PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat 6 news

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Mortal Kombat 6/Deception to be Featured in April 2004 PSM?

PSM Magazine has announced that their April 2004 issue will feature a look at a game under development that they cannot name until the actual issue ships. From their website: Okay, okay... if you're a loyal subscriber, you've just gotten our March 2004 issues in your mailbox. Have you gotten to the final page yet? If so, I bet you're wondering what we'll have in the April issue that's so secret, we've taken a blood oath not to speak its name before you've gotten your mitts on the issues. Well, you see, blood oaths are pretty big deals, so I can't really spill anything on the big surprise. But I can guarantee you will get the most in-depth exclusive first look at a game we've ever delivered. And not just any game — a REALLY big game. Okay, I can say its a sequel. To a REALLY good game. We've seen it, played it, come away dizzy — but no one else has. But that's all I can divulge. So, in short, there is a very real reason to get psyched for the April '04 issue of PSM, on sale or in your mailbox in late March. I promise. We have learned from a reliable anonymous source that this game is none other than Midway's Mortal Kombat 6/Deception. The issue will be out in late March 2004; we will report further on PSM's coverage as it becomes available!

Mortal Kombat: Deception Domains Registered

Midway Games has now acquired the web addresses mkdeception.com and mortalkombatdeception.com as of February 6th. They are currently directing to the company website. Though an official announcement has yet been made, this should put all suspicions behind that Mortal Kombat: Deception is not the title for the next installment of the series; continuing its trend of using sub-titles in the name. We have reasons to believe that the official announcement will be made very soon, and if that's the case you will hear it here first. Keep your browser on Mortal Kombat Online for the latest as news breaks!

In case you didnt know, the official title for MK6 might be- Mortal Kombat: Deception

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Cool, dude...is this supposed to be on-line enabled? If so, count me in!!

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
yup its already been announced that this will be xbox live enabled!!!

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by gamer247365

That's pretty huge....finally, a on-line 3D Fighter that isn't a button masher. Though, I'll likely pick up DOA Online as well :)

By the way, impressive first post and welcome to XBA :)

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

That's pretty huge....finally, a on-line 3D Fighter that isn't a button masher. Though, I'll likely pick up DOA Online as well :)

By the way, impressive first post and welcome to XBA :)

haha thanx man, i appreciate the welcoming! im usually at the xbox.com forums but i wanted to join some more xbox forums so now im here!

l Maximus l
02-10-2004, 04:55 PM

haha thanx man, i appreciate the welcoming! im usually at the xbox.com forums but i wanted to join some more xbox forums so now im here!

Now, the question that begs the answer:

What the hell took you so long?! :D hehe...welcome to the XBA Brethren...

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 05:01 PM
ive been commin to this site ever since i heard bout xbox 1 coming out, i jus never joined till now, lol. i usually come here for the reader reviews, the charts, and the news, and now for the forums, lol

Shadow20002
02-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Great, another bloody title coming around the corner.....

Jamo
02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome to Xbox Addict and thanks for the info!:D

gamer247365
02-10-2004, 07:21 PM
thanx!!!:D

Variation-XBA
02-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Wow.... online MK would rock

l Maximus l
02-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Variation
Wow.... online MK would rock

Definately...there would be nothing more fun than hearing your opponent through your XBox headset crying as you tear his head off and eat it for breakfast :D

Sexaya
02-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Yum. I loved MK until #4, I just didn't like the 3d switch... But I'll be sure to check it out.

Welcome to the Asylum! Hope you have a wonderful stay, and that you'll come out the same way you came in.

JJaX
02-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I thought the latest mortal kombat was horrible.

They should go back to the forumula that works. Big upper cuts, sweeps and special moves. Of course that worked in the early 90's that is...

Chaotic
02-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

They should go back to the forumula that works. Big upper cuts, sweeps and special moves. Of course that worked in the early 90's that is...

yea i agree.

Slow and Clunky

Max33
02-11-2004, 02:39 PM
The game (in my opinion) didnt suck in and of it self but it definatly wasn't Mortal Kombat, which is defined by its more by it's gameplay mechanics than it's liscenced characters(whose trademark moves were taken away?!?!) Being a big fan of the original series I was dissapointed. :cuss:

XboxTJ
02-11-2004, 05:57 PM

YES!!! If it was only PS2, i was going to be pissed, lol. Can't wait.

PoetSaskia
02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
the graphics on the last one were great, unfortunately all of the moves were really stupid. Hopefully they'll do a better job with the moves this time.

l Maximus l
02-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Seriously... I miss the fact that everyone had the capability of uppercuts and sweeps. Those are both key moves and each character should have those universally. The special moves are what truly defined each character...and, to top it all off, there own fatalities...

Man, I miss MK Trilogy...