PDA

View Full Version : Men of Valor Vietnam Screens!!!

Ugunnalose
02-07-2004, 01:22 AM
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/menofvalor_020604_007.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/menofvalor_020604_008.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/menofvalor_020604_002.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/menofvalor_020604_004.jpg

enigma
02-07-2004, 05:36 AM
tht looks beast, check owt the trees, ther the best i eva sin on a game:cool:

Hard Boiled Cop
02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
This game looks awesome and I very much like the trees. I'm just wondering, will it be scripted AI or not?

Shadow20002
02-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Awesome pics !!

Koopa
02-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
This game looks awesome and I very much like the trees. I'm just wondering, will it be scripted AI or not?

technically all AI is scripted, in the sense that they're programed, at the most basic level, to act like: If A happens, I do B.

but erm if you mean tons of scripted events, like in call of duty, versus free-running AI, like in..say...half life 2..it'll probably be a mix of both..like in halo.

the AI will most likely have free reign to a certain extend, but certain events, like a that same covenant dropship, will always come down to that same place and drop off the same guys.

but thats just my guess.

BehindRedDoors
02-07-2004, 12:52 PM
All man, amazing pictures. :cheers:

2 Questions. I have read much about this game..

- Is it a FPS?
- Will it have Online Play?

Thanks. :watchout:

Hard Boiled Cop
02-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Well yes it is an FPS game but I don't know about the online bit.

btw: thanx koopa. I meant the scripted events as well as the enemy's AI of reacting to a certain situation. Like take cover behind a tree when underfire. I've seen many games that does not do that. They always charge up at you making them a target practise. A good example of this dumb AI is Red Faction.

blackiee2002
02-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Awesome pics, Great game, and great immagination, but why the hell would any one one wanna go head to head with HALO 2, i don't think developers understand how to market thier games. look HALO2 was pushed to fall 2004 for a reason not because it won't be ready but becasue they want to give other developers some time to get thier games out before HALO 2 swallows them whole.

WRONG move amigos, try harder and at least make it Q3 2004 to have a chance of survival

Holt88
02-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
Awesome pics, Great game, and great immagination, but why the hell would any one one wanna go head to head with HALO 2, i don't think developers understand how to market thier games. look HALO2 was pushed to fall 2004 for a reason not because it won't be ready but becasue they want to give other developers some time to get thier games out before HALO 2 swallows them whole.

WRONG move amigos, try harder and at least make it Q3 2004 to have a chance of survival

It's exactly what's going on with Full Spectrum Warrior which might be released right near Halo 2, so stupid.

BinaryXtreme
02-07-2004, 02:08 PM
One word, sasasasasasasasasa SAWEET! Looks great! Very interested in this game.

Ford Mustang
02-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Those shots look totally awesome. :cheers:

SgtSavage
02-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I've been looking foward to this game since i first herd about it!:D

Veno
02-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Looked into the game, seems kinda standard. Graphics aren't quite as nice as Vietcong though, looking forward to the expansion pack. If you're looking for a good vietnam game and you didn't like Vietcong, I'd suggest upcoming Battlefield Vietnam, bf1942 in vietnam with better graphics and some really awesome looking gameplay mechanics. And bfvn is coming out in march, so wouldnt be too long of a wait. Oh yeah, and men of valor: vietnam isn't coming out until end of the year so not much point in waiting for it with all these great games like half life 2, halo 2, and doom 3 coming out.

Bakeman
02-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Holt88

It's exactly what's going on with Full Spectrum Warrior which might be released right near Halo 2, so stupid.

FSW was pushed back to June ....

Halo 2 has been pushed back to fall (september, october, november)

Dr_J
02-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Halo 2 has never been pushed back. Fall of '04 is the first announced date from Bungie.

Ugunnalose
02-08-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah im definately buying this game

Brutus
02-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Shooters are my Favorite games now!
You see, since getting my Xbox, I realized that games are meant to be played, not watched. (I used to be a Final Fantasy and Grandia Junkie)
The thing with shooters is I just can't get enough of them! Halo, Brute Force, Deus Ex Invisible War, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, all have graphics that make me wet my pants and there still isn't enough of them shooters.
My genre preference has changed MASSIVELY!
Chalk me up for this one! I"m into any good shooters that come along, you know~