PDA

View Full Version : Halo question.

Madhattr
02-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok Halo is supposedly set in the year 2552 right, now why is it after 550 years we are still using shotguns, assault rifles and trucks? Like we were able to come up with faster then light travel and populate many other planets but we just can't figure out anything tougher then a pistol?

xbox genius
02-07-2004, 09:35 PM
well... dont you think if humans were shot with a pistol and shotgun in year 2552 that it would at least do some damage? cuz i mean... the shotgun is friggen damaging in real life and in the game.... plus it sorta makes more humanish to have shotguns and pistols.....

this is just my opinion...

Fanboy5000
02-07-2004, 10:30 PM
I guess that Bungie thought that if a shotgun will **** you up in 2000, then it will **** you up in 2552.

No Fear 23
02-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Madhattr
Ok Halo is supposedly set in the year 2552 right, now why is it after 550 years we are still using shotguns, assault rifles and trucks? Like we were able to come up with faster then light travel and populate many other planets but we just can't figure out anything tougher then a pistol?

that would be a good question to ask bungie. i've always wonder that too.

Slacker
02-07-2004, 11:47 PM
It's Video game in a fantasy setting, Stop this speculation now before we get the "trekkie" status this is how it starts , next we will be talking about things like, Captain Keyes could kick Capt kirks but anyday, ,End it NOW ... :):D

Shadow20002
02-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Well, you need to post it in the right category of forum. As for the answer of your question, i think even if we are going far like 500 years after 2000, we will still have some classic weapons.

TuffEagle88
02-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Its because the UN started controlling the world and because there were no longer any firearms in the hands of civilians and were were all too busy singing "we are the world" to improve upon existing technology because we didn't see that there was a real need for more advanced weapons. There was no necessity and hence no invention. But of course thats why we got our asses kicked by the covenant.

kenji
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
They have huge ships, artificial intelligence, and a super cyborg that destroyed an entire ring all by himself.

I think that this is an improvement from today.:cheers:

JJaX
02-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Because we all know that 550 years from now we wont be using ballistic weapons... DuH! Right?

:rolleyes:

Whats the point of questioning something there is no answer for?

Brutus
02-09-2004, 01:52 PM
OK. So none of you guys have ever shot a real gun, Eh? Well I'm a farm boy. A hunter; Fisherman... Here's what I gotta' tell you: If you read the specs on the ammo ( You know, before you pick it up, zoom in with the sniper rifle or the pistol ). You can see right there that there are some killer weapons. I mean, High velocity, long distance rifles for example use a smaller, lighter shell in order to insure its distance.
I don't remember the Shell Size exactly, but I remember looking at it going: "WOW!" Because it was huge!
That's just one. How about the wierd digital stuff on there too! Built into the gun! Like Night Vision, Zoom Pistol, Digital ammo count.
Since World War II The SKS still hasn't changed. The 45 Caliber is still the same as Jesse James and the only night vision we got is with a scope. Not a distance meter as well.
So yeah, I was impressed with all of the new guns. Very interesting...

Madhattr
02-09-2004, 09:09 PM
You guys have got to be drunk or kidding. Using ballistic weapons after 550 years!?!? We went from bows and arrows to ICBMS in about 200 years and back then we didn't have computers to help us build.
Kenji: Noticed in my first post how I said "we discovered faster then light speed" ya that was basically refering to all the other high tech stuff in Halo as compared to the primitive shotguns and hand grenades...
Sure we can create unstoppable cyborgs but i'll be damned if i can think of something more powerful then my pump action shotgun.
Where are the lasers? where are the magnetic rifles? (yes it is a concept that involves firing bullets with magnets and it is far superior to gun powder.) where are our hover crafts?
But the biggest joke is that blasted piece of trash assault rifle, I hate that gun more then the damn needler.
You see the size of the rocket launcher? It's giassnormous! Even hand held rocket launchers today are smaller.
OK now I will move on to the scorpion tank! What kind of damn lunatic decides to build a tank that offers little or no protection for the only driver? Who thinks these things up?

E Nomini Patri
02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
You guys have got to be drunk or kidding. Using ballistic weapons after 550 years!?!? We went from bows and arrows to ICBMS in about 200 years and back then we didn't have computers to help us build.
Kenji: Noticed in my first post how I said "we discovered faster then light speed" ya that was basically refering to all the other high tech stuff in Halo as compared to the primitive shotguns and hand grenades...
Sure we can create unstoppable cyborgs but i'll be damned if i can think of something more powerful then my pump action shotgun.
Where are the lasers? where are the magnetic rifles? (yes it is a concept that involves firing bullets with magnets and it is far superior to gun powder.) where are our hover crafts?
But the biggest joke is that blasted piece of trash assault rifle, I hate that gun more then the damn needler.
You see the size of the rocket launcher? It's giassnormous! Even hand held rocket launchers today are smaller.
OK now I will move on to the scorpion tank! What kind of damn lunatic decides to build a tank that offers little or no protection for the only driver? Who thinks these things up?

Gameplay balance.

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Personally, I dig that aspect of Halo. It's not like they are using lightning and laser weapons which most game developers think of when imagining the future.

I think it fits the game perfectly...

JJaX
02-10-2004, 09:02 AM

I have a solution for you, dont play the games.

BTW, your sig is to big.

Brutus
02-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah! GO play Star Wars! You Trekkie ***GET!!
You want to blast someone with a "LASER"
GO rent Austin Powers!
Halo is the best futuristic game out there.
But enough bashing. The best futuristic weaponry is a close one. But I'd have to say that Deus Ex invisible war, with the first person shooting Mako Weapons steals the show for the best Video Games weopens.
I'm gonna' post a thread, go vote!

Madhattr
02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
Yeah! GO play Star Wars! You Trekkie ***GET!!
You want to blast someone with a "LASER"
GO rent Austin Powers!
Halo is the best futuristic game out there.
But enough bashing. The best futuristic weaponry is a close one. But I'd have to say that Deus Ex invisible war, with the first person shooting Mako Weapons steals the show for the best Video Games weopens.
I'm gonna' post a thread, go vote!

Actually it was just a satirical thread you lame ass. I love Halo and I think it's perfect. I wouldn't change anything, I knew there would be a couple losers who freaked out with their mindless insults but over all not too bad.
Advice for Brutus, go get laid, you need to relax and realize that Halo is just a game and if someone criticizes it, they are simply opinion.
JJax: Your sig is bigger then mine. :P

E Nomini Patri
02-10-2004, 06:49 PM
JJax: Your sig is bigger then mine. :P

His sig is 13KB.

Yours is 567KB.

Maximum file size limit is 75KB.

Change your sig.

selowitch
02-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
Its because the UN started controlling the world and because there were no longer any firearms in the hands of civilians and were were all too busy singing "we are the world" to improve upon existing technology because we didn't see that there was a real need for more advanced weapons. There was no necessity and hence no invention. But of course thats why we got our asses kicked by the covenant.
:rotfl: Good one.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Don't sweat it, its just a game man.

TuffEagle88
02-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ultra-electro
Don't sweat it, its just a game man.

thats only what they want you to think! Its all real I tell you! REALLLL I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

KMSENSEI
02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
we are still using them because if it aint broke dont fix it

mayo_nase2000
02-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't really give a crap, I just play the game.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
I believe Bungie has a more realistic view of the future of the world.