PDA

View Full Version : Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is going to get this game???

Chaotic
01-07-2002, 01:01 PM
I keep hearing some good things about this game. Is anyone going to buy it???

If so what are the positives of getting this game, and what do you think it will be like???

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:04 PM
I plan on buying it :D I think the game is going to be like an upscale Gauntlet, but with Zombies and plenty of blood and gore...my kind of game :D

Chaotic
01-07-2002, 01:05 PM
What type of game is this supposed to be?

How are the graphics??

and gameplay!!!

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
What type of game is this supposed to be?

How are the graphics??

and gameplay!!!

The game is supposed to be much like Gauntlet, as I mentioned before...but, with zombies and lots of blood and gore :D Here are a few screen shots for convenience that I got off this site:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3241.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1738.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1772.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1733.jpg

Markus_Kalarkus
01-07-2002, 01:12 PM
ya i think im gonna get that game when is it coming out???:rolleyes:

Shoua
01-07-2002, 01:13 PM
i am also waiting for this game!!
i think it will be really good the graphics are great and what can be better than dismembering the undead? This game is definetly on my "must list"

well i better get back to work now eheheh

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:17 PM
I also saw streaming video of this game...and I was very impressed :D

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-07-2002, 01:25 PM
IM Getting it.

My definitely 2002 List:

GTA3
Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Project Ego
Brute Force

I think there were some more, well ill remember.

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002
IM Getting it.

My definitely 2002 List:

GTA3
Morrowind
Project Ego
Brute Force

I think there were some more, well ill remember.

Nice list! Here's mine:

GTA3
Morrowind
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Battlefield 1942
Rallisport Challenge
Collin McCrae Rally
Project Ego
Brute Force (my number one pick!)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Bounty Hunter
Metal Gear Solid X

That's all I can think of at the moment...man, this year is going to be awesome!!!

JAC
01-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Looks pretty interesting. I'll keep my eye on it.

My interest is peeked with this "like guantlet" thing. Care to elaborate, or should I go find a preview somewhere? hehe

Good job Max, on always being able to slip us some quick screenies. ;)

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey, no sweat, JAC....have you checked out the streaming video at www.xbox.com of this game? It looks even better in action :D

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hey, no sweat, JAC....have you checked out the streaming video at www.xbox.com of this game? It looks even better in action :D

I didnt want to post in this thread, I just came to let Ms. Maxy know that if he aint bringin da heat in the ninja/max thread then dont bring it at all!:p Im ready for a battle max, are you?

I need some laughs yo! Xbox style!

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Dude, what you talkin' bro?!?! Yo bus dis, itz yo time to respond in dat room...sheeeeeeeeit!!!

hehe...How was that for Ninja Scroll ebonics?!?! :D

Chaotic
01-07-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks MAX looks like a sweet a$$ game.

Hugh_Jass
01-07-2002, 07:44 PM
I'm looking forward to this title as well.

I wish they used a little more variety in their zombie models but I guess I can live with it.

Pimpn419
01-07-2002, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I'll have this game on It's release date! It looks pretty friggin ssswwweeettt!!!

I'm really trying to decide wether or not I should get Wreckless or Maximum Chase.. anyone care to comment on the two? I've pretty much ruled out GTA3 since I've heard It will be about the same as the PS2 version (my bro's got the game for PS2.. but I never play It.. I'm always on my box.. so I might have to pick It up anyway). I could just get Wreckless and Maximum Chase.. I might do that, but which one would be your first pick and why?

Thanks,

-Matt

JohnB
01-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Wow, impressive pics. Thanks Maximus. That last picture looks freaky, yet when I stared at the facr for a minute, it cracked me up. That face is funny. Well, I will definitely consider this game.

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Here's a few more screenshots for all those who are interested. Again, I got them from this site :) If the other pictures didn't get you pumped up...these probably will :D

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3239.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1729.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3236.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1773.jpg

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Check out the additional screenshots just above this post. You all know that this is going to be a great title...Gauntlet with a blood bath of zombies :D Ya gotta love it :D

Bundy
01-08-2002, 07:07 PM
All i can say is ****!!! I saw a preview for this game in some trailer for 2002 games on funxbox.com. Then I came to this thread. Maxi thanks for letting me know about the videos on xbox.com. They pretty much made me want this game. The mastercard copy cat video cracked me up.

I am excited that this game is similar to Gauntlet. That game was the **** back in the day. Oh the quaters i poured into it. BTW did anybody play the ps2 version of Gauntlet, it was pretty good.. but short 15 hours.

Hey Maxi and Xboxgamer, how can you be leaving unreal championship off of your 2002 list?

This is what I want:

Blitz
Unreal Championship
Hunter
Project Ego
GTA3
Collin McCrae Rally
Metal Gear Solid X
Rallisport Challenge
Wreckless
Ghost Recon
Bond

:cool:

JAC
01-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the more I see the better this looks. That flame thrower really looks like fun! ;)

I do have to agree with whoever brought up the fact that their zombies all look the same though. :/ Well, either that or there's some new one-pants-leg zombie fad that we don't know about.

WynnFire
01-09-2002, 03:42 AM
If it's anything like Nightmare Creatures, I'll buy it.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bundy
All i can say is ****!!! I saw a preview for this game in some trailer for 2002 games on funxbox.com. Then I came to this thread. Maxi thanks for letting me know about the videos on xbox.com. They pretty much made me want this game. The mastercard copy cat video cracked me up.

I am excited that this game is similar to Gauntlet. That game was the **** back in the day. Oh the quaters i poured into it. BTW did anybody play the ps2 version of Gauntlet, it was pretty good.. but short 15 hours.

Hey Maxi and Xboxgamer, how can you be leaving unreal championship off of your 2002 list?

This is what I want:

Blitz
Unreal Championship
Hunter
Project Ego
GTA3
Collin McCrae Rally
Metal Gear Solid X
Rallisport Challenge
Wreckless
Ghost Recon
Bond

:cool:

lol, Dude...Unreal Championship is definately on my gaming list :D Funny thing is, I didn't know I had an official list! hehe :p

Chaotic
01-09-2002, 12:47 PM
This game reminds me of Max Payne.

But this guy looks crazier and more ****ed off than go ole' Max!!!!

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 12:49 PM
I wonder if this game has multi-player like Gauntlet...that would be sweet!

Chaotic
01-09-2002, 12:50 PM
I wonder if this game has multi-player like Gauntlet...that would be sweet!

That would be, hopefully some nice online play also.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox

That would be, hopefully some nice online play also.

Yeah, no kidding! But, even if Hunter doesn't have on-line or multi-player, I still plan on buying it. This game is right up my alley :D

Hugh_Jass
01-09-2002, 09:58 PM

Yeah, no kidding! But, even if Hunter doesn't have on-line or multi-player, I still plan on buying it. This game is right up my alley :D

Be sure to wipe it off after pulling it out of your alley, else you'll get a "bad disc" error. :D

Pimpn419
01-09-2002, 11:34 PM
Yes guys, don't worry.. this game has great multiplayer! There will be no split screen.. up to 4 players at the same time.. on the same screen. Pretty sweet hugh?

-Matt

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Be sure to wipe it off after pulling it out of your alley, else you'll get a "bad disc" error. :D

hehe.....ahhh, fudge :D

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
Yes guys, don't worry.. this game has great multiplayer! There will be no split screen.. up to 4 players at the same time.. on the same screen. Pretty sweet hugh?

-Matt

Nice, Matt! You're Pimpn! :D Where did you hear this, buddy? Quite frankly, I'm not surprised, especially if the game is a lot like Gauntlet....but, that changes everything! This game went from the status of "sweet" to utterly "BAD ASS!!" Thanks for the news! Do you know of a link for confirmation? I completely believe you, but, it would be cool to read more about it :)

Pimpn419
01-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah, Maximus... this game did jump up another level on the "Bad Ass" O-Meter! Sorry to say, I don't have a link for you.. I found this out through my Official Xbox Magazine.. I had to read over It a few times before I actually believed what I was reading! The magazine that I was reading was No. 3.. has anyone else gotten thier no. 3 mag. yet? I got mine the day after I got my no. 2 mag., pretty wierd.. but I'm not complaining =).

-Matt

Pimpn419
01-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok, I just read back over the article.. and In the article they mention Guantlet and Loaded. Just kind of caught my eye after Maximus reffering to Guantlet earlier.

Above the article there's a web-site, you guys might or might not already know about It, but here It Is any way...

www.interplay.com/hunter

Hope this helps,

-Matt

Pimpn419
01-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Maximus, buddy!! I found the information you were asking about on that web-site (above) www.interplay.com/hunter

Click on "About" then go to "Features"... right there on the first line... "Single or multiplayer madness! 1 - 4 Hunters battle evil all on the same screen"

Enjoy!

-Matt

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Maximus, buddy!! I found the information you were asking about on that web-site (above) www.interplay.com/hunter

Click on "About" then go to "Features"... right there on the first line... "Single or multiplayer madness! 1 - 4 Hunters battle evil all on the same screen"

Enjoy!

-Matt

Dude! That's sweet!!!!! Also, I didn't realize that there were additional characters that you can be :D That would be awesome...get a total of four dudes at the same time...each being a completely different character and laying out a pool of blood across the screen, compliments from the big ass battle axe :D hehe...This game is mine! Thanks for the link, pal!

Pimpn419
01-10-2002, 06:38 PM
No problem Maximus.. Did you read the backgrounds of all the characters? They're pretty sweet.. and there's also samples of what the players say during the game. I can't wait any longer.. I want to play this game. Man, I can't remember when the release date Is, anyone know?

-Matt

Chaotic
01-11-2002, 10:06 AM
No problem Maximus.. Did you read the backgrounds of all the characters? They're pretty sweet.. and there's also samples of what the players say during the game. I can't wait any longer.. I want to play this game. Man, I can't remember when the release date Is, anyone know?

-Matt

I was going to ask the same question.

Release date anyone????

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:20 AM

-Matt

I didn't have a chance to listen to the character's voices...but, I will make it a point to check it out today! Hunter is going to be an extremely welcome addition to my video game library. I"m a huge fan of Gauntlet but this seems to kick the crap out of it! I just like the setting a lot better...better than wizzard stuff, in my opinion. This game is going to rock!

According to this site, it's targeted availablility is this coming March....so, it doesn't look too long from now! :p