PDA

View Full Version : game suggestions

idaho
02-05-2004, 02:41 AM
i have a good deal of store credit and wanna grab a few new titles. what, if any are the must haves in the next month or so? shooters and sports especially.

Wolfgame
02-05-2004, 08:08 AM
I would say you should pick up ninga Gaiden, and if you have 20$ left over grab Carve, its a 20$ jet ski game similar to wave race 64, plus it is online play.

enigma
02-05-2004, 11:42 AM
the annoyin thing is tht i cant make any sugestion because i live in UK so different games are out an whts new 2 mi might not be new to u.

wht r the gaps between relese dates in america and UK?

idaho
02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
i think it depends on the title. i think for more americany things like baseball and (american) football, they come out here a bit before. that's a guess though.

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 01:31 AM
What games do you have already?

BinaryXtreme
02-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Unreal The Awakening

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm sure we would all like to help give you some suggestions, however, it would help us if you told us what games you currently have and how much store credit you have. Throw us a bone, man! :D

Brutus
02-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Brute Force is a solid game and it's only $20! Worth it's weight in Gold, Man! But Maximus is %1,000 right! What do you have and what are you're interests?
But Seriously:
Go and buy the Official Xbox Magazine and you'll get an Idea of some of the scores games have got, and you'll be able to play a few demos!

shapoopy
02-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I'm sure we would all like to help give you some suggestions, however, it would help us if you told us what games you currently have and how much store credit you have. Thow us a bone, man! :D

ya, like if you don't got halo get it, or cs for live, MC2 or morrowind GOTY

CRAYMAN
02-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
Brute Force is a solid game and it's only $20! Worth it's weight in Gold, Man! But Maximus is %1,000 right! What do you have and what are you're interests?
But Seriously:
Go and buy the Official Xbox Magazine and you'll get an Idea of some of the scores games have got, and you'll be able to play a few demos!

"DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE!" I repeat "DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE!" I don't care if it's $10. Far better options to waste your money on.

#1 FPS Shooter = Halo(you might have heard).
#1 TPS Shooter = Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
#1 Mario type platformer = Vexx.
#1 Stealth Action = Splinter Cell.
#1 RPG = Star Wars:KOTOR.
#1 Racing = Project Gotham Racing 2.
#1 Action RPG = D & D Heroes.
#1 Party Game = Shrek: Super Party

that's a start.
Let the fighting begin :cuss:

m4oH
02-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

"DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE!" I repeat "DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE!" I don't care if it's $10. Far better options to waste your money on.

that's a start.
I agree except get Morrowind GotY instead of KOTOR(I've never played KOTOR though)

CRAYMAN
02-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by m4oH

I agree except get Morrowind GotY instead of KOTOR(I've never played KOTOR though)

I would agree(I've played both), but the general consensus is that KOTOR is the best, even though I liked Morrowind better as well.:cheers:

billlaimbeer
02-08-2004, 11:49 PM
in the absence of a reply and in light of your americany comment i'd say smell the fresh air of spring training coming soon to a ballpark near you.

i used to be a high heat fan but it's kind of disappearing so i'd go for espn or mvp baseball.

anyone out there know them or prefer one or the other? i'm leaning espn cause of last years reviews.

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by billlaimbeer
in the absence of a reply and in light of your americany comment i'd say smell the fresh air of spring training coming soon to a ballpark near you.

i used to be a high heat fan but it's kind of disappearing so i'd go for espn or mvp baseball.

anyone out there know them or prefer one or the other? i'm leaning espn cause of last years reviews.

I haven't seen ESPN's baseball game, however, all of the other ESPN games are kick ass crazy...so, I think that would be a good choice especially because of the timing and because all of the ESPN sports games are sweet :)

idaho
02-09-2004, 01:32 AM
i'm all shooter'd and stealthed out for now. though i've been on the fence with knights of the old republic for a while now. I the sports route may be best. thinking nfl street or one of the aforementioned baseball games. Maximus, does espn just rock or do they have something that other games dont?

shapoopy
02-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by billlaimbeer

cool name!:cuss:

i think espn isn't nuttin specila

Duke
02-09-2004, 08:03 AM
ESPN has made some great sports games. I haven't played one yet that I don't like.

And in at least an ESPN vs. EA battle, the ESPN games support live.

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by idaho
i'm all shooter'd and stealthed out for now. though i've been on the fence with knights of the old republic for a while now. I the sports route may be best. thinking nfl street or one of the aforementioned baseball games. Maximus, does espn just rock or do they have something that other games dont?

All of ESPN's games are XBox Live compatible for one...and the gameplay, IMO, is the best. As for NFL Streets: I haven't played it yet, however, I hear that it's pretty sweet. Keep in mind that it's not a simulator...it's more on the arcade side...similar to NFL Blitz.

mrgeorge88
02-10-2004, 05:27 PM
ahh a fellow idahoan

...potatoes...we grow em big here

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 05:29 PM
007 everything or nothing is gonna be good. i played the demo, its great

Shadow20002
02-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Ninja......Gaiden.

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

that's a start.

you forgot #1 fighting game- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance