PDA

View Full Version : MechAssault 2 Details and Screens (2)

thrAsher
02-05-2004, 02:09 PM
'MechAssault 2' (Xbox) Announced - Details & Screens
Posted on Thursday, February 05 @ 10:51:37 PST
MechAssault moves beyond heavy metal and into the mind of the warrior as Microsoft Game Studios today announced that MechAssault 2 for Xbox is currently in development and is scheduled to arrive on retail shelves in time for the 2004 holiday season. MechAssault 2 is being developed by Day 1 Studios, creators of the best-selling sci-fi action/shooter MechAssault for Xbox, and guarantees an entirely fresh and exciting gameplay experience for seasoned combat veterans and newcomers alike.

No longer limited to life within a single BattleMech, gamers take on the role of a full-fledged human pilot, able to pick and choose from a roster of combat vehicles including Tanks, Vertical TakeOff and Landing craft (VTOLs), BattleArmor and of course, BattleMechs. The proper choice of vehicles is key to successfully completing the wide variety of missions in the game and defeating the opposition. Solo gamers will find the single-player campaign is now significantly richer; with a deeper storyline, NPC interaction and missions delivered on the fly.

BattleArmor, a new and exciting addition, will make its first appearance in MechAssault 2 and play a key role in the action. BattleArmor allows gamers to become one of the deadliest weapons in the MechAssault 2 universe. More than just a protective shell, BattleArmor gives the wearer the ability to hijack enemy 'Mechs, climb buildings, tear through infantry squads and unleash pure devastation on enemy armor. BattleArmor-equipped gamers can even hitch a ride on VTOLs for a quick airborne assault on enemy positions, ensuring the world of 'Mechs will never be the same again.

Continued (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=4364)

The 2 screens are at the link. Looks like a lot of cool features are trying to be implemented, though.

LynxFX
02-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Also posted here. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=4364) ;)

Looks good, but almost like it is cell shaded. :watchout:

thrAsher
02-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Ah, thanks Lynx. I obviously skipped the front page today. :o

If you'd like to see some larger versions of these screens, go here (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=15923&mode=thread&order=0).

enigma
02-05-2004, 03:06 PM
sorry but them graphics r crap, i'd expect a lot better out of a newer game, if it was an older game i wud understand but tht is terible:eek:

JJaX
02-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by enigma
sorry but them graphics r crap, i'd expect a lot better out of a newer game, if it was an older game i wud understand but tht is terible:eek:
WTF are you talking about?

Those graphics look next gen to me... :huh:

l Maximus l
02-05-2004, 07:05 PM
I bought the first one but could never get into it. The main reason is that in the first game, it took about 100 shots just to bring a Mech down....rinse and repeat. Pretty boring to me. I give an A to the visuals, though...definately :)

Trill-Ville
02-05-2004, 07:26 PM
man this one looks serious.. way better then part one. we will surely see when it comeso ut. hopefully it isnt a dead brain shooter.

l Maximus l
02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Trill-Ville
hopefully it isnt a dead brain shooter.

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of. I mean, drawn to scale, one would think that an all-powerful mech with explosive fire power would atleast be able to bring down an all powerful mech in less than 100 shots!

I mean, look at Halo for example. Yes, it's more difficult for an Elite or a Grunt to to kill the Master Chief...but, Master Chief versus Master Chief? Not too hard at all.

I think think Mechassault needs to be tweaked a little to make it more enjoyable.

BoundBruiser
02-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I wish this game was more like the mechworrior series. I think Actvision originally made it. When I was growing up that was the game I could never stop thinking about, it was so awesome. I hope in this upcoming mech assualt 2 game that you can get the first person view inside the ****pit. It would be alot better if you could customize youy mech too, guns, rockets, sams, ect. In mechworrior 3 I had a Mad Dog from hell, I set it up to basically all rockets. From long range it could take out almost any mid sized mech in ONE SHOT. Not 50 or 100 like in the recent Mech Assault. In Mechworrior you can shot different guns at the same time it was awesome. Mech Assault would be much better if they based this game like the ones of the past.

JJaX
02-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of. I mean, drawn to scale, one would think that an all-powerful mech with explosive fire power would at least be able to bring down an all powerful mech in less than 100 shots!

I mean, look at Halo for example. Yes, it's more difficult for an Elite or a Grunt to to kill the Master Chief...but, Master Chief versus Master Chief? Not too hard at all.

I think think Mechassault needs to be tweaked a little to make it more enjoyable.

Much to learn about the battletech universe do we?

Its a fictional future, and the armor the mechs sport can handle quite a bit. I've played all the mechwarriors on the PC, which were handled more like a sim, not a brainless aim and shoot.

I'm not supporting Mech assault, but im just saying, its roots are sacred to me. And the PC games own.

Duke
02-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Its a fictional future, and the armor the mechs sport can handle quite a bit. I've played all the mechwarriors on the PC, which were handled more like a sim, not a brainless aim and shoot.

I'm not supporting Mech assault, but im just saying, its roots are sacred to me. And the PC games own.

Been a MW and MPBT fan for a long time. Pretty much the reason I want Steel Battalion so bad.

Gave up on it after MPBT:3025 went down. Had a lot of promise, but EA was going through some tough times and it went kaput. Well that and my pc became too outdated to run MW.

Trill-Ville
02-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Much to learn about the battletech universe do we?

I'm not supporting Mech assault, but im just saying, its roots are sacred to me. And the PC games own. yeah man mechwarrior is the shiiiii on the pc. i had vengeance. its real hard to control tho. i mean REAL hard. u gotta have skill for the pc version. the xbox version anyone can get their ass kicked by a 12 yr old wit a ragnarok. :mad:

JJaX
02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
JJax grumbles to himself about freebirths

I really hope they make the next MA more like a sim. If they plan on making all these different vehicles to fight these battles, the sim forumula would be amazing.

Imagine being an aerotech pilot and buzzing by some friendly mechs :D

mattgame
02-06-2004, 11:32 AM
I think it looks hot, I loved the first one and I only think that some more elements to the gameplay should be added. I will have mines when it hits the store. :D

BinaryXtreme
02-06-2004, 02:19 PM
I have to tell you, I hated Mech Assault! This game does look very interesting thought. Looks a lot better graphically. I don't know what it was. I just thought it lacked the intense game play that I like. It'll be a rental for me.

m4oH
02-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by enigma
sorry but them graphics r crap, i'd expect a lot better out of a newer game, if it was an older game i wud understand but tht is terible:eek: :huh:

XboxTJ
02-06-2004, 05:35 PM
*Sparkles forms in eyes* Pretttttttyyyyyyyyy, lmao!

I can't wait, i have been waiting a while, i am getting that for Xmas, lol. If the publisher is Microsoft Game Studios (which it is), we know it will be good!

BunnyRabbit
02-08-2004, 12:12 AM
YEaaaaaaa!!! I think it looks great with the guy climbing up the side of the wall/building...

I never got the first, but hopefully ill get around to getting this second one..:cheers:

Unreal
02-08-2004, 10:36 AM
I am not even close to beating the game and I am looking foward to part 2 :p

borka105
02-08-2004, 03:07 PM
this officially now becomes my most anticipated game of the year!

*MS please come out with a sidewinder for this game...... :)

-borka105

Dark Enemy
02-08-2004, 03:18 PM
nik2deep and I played some mechassault last night. At the end we were trying to see how fast we can destroy the cities

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:16 PM
LOOKIN GOOD !!!!