PDA

View Full Version : Is SWG planned for xbox again?

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 10:15 AM
while I was looking for a sig that would work, I ran across this, the website even has it for pre order
http://www.ajg-direct.com run a qucik search and it says itll be out in march.

EDIT: it also says its coming out for PS2 as well, what are your thoughts?

levelzero
02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Varant and Sony are REALLY in bed together. I wouldn't look for this one anytime soon. But most of my friends who played it, went back to Everquest or DAOC pretty quick. I hear that is really isn't very good. Task based leveling sucks.

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I dont think its true, if it were to come out in march it would have been annouced by now.

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 10:32 AM
and the box art doesnt even look offical, i would think it would have the standard xbox live logo on it

Alex Napalm
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
SWG was a really, REALLY bad game. I didn't even complete my free month before cancelling my subscription to it. Even more so than other MMORPGs it requires the constant repitition of boring (insanely boring) activities to advance your character in the slightest.

I remember back when this game was announced for the PS2 and Xbox and when it was then put on hold for both platforms indefinitely. With all the troubles they had getting SWG even playable for the PC, I would be damned suprised if you ever saw it come out for any console.

Of the MMORPGs I've tried (Ultima Online, DAoC, Everquest, Earth and Beyond, SWG and FFXI) only FFXI has offered onything compelling enough to stick with it for more than the free month it offered.

m4oH
02-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Am I an alien or what? What game does SWG stand for?

Crazy Joe
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
Am I an alien or what? What game does SWG stand for?

Star Wars Galaxies

m4oH
02-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks even though I've never heard of it!:D