PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Boundries: Off The Map

Triplex
01-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Sure, youve heard it before. Someone butting vehicles off the map?

Thats right, you heard it from xboxman1. He said him and his friend did it. Im that friend. I also got a digital camera. Youll have photo proof this weekend. Even a complete guide how to do it, hell, i will just tell you how to do it nowm, pix later....

Guide:
Get Sidewinder for a map, its the best, get two guys stocked up with gernades in rockets. I reccomend making a game type specificly for putting vehicles off the map, with all rockets and infinite gernades. Well, lets get on with show. Park a Warthog, up on a cliff, preferably. With one guy on the front or back, and you on the side away from the cliff, paced out from the warthhog about 3 in game meters. At the count of three, both throw a gernade under the jeep, then on another count of three, both of you fire missiles directing under the jeep at a predifined point. This will result in a cataclsmic explosion, sending the jeep up and over the "wall". You might here it crash, but it doesnt come back.

It gets better, at Blood Gulch me and xbox man sent one flying and it went over the wall and sat there, where you could see. My theory is that the disigned the top walls of this level with a small ridge leading to the invisible wall, therefore allowing vehicles to get stuck up there. You can see it, and launch rockets off it, we even got it to come off! We will be carrying out more wierd experiments this weekend I assure you. And there will be pics soon too!

Eh, forget putting vehicles off, I decided i wanted to go off! I simply took a tank to one of the ledges in sidewinder, i got in a ghost, and i drove the tank forward and hit it with my ghost! Dont beleieve me? Heres the pix!
http://jurassicparkto.homestead.com/files/dcp_0001.jpg http://jurassicparkto.homestead.com/files/dcp_0002.jpg http://jurassicparkto.homestead.com/files/dcp_0003.jpg http://jurassicparkto.homestead.com/files/dcp_0004.jpg

xboxman_1
01-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Yes, yes, it's true. Me and triplex will try to get a ghost off the map, and defunk the guy who said there are rows upon rows of flamethrowers. And, of course, pics will be provided.

monkeyman
01-08-2002, 04:42 PM
it proofs right there that there isnt any flame throwers

Triplex
01-09-2002, 07:17 AM
ill get pix of a jeep of the map in bloodgulch, as well as whatever else you guys want!

bonk
01-09-2002, 02:21 PM
I have MOVIES of me putting a Warthog on top of Blood Gulch and various useless things. I've also put one off of the map by myself (2 plasma grenades and a rocket). I've tried with the ghost but can't seem to get the tank up top to ramp off; haven't tried it w/ rockets yet. If you want to watch these movies of some crazy things (including putting a ghost on an elevator) go to iBonk.com

-bonk

bonk
01-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Ok, I've gotten a Warthog up there and also myself, but at separate times. Sometime, I'm gonna get a Warthog up there, then go up and drive it around. When I do, I'll film it and put it up on my website. While up there, rockets and grenades disappear into the void and plamas grenades stick but suddenly disappear before exploding. And if you die, there's a big red pool of blood just floating there.

-bonk

WhiteWynter
01-10-2002, 08:28 PM
is there a way to take screenshots without the annoying black thing that goes across the screen?

bonk
01-10-2002, 09:20 PM
I take the video out into my digital camcorder. From there, you can go directly to the computer through Firewire (IEEE 1394). That's what I did to make the movies on my website, iBonk.com. From the video, you can pull out still frames.

-bonk

monkeyman
01-12-2002, 04:26 PM
i was on the moutain on the silent cartografer or however you spell it and i looked for a banshee but its not there its really hard you know the one play in the middle of the island well first squeeze it through the the and go up and i dont know how to explain it:( but its really fun jumping off even though you die