PDA

View Full Version : Japan Xbox sales to soon Sky rocket?

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Most absolutely, i have no doubt that the xbox would at least in the next few months overtake PS2 and GAmeCUbe weekly or monthly sales due the unstoppable and brilliant number of games comming out.

There is Ninja Gaiden, Then Steel Battalion right after that, and Tenchu right after that, the recetly announced support from Japan and asian companies with respect to the xbox. an later in the year Sudeki, Fable, TFLO and many more

add some if i forget

this should at least make xbox number 1 in the Japan region for at least a month of more.
What guys think is this rational or you think nothing can save this xbox in that region.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 11:21 AM
wth are you guys looking at it and ot replying :eek:

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:30 AM
I dont think many people relaize that success in many regions of the world=success in general, america cant make up for lack of sales in Japan.

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Japans mainly buy games from develpers they like, it has nothing to do with the quality or lack of; they are interested in developers well known to them, Capcom, Konami, Square enix, Tecmo and others. they like girly games too.

so i belive with CAPCOM, TECMO and others releasing good massive games in a span of few months of each other should sustain it enough to over take sony for a month at least

alistein
02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
You need to wake up .You are comparing a few xbox games to a multitude of Japanese tasty games on the ps2. Besides all the games you mentioned were more or less shown at TGS last year and hardly did much in inspiring the public. Sure xbox may sell a little more but you'd be dreaming to expect xbox sales to move close to 100,000 units a week,that's just way too much.

smack_roscoe
02-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Posted by blackiee2002

it has nothing to do with the quality or lack of; they are interested in developers well known to them, Capcom, Konami, Square enix, Tecmo and others. they like girly games too

:huh:
That's pretty funny. I like you, your silly.

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Japan does not appreciate the Xbox, yet they keep getting all the killer bundles and special edition stuff. Xbox will most likely never be as big a hit as PS2 in that country. MS needs to start giving back to the people who keep this game afloat.

StudioAlex
02-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
I dont think many people relaize that success in many regions of the world=success in general, america cant make up for lack of sales in Japan.

Japan only accounts for a quarter of the pie.

And to answer the question of this thread, having better games hasn't made Xbox number one in the states, why would it matter over there? Remember, people are more likely to respond to style than substance. The japanese are like anyone else, the herd mentality is ever present and probably stronger there than here (they regard indvidualism as egotism in disguise). It would take an act of God for the Xbox to outsell the PS2 in japan for a month.

l Maximus l
02-05-2004, 07:08 PM
I think games like Ninja Gaiden definately will help the sales of XBoxes in Japan....but, we'll see what the real numbers are.

The Japanese just don't understand....... :p

StudioAlex
02-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

The Japanese just don't understand....... :p

Seriously, we're talking about a nation of people who think the latest bus driving sim is latest must have.

Sigma
02-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
Most absolutely, i have no doubt that the xbox would at least in the next few months overtake PS2 and GAmeCUbe weekly or monthly sales due the unstoppable and brilliant number of games comming out.

There is Ninja Gaiden, Then Steel Battalion right after that, and Tenchu right after that, the recetly announced support from Japan and asian companies with respect to the xbox. an later in the year Sudeki, Fable, TFLO and many more

add some if i forget

this should at least make xbox number 1 in the Japan region for at least a month of more.
What guys think is this rational or you think nothing can save this xbox in that region.
Isn't Ninja Gaiden already out in Japan?

Im sure the sales will get better for the Xbox in the land of the rising sun, but I highly doubt the sales will surpass that of the PS2's. The PS2 is almost as common in Japan as a microwave.

blackiee2002
02-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Isn't Ninja Gaiden already out in Japan?

Im sure the sales will get better for the Xbox in the land of the rising sun, but I highly doubt the sales will surpass that of the PS2's. The PS2 is almost as common in Japan as a microwave.

no its not; we don't even have it yet how much more them. trust me on this. the xbox will go number one in japan in a few months, when Gaiden, Steel battalion, Tenchu, DOA online, TFLO and those massive games. it be in a few weeks of each other so it make the sales go number one just like Gamecube did last time, by beating ps2

Brutus
02-06-2004, 02:37 PM
It's inevitable. The Grandpa PS2 can't keep it's fan base. Everyone want's something new! At least that's what we want all the time.
THe Jap's will soon follow. Especially with that killer games selection coming out in the next year.
Which is cool because we have the best choice of games coming out in the next year as well!
Everywhere on the globe the best games are coming to our beloved boxes.
Microsoft won't fold like Sega and the Dreamcast did. You know!?

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
For the XBox to be a success in Japan, all they need to do is come out with some naked juggling game or something... :rolleyes:

Brutus
02-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Maximus! After laughing until water squirted out of my nose, I decided to write and confirm with you. hahahahaha

Chr0nik
02-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
For the XBox to be a success in Japan, all they need to do is come out with some naked juggling game or something... :rolleyes:

That's so true. It is funny just how different our nations interests are.

http://students.whitman.edu/~bartholj/JugglingKids.jpg

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Direct-X
[B]

That's so true. It is funny just how different our nations interests are.

Definately! Perhaps Tecmo or some other Japanese developer will capitalize on the audience and deliver them a game where they can play a character that enjoys synchronized buttwiping :D hehe

blackiee2002
02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
well, what's the verdict? any one wanna bet?;)

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Dude...blackiee...I don't think anyone really disagrees...you just have to remember, the Japanese consist of an extremely different gaming culture. The new games coming out will likely help the XBox sell, there's no question. Will it be a surge? I doubt it unless there is a surge is game releases in which the Japanese refer to as "hot titles", so to speak.

blackiee2002
02-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Dude...blackiee...I don't think anyone really disagrees...you just have to remember, the Japanese consist of an extremely different gaming culture. The new games coming out will likely help the XBox sell, there's no question. Will it be a surge? I doubt it unless there is a surge is game releases in which the Japanese refer to as "hot titles", so to speak.

Well what i am trying to say is that it has enogh AAA titles to make it Numero Uno #1 but some of you peeps are doubting me. that is the problem. so what is it

BinaryXtreme
02-07-2004, 02:19 PM
If they don't like the XBOX over there they can shove it in their pee hole as far as I'm concerned.