it first then feel free to do it and then go buy some more sheet rock to cover for damages,because that would really piss my off if we have to wait that much longer for the 3 best games to come out that late.

StudioAlex
02-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Halo 2 will be out Fall 2004. If it were coming out winter 2004 we'd have it in our hands with in the next month. Or the the last ten days of the year.

thrAsher
02-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, guess what, there's this really cool concept called 'the topic'. You should check it out sometime.....

Lord Vivic
02-11-2004, 09:52 AM
What r u talking about within the next month.In case you miss took me,I said winter 2004,that is half a year from now.I am glad to hear that it is fall not winter though.

Shadow20002
02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Fable in Summer 2004....hmmm

Lord Vivic
02-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Fable too.....Dam this year is full of awsome releases......it's a consperacy....:watchout: :watchout: :watchout:

JDHack0822
02-12-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm glad to see nobody cares what posts are about. Let's just make a thousand yaaaahhh Halo 2 and Fable threads. Wait when do they come out? OH yah if your not going to focus on the subject then post somewhere else:cuss:

thrAsher I think we are in the minority of people who actually remember games before PS one. Oh well I will be looking forward to this game anyway.

Lord Vivic
02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Thet better be directed to me!!!!!:cuss: