PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sickness???

noodleboy
01-08-2002, 09:55 AM
So my girlfriend was playing SH2 for about 45minutes and she got this terrible motion sickness. She played around noon and was had a real bad upset stomach for the whole night. One of our friends said that motion sickness is really prevelent in females that play 3D games. Anyone else heard of this or experience it?

Now I gots to get a GC for her because it looks like most of the Mario/kiddie games are easier for her to handle, than the Halo and SH2 stuff :(

XBOX Dude
01-08-2002, 10:47 AM
gc will do just as much as an xbox will it's not the system but the games, it's like getting sea sickness after a while you get use to it. it's hard for new gamers and older people to adjust to it cause people like me who have been playin since they was little kids are use to it. try playing in a well light area and a good distance from the t.v it should lower the chances of it happening again and if it does keep on happening she just can't play 3d games

JJaX
01-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Its when your eyes sees something like movement and there brain is not telling it to do it. Its lack of control over what they are seeing. Thats why people when they get used to it and understand controls without having to think about what they are doing are fine. For example, Play halo you dont get sick right?? Try watching someone else play (If they suck its even worse).
It also has to do with lights and patterns on the screen, They can trigger certain things in your brain causing you to feel sick. Try dramamine(SP?), Its a over the counter pill that helps with motion sickness. (Just dont eat like 20 ;), That messes you up in a bad way, Unless your into that kinda thing. If you do take 20+ try dropping to the floor real quick, Its fun. Yes i was a fool when i was 16.)

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 11:46 AM
You know, this is kind of interesting. I showed my mother a little demo of what the XBox was all about when I first got my XBox...and I asked her which game she wanted to see...at that time, I had Halo, NFL Fever 2002, and Project Gotham Racing. She chose to see PGR.

As I was playing it, she was feeling very dizzy while watching me! Of course, I was in a state of euphoria, which is what happens when I simply hold my XBox controller and a beer :D She was really impressed and actually preferred to sit down to watch instead of standing...lol...I thought it was pretty funny...I just thought I would share that :) Ya gotta love da moms :D

Hugh_Jass
01-08-2002, 11:57 AM
My wife gets motion sickness when she watches me play XBOX. Thus, she doesn't watch me play that often.

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
My wife gets motion sickness when she watches me play XBOX. Thus, she doesn't watch me play that often.

Mine doesn't either...she normally concentrates on fanning the XBox with a large palm tree leaf in the nude to keep it cool :D Besides, she ends up talking to all of her naked friends that are doing the same thing...and yes, I only allow a 3 inch voice...I wouldn't want to miss anything on the TV screen :D

EthanQT
01-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by noodleboy
motion sickness is really prevelent in females that play 3D games. Anyone else heard of this or experience it?

Thats not true! I would get motion sickness once in awhile if I played or concentrated on it too much :o

Hugh_Jass
01-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by EthanQT

Thats not true! I would get motion sickness once in awhile if I played or concentrated on it too much :o

Maybe you're girl trapped in a boy's body. Have you considered surgery? ;)

EthanQT
01-08-2002, 04:10 PM
LOL, I know I asked for it :cool:

aronx
01-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by noodleboy
So my girlfriend was playing SH2 for about 45minutes and she got this terrible motion sickness. She played around noon and was had a real bad upset stomach for the whole night. One of our friends said that motion sickness is really prevelent in females that play 3D games. Anyone else heard of this or experience it?

Now I gots to get a GC for her because it looks like most of the Mario/kiddie games are easier for her to handle, than the Halo and SH2 stuff :(

Thats a bunch of crap. You have to actually move to get motion sickness, it stars in your ears. Maybe your beatch is pregnant.

Chr0nik
01-09-2002, 11:31 AM
Some of my pc games used to give me a real upset stomach, sometimes resulting in the runs.

The worst is when everyone is killed, and you are circling the map trying to find the way to end the level, it used to make me real dizzy.