PDA

View Full Version : Certain DVDs or is it the xbox?

Trento52
02-08-2004, 12:35 AM
I have noticed that during alot of scenes in certain DVDs such as House of the dead(which was pretty dumb), Cabin Fever(Kinda cool..PANCAKES), and some i can't remember it freezes up. It will flip through numbers and skip parts or just will freeze. Or it will start looking like pink, green, and purple fireworks going on the screen. This happened 2 times in cabin fever but no big deal but house of the dead just froze up and flashed alot. I have a philips drive but has anyone else ever come across DVD's that don't work in the Xbox and have had similar problems like this?

StudioAlex
02-08-2004, 09:34 AM
That sounds more like a problem with dirty discs. When the xbox (or any DVD player, for that matter) won't play a DVD, it tells you when you pop it in. This crap wouldn't happen if there were a standard for dvd like redbook is for cd.

Anyway, I've mostly heard that Disney DVDs are particular jerks in the xbox.

Trento52
02-08-2004, 12:41 PM
I've never tried a disney DVD but thr DVDs do work i never get Dirty Disc Errors but they just mess up freeze and flicker like a VHS that had the tape on the inside crinkled.

BinaryXtreme
02-08-2004, 01:30 PM
I've watched several movies on my XBOX and never had a problem. If you clean your discs and it persists your lens might need cleaning or adjusting.

LynxFX
02-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
This crap wouldn't happen if there were a standard for dvd like redbook is for cd.

There is a standard, it is called DVD. The discs that have problems are those from companies that don't stick to the standard specs. Disney as you mentioned is one of the biggest offenders.