PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who are worrying about pre-ordering, look here!

rawiswar
07-17-2001, 03:02 PM
You all need to STOP WORRYING! I did the same thing with the PS2 last year! "I can't pre-order anywhere! My life is over"! That's crap. What you need to do is check Gamestop.com, sign up for the Xbox newsletter, and check back on Gamestop everyday. I emailed them and they said once they know how many they're getting, they will start taking pre-orders on their website. Not only that, but they will e-mail you when they do start! So trust me, I did this last year with my PS2 and I got it on-time and in perfect condition. Just make sure to order it within a week after they start taking pre-orders!

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 04:05 PM
thats great but i aint got that visa thing u mentioned... i have to get mine out of the store...

SeTH
07-17-2001, 06:11 PM
Don't worry if you don't have a credit card where I always buy my stuff is Electronics Boutique (or other places it may be called: BABBAGES, SOFTWARE ETC. they are all owned by the same company) but i always check at EBGAMES.com because that is where the stores listed up top release dates are and they always get everthing the day it is released!!! So Check it out if you don't have a credit card besides you have to wait for your stuff to arrive if you order it online!!!

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 07:07 PM
yea... this has been an ongoing discussion but it basically boils down to us all having the money but no one takin pre orders so we are all impatient and wont stop talkin about it untill we pre order it from wherever we decide to...
the way i will decide is the place that has a pre order garuntee and then the best extras ( some have free rentals, or packages with games and such for slightly lower)

Aaron
07-19-2001, 02:29 AM
if you dont preorder xbox youre nuts.

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 10:59 AM
ohhh i know that! i am also goin nuts not pre orderin it!

Aaron
07-19-2001, 08:27 PM
oops i meant to say if you havent pre ordered yet you have no nuts ;)

vash the stampede
07-21-2001, 05:44 PM
instead of going to all this preorder stuff, just go to a place that don't take preorders like future shop, or walmart, get there when the place opens, at like, 9 or 8 or whatever, and get it and all the stuff u need. I did that with the n64 and dc and i got all the stuff i needed.

dances with broom sticks
07-21-2001, 06:21 PM
thats crazy! what if theres a rush or people campin outside?

vash the stampede
07-21-2001, 06:51 PM
that's y u get there at 6 or 6:30, and and the place opens at 7. Besides, ottawa is a place where lots of people play games, but not many are willing to wait or do drastic things for them, it's pretty sweet actually. Don't forget, the 8th is a weekday, and not many people can skip a bit of work or school just for games, so i'm not worried, i'll be playing the x-box on the 8th just like all of u who get it pre ordered.

dances with broom sticks
07-21-2001, 07:16 PM
here in halifax there isnt goin to be many people either... only problem is that means not many systems

vash the stampede
07-21-2001, 10:43 PM
meh, with over a million people in the new ottawa, there will be plenty of em around at launch, i'm just gunna skip the morning of school, and one right away, hey, even if i don't get one the longest i'll have to waits about a month, but, i don't see many people lining up outside WALMART just to get an x-box. there was no lineup for the gba, yet it was stil sold out by the evening at walmart, and my friend managed to get one no prob.:cool:

dances with broom sticks
07-22-2001, 09:29 AM
heh... well then if i dont manage to prebook one i will just try that!