PDA

View Full Version : think MGS3: Snake Eater will come out for x-box

FireShield
02-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Do you guys think that MGS3 will do what MGS2 did and come out with a substance like version later for x-box? Leave your thoughts and participate in the poll.

No Fear 23
02-08-2004, 12:56 AM
i beleive it is already coming out for xbox. i think

SPARTAN VI
02-08-2004, 05:23 AM
I'd spit on it if I ever get my hands on a copy. MGS2 was a big let-down to me. MGS3 looks like PS2's first over-hyped crapfest.

But hey, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised with a nice game...

AmpedRider
02-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Nope thats why I have a ps2

StudioAlex
02-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Yes but at least six months later. But I won't be playing it no matter what system it comes on.

Shadow20002
02-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Hmm.. unsure. :(

Unreal
02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by FireShield
Do you guys think that MGS3 will do what MGS2 did and come out with a substance like version later for x-box? Leave your thoughts and participate in the poll.
I don't know if it will or not. As of now, I think it won't see the light of day. Substance didnt sell well but Splinter Cell sold over a million. If 3 comes out the same day, then yes it will do well. Who will buy a 2 year old game with flaws. BTW, I guess I was one of those people. lol

JJaX
02-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Who cares?

I was pissed off after i bought it.

It was like OK, i have splinter cell, this game owns all. So i went out and bought MIGS after hearing all the solid snake groupies rant and rave.

I played it and was like this is horrible. And yes i played it to the end so i can return it and never have to see it again.

Trento52
02-08-2004, 12:47 PM
The second one i didn't like it was so akward and i gave up after an hour of wondering around.

Anyways i think it might come over after a certain time like manhunt will and the greatest example grand theft auto. Once the sales start to slow it will boost up a bit if they ported it to make some extra cash IMO.

m4oH
02-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Monky
Nope thats why I have a ps2 :cheers:Ya same :cheers:

enigma
02-08-2004, 02:50 PM
mgs1 was ace an its my favorite game of all time, but i was wel dissapointed with the second1 and i wud not buy the third even if it did cum owt

CRAYMAN
02-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by enigma
mgs1 was ace an its my favorite game of all time, but i was wel dissapointed with the second1 and i wud not buy the third even if it did cum owt

Me too!

After buying Splinter Cell, I thought I'd also like Substance...WRONG. It was just too cartoony/childish. For example, I got tired of hearing at my death, "Snake?, Snake?, Sssnnnaaaakkkee!???"
Splinter Cell was more mature, at least it seemed to be.

m4oH
02-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

Me too!

After buying Splinter Cell, I thought I'd also like Substance...WRONG. It was just too cartoony/childish. For example, I got tired of hearing at my death, "Snake?, Snake?, Sssnnnaaaakkkee!???"
Splinter Cell was more mature, at least it seemed to be.
Man I think you are completely wrong!:huh: It's just you have to get into the game and not just play it for an hour that shut off the system. I rate MGS2S as my fav. game of the year and I won Splinter Cell too!

George89
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
It will probably eventually come out on xbox, like so many games do.

alistein
02-10-2004, 06:54 AM
I highly doubt it seeing this is Konami and the demand for this game is generally weak for the xbox. Most xbox owners are waiting for Splintercell:Pandora tomorrow. Besides with all the big titles coming out on xbox this year this game would be a sure miss but if you ask me I'd say instead of Mgs let Duality or Strident be released. Duality is a sort of Mgs rpg and would run circles round the ps2 being an xbox exclusive here is a trailer of Duality and Strident.
http://www.teamxbox.com/showmedia.php?mid=193
http://www.teamxbox.com/showmedia.php?mid=194
and here is duality gameplay footage http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_duality.html.
Well there you have it.

colosso
02-11-2004, 12:33 AM
we played SILENT HILL 2,but where is SILENT HILL 3? now konamy is talking about SILENT HILL :THE ROOM,so i guess we won't see METAL GEAR SOLID 3 on xbox,until they are ready to make a fifth installmet,so don't buy konamy products and show them how to respect xbox customers just like EA .konamy sucks

gamer247365
02-11-2004, 06:39 AM
i dont know, it might in like a year and a half or so

themoosearmy
02-11-2004, 08:50 AM
If it does come out, it won't be for a while. Substance didn't sell very well on XB and splinter cell pretty much owned all.

By the way, the Game Over screen is my facorite part of MGS:S, i love that music.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:13 PM
its a Nintendo exclusive, so no way...

LTM360
02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ultra-electro
its a Nintendo exclusive, so no way...

Wow your an idiot. (Spammer too by the way)
The Twin Snakes is a Nintendo Exclusive. Not Snake Eater. Snake Eater is only comming out for PS2 as of now, but I'd bet on it that they release it on Xbox. I also hope they do :(

Rifleboy3
02-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I would hope it would come for Xbox, but its highly unlikely. havened really played the 1st, but beat the 2nd in 6 hours....was that glued to the screen.

Unreal
02-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by colosso
we played SILENT HILL 2,but where is SILENT HILL 3? now konamy is talking about SILENT HILL :THE ROOM,so i guess we won't see METAL GEAR SOLID 3 on xbox,until they are ready to make a fifth installmet,so don't buy konamy products and show them how to respect xbox customers just like EA .konamy sucks
The reason why Silent Hill 2 was on the Xbox and 3 was not. Is because Silent Hill 2 was a new story and therefore us gamers that own an Xbox and have not played Silent Hill 1 wont be lost. Silent Hill 3 shares alot of elements from Silent Hill 1, so its almost continuing alot of stuff from the game. Silent Hill 4: The Room, is a seperate story as well, hence the release of the game on Xbox. BTW, why would you want to boycott Konami? Xbox owners have an enhanced version of Silent Hill 2, an enhanced version of Metal Gear Solid 2, a very cool version Dance Dance. But that is your choice. :D