PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 2 "The Awakening"

BinaryXtreme
02-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Counting the days. Due out on the 11th. Game looks so sweet.

No Fear 23
02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Counting the days. Due out on the 11th. Game looks so sweet.

yea, i plan on picking this up, but i want to know the number of multiplayer it has.. i've been hearin 8 so far.

Yankeez
02-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

yea, i plan on picking this up, but i want to know the number of multiplayer it has.. i've been hearin 8 so far.

yep, it is 8 i decided im not buy in on release after i found that out

l Maximus l
02-05-2004, 07:00 PM
There's always downloadable content, though....

I'll rent it to see if it's worth the purchase. The fact that the Campaign is supposedly on XBL is worth the purchase to me. :)

PapaSKooT
02-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Already Paid in full.

JDHack0822
02-05-2004, 07:37 PM
This isn't a game I have really kept up with like I should have. So I have a quick question: Is the multiplayer going to be XBLive only?

enigma
02-06-2004, 09:23 AM
if its as gd as the first 1 it wil b amazing, i hope it has a new sniper wepon tho

BinaryXtreme
02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
5 days and counting.

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 03:31 PM
I think the installment of vehicles in this game is going to be huge! I definately can't wait to check that part out :)

BinaryXtreme
02-06-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree. Should make it very interesting.

BinaryXtreme
02-07-2004, 02:04 PM
3 days and counting. Getting cold sweats now and uncontrolable drooling thinking of it. Should I be worried at this point?

DIGITAL
02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
im looking forward to picking this game up,so its out tuesday right

No Fear 23
02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
3 days and counting. Getting cold sweats now and uncontrolable drooling thinking of it. Should I be worried at this point?

yes, go shoot urself so u dont have to wait

Veno
02-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Just letting you guys know, if you really want to see if the games that great, jus download the xmp demo. Also, it's kind of a waiste of money to buy it on xbox when the graphics are a bit tuned down and it costs 50$ instead of 20$ for pc. Just letting you guys know, the campaign is average, pretty boring, easily beaten in 10 hours and leaves you with an empty feeling. Multiplayer is pretty good, vehicles are useless, there's 3 classes, ranger(sniper rifle, pistol, slow moving energy gun, can heal self and others), gunner(heavy armor, rocket launcher, flame thrower, huge explosive fireworks gun, mines, and trip mines, can restore self's ammo and other's ammo), and tech(assault rifle, shotgun, and gas gun, and turrets, can repair others and self.). All are good, snipers are incredibly easy to use at long range, turrets are insanely cheap at close to medium range, all big guns are fairly easy to use. Multiplayer gets bored after about 3 hours of total play. Only 8 maps, only 3 of them are any good, and they get repetetive fast. If you think this is anyhting like ut2k3 you're wrong its more like a small scale planetside.

ps: I think i'm the only one I know who enjoys this game, probably because since all the maps are massive, in servers with less than 32 players (those are all a little laggy, i'd imagine them to be much worse on xbl) there's long gaps of time when you're just running around hacking energy points/spawn points/wandering trying to find enemies before your team mates.

Though if you can find a low ping 32 player dedicated server I'd say its a lot more entertaining than say rainbow six 3 or call of duty, or unreal 2k3 due to it actually taking a good amount of skill when fighting experienced players.

Oh yeah, and I'm not kidding about hte vehicles thing, they're useless. Any of the classes can kill any of the 3 vehicles, even the tank in about 10-15 seconds. Sure vehicles can get you across the huge maps faster but its also a giant target for any player to kill you fairly easily. Reason players can kill vehicles easily is because each class has a specific gun that kills vehicles insanely fast.

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 12:13 AM
The pc version and the XBOX versions are different. Not only that, the pc version has been rated very highly since it's release. Atari claims that there are several differences between the 2.

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 12:16 AM

What the hell is that all about? What an idiot. :huh:

No Fear 23
02-08-2004, 12:38 AM

What the hell is that all about? What an idiot. :huh:

u dont get the f joke idiot??

BunnyRabbit
02-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I think the installment of vehicles in this game is going to be huge! I definately can't wait to check that part out :)

Yeah thats what im talking about! Thats the biggest newest deal for me.. Most definitely.. Probably wont get this game for a good 2 weeks.. But will get none the less.. You guys let me know how good it is.

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 01:24 AM

u dont get the f joke idiot??

Hilarious ass wipe.

No Fear 23
02-08-2004, 01:30 AM

Hilarious ass wipe.

buahahahahahaha :rofl:

seriously, u gotta shoot urself bc u keep babling about the days unreal 2 is gonna come out. u asked.....

and i responded...

idiot. dont take **** too seriously :rolleyes:

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 01:18 PM
You know, you're a real idiot. I mean everyone here talks of game releases and how they can't wait for the day they come out. I post what I thought was a funny post and you make a smart ass remark just like I've read from you many times before in these forums. I'm excited about the game and if you can't understand that then maybe you need to go where you have no interaction from anyone at all. So buhahwahahawahaa or whatever the hell you post like a smart ass and get lost.

No need to post back because none of your pathetic ramblings will be read.

Veno
02-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow this thread's gotten even worse since I posted... oh well, tried to contribute by giving actual information other than flames/insults over the internet. And I think all of us know that when Atari says there are differences between versions they mean incredibly small differences like an extra feature that sucked too much or was too problematic to get into the original pc version and that they tuned down everything to make it compatable with xbox's outdated processor/graphics card (just like ut championship, what a surprise). And once again, i'm not joking about the vehicles part, they're ****ty looking, they suck, and they're unoriginal.

MikeMan91389
02-08-2004, 04:32 PM
You know, you're a real idiot. I mean everyone here talks of game releases and how they can't wait for the day they come out. I post what I thought was a funny post and you make a smart ass remark just like I've read from you many times before in these forums. I'm excited about the game and if you can't understand that then maybe you need to go where you have no interaction from anyone at all. So buhahwahahawahaa or whatever the hell you post like a smart ass and get lost.

No need to post back because none of your pathetic ramblings will be read.

Omg dude... Are you retarded.... Your post was just as dumb as his then, because he and i and probly others thought his reply would be/is/was funny, just like u thought urs was funny. He was joking, and i dont no what ur problem is, quit being ghey...

Anyways, for Unreal 2, I cant wait.. Im proly going to get it within two weeks, as bretman wants me to get Rs3 first. I think the vehicle idea will be great... and i cant wait to get on xbl with it!

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

Omg dude... Are you retarded.... Your post was just as dumb as his then, because he and i and probly others thought his reply would be/is/was funny, just like u thought urs was funny. He was joking, and i dont no what ur problem is, quit being ghey...

Anyways, for Unreal 2, I cant wait.. Im proly going to get it within two weeks, as bretman wants me to get Rs3 first. I think the vehicle idea will be great... and i cant wait to get on xbl with it!

Here we go again. Another consistant whiner on the forums. I wasn't even discussing this with you and you have to go and post this? What the hell is wrong with you idiots. Another to the ignore list boys!

MikeMan91389
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM

Here we go again. Another consistant whiner on the forums. I wasn't even discussing this with you and you have to go and post this? What the hell is wrong with you idiots. Another to the ignore list boys!

Umm, does anyone here think i whine a lot??? If so, please say so, but i no i dont whine... just find 5 posts that i do "whining" in..

No Fear 23
02-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

Umm, does anyone here think i whine a lot??? If so, please say so, but i no i dont whine... just find 5 posts that i do "whining" in..

u dont whine, binary is the whiny one. he gets all offensive, cries, takes it too seriously.

wouldnt waste my time with him

ShaDovV RyDer
02-08-2004, 07:17 PM
lol...this is funny...keep up the good work guys...neways bak to the game...i want it but ill wait until i have heard ppl online talking about how good it is b4 i buy it...also my friends want me to get R63 first which ill have by the end of this month...pce