PDA

View Full Version : MPlayer Halo...Funnest thing ever!

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-07-2002, 08:11 PM
I just spent playing 6 hours of multiplayer Halo with 3 other friends. We had such a fun time. We played every single mode of multiplayer, and every single level in multiplayer. I won about 35.

If you haven't yet, do this. It's as fun as it gets.

Msterrrr
01-07-2002, 10:34 PM
100% i dig it:cool:
wait till you get online and play full screen

Carnage
01-08-2002, 12:43 AM
I must warn you about playing online.. Unless you enjoy slide shows, or have a SERIOUSLY fast connection, youll hate online Halo. I tried it once. Downloaded all the gamespy software I needed, connected, found a server somewhere semi near to me (pinged it at 100ms), waited for others to join (there we 6 of us total), waited for host to launch, waited to be synced with host, waited to spawn, pressed a couple buttons, waited to see the effects of those buttons (I jumped :) ), saw a warthog coming towards me, took a couple shots at him, tried to run away, waited for my button pressing to catch up with the server, noticed that i was lying on the ground, read in the upper left that i was run over, threw controller down, shut off xbox :) :)

This was NOT a fun experience for me, as you may have guessed. xboxgamer, stick with playing with your friends. a smooth game with fewer people is by far more fun that a choppy game with more.

LynxFX
01-08-2002, 01:48 AM
Carnage, you give up too easily. :)

I usually have to go through 3 or 4 servers to find one that doesn't lag. It is very rare to find one with over 4 or more people that doesn't lag. But once in a while you do find a good one and it is a lot of fun. Especially team DM with vehicles.

XBOX Dude
01-08-2002, 11:18 AM
yeah multiplayer is fun as long as the comp is good the only decent person i played got his ass wasted by me

Msterrrr
01-08-2002, 03:53 PM
yes why you stop so fast ,,Carnage,, after working to get it set up you try just once? did you set the connection speed under the options tab?
i have much better luck with no lag if im hosting mutliplayer full screen you cant beat it,, CTF,, Team slayer,, soooo cool

100th post club :D :cool: 3 digit man now

Carnage
01-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Yeah, i could try hosting.. But i dont think my cable is fast enough to support anymore than 2 people. I think im just going to wait for microsoft to come out with their online play

Msterrrr
01-08-2002, 05:33 PM
hey XBOX Dude that sounds like a challenge:D look me up next time im gattman,,, yesterday i played teams 2-1 i beat them 50-12