PDA

View Full Version : I got my March OXM

Ninja
02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
MechAssault2 is on the cover & there a big preview for it.

And Yes there's a demo for Ninja Gaiden.

I'm still waiting for my XBN.

I will tell you more later after I have play some more.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Demos on the disc are:

Ninja Gaiden
Tenchu
ESPN Major League Baseball
Top Spin

Video Showcase:

Hitman: Contracts
NBA Ballers
The Suffering

I will be back later to type the other parts.

RudedogX
02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Let us know how the Ninja Gaiden preview is.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I will, but I'm going back to playing NG right now.

Just so you know I'm giving you Exclusive info here(that's what that jerk Amish Ninja gets for trying to make things hard for me).

Note: I'm not not the best writer in the world so be easy on me.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try my first preview/demo review here so be easy on me.

It's alot like POP but only better.

You start off with the True Dragon sword Sword, Vigoorian Flail, Dabilahro, Shuriken(you never run out of them), Incendiary Shuriken(start off with 20) and a Bow with 20 shots. The demo has level 1. Anyone try the level at E3?

Anyone know how you get up to the 2nd place in the level?

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:01 PM
And can you block Richxbox from viewing this?

DIGITAL
02-10-2004, 12:03 PM
i just read your post on teamxbox an came back over here,this sites better anyways ,i cant wait for my issue:D

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i just read your post on teamxbox an came back over here,this sites better anyways ,i cant wait for my issue:D

I just wish this forum wasn't so slow.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Reviews:

James Bond 007 EON: 8.2/10
Crouching Tiger: 5.8/10
Curse: 6.5/10
Intellivision Lives!: 7.1/10
Maximum Chase: 4/10
Mojo!: 7.3/10
NFL Streel: 8.3/10

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Ok I now got up to the Ninja Fortress, I was looking at just at the wrong place thats why I couldn't get up before.

RudedogX
02-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Ninja, try using the edit button instead of double and triple posting.:watchout:

Otherwise, thanks for the info, keep it up.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Got any thing you would like to ask me about the march OXM ask away?

Casper
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ninja

I just wish this forum wasn't so slow.

Site speed is back up - sorry about that :)

spacetrip
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Ninja, How was the playing experience with Ninja Gaiden? Was it....

1) Better than you imagined
2) Very good but not as good as the hype
3) Just good.
4) You were let down in some ways.
5) Sucked.

Also, how was the camera? Did it ever get in your way?

Thanks. :)

JJaX
02-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Sweet, a ninja gaiden demo!

Think the magazine hit the shelves yet?

Ninja
02-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Site speed is back up - sorry about that :)

I'm not talking about it being slow in that way, it's the number of members that post here that makes it slower.

Casper
02-10-2004, 01:31 PM

I'm not talking about it being slow in that way, it's the number of members that post here that makes it slower.

Yea, true, we don't have all of the dopes here while they work like those over there - regardless, it'll be seen throughout the day - don't be such an attention whore :p

Thanks for the updates - have you tried the ESPN MLB demo yet? Is there first person mode in it?

Ninja
02-10-2004, 01:33 PM
The front cover has MechAssault2 on it(World Exclusive).

GET OUT OF THE MECH AND INTO THE WAR
* Drive a tank * Steal a Mech
* Run in terror * Man a turret
Amazing new gameplay and mind-blowing screens inside!

At the top it has Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
We've played through the entire game. Get all the details!

007 Everything or Nothing
MASSIVE
4 PAGE
REVIEW

There's some thing about Starcraft: Ghost, Advent Rising, Hitman: Contracts but part of it being coved up by the white area that they print you mailing address on.

Gingerbreadman
02-10-2004, 01:46 PM

I feel i must apologise for the conduct of myself and my country during the war.

Ninja
02-10-2004, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the updates - have you tried the ESPN MLB demo yet? Is there first person mode in it?

Nope & I don't think I will I'm not into the sports games.

RudedogX
02-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Gotta love sarcasm:rolleyes:

Ninja
02-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Gingerbreadman

Why don't you post this in the official OXM forum too?!?

Where is that btw?:watchout:

It's at TXB.

spacetrip
02-10-2004, 01:58 PM
How bout my post Ninja?? :cool:

RudedogX
02-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes...they are trying to say they are from TXB. As I said...sarcasm:rolleyes:

Ninja
02-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by spacetrip
Ninja, How was the playing experience with Ninja Gaiden? Was it....

2) Very good but not as good as the hype
3) Just good.
4) You were let down in some ways.
5) Sucked.

Also, how was the camera? Did it ever get in your way?

Thanks. :)

I would say 1, and the camera wasn't bad.

Casper
02-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Gingerbreadman
OMG!!!:cheers:

Thanks alot man!!!

Why don't you post this in the official OXM forum too?!?

Where is that btw?:watchout:

Thanks again!:cheers: You the man!

EDIT: OMG!! THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO XBA!!! We are now officialy the number 1 xbox site!!:hail:

Not like I don't know who you are - nor do I really care - but I'd advise you to set a better rep for the site that you frequent a bit better than what you're doing...and no, I'm not talking about this one....

Just what we need - another 'let's waste our day at daycare while invading XBA again' oppurtunity for these tools. Btw ginger, I will catch you and make sure you stop running ;)

Gingerbreadman
02-10-2004, 02:11 PM

Btw ginger, I will catch you and make sure you stop running ;)

You are a scary, scary man:( ;)

Woot! He chose number 1 too!!

But the question remains, what did you imagine the game to be like?

blackiee2002
02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey how does it compare to Tenchu dude

Ninja
02-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
Hey how does it compare to Tenchu dude

How should I put this? I played the NG demo I loved it and then I played the Tenchu demo killed one guy & I jumped off to kill myself.

I didn't like Tenchu.

blackiee2002
02-10-2004, 03:15 PM
How should I put this? I played the NG demo I loved it and then I played the Tenchu demo killed one guy & I jumped off to kill myself.

i gotta wait for my mag to verify that. may be you are not a skilled ninja after all:D

blackiee2002
02-10-2004, 03:16 PM
by the way GOOOOOOOOOOOO J KERRY the come back KERRY :p

alistein
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
what about the graphics were thet spot on. From your experience do you think the game willl deliver and just how long is the demo.

Cold_As_Ice
02-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Can you tell us what the general impressions of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow were? Please supply a full summery of all the article if you have the time.

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm already expecting this to be a solid game (Ninja Gaiden, of course)...I was a die hard fan of the first one back in the day...this new one looks like it's off the hook. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this mag :)

blonks
02-10-2004, 04:14 PM
what the hell?!?!?! i havnt even recived my disc from feburary that they said would be here last week... GRRRRRR

and i even paid 50 bucks for a renewal and they send me no disc

shapoopy
02-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I thought Tenchu would be cool, It seemed better than NG I mean LIVE!!

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 05:09 PM
i cant believe they only gave 007 an 8.2, it deserved at least a 9 to me :mad:

BRVolition
02-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Oi vey. How many times did Ninja post in this thread without any information?

Shadow20002
02-10-2004, 05:57 PM
A demo of Ninja Gaiden.. hmm.. no need of it. ;)

Doom3_
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
If they have an N.G. demo that must mean *Music starts* do a little dance make a little live get down tonight

SABOTAGE
02-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Alright here are some detailed impressions. First off the camera is rather good, you don't have direct control over it, but can center it behind your back with the R button like Zelda. As far as controls go, you can do a regular jab with the x button, heavy attack with y, you jump with a and you use the b button to throw your secondary weapon. The three secondary weapons available in the demo were a regular shuriken with unlimited ammo, 20 delayed bomb shurikens for lack of a better word, and 20 arrows. For regular weapons you had a regular sword, numchucks, and a really big wide sword. Some of the acrobatics you can do are, run up walls, jump side to side off walls in small area, run up wall and jump backwards off of it.
As far as enemies go, they are all pretty smart and defend and attack at somewhat intelligent times. Granted, this is probably the first level. There were two types of enemies, brown-clothed ninjas and white-clothed ninjas. The white-clothed ninjas posed more of a threat. All the ninjas used a sword and could throw shuriken. The boss was a non-ninja man with long hair and numchucks. You may have seen him in some of the movies. Also, one last interesting note, when blocking, you can roll away if you are stuck somewhere.

Third Eye
02-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Nice sabotage, thanks for posting that. How did you like the game overall? You never mentioned your own personal opinion on how the game. Aside from the camera, which means Tecmo wasn't bluffing when they boasted how great their camera was.

JJaX
02-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Thank you Sabatoge..

Thats much better than "LoL, I gotz my disco0rz and Ninja GaideN RooWLSsz!!!11"

xbox genius
02-11-2004, 12:02 PM
ok i knew i should of subscribed to oxm last month :cuss: ninja gaiden is a must buy for me now, any of you guys know when its released?

JJaX
02-11-2004, 12:46 PM
First, the bad news: IGN confirmed with Tecmo today that Ninja Gaiden will miss the expected February 13 release date. Though no specific release date was given, retailers have been showing the second week of February as the magic month.

-IGN

Duke
02-11-2004, 01:28 PM
I think it's listed as coming out on the 23rd, but IGN said the 19th isn't out of the question.

DIGITAL
02-11-2004, 01:30 PM
heres a link to the march cover if anyone cares http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=3242070

Dawg605
02-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Can someone please type up some of the PT preview? Or, what do the new pics show? OR, SCAN the preview. PLEASE!

JJaX
02-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dawg605
Can someone please type up some of the PT preview? Or, what do the new pics show? OR, SCAN the preview. PLEASE!

Buy the magazine when you can...

Dawg605
02-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I am a subscriber, but don't get my magazine until like the 20th!

XboxTJ
02-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Hm, you got your OXM March issue already? I haven't, oh well, i guess i will get it soon. I have always wanted to play the demo of NG and Top Spin.

nateman
02-14-2004, 12:31 PM
No XBL demos ****ing cow.

Trill-Ville
02-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm going to try my first preview/demo review here so be easy on me.

It's alot like POP but only better.

You start off with the True Dragon sword Sword, Vigoorian Flail, Dabilahro, Shuriken(you never run out of them), Incendiary Shuriken(start off with 20) and a Bow with 20 shots. The demo has level 1. Anyone try the level at E3?

Anyone know how you get up to the 2nd place in the level? ok wtf? u said u was gonna give a demo review and u ask a q about how to get to a top part of the level. hows the game it self? the game play? etc?:cuss:

kenji
02-14-2004, 05:11 PM
I got my issue today and put the demo disk into my Xbox, and played Ninja Gaiden.

IT WAS AWSOME. SABATOGE gave an great description of the game, so read that. I stall can't beat the last guy. He is way too good. On a side note, I think that I like the gigantic sword the best because you can attack a lot of people at one time. I loved how whenever I killed someone, their heads fell off and the they fell down(rag doll style), then they disappeared in a shower of blood. One more enemy was those damn bats under the fortress.

I WANT TO PLAY THE REAL THING

Oh, by the way, Tenchu sucked hardcore. I played for about 5 seconds, and stopped because the sound/graphics/play/characters/game sucked horribly. I would definantely get Ninja Gaiden over Tenchu.

Dawg605
02-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Exactly. I played Ninja Gaiden for about half an hour, then loaded up Tenchu and I was like "God d*mn, this sucks gorilla b*lls compared to Ninja Gaiden".

MatrixMaul
02-14-2004, 06:05 PM
OMG!! I played Ninja Gaiden, and my G*d: its freaking good. The graphics and AI....*sigh* im gonna go play again

LiquidX
02-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Dawg605
I am a subscriber, but don't get my magazine until like the 20th!

I HATE that crap... Seems like when I first subscribed I got my mag on like the first of the month before. But now I get it mid-month. It's BS man BS. The n00bs should have to wait! God ****** I wanna play the Ninja Gaiden demo! :cuss:

m4oH
02-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MatrixMaul
OMG!! I played Ninja Gaiden, and my G*d: its freaking good. The graphics and AI....*sigh* im gonna go play again Did you censor GOD?

echthroi
02-22-2004, 04:44 PM
I will go buy this right now!

PoetSaskia
02-22-2004, 07:36 PM
The new OXM issue finally arrived where I lived and Ninja Gaiden is awesome, awesome, awesome! It absolutely blows Prince of Persia away. The graphics are incredibly sharp. The combat is super smooth and super fast. It is the best part. There are tons of different moves for each weapon, but you can kick all kinds of butt by just button mashing. I'm sitting here playing and saying to myself, "Holy cow, how did I do that?!" I just dashed at a guy so fast it looked like I practically teleported through him and cut his head off. Wow! I am really pleased with how fun, fast and smooth the combat is. I would say Ninja Gaiden lives up to the hype and looks like it may be the best game on xbox.

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by nateman
No XBL demos ****ing cow.
What u talkin bout??? Links is an XBL game... even tho u cant play online with it, u can still play the demo :eek:

Tetsuo
04-22-2004, 05:44 PM
GET OUT OF THE MECH AND INTO THE WAR
* Drive a tank * Steal a Mech
* Run in terror * Man a turret
I thought the ninja gaiden demo was fun but to be perfectly honest, I got more excited over the MechAssault2 article, is it just me or does this game look like it's going to be frickin' awesome! p.s. anybody know any other good sources for info on this game?

LiquidX
04-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Damn dude... whats with the ressurection of a 2 month old dead thread?

Personally, I wasn't really that intersted in the first MA... MA2 does look a bit interesting though. There really isn't much info, although I haven't been looking. Check Xbox.com, GameSpot, and IGN... oh and XBA. :)