PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most over rated game?

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:47 AM
weve been having the discussion about the most undrrated so ive decided to turn it around. I think the most over-rated game WAS Wreckless the yakuza mission

Yankeez
02-04-2004, 11:51 AM
im going to have to second that one, i remember all the hype for it and when i finally played it....bleh...it was just awful:mad:

blackiee2002
02-04-2004, 11:53 AM
:)

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Yep, everyone thought that it would b revolutionary. to continue on I think I would say the next one would be Morrowind, you may think its strange considering it is a good game, but I just could not grasp how open it was. Im more of a KOTOR fan, I need a developing story to drag me on, like Shenmue1/2 and Crimson Sea

Sexaya
02-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
Yep, everyone thought that it would b revolutionary. to continue on I think I would say the next one would be Morrowind, you may think its strange considering it is a good game, but I just could not grasp how linear it was. Im more of a KOTOR fan, I need a developing story to drag me on, like Shenmue1/2 and Crimson Sea

Morrowind... LINEAR? What kind of freaky-ass dope are you smoking? :yikes:

Yankeez
02-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
:)

what does that even mean?

Alex Napalm
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM
I'd have to say Brute Force. Nothing but hype leading up do it's release and what did it bring to the table? Boring characters, boring gameplay and poor multiplayer (multiplayer was the best thing about it, but without Live it was worthless).

RudedogX
02-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Brute Force here as well. And also as someone else said...how the hell can you call Morrowind Linear?!? You can do whatever you want, whenever you want! I'm very confused!:confused:

LynxFX
02-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Honestly I would say Halo.

Before all of you start throwing rocks and flaming torches, I do think the game is one of the best on the Xbox. But the way it is still talked about today isn't warranted IMO. I do not think it is the be all end all of FPS games, like most people tend to do. Too many repeating levels, boring cooridors. And I think that with all of the hype and expectations people have now put on Halo 2 that it will be impossible to deliver. I have a suspicion that it will disappoint a lot of people out there.

It was a great game to launch the Xbox with, I played it nonstop until I beat it, played through again, dabbled in multiplayer and then it just sat on the shelf. Overrated. :)

Chr0nik
02-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Definately WWF Raw.

thrAsher
02-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

It was a great game to launch the Xbox with, I played it nonstop until I beat it, played through again, dabbled in multiplayer and then it just sat on the shelf. Overrated. :)

I got your back on that one. Great, great game, but WAY too many people worship it WAY too much.

Next most overrated game IMO was 'Enter the Matrix'. Who liked that hunk of garbage? The last level - as Ghost - was atrocious. Terrible game in every respect. The fighting was fun for about an hour, then the game just stunk.

enigma
02-04-2004, 02:39 PM
i think robot wars:extream destruction and the great escape r overated i hav both an they r deffinatly not the best games in my collection.

O.D.D
02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Hands down GTA. That is the most overrated game in history.

Trento52
02-04-2004, 04:47 PM
i have to say halo, brute force, GTA, all these are listed and are prime examples of over rated. Again halo is great but not people worship it. GTA is over rated from all the ps2 fanboys and stuff.

I never heard of any hype for Wreckless but i sure had alot of fun with it and i got it for like 10 bucks so i was pretty happy with it.

PoetSaskia
02-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

I got your back on that one. Great, great game, but WAY too many people worship it WAY too much.

Next most overrated game IMO was 'Enter the Matrix'. Who liked that hunk of garbage? The last level - as Ghost - was atrocious. Terrible game in every respect. The fighting was fun for about an hour, then the game just stunk.
I agree as well. Halo is definitely overrated. Good game, but not the be-all-end-all that people make it out to be. After I beat it once, I didn't want to play it again. Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Young_Fledgling
02-04-2004, 05:42 PM
brute force.... BLAH! didnt like it at all.

dead or alive 3... that was fun for about an hour. blah!

shapoopy
02-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

what does that even mean?

yes what does that mean, but:

Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

:eek:

What does that mean???:huh: :p just kiddin

The most over rated game was KOTOR, SSX tricky( people were giving it great reviews, and it seemed better than JSRF:hail:, but i regret buting it it's not fun).

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Too anyone who read my previous post on Morrowind, i ment to say I thought it was too open, not enough story to drive it, but I feel that [Although] it hasnt come to xbox yet, Battlefield 1942 is overrated, definenlty one of the crappiest fps I've ever played. dont flame me :)

kenji
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I goig to say GTA. I heard that is was the greatest game on earth. I bought it, I played it, and I thought it was good, but not the greatest game on earth.

SgtSavage
02-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Knights Of the Old Republic.

Please, i know most of you liked it, but i had a thought in myhead that is was going to be sweet. I have the bull**** of attacting! You have to wait. That is bull ****! I admit, the graphis are unbeleiveably, but the gameplay sucks IMO.

Wolfgame
02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
for me the gameplay ruled in KOTOR but the graphics were lacking.

nutsnyomowf
02-04-2004, 10:00 PM
TC RB6/3,Truly over rated!!!

E Nomini Patri
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Brute Force by far.

Oh, by the way, I worship Halo (and Bungie).

themoosearmy
02-04-2004, 11:00 PM
I guess as another Halo/Bungie woshiper I was going to post a bunch of reasons why Halo isn't overrated (4 million sold,hmmm), but I don't want to start a [debate]. Overrated means that the game promised, was hyped about, and didn't deliver, not just because you didn't like it or you beat it so it got old.

An overrated game, Brute Force.

Covenant_Killer
02-04-2004, 11:19 PM
the most underrated game would have to be the newest zelda everyone sayss they hate it cuz of the new graphic when they havent even played it they dont give it a chance, the people who have played it and hate it b-cuz of reasons other than sailing then their just crazy

LynxFX
02-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy
I guess as another Halo/Bungie woshiper I was going to post a bunch of reasons why Halo isn't overrated (4 million sold,hmmm), but I don't want to start a [debate]. Overrated means that the game promised, was hyped about, and didn't deliver, not just because you didn't like it or you beat it so it got old.
I don't agree with that at all. Overrated is something that lots and lots of people like but you don't like. People swear by the game yet you don't see what the big deal is. Overrated. GTA is a great example as someone else mentioned.

What you are describing is overhyped, under delivered, let down, all talk no play, etc etc.

Another game or entire series I think is overrated is Final Fantasy.

StudioAlex
02-05-2004, 03:24 PM
AS I responded to someone who told me the Strokes were overrated:

Everything is overrated.

Halo is overrated. Do I love it. Yes. But when I read about people calling it the greatest game ever, I think, "that is so stupid." No one has actually played every game so that designation is pointless. Humans are stupid and things are easily replaced in our attention spans. Notice how every best picture nominee was from the last three month of 2003? Halo still has recent effect on us. Is it really better than every game from the 8, 16, and 32 bit days?

Anyway, my vote goes to Halo 2. We are convinced it will be something awesome but there's no actual proof it will. I'm a believer. I think it will be great, but until someone actually plays the finished product, the game doesn't deserve its acclaim.

LTM360
02-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Easily the most overrated game.. thing ever. As far as just Xbox goes, then I'd say Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic. I don't see how people found this game fun.

l Maximus l
02-05-2004, 06:59 PM
I say KOTOR is the most overrated. I realize that I'm not a fan of RPGs...but, I'm definately not a n00bie to them either. I played for about 4 hours and didn't enjoy more than 5 total minutes of it. In fact, I think I fell asleep.

And, to those who think that Halo is the most overrated: I am going to PWN you so damn bad on Halo 2 that it isn't going to be funny :rofl: But, for now, I'll laugh :D

Fanboy5000
02-05-2004, 07:13 PM
A lot of people seemed confused on what over-rated and over- hyped are.

Over-hyped- Brute Force

Over-rated- Halo

P.S. I do love me some Halo, though.

Jamo
02-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Someone said Final Fantasy. I agree. GTA. Halo. (Yes I like Halo a lot.) Tekken.

BattleAxe2006
02-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Before all of you start throwing rocks and flaming torches, I do think the game is one of the best on the Xbox. But the way it is still talked about today isn't warranted IMO. I do not think it is the be all end all of FPS games, like most people tend to do. Too many repeating levels, boring cooridors. And I think that with all of the hype and expectations people have now put on Halo 2 that it will be impossible to deliver. I have a suspicion that it will disappoint a lot of people out there.

That's odd... when i read the title of this thread thing, i was thinking the exact same thing. I totally agree with everything you just said, especially about Halo 2. I think that if that game isn't perfect, then people will be VERY dissappointed. I guess that's the downside of hype though...

Slowride
02-05-2004, 09:11 PM
i'd say splinter cell. I found it very boring....

Madhattr
02-06-2004, 03:01 AM
I'd say Panzer Dragoon Orta. What a piece of trash, that game could put crack addict into a bordom coma. Complete waste of rental money.

shapoopy
02-06-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I say KOTOR is the most overrated. I realize that I'm not a fan of RPGs...but, I'm definately not a n00bie to them either. I played for about 4 hours and didn't enjoy more than 5 total minutes of it. In fact, I think I fell asleep.

And, to those who think that Halo is the most overrated: I am going to PWN you so damn bad on Halo 2 that it isn't going to be funny :rofl: But, for now, I'll laugh :D

Kepp talkin kid

you knows saying this the person who died 0 TIMES playing slayer games steight:cheers:

ferrari
02-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Best games:
R: Racing Evolution-2nd
Deus EX. Invisible War-4th
GTA VC-1st
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time-3rd
Project Gotham Racing 2

Most anticipated games:
Worms 3D
Ninja gaiden
Half life 2

abidiabidiabidiaibdid dats oaw foaks!

DocHoliday78
02-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

Well you must not have anyone to lan with becasue if you have 8-16 people who are willing to lan at any given moment its awesome.

XpowerX
02-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Brute Force. I read great previews and couldn't wait, but wasn't as I expected. Always went back to halo to get my FPS fix.

junkhead
02-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm putting my vote in fr True Crime: Streets of LA

I don't know if you could consider the game overhyped or not, I guess it depends on what websites you read. I was really dissapointed when i bought it and beat it in less than 2 days. I figured a recreation of LA wold take at least as long as GTA III.

THings that drove me crazy in TC: Steets of LA

1. VERY repetitive character models
2. CONSTANT clipping errors
3. 2D bushes, walls, fences (it really would kill me every time I would get out of a car to see all of the two dimensional filler in the game)
4. VERY bad camera angels (I couldn't tell you how many times I died because I could only see a wall)

There's more, but those were the main issues I had. The branching story line was good and I LOVED the voice acting in this game.

themoosearmy
02-08-2004, 02:11 AM
In fact, I think I fell asleep.

KotoR, Yeah, GotY, sure, I did fall asleep playing it.

I guess its hard for me to agree that Halo (or the FF series for that matter) are overrated cause I've never met anyone that has disliked them.

As for True Crime, at the video rental near my house, they got about 8 copies and they are never rented out.