PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for a squad-based shooter

Ranger
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
I really like the Desert storm series and was interesated in buying a better squad based game. I doubt I will be playing over Xbox live. Thanks

E Nomini Patri
02-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Rainbow Six: 3, Ghost Recon, and Ghost Recon: Island Thunder.

All games are great on/offline :)

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 02:31 AM
I agree with Zero Flaw...and I think all of them kick the crap out of Conflict Desert Storm.

If you want more of an action based squad based shooter, pick up or rent Brute Force...good stuff, IMO.

Casper
02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I think the Conflict series is great actually - and with the games Zero Flaw said, add SWAT to that list too - pretty fun game too.

JDHack0822
02-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Let me put a vote in for RB6 3. I defiantly think it is the best of all the games mentioned here so far. Defiantly worth the money even if you don't play on XBL like me.

thrAsher
02-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Dude, it's all about the Rainbow 6 action and/or Brute Force. Both great games, and you can pick up Brute Force for $20 now, it's a Platinum Hit.

Don't listen to the Brute Force haters, the gameplay is very good and w/ the different difficulty levels, you can expect some pretty staunch opposition. Sure, the cutscenes suck, and the story is as wobbly as an Irishman on St. Patty's, but the gameplay and graphics are top notch IMHO.

Ranger
02-10-2004, 03:13 PM
I forgot to add that I wanted to be able to play multiplayer on the same console. Is R6-3 only one player? What about the others. I am busy reading the reviews right now:cheers:

TheHaloMafia
02-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Wait for Full Spectrum Warrior to come out in March. The graphics look great, and if its good enough for the Best Damn Army to train with, its good enough for us Couch-Generals.