PDA

View Full Version : Metal Arms??!

m4oH
02-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Does anyone besides me thing is like the best game in the world!! Also if anyone has any help with level 4 could you please post it!!

LiquidX
02-06-2004, 09:01 PM
2nd best... only to Halo. Glitch is like the MC's little bro.

l Maximus l
02-06-2004, 11:42 PM
I agree...Metal Arms is absurdly fun...

And, I find it strange, though...while I'm playing that game, I find myself wondering why it's so fun the entire I'm playing...while having fun! I know...give it to me: :huh: :D

yall
02-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I also love it and think its a killer game. I'm still having trouble beating the Zombiebot King though. Arrggghh!

George89
02-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I played the demo for this game and it was pretty darn fun...though I don't think it's one of the best XBOX games.

LiquidX
02-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by yall
I also love it and think its a killer game. I'm still having trouble beating the Zombiebot King though. Arrggghh!

What you have to do is use the slingshot to shoot coring charges in his face when he stops attacking. Try to use the tip of Glitches antenna to aim. Once you know how to beat him its pretty easy. Just make sure to stay away from him.

thrAsher
02-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by LiquidX

What you have to do is use the slingshot to shoot coring charges in his face when he stops attacking. Try to use the tip of Glitches antenna to aim. Once you know how to beat him its pretty easy. Just make sure to stay away from him.
Great, great game. One of the top titles last year, IMO.

LiquidX's method is the one I used. Go for the face w/ coring charges when he's resting/not attacking. For whatever reason, the coring charges work much better on the first boss then rockets.

Also be sure to use the field to your advantage. If you can make him strike the various grates along the arena floor (or at least make it so he has to drag the morning star back across one), then you can get the power-ups inside.

As frustrating as he was the first time around, the game is such a blast that having to replay him wasn't a big deal. I saw a little hint at IGN recently that basically said we could see a 2nd installment in the Metal Arms franchise as early as this winter. Hopefully we get the full deal this time, w/ system link AT LEAST implemented. I mean, imagine this puppy on XBL!

mattgame
02-07-2004, 11:14 AM
mmmmmm... Metal Arms system link....mmmmm (drools profusely):hail:

m4oH
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
AHHHH!!! I'm stuck on level 6 now!!

BinaryXtreme
02-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah, this game is great. I bought it when it recently fell $20 to $29.95. A steal for how entertaining it is. Great game play, great graphics, and cute story line. I highly advise anyone that wants a good game to get this. I would have had no problem paying full price for this knowing how good it is.

m4oH
02-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
AHHHH!!! I'm stuck on level 6 now!!
How many levels are there? I think I'm on level 11 now!

AloneInTheDark
02-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I love this game, my faviorte game right now out of any of them. It's so much fun, and that little glitch is just so cute :cool:

LiquidX
02-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by m4oH

How many levels are there? I think I'm on level 11 now!

Theres 42 levels... I have to completely restart the game cuz on the level before the last level I spent most of my washers stocking up on wepons and ammo and now I dont have enough to beat General Corrosive... save your washers people.

m4oH
02-07-2004, 05:46 PM

Theres 42 levels... I have to completely restart the game cuz on the level before the last level I spent most of my washers stocking up on wepons and ammo and now I dont have enough to beat General Corrosive... save your washers people.
That Sucks!!!:(

bretman1234
02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
I love this game, my faviorte game right now out of any of them. It's so much fun, and that little glitch is just so cute :cool:
If there was any question before.....

:p

I played the demo on the OXM disc and really contemplated getting it. VERY good demo and probably the best one that OXM has ever had.

CRAYMAN
02-08-2004, 06:09 PM

Yeah, I'm always torn as to if I should buy more weapons or stockpile washers in hopes of getting a really good one.
Probably the best left handed/secondary weapon is the Recruiter.
42 levels??? This puppy is loooooong.:cool:

J4320
02-08-2004, 09:25 PM
This game rocks!! Wait till you get the last multiplayer level!! You can be General Corrosive if you want!! When I play my brother I always smash him!;)

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 12:41 AM
I think Metal Arms is a great game and all, but, too bad it's a multi-platformer :eek:

Soundscape
03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
bump...i just want to make sure this game definitely has bots in multiplayer before i get it.
what is the max number of bots you can play against? any thoughts on this game's multiplayer mode in general?
thanks

Arrakis44
03-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I wouldnt say it was the best game in the world - but it is a lot of fun. Played the demo, if i had any spare cash right now this would be on my list.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Metal Arms is good from the demo I've played. I don't understand why not alot of people are talking about it. I thought there was bots cos someone told me there was but that was wrong. I don't blame him. Anyway the controls are so much like Halo. Top marks!

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 01:31 PM
i bought it...no bots in multi...it doesn't remind me of halo at all...wish i could take it back.

Trento52
03-27-2004, 02:46 PM
I love that game but i am am on a hard spot and will get around to finishing it someday. I should try some more multiplayer i only tired a couple minutes.

Trento52
03-27-2004, 02:47 PM
i went a bought it...no bots in multi...it doesn't remind me of halo at all...wish i could take it back.

Yeah i noticed that too but thought maybe i am doing something wrong. That is a downer in the game but i still really like it.

m4oH
03-27-2004, 04:00 PM
I wouldnt say it was the best game in the world - but it is a lot of fun. Played the demo, if i had any spare cash right now this would be on my list.
The game is way better than the demo in my opinion, I had the one from the OXM and I like the game like 20 times more :D

Stagliano
03-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Metal Arms is a smashing game. It's not particularly original or clever but it plays so supremely well. I would recommend it to anyone.

I'm sure I've got well over ten hours worth of play from it and I'm just past the half way stage.

thrAsher
03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Man, been playing the multiplayer w/ my brothers tonight for a couple hours. Most time I've put into the multi and it's a blast. Recruiting bots to help you fight is a riot, and it's so dang smooth...no hiccups in framerate at all.

I'll say it a million times, though, if the sequel (there best be one) doesn't have AT LEAST system link, I'll lay off buying it until it's in the bargain bin.

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 08:14 PM
yeah, it's not worth $30, IMO. it's a pretty cheesey game. probably more suited to youngsters.

XboxTJ
03-27-2004, 08:45 PM
2nd best... only to Halo. Glitch is like the MC's little bro.

Hell yeah, i thought while i played it that it was the best since Halo. Hope they have a sequel.

Trento52
03-28-2004, 12:19 AM
It sold so bad i highly doubt a sequel. I think awhile ago i saw something like 55000 for xbox, 35000 for ps2, and 15000 for gamecube. By now maybe they doubled since more people are beginning to like it or buy it because it is so damn cheap. Even if it did double the stats i saw it would have to double and maybe they would make a sequel but triple would probably garuntee a sequel. IMO

CRAYMAN
03-29-2004, 01:16 PM
I love that game but i am am on a hard spot and will get around to finishing it someday. I should try some more multiplayer i only tired a couple minutes.

What "hard spot?"

kenji
03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
bump...i just want to make sure this game definitely has bots in multiplayer before i get it.
what is the max number of bots you can play against? any thoughts on this game's multiplayer mode in general?
thanksThere are no bots that I know of. Sorry.
I played with my friend, and it was a lot of fun. That was only two people too. Four people would be awsome. I would get it just for the single player game.

I think that Metal Arms is an awsome game. I beat it on easy, now I'm trying to get all the secret chips. It's really frustrating. :bang:

kenji
03-29-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah, it's not worth $30, IMO. it's a pretty cheesey game. probably more suited to youngsters.I completely disagree. If you actually play the single player game instead of moping about multiplayer, you would see that it was ment for all ages, probably more for teens. I wouldn't compare games to Halo either, because you are going to be continually disappointed.

CRAYMAN
03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
yeah, it's not worth $30, IMO. it's a pretty cheesey game. probably more suited to youngsters.

Yep, you are REALLY in the minority. Metal Arms is a BLAST. :argue1:

But, to each his own. :confused:

Soundscape
03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I completely disagree. If you actually play the single player game instead of moping about multiplayer, you would see that it was ment for all ages, probably more for teens. I wouldn't compare games to Halo either, because you are going to be continually disappointed.

i'm not moping. just stating my opinion on the game. i have played through 2 or 3 levels and that's all i could stand. i guess some older gamers might have some interest in it(although i don't see how) but definitely not me. and i'm not the one comparing it to halo here. alot of posts i read from people who suggest the game keep comparing it to halo, not me. i just said it didn't remind me of halo at all.

m4oH
03-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Sorry to ask so a stupid question but it has been buggin me ever since I join XBA. What does IMO stand for??

Soundscape
03-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Sorry to ask so a stupid question but it has been buggin me ever since I join XBA. What does IMO stand for??

in my opinion