PDA

View Full Version : What made you buy an xbox

* Lord Vulcan *
02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
I remember back when i used to be a psone addict. Sometimes i still play playstation every once in a while just for old time sake. well anyways i also remember when the PS2 firsted launched i was so excited, i hadent even heard the word xbox in my whole life. so i went to walmart the first day it came out and got the PS2. then i left a message on my cousins cell phone that i got a PS2 he said you made a mistake dawg there is this new system coming out by Microsoft called the xbox, i said and this compares to the PS@ HOW. well while i enjoyed my Ps2 for one whole year, one day my cousin was over at our grandparents and he told me to come over cause he has this game for ps1 that looked better than anything on my ps2. Eager to see this i rushed over and there is my causin with a blanket on him playing this first person shooter game, i saw it and it did look better than any ps2 game i had ever saw. then all of a sudden he pressed pause and saved and quit it said saving memory to xbox hardrive i said what a minute why does that say xbox. he fooled me by having the ps1 on and a controller ubder the blanket and the xbox underneath the chair he was sitting in, SO he told me this is the xbox and the game is called Halo, right there i was convinced just by this game, from then on i have hatted sony's false advertizment, there poor excues of a system and crapy games. i love my xbox with a passion the same if not more goes to Halo alone.

shapoopy
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
The graphics, was a nintendo fan, but at the time it was ps2 and xbox, and i always hated the ps2 i loved n64, HALO!, my friend boutht it when it came out and i played hao at his house it was fun, it was newer than ps2, and the graphix were sick.:cheers:

BananaMan
02-08-2004, 01:03 PM
nice double post. but what made me buy an xbox is it's much better than any other system i've played because of xbox live, the harddrive, i like the controller. and that's about it.

shapoopy
02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
nice double post. but what made me buy an xbox is it's much better than any other system i've played because of xbox live, the harddrive, i like the controller. and that's about it.

ya, nice double post, and im getting live soon i got 5o bucks:cheers:

Yankeez
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
sega stopped producing games for the DC so i moved on to the next console

ScorpionX
02-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Well the last console I owned before Xbox was a Dreamcast, and that failed so I wasn't really interested in gaming anymore. Then my buddy Kooster showed me this site before it was released and I fell in love with the Xbox :)

billyboyblue
02-08-2004, 01:11 PM
i just think xbox takes more time and cares more about threre games and graphics

kenji
02-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by billyboyblue
i just think xbox takes more time and cares more about threre games and graphics Welcome to XBA!:cheers:

I bought the Xbox because:

1. I used to own a N64 before the console war, and I didn't want an Game Cube, and I never really liked PS2, so Xbox by process of elimination.

2. Halo was the best FPS that I have ever seen.

3. DVD player was a plus.

4. I liked the controller

5. It looked cool.

AlphaCigara
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
i bought an xbox because

1. all my friends had one

2. Halo was (and still is) teh RoCkZorZ!!@!@@@@@11111111111

3. used to own a gamecube, but it was very lacking in the game department (after zelda ww, metroid prime, and eternal darkness, there was nothing left to play on it).
4. and believe it or not, i wanted it for the RPGs :cheers:

*Editing more in as i think about it*

5. all these great new games (links, rs3, metal arms, otogi, kotor)

6. Hard drive

7. Custom soundtracks

8. graphics

CarGuy
02-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I bought an XBox because it had more potential. I hadnt bought a console since SNES and to be honest hadn't considered another one until XBox came out.

* Lord Vulcan *
02-08-2004, 02:18 PM
simply put xbox is the best system, and here is why i bought it.

in no proticular order i give you.

1. Hardrive,
2. Halo
3. 4 controller ports
4. best graphics
5. exclusives
6. best multiplatform games
7. xboxlive
8 system looks kool
9. the thought of being able to put CD's on your hardrive then listen to them in games, 85 CD's in all
10. dolby 5.1 surround sound
11. controllers feel the best.

There is more but i cant think of any right now, help with any i left out.

Salmonaitor
02-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Definately System Link.

enigma
02-08-2004, 02:42 PM
its graphics r superior, its games r superior, its hdd unknown 2 anyover console, is tht gd enoof answer?

MikeMan91389
02-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Heh, i bought mine because i broke my ps2, with those damn dirty disk error ****, so i went and bought xbox with the money i got for my ps2 (450 bux w/ 25 games, andstuff) and bought splintercell, halo, and xbox and controllers, and sumthin else :eek:

LiquidX
02-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MM3_XBOX
i bought an xbox because

1. all my friends had one

I remember back in they day when I told you to get an Xbox and you did... Then like an idiot you traded it for a GC... a purple one at that. But finally you saw the light and got rid of your GC for another Xbox. :D

Anyways I bought the Xbox because:

1. Halo

2. More Power = More Potential

3. The Hard drive

4. Better Controllers

5. Mature games

6. Halo

7. No way in HELL MS would abandon it.

CharlieHustle
02-08-2004, 04:47 PM
HALO, i wasnt thinkin about a new console until i saw HALO. And it was a day before the xbox was released. I thought the screens were FMV, but i checked out IGN's site and its stated that it was actual gameplay. I was sold after that.

Crazy Joe
02-08-2004, 05:10 PM
i got it because i heard that Square was going to make games for Xbox, turned out to be false. But i was happy with my purchase none the less, lots of great games without Square.

Duke
02-08-2004, 05:16 PM
All the hot chicks that swoon when you tell them you beat halo on legendary.

LiquidX
02-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
All the hot chicks that swoon when you tell them you beat halo on legendary.

Ummm I think you mean fat chicks... there are probably a total of 7 hot chicks that like video games.

borka105
02-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I bought the xbox because I like the color green.

-borka105

Snake Eyez
02-08-2004, 08:20 PM
I bought mine because of the game Halo. A group of 15 of us got together and bought an Xbox with Halo and 4 controllers. Then that lead to 4 of us getting Xboxes for ourselves.

xbox genius
02-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by billyboyblue
i just think xbox takes more time and cares more about threre games and graphics

yeah thats why i stick with xbox...

what got me to buy an xbox is HALO.... and thats all. i wanted to buy an xbox just for halo and nothing else. now i feel good about my decision for i wanted a ps2 too....

Jayhawk
02-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I bought an xbox to play halo that was the only reason. And then after I bought it then I realized that it was a million times better than ps2.

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 12:40 AM
I bought an XBox because a beer fits perfect on the green jewel :D

hehe...actually, I was stoked about the idea of System Link...and the system has three times the graphical capability of the PoS2 and three times the processing speed. To this day, my XBox has a faster processor than my computer :D

My computer is a measly 600mhz :eek:

Brutus
02-09-2004, 10:27 AM
The Power. 5.1 DD. High Def TV.
I knew that Bill Gates would follow through with this one.

thrAsher
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I got mine because I couldn't see putting a whole bunch of money into a new PC. I scoured the internet for all the info I could find on the PS2 and the Xbox, from hardware comparisons, to games, etc. It was during this research period that I came across XBA, and even though it was a couple weeks from the time I decided on buying a console to when I did, I trolled XBA for a while. Just hearing about games that were in the works like Fable and B.C. had me hooked.

So, yeah, I wanted a powerful console w/ a leaning toward PC type games, and the Xbox just had all the features I was looking for. Now, if they'd just release more RPGs for the thing!

It was probably another month after I bought my Xbox before I finally joined this circus (XBA), though.

Oh, and for all the hot chicks.

Sleazy P Martini
02-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I was saving up money to build myself a new gaming PC, and then my wife said "Why don't you just buy an Xbox right now". I decided to take her advice.

Smart woman. :D

LiquidX
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
My computer is a measly 600mhz :eek:

Muahahahaha my P3 866mhz owns your 600! :p

Batman_wanna_be
02-09-2004, 03:18 PM
I bought mine your the games and the fact you can save muisc on it to

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX

Muahahahaha my P3 866mhz owns your 600! :p

lol, dude...I know I know I know...I need a new PC...probably next year. It's hard to believe that this computer is an antique already. It seems to me that I just bought it...but, it's 3 years old now, I guess. (Maybe 4)

Sigma
02-09-2004, 04:39 PM
When the Xbox was first released I didn't care much for it all. Only two games worth anything to me and those two games are HALO and DOA3, but neither was worth buying the console for IMO (sorry I like HALO, but im not a huge fan). Then some games that interested me alot started to come out games like Panzer Dragoon Orta and Splinter Cell and of course Xbox Live, but still I waited and then the price droped to $180 and KOTOR just came out and im a huge Star Wars fan plus I was interested in a ton of future releases for Xbox and I wantted Xbox Live.

Basicly the three things that got me to buy an Xbox when I did were Xbox Live, KOTOR, and the release of Ninja Gaiden being around the corner (at the time anyway).

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
(sorry I like HALO, but im not a huge fan).

Dude...really...it's okay...nobody is perfect ;)

dronezero
02-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Shenmue II

I probably never would have considered getting a x-box if it wasn't for that game.

Olaf the Proud
02-09-2004, 08:29 PM
the artical i read on it from gi and about how much research micro put into it. the breakaway cord, lengthof the cord sound qullity, and the hard drive to install all my own music.

Hero
02-09-2004, 09:05 PM
i did some research and it came down to ..ps2 has more games but xbox has more potential ...so i went with xbox and never looked back :D

worked out great for me cuz i havent owned a system since Super nintendo.

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Hero
i did some research and it came down to ..ps2 has more games but xbox has more potential ...so i went with xbox and never looked back :D

worked out great for me cuz i havent owned a system since Super nintendo.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't XBox have as many games as PS2 now? If not, it's gotta be close....a hell of a lot closer than it was when the XBox launched, of course. :)

Trento52
02-09-2004, 10:54 PM

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't XBox have as many games as PS2 now? If not, it's gotta be close....a hell of a lot closer than it was when the XBox launched, of course. :)

Well i think Xbox has more online enabled games on an even better online service. Plus ps2 has awhole lot of junk and xbox does too but ps2's shear magnatude of it is unbelievable.

Anyways

System specs really caught my eye and custom sountracks sounded awsome. I was going to get a ps2 but so glad i didn't plus i hate there controllers. I also liked the bundle and saw more bang for my buck for way more features all built in. Some games also caught my attention like DOA 3, Mechassault, and Quantum Redshift. I am not into RPGs tehy tend to get old fast.

skorp
02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
First I heard Microsoft was building a powerful console for gamers by gamers so I checked out the specs for the Xbox system online and was blown away... I'm a hardware guy especially being a computer tech. this definitely got my attention. CPU speed, Harddrive so I can save money on memory cards, 4-player connection, built-in high speed network (system link), HDTV ready, 5.1 surround, etc. It was a dream come true!

But I was concerned about what kind of games will be coming out. I had an idea how they would look & sound like but was not completely sure if this system was going to be a waste without software support from developers and all.... But I was convinced to finally purchase the Xbox when a friend of mine introduced me to Halo... So thats that!

Still enjoying it!:cheers:

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 01:04 AM
The aftermath after owning an XBox motivated me to go and purchase a 50" Widescreen HDTV and a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound system. I'm in gaming heaven :D

BattleAxe2006
02-10-2004, 03:20 PM
My reson is probably the most in-depth reason...my brother told me to...

ferrari
02-10-2004, 03:41 PM
WTF are you talking About.......XBOX IS better than PS2 but not for much...PS2 is also Good...But XBOX is always better...well then PS2 is No scrap...and XBOX neither...AND CHECK IN THE DICTIONARY BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING FOR THE MOST ATROCIOUS GRAMMAR AWARD

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ferrari
WTF are you talking About.......XBOX IS better than PS2 but not for much...PS2 is also Good...But XBOX is always better...well then PS2 is No scrap...and XBOX neither...AND CHECK IN THE DICTIONARY BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING FOR THE MOST ATROCIOUS GRAMMAR AWARD

I must say, that was extremely articulate as well ;)

blackiee2002
02-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Most powerful; and the only console that can make developers imagine big when making thier games like the one in my sig

mrgeorge88
02-10-2004, 05:21 PM
asking me why i got an xbox is like asking why the sky is blue

colosso
02-11-2004, 12:26 AM
HALO and the fact that xbox has
more power than ps2,better graphics,sound and games of my taste(fps).:cheers:

^APEX^5StarDiva
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I got an Xbox because there was games I wanted to play but they we're only on Xbox. Like my Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. I love all the MOH games but this one was on Xbox and PS2. So I got an Xbox because most of the people in my clan have Xbox's I figured it was a better buy.

Shadow20002
02-11-2004, 10:24 PM
What i will be without Fable huh ? Oh...and Halo too...

BinaryXtreme
02-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Cause the chicks dig it!

speedmonkey
02-11-2004, 11:59 PM
I bought an Xbox after playing it at some of my friend's places, I was really amazed at how high-quality the gameplay was, so I had to pick one up... not exactly your exciting story eh?

Flood
02-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Jet Set Radio Future

i was a big fan of Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast....so when the sequel was announced for Xbox, i was sold

mattgame
02-12-2004, 01:03 PM
I walked into a store and saw Halo playing. I couldn't believe the graphics. It was amazing. I put my 10 dollars up ASAP.:cheers:

Brutus
02-12-2004, 01:26 PM
The aftermath after owning an XBox motivated me to go and purchase a 50" Widescreen HDTV and a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound system. I'm in gaming heaven :D
No doubt. I did that same thing. Before I had an Xbox, I had a rinky dink 19" TV with an RF input and now I have a 5.1 surround sound stereo with a 27" TV that needs 5 plugs into it's orrifaces to display multi Colory goodness! hahahaha! Now I'm considered "ADDICT"ed, right?

themoosearmy
02-12-2004, 10:56 PM
1. The fact that XBOX releases about 10x the games that Nintendo does

2. Hardrive

3.Halo
4.Halo
5. you guessed it...Halo

Yannie Boy
02-13-2004, 06:46 AM
i bought it cuz i thought hey why not spend $300 for it to mess up and cause problems to everyone

Cryogenic Pyro
02-13-2004, 07:56 AM
I bought it because it had a harddrive, because it is the most powerful, and because I get a workout lifting it.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
I bought it because it had a harddrive, because it is the most powerful, and because I get a workout lifting it.

Yeah same here but I also wanted it because I heard it from another mate who also has an xbox. He says that xbox has the most powerful hard drive as well as Halo. I didn't play Halo before so I bought the xbox for that reason as well. I also bought an xbox because I wanted to be different from everybody else. The vast majority of a my mates have a PS2 and I didn't want to live in a world of dictatorship.