PDA

View Full Version : If Gamecube makes lots of money with remakes (MGS, RE), I think Sega should as well

mrmp3
02-10-2004, 08:09 PM
My video game roots date back to Sega Genesis vs. SNES . I was a big sports fan back then so as you all know, only cool kids played them on the Genesis :D . I never owned a SNES but really liked their library of Squaresoft, Rare, and first party titles. N64 had a couple masterpiece single-player games, but mostly served the purpose of multiplayer gaming. However, I played my Genesis and Dreamcast more than my N64, SNES, and GC combined.

So basically I'm an avid supporter of Sega and occasionally dabble in Nintendo games when they are really great quality. Thus, I'd like Sega to be great once again. And with Nintendo's recent trend of re-releasing classic games with some new additions and beefed up graphics (RE , MGS:TS) I believe Sega could make a lot of dough if they followed this trend.

A lot of games that I've played on the next-gen systems (PS2, GC, Xbox) by Sega are just too arcadey (Gunvalkerie and Crazi Taxi 3 to name a couple). I was never a fan of those kind of Sega games. I'm talking about re-releasing classics from Genesis, Saturn, and even possibly Dreamcast (even though the system has only been dead a few years now).

I know the suggestion of like making sequels has come up, but if Sega just added some nice new graphics and maybe some extras, I would be all over it.

For ex. w/ PS2's .Hack series, Sega could compete with them by re-releasing Shining Force III. The first one was the only one to ever hit the US retail, and I've been wanting to play parts II and III for years now. I loved the first two on Sega Genesis. They were prob. the only Strategy games I've ever enjoyed. I know in America strategy games are looked down upon, but these had cut-scenes whenever you attacked with awesome battle music and a great storyline (at least for the 2nd one, can't remember what the 1st was about). So I would like to see either A) Upgrading Shining Force I and re-release B) Upgrading Shining Force II and re-release C) release Shining Force III (all parts) in a pack with or without upgrades (seriously I'm that desperate to play it!) or D) Release all 6 games (I, II , and all three parts of III) in like an ultimate collection.

Another game that is sooooo overdue for a sequel or remake is Streets of Rage. This series gets NO DAMN RESPECT from Sega. This is just an idle moneymaker sitting in the gutter. If any game developers read these forums, pleaz somehow, someway, obtain the license to that series and do something with it!I'd take SoR II or III in a 3D form OR still a side scroller with some real f'n hot cel-shaded graphics. Instead of making a whole new game, just port the classics. The music is good, though the quality would obviously have to be bumped up. But the cast of characters is f'n awesome! Axel, Skate, Blaze, and Shiva are just so damn cool. Shiva was one helluva badass ninja. He was prob. the first bad guy I jumped up and down in happiness whenever I defeated him. He was one tough m f'er (excluding in the first level of SoR III) to beat. And then Axel, a blonde haired cop who's got the boxing stance and the dragon punches. That stuff was awesome!

Then you got the Golden Axe series. However, I heard the series is actually getting a new sequel so I won't discuss it :D .

Another game getting a sequel is Vectorman. Heopfully both these titles turn out well.

And what about Double Dragon? True, the original was on NES (as was Super Double Dragon on SNES), but the Genesis saw 3 (I believe) DD titles. WTF happened to that series? Once the lame-ass movie came out (along with the lame ass fighting game to accompany the movie), the series kinda disappeared from the radar.

Now, I know EA hates Sega and Xbox, but SOLID Road Rash or Skitchen titles are much long overdue. Prob. the first games to have racing mixed with violence.

So what am I rambling on about? My point is Sega and Xbox need to get some sort of deal where these are Xbox only titles, and then finally make some sequels/remakes for these series. Guarantee they'd bring in a s*it load of money. Sega needs to lay off the Sonic series (after Sonic 3 on Genesis, they have dryed out that Hedgehog as much as they possibly can)

Besides me who else would buy sequels or re-makes of these series?

Also, add any titles I forgot. There are just a lot but I only listed the ones that stuck in my head.

mrmp3
02-10-2004, 09:42 PM
nooone agrees? no love for sega? :( I know it's been brought up to make sequels I'm just saying do remakes or sequels of these.

Variation-XBA
02-10-2004, 11:17 PM
I for one would LOVE to see a Road Rash and Skitchin remake... I LOVED those games so much back in the day

Slacker
02-10-2004, 11:36 PM
, I haven't been playing my Xbox I have been playing My Genesis for the last couple of weeks , heheh, been playing Alladin , mickey mouse and the castle of Illusion, Golden AXe ,Hang on, Revenge of shinobi , Asterix , and I have the Master system converter so i have been playing it also , like After Burner , Phantasy Star ,Zillion, Quartet, Alien Syndrome, California Games ..ect.. California games is funny its got Hackey Sack (foot bag) ,, I just got through playing Twin Cobra ,,an New improved Out run would be awesome also

I would love to see a Decent Golden AXe remake but the remeake they are making is a Japanese ONLY game last I heard , Zillion would make an awesome game , After Burner would be cool if it was done right , Quartet would be fantastic , its two player with Jet packs and you have to find your way ouit of mazes ,

I love Sega , I miss Sega ,

EDIT! ....I agree ROAD RASH!! , (only EA game I own)

mrmp3
02-11-2004, 10:05 PM
*boost*

c'mon theirs gotta be more people out there who want to Sega classics reborn!

ScottTheKilla
02-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Ya on here and a few other places Ive brought up Streets of Rage quite a few times for a game that needs to be redone. Goldenaxe too but like you I also heard a sequel was in development. Im not sure now but I thouht I heard something about Virtua Cop too. Xbox could really use some more lightgun games.

revernd
02-12-2004, 07:20 AM
I'd be all for a new DD game or Streets of Rage. Shinobi would be cool too, why was it only PS2? Damn...

AlBoogy
02-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Nintendo isnt releasing RE and MG, thats Capcom and Konami. I agree about everyone played sports games on the genisis but the same franchise that they gave a chance to back then ended up screwing them in the end. Can you guess the company?

PoetSaskia
02-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I have wanted an After Burner remake for years. I have had dreams about it.

themoosearmy
02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
No, no love for sega :cool:

I was always battling with my friend abotu sega vs. Snes but i always loved SNES and still do. I need to get my hands around copies of Secret of Mana, ChronoTrigger and FFII again. True classics.