PDA

View Full Version : which is the best developer for the xbox?

CMX Jedi
02-05-2004, 10:48 PM
i go ubisoft

Rochey69r
02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
The question you are asking is able to be answered to widely.
Are you talking about which developer produces a good amount of games that are all good? Choose our fav game them tell you the developer? even if they have made 1 great game and 3 crappy ones?

I choose bungie as they have only released 1 game, halo which is unbeatable. or did they also release MYST?

im not to sure, but their strike rate is uncomparable

DocHoliday78
02-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I am growing fond of bioware. Oh glorius KOTOR

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Bungie...hands down. Ubisoft is definately second, IMO.

Heavens Gate
02-06-2004, 04:31 AM
Ubi. No doubt! Well, maybe SEGA then Ubi.

extabyte
02-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Bungie. The make the best ever game on the xbox. Glorious Halo.

shapoopy
02-06-2004, 06:01 AM
first ubi soft, the bungie, then activision, then sega

Flood
02-06-2004, 07:42 AM
isnt this one of the reader choice award catagories? hehe

anyways...i'm going with ubisoft. i have yet to play a game made by them that wasnt good

George89
02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Ubi Soft and Sega, but I think sega because look at all the great xbox exclusives they've given us.

enigma
02-06-2004, 09:57 AM
SCI an TECMO arnt on tht list an they r resposible for DOA3, Conflict Desert Storm 1 and 2, and the grate escape(even tho i was disapointed with the grate escape most people seem 2 like it)

Chaotic
02-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Bungie...hands down. Ubisoft is definately second, IMO.

What other games have they made that were awesome besides HALO?

UBI IMO is the top developer.

RS3,GR,SC,POP to name a few

Duke
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

What other games have they made that were awesome besides HALO?

UBI IMO is the top developer.

RS3,GR,SC,POP to name a few

Yep, there's really no question on this one. Ubi has made more great games for xbox than any other.

Bungie made a great game, but when you have someone like Ubi who has consistently made them, they've just got to win.

And don't forget BG&E

mattgame
02-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by extabyte
Bungie. The make the best ever game on the xbox. Glorious Halo.

But in the words of Janet "see my tittie" Jackson, what have they done for us lately?

I vote Ubisoft., Sega and EA can kiss the X'es on our asses.

StudioAlex
02-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Aww man, I thought you were a smart one t :P

Sega rules and that's where my vote goes.

Brutus
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
It's tough. I love Bungie. I love Ubi Soft.

Hmmm... I guess I'd rather hang out with the developers from Bungie more than the several offices of Ubi soft. You know!?

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Atleast Bungie is pushing the distance of the XBox hardware. I have yet to see Ubisoft do it. Hopefully Splinter Cell: Pandora will come closer.

StudioAlex
02-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Atleast Bungie is pushing the distance of the XBox hardware. I have yet to see Ubisoft do it. Hopefully Splinter Cell: Pandora will come closer.

I was pretty blown away the first time I loaded up the demo from splinter cell, with the butterfly's shadow and such. Pretty awesome. Unfortunately, since they've decided to go multi with all of their games the box will be under utilized.

LynxFX
02-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Ubi was the first company to put out an HD Xbox game and that still is rare from companies now.

Ubi hands down is the top developer for the Xbox as they have put out a variety of topnotch games and continue to push the Xbox's hardware.

Bungie has done one game, 2 1/2 years ago. I'm glad they are concentrating on making Halo 2 all it can be, but I haven't had anything to satisfy my gaming needs from them since 2001. Ubi however has continuously been putting out high quality games, with each year improving upon the last.

Both are great companies for the Xbox but as a multiplatform developer, Ubi has shown the Xbox some major favortism and respect.

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Ubi was the first company to put out an HD Xbox game and that still is rare from companies now.

Ubi hands down is the top developer for the Xbox as they have put out a variety of topnotch games and continue to push the Xbox's hardware.

Bungie has done one game, 2 1/2 years ago. I'm glad they are concentrating on making Halo 2 all it can be, but I haven't had anything to satisfy my gaming needs from them since 2001. Ubi however has continuously been putting out high quality games, with each year improving upon the last.

Both are great companies for the Xbox but as a multiplatform developer, Ubi has shown the Xbox some major favortism and respect.

I completely agree...except, I think they could do a better job in maximizing the hardware. When Bungie made the first Halo, they were uncertain of the exact technical specs of what the XBox was going to have. To my understanding, Halo 2 is supposed to support luscious 1080i...now, that's impressive. But, yes, my hat goes off to Ubisoft for their support of the XBox...that's why I put them at a close second. Their games, however, haven't impressed me nearly as much as Bungie's Halo.

We all know that this poll is subjective...that's just my point of view :)

m4oH
02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Ubisoft All The Way!!!!

Trento52
02-06-2004, 05:28 PM
I like Sega, Ubi soft, Namco, Activision, Tecmo. In order though it is Sega, Tecmo, Ubi soft, Namco.

I chose sega because i love Otogi, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and shemnue is alright.

Tecmo because of there awsome exclusives and mostly Ninja Gaiden

Ubi soft-Because they always do the best for xbox and there gamess are always really good. Rainbow 6, beyond good and evil, princeof persia etc.

Then Namco because i am looking forward to Breakdown and i liked soul calibur on sega dreamcast. I wasn't impressed by the second one at all.

I only named activision because doom 3 and a few ld games on th dreamcast i liked.

XboxTJ
02-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Ubisoft all the way even though Microsoft Game Studios is the best publisher, lol. And i love it when their private developers make games for them like Bungie.