View Full Version : Xbox 2 discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

Tony_Macaroni
03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
hey now im happy:D

Brutus
03-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lotec16

I agree, and next person to talk about the hard drive isn't cool!

Let's talk about xna, or somthing else!
What's XNA, Lotec Bro?

Tony_Macaroni
03-26-2004, 05:18 PM
good question :watchout:

Blackpanthour
03-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Yes good question,

I agree with bound brsier, Microsoft aren't idiots, or else they wouldn't have so much money. So i guess all we can do is wait for the system to come out. its not like we're doing ne good for the cause.

Or maybe they're watching us from above??? and Who is watching us? The MXB are. (reference to the simpsons)

lotec16
03-26-2004, 11:48 PM
{XNA}

It seems to be a new move microsoft is making, comparitive to the .net movement, how they try to get everything everyone needs into one huge software package, a.k.a. .net studio.

The XNA seems to be everything a developer needs in one package. It will integrate PIX from xbox(no clue what that is) and directx, so adding special shaders into games will be easier. So basicaly what it comes down to is that all of the developers tool are right in front of them, there for them to use. As apposed to now where some developers(bungie) choose to make just about everything themselves because right now it's the best solution. But in the future this should provide all the special features they want, therefore they don't have to rewrite some code another company might have that is very similar. What this means is less inhouse/super specialized programs to make the game and more time spent on the story and what goes on in the game, which all comes out to faster production which means cheaper production costs. This isn't so much a game engine but more of a special place for making games.

Any programers out there, explain the difference between c++ with microsofts greatest in 1993 and microsofts stuff today, I think it is suppose to be somthing like that.

Go to www.microsoft.com/xna/ for some videos.

I find the car crash the best, it makes me really happy just knowing we might get that in xbox 2 :)

BoundBruiser
03-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, that is a great idea I already have those downloaded on my CPU. I can't wait for XB2, just think of all the nice games we'll be getting in the shorter amount of time. If we had that 2 years ago Fable probably would of been out by last X-mas.

Blackpanthour
03-27-2004, 05:03 PM
So now the game prices for XB will go down sum, cuz the labor has gone down. or maybe the companies will be gready and keep it at the same prices. thoose bums

lotec16
03-27-2004, 08:08 PM
The thing with it is that it costs a lot more money to make games like doom 3 and half-life 2 as apposed to somthing like uhhh, i donno crappy games. So they are hopeing that this will lower the cost of making games so more games can be like doom 3 and hl2, and not lose tons of money in the process.

Blackpanthour
03-29-2004, 08:50 AM
dats tru, so it gives a fighting chance to all the new companies

RockTheCasba
04-02-2004, 07:11 PM
does anyone know how much xbox 2 will cost?

lotec16
04-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I can't imagine for more than $300, that seems to be the magic line that consumers like and parents will tollerate, kinda. Anymore and I think a lot of people won't buy it, any less and they won't make enough money.

Blackpanthour
04-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I can't imagine for more than $300, that seems to be the magic line that consumers like and parents will tollerate, kinda. Anymore and I think a lot of people won't buy it, any less and they won't make enough money.

I like the way you said magic line, cuz it really is. I rember PS2 wuz 499 and same wit XB (I think it wuz) and like no1 bought it for 500, so they quickly brought it down to 399, and still no1 bought it, then finallly (when i got it) it wuz put down to 299.

I think they should start of wit 399, then bring it down. it would attract more customers cuz they feel its a deal, thereby MS would make more money of it.

Blended Brain
04-03-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm sure ps3 has microsoft trembling in fear... with all that craptacular variety playstation 2 already brings to the table. Things can only go down hill from here after the release of yet another drawn-out-tedius Final Fantasy/Resident Evil sequel. Over-kill would be an understatement for Sony and it's creative management. My prediction is a mass of Xbox gamers will jump ship to a foriegn console briefly until the hype cools down and the flies gather round, the aftermath will result in the art of pawning. With a wave of insanely cool games around the corner (Halo 2, Half-life 2, Fable, Starcraft Ghost, Chronicles of Ri****, TFOL) ::cough:: anyone who plays video games and owns anything but an xbox needs a good kick in the skull. That is unless you enjoy blowing money on cheap systems that don't even last a year.

Blackpanthour
04-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Im not sure if i get wat said, i think u said PS3 will open out strong and every1 would wanna get in on it, but when it cools down every1's gonna jump bak to the box.

Yes I can't wait for Fable that game is gonna be insanly amazing. Halo I wuz never really into the whole thing. i played the first couple of missions then got bored. but the multiplayer on it is fun so the XBLive will be amasing. SC Ghost has been going around the ears for a long time now, Half-Life Im not all that into. but wat wuz the last two.

I agree ne1 who doesn't have an XB should be kick rite in the skull

Tony_Macaroni
04-03-2004, 11:18 AM
xbox :hail:

genocidalgopher
04-04-2004, 08:54 PM
but i do wanna know one thing, why hasn't anyone talked about whether or not you can play xb1 games on xb2?? i hope you can...i remember playing ff7 on my frends ps2, and the graphics on it were much better than the ps1 (don't ask me why), imagine playing fable or halo 2on xb2, that would look awesome...:hump:>fable on xb2:hump:

yeah...

CRAYMAN
04-05-2004, 09:29 AM
I like the way you said magic line, cuz it really is. I rember PS2 wuz 499 and same wit XB (I think it wuz) and like no1 bought it for 500, so they quickly brought it down to 399, and still no1 bought it, then finallly (when i got it) it wuz put down to 299.

I think they should start of wit 399, then bring it down. it would attract more customers cuz they feel its a deal, thereby MS would make more money of it.

Xbox was $299 at launch. I got one at Wal Mart when it was hard to find in stores. :p

CRAYMAN
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Plus, I don't care if XBOX2 is backwards compatible. I'll just put one in one room to play DVD's + games and one in another. What's the big deal?

Add to that, to make XBOX2 backwards compatible will be more costly and likely drive up the price of the XBOX2.

Ninjermy
04-05-2004, 10:15 AM
it would be nice though if it was compatible. then id be able to sell my XBOX, keep the games and use them on XBOX2

Brutus
04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
All I know is I'm all for getting a next generation console in a year and a half instead of waiting for them to figure out how to Back Compat them, you know.
It'll be a good time for gaming, I tell you.
Maybe they'll re-release HALO 1 & 2 on the same disc for X2! What a concept, but why?
When we're all playing Fable 2, HALO 3, HALF life 3, & Dead or Alive 4.0, who's going to want to play those old games?
You've all seen the threads, Poly counts, inverted X-Y axis, and even the clock speeds. It'll be a mind blower.
I still ain't breaking out my PS2 because it's just too old.
I don't see myself breaking out my Xbox when I have another that's 3x better.

Tony_Macaroni
04-05-2004, 03:58 PM
i read an article they said that they arent making it compatible with xbox 2. :cry:

Blackpanthour
04-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Ya thats the plan, but I want it to happen so i can play my madden 2004, but thats it. I got my box l8er then most. but thats the only game i would wanna play. the only thing is that as soon as I get madden 2006 for the XB2 ill never play my old maddens again so it really doesn't make ne sense to pay more for wat i dun use. So ya I can now sell my games and system and possible pay for most of my XB2. i only hope that i can use the controller on both so then ill get an extra controller for use.

Miragemist
04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
you know the whole idea with backwards compatability is too keep the older games you bought alive by allowing them to still be played in the future you know so that you can remember what it was that you loved about your older games while still playing even newer ones this makes your library bigger and more impressive sell your old system with games you dont want keep the ones you do use the money you earned to buy your new system this allows you to keep some of you money by UPGRADING what would be better then seeing the old games you loved with upgraded graphics or higher res textures this is the concept of backwards compatability the ps2 had an option to smooth the blocky textures and raised performance for the original ps games and it works!!!

lotec16
04-06-2004, 05:53 PM
They probley just added AA to the textures, ok, so you play somthing like quake on a 733mhz with a geforece 4 mx 440, or you play the same game on a 3.4ghz 4gb ram with a nvidia 5950 ultra. Same game, stuff really isn't going to change that much.

How many of you still play ps1 or 64? I know I don't... cept for when my sister plays diddy kong. But otherwise i don't miss it that much, everything new will pretty much make everything else crappy.

Miragemist
04-06-2004, 05:59 PM
i still play plenty of older games hell i play nintendo super nintedo and genisis games all the time when i get the urge for some sonic BAM!!! there i go some old school ninja gaiden SLICE!!! there goes a baddy when im in the mood for mushrooms gulp!!! firespittin good if you dont appreciate games that you used to like thats your problem others love the fact that they get to keep their old games rather then put them in the shed or closet left to die or sell all of their hard earned game time that they put into a game

Brutus
04-06-2004, 06:25 PM
i still play plenty of older games hell i play nintendo super nintedo and genisis games all the time when i get the urge for some sonic BAM!!! there i go some old school ninja gaiden SLICE!!! there goes a baddy when im in the mood for mushrooms gulp!!! firespittin good if you dont appreciate games that you used to like thats your problem others love the fact that they get to keep their old games rather then put them in the shed or closet left to die or sell all of their hard earned game time that they put into a game
Miragemist:
If you are really itching for that old stuff and you have a large mail box, I'll email you every Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy Advance game made.
I got it copied onto a re-write!
But yeah, I tell you what man, Ninja Gaiden is fun, so's Final Fantasy one, but I'M DONE with it!
The only time I ever play those is when I take a break or something, you know!

Blackpanthour
04-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Ya I luv to play thoose classics as well from time to time, which is y i have emu's to play them on. but think of this, how often do u play classics over the new??? for me its like once a month or so, so for XB to add an BW capabilities and make it cost more, wounldn't be cost worthy. cuz once i beat a game I pretty much never touch it again, unless sum1 says theres sumthing kool that i have to find, otherwise it jus sits and collects dust. for other games like arcade stuff that doesn't reall end like the fighting games. I tend to get bored of it after a while and then new games comes out so i rarely ever touch my old ones.

All I'm saying is that for the amount of ppl who have posted in other fourms that when they get the newer version, they rarely ever touch the old things. so for XB to add BW to XB2, it would jus be a waste of money

Blackpanthour
04-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Maybe what they should do for ppl like u who would wanna play their old games, is possible make an ordering system in which u send a order to MS, to make a BW capatible chip or plug in, or CD, etc. sumthing that would allow u to play old games, maybe a special CD Modchip (like the one for DC). SO then that way u get wat u want, and MS doesn't waste money making a whole bunch of BW chips, that no one wants to buy.

lotec16
04-07-2004, 02:49 PM
If xb2 is powerful enough, it would all be programmed, so as long as this one can read dvds, it should have it, but I don't think it needs it, but i think it should.

Blackpanthour
04-07-2004, 02:54 PM
but if it is programmed, and u never play ur old games or u sell it to get xb2. then its a waste of money to put in BW capabilities

TheWheelMan
04-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Back to the price thing ps2 and xbox were like 500$$$ when they came out i remember my buddy got a ps2 the day they came to north america and it cost him 700$$$ but that was also with a memory card,an extra controller and another game i believe but ya they were pretty expensive back in the day.........o and another thing is can someone tell me what microsoft has decided??? to keep the hard drive or go with a newer more efficent form like flash memory which sounds sooo crazy :yikes: someone wanna explain??? thanks :hump:

Duke
04-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Was about to tell you, that they never cost that much till I saw you're a Canadian. I have it on good authority that a pack of gum runs $20CAD.

I'm not absolutely sure MS has decided. CW seems to point to flash memory for now, but no one will really know for a little while still (unless I've missed something and there has been an official announcement.)

TheWheelMan
04-10-2004, 05:33 PM
hahaha no bubblegum isnt 20$ but ya ps2 and xbox's were at one point like 500$$$ it kinda sucked i just got my xbox back in december.........and i hope they decide to go with flash it sounds pretty sweet :hump:

Blackpanthour
04-10-2004, 05:40 PM
on http://microsoft.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/6065/ there was an article that denied the rumor that MS has even thought about goin flash. says that its an old rumor meant to stir up the media

Xorg
04-10-2004, 05:40 PM
There is a thread that states that there might be a harddrive in xbox next after all

TheWheelMan
04-10-2004, 05:44 PM
damnit no xbox 2 needs to be truly revoulotionary it should use flash memory it sounds like it can do some pretty awesome things....things that a hard drive has trouble doing it has to incorporate it :bang:

Blackpanthour
04-10-2004, 05:49 PM
as long as the memory is internal and i don't have to buy like 20 memory cards to hold my info. I'm happy

Yankeez
04-11-2004, 01:16 AM
as long as the memory is internal and i don't have to buy like 20 memory cards to hold my info. I'm happy
u wont have to :hump:

Caesar SYN
04-11-2004, 01:28 AM
Back to the price thing ps2 and xbox were like 500$$$ when they came out i remember my buddy got a ps2 the day they came to north america and it cost him 700$$$ but that was also with a memory card,an extra controller and another game i believe but ya they were pretty expensive back in the day.........o and another thing is can someone tell me what microsoft has decided??? to keep the hard drive or go with a newer more efficent form like flash memory which sounds sooo crazy :yikes: someone wanna explain??? thanks :hump:

Dude what are you talking about? $700? Maybe packaged what you stated $400 but I have had my PS/2 since the day they were avail. and I didnt pay no $700 is that Pesos? or Canadian?

TheWheelMan
04-11-2004, 09:45 AM
My friend paid 700$$ the day it came out but that was also with a 50$ memory crad a 50$ game and a 50$ controller so without all of that it was around 500$ and this is canadian not american

Tony_Macaroni
04-11-2004, 10:03 AM
yeah...****in canadian prices cut u up....i live in Toronto as well...well i live in pickering but toronto is more well known....do u know where pickering is wheelman??

TheWheelMan
04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
ya man im actually out in whitby right now

Mr.Potatohead
04-11-2004, 10:56 AM
yo ace wuts up man its me mike :cheers: hows it going man this site is sick bro like my name hehheheheundefinedundefinedundefined

Xorg
04-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Dude what are you talking about? $700? Maybe packaged what you stated $400 but I have had my PS/2 since the day they were avail. and I didnt pay no $700 is that Pesos? or Canadian?
Well if it was 700 pesos that would be pretty damn cheap, 70 bucks, probably canadian

Duke
04-11-2004, 12:52 PM

Did you only manage to read the top post on the page Ceas?

Blackpanthour
04-12-2004, 10:14 AM
yes it wuz prob canadian.

And I live in pickering too,

*ATTENTTION PICKERING RESDIENTS*
my bro is opening up an gaming cafe up near whites or liverpool in about a couple of months. I'll make a new therad called gaming cafe and keep you guys posted wit updates.

My bro is first opening a gaming cafe in woodside square mall. I think he's callin his bussiness *Game ON* but not completely sure.

Blackpanthour
04-12-2004, 10:21 AM
it'll be in the off-topic lounge

PlayaCDubb
04-13-2004, 10:43 AM
i was wondering if anyone heard anything bout being able to transfer saved games from xbox to xbox via system link or something without the use of memory cards. i've heard very little about xbox2 and am a noob to this site and didnt have the time to read all the posts. so sorry if you'll be repeating this info but i think it'd be sweet to have this feature cuz alot of games cant fit on memory cards.

Brutus
04-13-2004, 02:40 PM
I hear you. But as of right now we're kinda' in the dark about X2. We've been slowly chipping away at what it'll have and darn near confirmed that it'll have that hard drive that we were all really hoping for.
Just know that as soon as anyone finds out, it'll be posted here first.
We find out things faster than the Mole at OXM!

Blackpanthour
04-13-2004, 07:30 PM
ya, I thought about that. cuz when me and my friends play, we dun have ne memory cards and therefore we can't transfer info. so ya that'd be kool if they could do that for XB2

Brutus
04-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey you guys! Here's some real X-2 news for you all! Entitled Straight from the horses mouth!!!!

Article : EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: ALLARD ON THE FUTURE OF XBOX - PART TWO
Will Xbox 2 have a hard drive? Will Xbox and PC gamers clash online? All this and more inside

Amid the whirlwind that was last month's Game Developers Conference where Microsoft chose to unveil its XNA game development platform, we managed to corner Mr Xbox J Allard and general manager of Windows technologies Dean Lester to talk about the newly announced initiative and the future of videogaming. Part one of the interview can be found here, if you missed it. For part two, read on...
INTERVIEW BY JOHNNY MINKLEY

We understand you're not talking about hardware specifics for the next generation, but M-Systems has recently gone on the record to say there won't be an in-built hard drive in Xbox 2, (see here for details) and that it is supplying high capacity flash cards as a substitute.
Allard: We're not talking about next-generation Xbox.
Other people, who are your official partners, are speaking for you on the matter, though.
- Stuart Bishop

To see the whole article go to:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?news/news_story.php?id=103229

lotec16
04-14-2004, 02:18 PM
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/index.html

Those are the benchmarks of Nvidia new stuff. It seems like ATI is going to have a hard time keeping up and nvidia is now the performance king... I sure hope that doesn't last with Microsoft going with ATI. But this does show that the next gen consoles are going to be EXTREMELY fast. I think what will be in the consoles will be about the next generation released in about 6-8 months.

A chip like this or above this pretty much takes away all my fears of the performance hit from the bump up in resolution from HDTV, the next consoles will be a graphical bliss. :)

Mr.Potatohead
04-17-2004, 12:09 PM
xbox 2 should have a hard drive memory cards suck i hate em and dont say its cool if the have stupid new flash memory cards i want hard drive i own a gamecube and a xbox and game cube so anying switch memory cards every time you play a different game so xbox 2 better have a hard drive

Blackpanthour
04-17-2004, 10:38 PM
yes or sum sort of internal memory

wbio
04-18-2004, 11:11 AM
xbox 2 should have a hard drive memory cards suck i hate em and dont say its cool if the have stupid new flash memory cards i want hard drive i own a gamecube and a xbox and game cube so anying switch memory cards every time you play a different game so xbox 2 better have a hard drive
woah, don't forget periods and commas :hump:
Anyways, I'll be alright with that as long as a huge flash card comes packaged with the Xbox, but it has to be big

Blackpanthour
04-18-2004, 11:37 AM
nah still rather have an internal one

BoundBruiser
04-18-2004, 04:29 PM
If the memory cards had massive amounts of space I'd rather have them.

Brutus
04-19-2004, 01:26 PM
If the memory cards had massive amounts of space I'd rather have them.
yOU KNOW THAT GAME WE ALL LOVE? HALO. UTILIZES ABOUT 2GIG'S OF INFORMATION TO HAVE NEARLY SEAMLESS TRANSITIONS BETWEEN AREA'S OF GARGANTUAN LEVELS!

I ALMOST WANT TO GUARENTEE THAT COMPANIES LIKE BUNGIE AND A FEW OTHERS ARE GOING TO BE PUSHING THE ENVELOPE TO INSURE THAT X2 HAS A HARD DRIVE.

Xorg
04-19-2004, 02:58 PM
yOU KNOW THAT GAME WE ALL LOVE? HALO. UTILIZES ABOUT 2GIG'S OF INFORMATION TO HAVE NEARLY SEAMLESS TRANSITIONS BETWEEN AREA'S OF GARGANTUAN LEVELS!

I ALMOST WANT TO GUARENTEE THAT COMPANIES LIKE BUNGIE AND A FEW OTHERS ARE GOING TO BE PUSHING THE ENVELOPE TO INSURE THAT X2 HAS A HARD DRIVE.
Theres no way halo takes up 2 gigs of the xbox's harddrive. The xbox's harddrive has about 500000 block of memory, I dont remember exactly but I figured it out about a year ago with a 8mb memory card. Also a gig is about 62500 blocks in an 8 gig harddrive. Halo only uses 1k to 5k blocks depending in how many profiles you have.

Brutus
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Sorry dude. It's more like a billion blocks.
a Mega byte is what they call the blocks and a kila-byte is 1,000 of those and a Giga byte is 1,000 Kila bytes. So, yeah, that's why I have about 100,000 blocks saved to songs, and game saves and updates of current games.
The 2 Gig's aren't made to save anything to because it's set aside strictly for in-game play.

lotec16
04-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Brutus... what are you talking about? If a megabyte= 1 block, and your using 100,000 blocks, your using up 100 Gigabytes......

And although 2 gig sounds a little high, I don't think he is talking about the profiles, but more of virtual ram and temporary information that is kept on the hard drive to improve performance and load times.

Brutus
04-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Brutus... what are you talking about? If a megabyte= 1 block, and your using 100,000 blocks, your using up 100 Gigabytes......

And although 2 gig sounds a little high, I don't think he is talking about the profiles, but more of virtual ram and temporary information that is kept on the hard drive to improve performance and load times.
No, Lotec. I've got one of those Memory Cards for bringing Profiles to my friends house. It's got 500 blocks.
1,000 mega bytes is 1 giga byte.
I was backwards. A kila byte is 1,000 bytes. A Mega Byte is 1,000 kila bytes.
The Memory Card is 8MB and 500 blocks. making it 62,500 blocks per Giga Byte.
In turn: an 8 Gigabyte Hard-drive carries 500,000 blocks.
Ever notice how it says you have 50,000 blocks left and it never goes down?
Because that's a lot of saving.
The way the xbox works is part for gamesaves and add-on's like LIVE downloads and Booster discs. Part for in game only, and another for Music Saves.
I remember reading that crap from before the Xbox even came out. I think I read it in an Xbox mag recently too.
But look at your local disc on your computer and compute it yourself. I think my math is right.
KB, MB, and GBytes. The Xbox Hard drive is a 1/2 a million blocks right? the 8MB card is how I figured it all out. It's like having 1,000 Memory cards!!!! :-)

lotec16
04-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Yea I know what your talking about now.... before with getting ur kilo and mega mixed up got me all mixed up and i didn't know what u were saying.

But anyway you look at it 99% of the time internal would be better.

Blackpanthour
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
and the point of this disscusion was???????

Brutus
04-20-2004, 11:16 AM
and the point of this disscusion was???????
If two gig's of the Hard drive are made for in game play, then they'd have to have an internal flash card that carries 125,000 blocks. & that's only with the current Video Card.
I imagine that with the introduction of the new chip, it'll be more blocks than that.
That's why I still argue that They're still going to be going with the Hard Drive instead of the Flash memory. You know!
THat's an equivelant of 250 8MB memory cards!!!!
It's going to have a hard drive. I almost guarantee it. Only I'm not Johnny Minkley who denies the flashcard fiasco and the HD issue.
But physically speaking as we are here, it has to have a HD. I don't see how the Flash Memory is going to be cheaper in even doing the same thing, let alone more!

Xorg
04-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Sorry dude. It's more like a billion blocks.
a Mega byte is what they call the blocks and a kila-byte is 1,000 of those and a Giga byte is 1,000 Kila bytes. So, yeah, that's why I have about 100,000 blocks saved to songs, and game saves and updates of current games.
The 2 Gig's aren't made to save anything to because it's set aside strictly for in-game play.
This confuses me, this post sound like your trying to contradict my post, then

No, Lotec. I've got one of those Memory Cards for bringing Profiles to my friends house. It's got 500 blocks.
1,000 mega bytes is 1 giga byte.
I was backwards. A kila byte is 1,000 bytes. A Mega Byte is 1,000 kila bytes.
The Memory Card is 8MB and 500 blocks. making it 62,500 blocks per Giga Byte.
In turn: an 8 Gigabyte Hard-drive carries 500,000 blocks.
Ever notice how it says you have 50,000 blocks left and it never goes down?
Because that's a lot of saving.
The way the xbox works is part for gamesaves and add-on's like LIVE downloads and Booster discs. Part for in game only, and another for Music Saves.
I remember reading that crap from before the Xbox even came out. I think I read it in an Xbox mag recently too.
But look at your local disc on your computer and compute it yourself. I think my math is right.
KB, MB, and GBytes. The Xbox Hard drive is a 1/2 a million blocks right? the 8MB card is how I figured it all out. It's like having 1,000 Memory cards!!!! :-)
sounds like you now agree with what I said. :huh:

lotec16
04-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Ok.... So..... Xbox 2 is almost garenteed to have internal memory, right now I think it is a flash card or a HD, but it will have enough for game and functionality, at least thats what I think.

But anyway, did anyone check out the benchmarks of the 6800 Ultra (link in another post from me on this page) what do you think? I think hell yea, but for the love of god, 16 pages talking about the HD, lets talk about this!

Blackpanthour
04-20-2004, 03:06 PM
jus so long as the XB2 has internal memory with lots of space, and runs fast then i'll be happy. HD or Flash which ever they can use to make it all work

Mr.Potatohead
04-20-2004, 03:11 PM
woah, don't forget periods and commas :hump:
Anyways, I'll be alright with that as long as a huge flash card comes packaged with the Xbox, but it has to be big

no you know what i was in a hurry ok i dont care about peirods man

Brutus
04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
This confuses me, this post sound like your trying to contradict my post, then
sounds like you now agree with what I said. :huh:
Hahaha!
Miss calculation the first time through! Haha!
At least we're in agreeance together now.
I think they were just saying flash to throw off Sony.
The truth is, everything is so darn in wraps that it's tighter than a Mummy's PU$$y.
I'm not personally sure how tight that is, but I'm guessing that it's pretty darn tight.

lotec16
04-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Here is a awsome next-gen game video, even tho it is from a cam, it is still awsome

http://www.jamesbambury.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal3_0002.wmv

I'm still dreaming of a halo 3 looking like that... and HEY I CAN DREAM!!! :)

Brutus
04-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Here is a awsome next-gen game video, even tho it is from a cam, it is still awsome

http://www.jamesbambury.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal3_0002.wmv

I'm still dreaming of a halo 3 looking like that... and HEY I CAN DREAM!!! :)
Can't get it, Lotec16. I sure don't know exactly how good it's gonna' look. But once they master the inverted Axis and stuff, it's going to be great! Imagine how yummy it's all going to look!
I just think, a mix between Ninja Gaiden, HALO, Splinter Cell, & Brute Force (Which are in my opinion the prettiest games on Xbox currently) Multiplied by about 100.
100x is hard to grasp right now, & it won't be that, but the Video Card doubled, then on top of that, the true test will be the processor speeds. I'm really anxious to see what the inverted axis will look like in real time.
Can't wait as well, Lotec. What is the projected relese again? '05?

lotec16
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Mid 05' is projected as of new but I think I'll call sping of 06'

Brutus:
Inverted axis? Whaaaaaaaaaa?

These links don't work for me :p but the other one did.
http://www.testeagles.net/ady/nv40/unreal3_0002.wmv
http://www.destroyergames.com/videos/unreal3_0002.wmv
http://www.shinyidol.com/crap/unreal3_0002.wmv

http://www.themowers.com/thepath/lanreviews/geforce/images/Picture%20043.jpg

http://www.themowers.com/thepath/lanreviews/geforce/images/Picture%20042.jpg

http://www.themowers.com/thepath/lanreviews/geforce/images/Picture%20041.jpg

http://www.themowers.com/thepath/lanreviews/geforce/images/Picture%20068.jpg3

http://golem.s4biturbo.com/pics/unreal3b.jpg

http://cc.usu.edu/~roblb/unreal3.jpg

Argh! I WANT THE GRAPHICS!!! I'm sad to say that if ps3 had these kinds of graphics and MS doesn't, I would buy a ps3......... and a xbox2

Kizate
04-26-2004, 04:15 PM
HALO 2 IS OUT ON SEPT 1, 2004... :mad: :cuss: :cheers: :rofl: :bang:

lotec16
04-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Eh... a link?

Carnage
04-26-2004, 05:00 PM
I thought we were looking at a fourth quarter release for Halo2? :huh:

The Executioner
04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
HALO 2 IS OUT ON SEPT 1, 2004... :mad: :cuss: :cheers: :rofl: :bang:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121
Notice how I showed a link. A link that you should supply after following my link to the "Halo 2" disscusion.

xbox is so COOL
04-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I can't wait~!!!!!!

Brutus
04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
You know what we were talking about earlier!
The inverted X Y Axis, sorry, when I say Inverted Axis we probably all think about First Person Shooters.
But I sure don't see any Jaggies there. That's a perfect example!
Nice pics Lotec!!!!!!
Thanks for the Eye Candy!
I'm Sure that whatever Microsoft puts out is totally going to kick butt. I"m not sweating that it's going to kick butt, but I am glad that we're going to have more competition in the next-next gen's as well.
The difference I think I'm guessing is going to be the ease in programming for X2 and the PS3 everyone is going to hate it.
That's how we got Team Ninja you know. Just like he's said before. He's happier than ever programming for the Xbox because he get's to work on the game and not worry about how to "Make it work"
All developer's I think will start doing it. Especially with how intensely complicated all of these games are going to start becoming.
I think that MS is playing their cards right and tight.

LiquidX
04-26-2004, 06:15 PM
This person just makes themself look dumber by the post...

Viper87227
04-26-2004, 06:42 PM
quite frankly, it doesn't look all that good to me, if those pictues are supposed to be in-game, I will be dissapointed. The lighting isn't that good and neither are the textures

lotec16
04-26-2004, 07:34 PM
This person just makes themself look dumber by the post...

The stupid kizate guy?

Re:Viper

All of the pictures are pictures of a picture, so I am guessing that quality will be better with an original/official release, plus this thing still has a few years. Did you watch the video? See the stuff about the bricks.... impressed me!

I wanna play a game like this in high-res... I am tired of playing all the games at 800x600. Just my random thought.

lotec16
04-27-2004, 02:53 PM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/27/xbox_2_architecture/

Suspected xbox 2 specs, kinda nifty.

U guys need to be more like these guys (http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11883) they are fun and don't talk about Hard drives .... *walks off and mumbles *

Kizate
04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
kizate guy??????? who said i wus a guy ..dumbazz

lotec16
04-27-2004, 04:24 PM
guy doesn't always imply a specific gender, it can be used just as a person in general too.

and do you have a link for your September 1st claim?

Blackpanthour
04-27-2004, 09:02 PM
The stupid kizate guy?

Re:Viper

All of the pictures are pictures of a picture, so I am guessing that quality will be better with an original/official release, plus this thing still has a few years. Did you watch the video? See the stuff about the bricks.... impressed me!

I wanna play a game like this in high-res... I am tired of playing all the games at 800x600. Just my random thought.

I think shes talking about this post

lotec16
04-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I think shes talking about this post

whaaa? post???
post or thread or person.... ahh i still don't know :bang:

Blackpanthour
04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
the quoted post above it

lotec16
04-28-2004, 07:15 PM
i got ya.............

Brutus
04-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Man. ANyone got any more Microsoft Mole stuff.
I want to here more speculation. THis thread is getting old.
What we oughta' do is storm one of the top MS exec's and demand information.
Hmmm...
Or, anyone been a mole and found out some goodies?

CrackinBacks
04-30-2004, 04:58 PM
I think Microsoft would be making a mistake to release it that early. The X1's hasn't come close to be used to it's fullest. I think they should release it AT THE EARLIEST Christmas 2005.

Blackpanthour
04-30-2004, 05:12 PM
i think so too, i can still get another and a half year out of my box

RockTheCasba
05-01-2004, 08:48 PM
im pretty sure they will release it in 05 november at least i hope

lotec16
05-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Today is the release of ATI's new card, the X800, or the new R420, which is mostly based on the R3xx core.

Review:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html

Not only is this card blazingly fast, just like the new nvidia 6800 ultra, but it is geard towards HD.HERE FOR HD INFO (http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-08.html)

The point of this is to get FSAA and AF at high resolutions, which doesn't happen too oftern because of the performance hit they cause. The good thing about this is that we will most likley see somthing like this in the xbox 2 which means that it will be capable of all the bells in whistles at HD resolution. The only bad thing about this card is that it doensn't have pixel shader 3.0, which nvidia does have, which will be used in next gen games to create shaders. What makes me happy is the thought that this won't be in xbox 2, but the R500 or R600 may be in xbox 2, and with these kind of performance increases, xbox 2 is going to be one hell of a mofo.

AND THE NEW PROCESSOR

The suspected PowerPC5 in xbox 2

http://geek.com/news/geeknews/2004May/bch20040503024985.htm

It is one big @$$ chip. I'm salivating over the thought of 1-3 of these and a R600 gfx card.

Blackpanthour
05-04-2004, 07:27 PM
one word: nice. This is good news for the XB2 that we will be gettin sum good graphics and speed to bak it up

thegamepeddler
05-06-2004, 01:53 PM
On the topic of timing the release, the last time a major console was released mid-year in North America it was called the Sega Saturn.

lotec16
05-15-2004, 12:43 AM
More Unreal 3 stuff

Pictures

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55552

Overview

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

MOVIE

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=140731

This stuff is still shakey cam but much better than then stuff before :)

These next gen games are going to be HUGE... I really wouldn't doubt 15gig on a pc. The models have to many more polys and the normal maps and textures and everything else are so detailed and high resolution. Plus everyone wants bigger games and the such.... ITS CRAZY!

Xero Cell
05-16-2004, 11:38 PM
i dont think that microsoft would take a good feture away from the xobx, specialy sence the xobx 2 is to be better then the original xbox.

lotec16
05-19-2004, 04:14 PM
xero cell! Nice Avitar and sig!

I was reading about how they aren't releasing xbox 2 info because they don't wanna take away from the hype of 2004 games (halo 2 :)). Ill post a link.

Blackpanthour
05-19-2004, 04:47 PM
thats a good idea then they can get more sales

Brutus
05-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Xbox Next has "Under Wraps" Specs. It's going to kick butt though.
I pulled this from some Computer Games E3 site:
Tuesday 18th May 2004

E3 2004: EXCLUSIVE: ALLARD REVEALS XBOX 2 DEVELOPMENT SECRETS

While Microsoft continues to evade specific hardware questions, an effusive J Allard was happy to offer insight into next-generation development occurring behind the scenes right now

18:28 Even a hard night's drinking doesn't stop the indestructible J Allard in his tracks. On the morning after Microsoft's exclusive E3 drinks reception in Hollywood, where the likes of Allard, Peter Moore, Shane Kim and the European Xbox massive mixed with a handful of sweaty hacks, despite what we'll politely refer to as a "late one," the Xbox creator was in electric form when we spoke with him.
Buoyed by a hugely successful press conference and show itself, Allard allowed himself to relax as he discussed the current state of play for the Xbox business and beyond, offering unexpected insight into next-gen software development and how it will change the way we experience videogames.

When asked if, aside from the XNA demonstrations we've already been treated to, he had been privy to next-gen demonstrations which had already exceeded his own expectations for Xbox 2, Allard, looking awe-struck for a second, said: "There's some stuff that's just knocked my socks off.

"The thing we're looking at in the next generation is just an unbelievable amount of raw computing power - the architecture will be much more specialised," he added.

"Right now you have your audio chip and you graphics chip and your CPU, and you're constantly trying to figure out the balances. In the next generation we're gonna have so much silicon, so much raw computing horsepower - developers are going to be able to use this in interesting and exciting ways."

But he didn't stop there, and went on to describe some of the exciting things being created behind the scenes right at this moment: "I've seen demos of terrain and worlds, with no textures in them whatsoever and no geometry - it's just a program that's creating a scene for you," Allard said. Going on to describe the time- and money-saving techniques facilitated by next-generation tools and hardware, however, he explained his notion of 'procedural synthesis':

"Art is the highest cost component of game development, and so much of the art is really repetitive and really intensive, and then doesn't come out to be very realistic. You know, bricks in a wall - very repeated textures.

"Let's go write the brick program and run the brick program to make a room full of bricks, lose the art expense and gain a more realistic looking room, because now we can focus on having the bricks there in a really realistic way. I get really excited about that kind of stuff."

And while a mundane example, it's easy to understand Allard's enthusiasm, since Microsoft, with its XNA software development platform, already looks to have established itself as the developer-friendly option in the next generation, as Sony continues to flap over its Cell-based plans.

"There's a lot of new techniques," Allard continued. "Like what shaders have done for 3D, there are a lot of new next-generation techniques for procedural synthesis that's really going to change how game construction is done, but also what the environment looks like so it feels a lot less 'cookie cutter' [i.e. repetitive]." Rather the like the 'Library' level in Halo, we'd imagine, where it was very easy to become disorientated by the repeated environmental features.

What all this means is that Xbox next-gen should in theory make it relatively easy and relatively cheap for developers to create varied and compelling in-game worlds and environments; which in theory should make it an attractive proposition for developers; which in theory should mean more varied and compelling games for Xbox.

Theory is a wonderful thing of course, but on the evidence of what we've seen from XNA so far (bear in mind Microsoft is claiming the updated 'Crash' demo from E3 was the result of just six weeks' work), we're not prepared to bet against Microsoft putting this into successful practice just yet...

Expect more revelations from our E3 chat with J Allard later in the week.

END

Mix this with the new XSN, and Microsoft will continue to have the better games from generation to generation. I'm loving it.

Brutus
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Breathing Room. Specs on Lock down. More than likely a Hard Drive with the XSN Production.

E3 2004: EXCLUSIVE: XBOX 2 HARDWARE 'LOCKED DOWN', 'NO PLANS' FOR 2004 ANNOUNCEMENT

J Allard confirms next-gen details are finalised, but warns against expecting Microsoft to go public this year

16:12 E3 2004 has been and gone and, as expected, Microsoft refused to reveal concrete details on next-generation hardware, instead using its pre-show press conference to home in on current-gen software, bolstered by an updated showing of its XNA software platform which will drive next-generation development.
During the show, however, we were able to grill Xbox supremo and chief XNA architect J Allard further on his next-generation plans, with the Xbox creator giving a clearer picture of where the company is at in terms of readiness and revelations.

With much discussion at GDC over whether or not Xbox 2 would ship with a built in hard drive and other specific details, we asked Allard if, at this stage, absolutely final decisions on Xbox 2 hardware had been taken.

"Pretty much, yes," Allard confirmed. "The next-generation is the hardware manifestation of the XNA platform; think of XNA as the successor if you will of DirectX.

"That's how we're thinking about it; and if you think about it being a software platform driving hardware, it allows you to think about hardware differently so I think there will be a couple of surprises. We've made decisions and the team is locked." When asked if the name of the system had also been chosen, Allard laughed and repeated: "The team is locked".

But despite this apparent self-assurance, Microsoft will not be pressured into making any early announcements on its plans. "I could talk for the next week about our next generation plans if I wanted to," Allard told us. "The reason we chose not to is that it's really important for retail and for the business to have a successful 2004."

Then in a surprise statement, which appears to place Xbox 2 further off the radar than expected, Allard added: "We'll be talking about [Xbox 2] next year for sure, but I think it's going to be a very quiet 2004 in terms of next-generation plans from us."

But this is of course in a constant state of flux and open to influence from outside pressures, particularly dependent on the movements of Microsoft's main rival, Sony. With mounting speculation suggesting Sony's next-gen hardware is further off than the company would like to admit, however - Sony did reveal that first development kits of its Cell-powered hardware wouldn't be ready until the end of '04 at the earliest - this gives Microsoft, notwithstanding its determination that "we won't be beaten to market", plenty of breathing space for now.

For the full transcript of our exclusive E3 interview with J Allard, where he gives his opinion on PSP, and talks in detail on the software demos developers are already creating for the next-generation of Xbox hardware, check back later in the week.

lotec16
05-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Good job brutus!

Blackpanthour
05-20-2004, 03:54 PM
nice work brutus, that wuz very infomative. and i can't wait for XB2 to be in my hands

Blackpanthour
05-20-2004, 03:56 PM
hey brutus ur online, sup

Brutus
05-20-2004, 05:40 PM
hey brutus ur online, sup
Yeah. I'm online. But I'm working at the same time. I need to get Live.

Blackpanthour
05-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Ya im gonna get it soon hopefully. my friends are plain and keep tellin me to get it so we can start a clan.

Brutus
06-03-2004, 06:03 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=105347

XBOX 2 TO JOIN PC IN WEDDED BLISS?

Shock report points to Microsoft's Xbox Next PC, a 'speculative' system that combines the delights of PC and console gaming

17:34 Microsoft is currently researching the potential/consumer appeal of hardware that would combine Xbox and PC gaming capabilities, CNN Money is reporting.
The kit is reportedly being referred to as Xbox Next PC, with Californian market research company B/R/S Group gathering consumer feedback on the machine. The hardware is described as a console featuring a hard-drive and a "built-in fully functional PC."

According to the report, a PC monitor or HDTV would be the required VDU for the Xbox Next PC - backing up Xbox chief J Allard's comment to CVG that next-gen will be "all about high definition". It would be backwards compatible with current Xbox titles, play next-generation Xbox titles, play PC games, run a full version of Windows and come with a CD burner and DVD player.

Additionally, built-in Xbox Live access would feature, along with a remote control for the DVD player, a mouse and keyboard and a Xbox controller. For the purposes of the research, price point of the device was $599 (roughly £325).

Considering Microsoft's recent XNA showcase, part of which involved talk of plans to share technology between Xbox and PC, the Xbox Next PC isn't such a bolt of the blue as you might at first think.

But Xbox Next PC is far from set in stone, according to the Redmond giant itself. Instead it's one of many possible concepts that could see the light of day as Microsoft puts out feelers to gauge direction for the next generation scene.

"We would be remiss if we didn't look at consumer scenarios that take advantage of our strengths," corporate vice president of worldwide marketing and publishing for Microsoft's home and entertainment division Peter Moore told CNN Money.

"[But] this is one amongst many, many other consumer scenarios that we're looking at," Moore said.

He added: "If you put two and two together, there's no doubt there's a great opportunity to put the two platforms together. Obviously with a company like Microsoft this is something we have to look into and ask about. Is it actionable today? Probably not, but it's something we need to look at."

Interesting, but don't count your chickens just yet.

Hmmm... Backwards compatible, Hard Drive included, fully functional PC, LIVE ready, Plays PC games too!
This XSN thing is really going to explode!

Blackpanthour
06-03-2004, 08:38 PM
ya i heard about that, i fine it pretty stupid. why would you want a second PC in your console when you already have one in the house. its just wasting your money. you have a PC to play PC games and an XBOX to play XBOX games. now if your gonna get a new or getting your first then maybe you should look into this. but if you have a comp at home that works fine then your wasting $700 for an extra PC and system. I would like to jus have my Xbox for $300, cuz i got a PC to do all that i need.

with that being said, I think it would be a "kool" idea (i wouldn't buy it) but they would also have to inclue a keyboard as well plus a mouse. I know where Microsoft is going with connecting the XB and the PC but why not make it so that you can play against ppl on the PC if your on your XB? i just think its a dumb idea but it's different.

besides i doubt microsoft would do something stupid like that so i don't think this is real. you know what they should do bring back the VMU's from the DC cuz it wuz kool how you could connect two VMU's and play games on it or transfer files and stuff. plus if playin a football game you can secretly pick plays. it was very innovative and they should bring it back.

Blackpanthour
06-03-2004, 08:39 PM
after reading what i said i don't think i said it too good. ne questions jus ask me i dun wanna re-type it

Brutus
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
I like what this statement said. M$ focussing only on PC & Xbox gaming. Together they will dominate the market not with hype or inferior products like all other gaming company's past, they'll do it by pushing the envelope further than anyone can grasp.
With XSN we're in for quite the rush when it comes to future gaming!
I'm glad to hear that Microsoft is working on a console that'll be Backwards compatible and plays PC games! I think that's sweet!
If it turns out the same that sony is talking about, this will be Microsoft's highend model. They'll also have the low end for only gaming the next generation games.
PC & Xbox Gamers, all on XSN, all LIVE Compatible. As far as PC gaming is concerned, it was made for LIVE. This is the best joint session in gaming EVER!

Blackpanthour
06-04-2004, 02:40 PM
ya but think about it: PC game on Xbox console..................how the hell is it gonna get all the controls on a controller?? if you look at the control list in PC games it is huge an extremly long list. if it goes on the xbox then they would have to take out certain combinations and moves that you can do.

yes together they would rule but it doesn't have to be on one console, the PC could adapt the LIVE world for its games or sumthing. i still don't like idea of having to pay $700 for a 2nd PC and console and if thats the case i won't buy XB next PC. and they should take it over by hyp Halo2 has the biggest hyp of all XB games comin Q4. thats how the market should be in mix wit technological advancements but you can't also be innovative every singal time so it is about the hype.

XB next should be Backwards compatable no matter wat, or else its jus stupid all those games gone to waste. like Halo2 there isn't suppose to be a Halo3 so if it ain't BW then we can't play it unless we still have the XBOX (which i plan to trade in for discount of XB Next)

and i hope you know that its jus a rumor so you shouldn't be gettin to excitted jus to get put down. all it is is a rumor, and until MS says differently it will always be a rumor. but i doubt MS would do a XB Next PC, I know they want to intergrate the PC and XB in some way but not on one console. They know a lot of ppl won't pay $700 for a 2nd PC and a XB when we have a good PC at home already, so i doubt this is tru, the writter prob took what MS wants to do (Intergrate PC and XB some how) and made it into his own idea and creat the XB Next PC.

Blackpanthour
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
sorry I think its jus a stupid idea and i doubt MS would do that

Brutus
06-04-2004, 04:23 PM
sorry I think its jus a stupid idea and i doubt MS would do that
SOny's thinking about the same thing though, Black Panthour.
Sony is thinking about releasing an inexpensive version of PS3 that will be strictly PS3 and another version that will be backwards compatible all the way back to one and have a DVD burnable hard drive. It's not dumb for both of these companies to fantasize about either of these concepts because it's still a ways off.
A backwards compatible Xbox sounds really cool to me. If it's cheaper to just keep my old one and buy the inexpensive Xbox next, that's what I'll do.

Blackpanthour
06-04-2004, 05:29 PM
i never said anything bad about the BW, I said the XB Next PC is stupid and i doubt MS would do it. I think MS should make XB2 BW or else its a waste of all the games i have now. and if PS3 does do dat one for PS3 games and one that can be BW it would be a waste of money. cuz of all the money spent to make 2 differents types of consoles if one is bought more then they lose money on the other. its jus stupid i think they should all have BW.

most likely SONY is going to make it BW cuz they are big cuz of their big libary and they aren't jus gonna get rid of all those games, its whats helpin them stay in it wit MS. so i doubt SONY would make two different consoles. i only hope MS follows to make theirs BW

Brutus
06-04-2004, 05:45 PM
With XSN, I don't think it's going to matter which programming chip we're on. If they're talking about a Xbox Next PC that'll do it all, than it'll run both ATI & Nvidia all on the same console.
Why would they be talking about the compatible if they didn't already have it all on paper?
They're already talking about in the OXM about how the Xbox controller will be universal as well. Things are looking awesome!

Blackpanthour
06-05-2004, 11:50 AM
wat do u mean the controller is gonna be universal??

Brutus
06-05-2004, 11:57 AM
PC Controller's and the Xbox Controllers, they're saying, are going to be compatible.

Blackpanthour
06-05-2004, 12:11 PM
ook. thats kool, but i still dun like the idea of a 2nd comp. maybe if you can play PC games on the box and box games on the PC then maybe that'd be kool. but i don't want a 2nd comp and have to pay $700

Brutus
06-07-2004, 10:30 AM
ook. thats kool, but i still dun like the idea of a 2nd comp. maybe if you can play PC games on the box and box games on the PC then maybe that'd be kool. but i don't want a 2nd comp and have to pay $700
Yeah. I here you man. I thought you might be stoked to here such good news. Not mad about it all.
I just saw that they were going to make a high end console that does basically everything we would ever want it for. Depending on it's funtionality, it'd become my Tivo, my DVD player, my game console (For EVERY GAME I can throw at it) My web browser, my DVD Burner, & my stereo, all in one little box.
Call me a b@stard if you want. I like the idea of that.

Blackpanthour
06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
its not that im mad at it, or don't even like the idea. but the thing is I have a comp that can do it all, then i got my xbox to play games, so to me it'd be a waste to buy that since i alredy have a comp. if i didn';t have a comp tthen that would be sumthin to look for.

for one thing, you know how xbox doesn't play burned games. then for them to create a product that does burn but doesn't play them is kinda odd, so thats one consideration that they would have to face. sure there are ways to stop ppl from abusing it, but comon. plus the comp prob won't even be that strong, for $700 to get a console and comp its gotta be lackin. the cheapest good comp that ive seen is like $900 from DELL maybe even $800, but then on top of that a console which usually cost $300 (on shipment date) comon if its gonna be $700 it can't have all the things that a regualar comp has.

I agree with you it is an good innovative idea, but thats as far as i would go an "idea", in reality it doesn't sound like a good idea. now if they were to connect the two via Ethernet cables then that could be sumthing. so you can dl saves for the games u have and play the xbox on the comp. then u would only need to buy the $300 XB and connect it to the comp then we got the XBOX next PC. that is sumthin i would prob invest in.

Brutus
06-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Hmm... You saying that just made me think about how it might be possible.
Minus the PC Monitor, A: disk Drive and You've got a lower costing piece of machinery.
Think of it like an Xbox with a faster video card, Processor and a DVD-rw. Slap an extra $500 to the cost of what the Xbox originally was released at and I could see them doing it.
The reason why I bought my Xbox instead of a gaming PC was the money difference.
Xbox gave me the best of both worlds. The Hard Drive, the stellar Graphics, the surround sound, and It didn't cost me an arm and a leg.
I still don't have a PC that has Technical muscle because it just cost's too much. I'd SO buy an Xbox Next PC.

BoundBruiser
06-09-2004, 09:24 PM
ya but think about it: PC game on Xbox console..................how the hell is it gonna get all the controls on a controller?? if you look at the control list in PC games it is huge an extremly long list. if it goes on the xbox then they would have to take out certain combinations and moves that you can do.

I read somewhere that you could use a keyboard and mouse on the Xboxnext. I think it is an awesome idea. As long as they can keep the prices down it would be great!

Blackpanthour
06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Ya i already know we said that already

Brutus
06-10-2004, 10:37 AM
I read somewhere that you could use a keyboard and mouse on the Xboxnext. I think it is an awesome idea. As long as they can keep the prices down it would be great!
While I can entertain the thoughts of using a Keyboard and mouse for games, how am I supposed to use them on my couch!?

Blackpanthour
06-10-2004, 08:47 PM
easy put the keyboard on a table or in ur lap

Brutus
06-11-2004, 09:17 AM
easy put the keyboard on a table or in ur lap
& the mouse can be in the palm of our hand or would we rest that on another body part!? hahah!

Blackpanthour
06-11-2004, 10:33 PM
good point

BoundBruiser
06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
The have something planned, maybe they'd put a toggle botton/switch on your controller and you could use that as the mouse or something.

Blackpanthour
06-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I still say they should make it compatible to your exsiting comp. that way its the same price and you still get the PC + Console mix. dunno how they would make it work together, but watever

lotec16
06-13-2004, 08:18 PM
When xbox came out, weren't they unhappy about being called a PC and not a console. I like controllers, if I really really wanted a keyboard I would play on pc. Thats just how I feel about it.

Anyone see that stuff that guy from microsoft is talking about? How he things consoles will become like DVD players, where there is one standard and then different companies build different things that all play it. That is a terrible idea, the point of a console is to keep everything the same and simple. If I wanted to choose from tons and tons of stuff I would be a PC gamer.

Brutus
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
The have something planned, maybe they'd put a toggle botton/switch on your controller and you could use that as the mouse or something.
You know, I'm glad you brought that up. When playing FPS's especially with a controller, you can't move your camera nearly as fast as you can with a mouse & keyboard.
Maybe they could incorporate a nice little addition. They've already got the clickers in the sticks. Why not have a button or toggle switch to have it go from normal to just ULTRA sensitive at will!?
Just a thought that popped in my head when you'd brought that up...

Brutus
06-14-2004, 10:21 AM
When xbox came out, weren't they unhappy about being called a PC and not a console. I like controllers, if I really really wanted a keyboard I would play on pc. Thats just how I feel about it.

Anyone see that stuff that guy from microsoft is talking about? How he things consoles will become like DVD players, where there is one standard and then different companies build different things that all play it. That is a terrible idea, the point of a console is to keep everything the same and simple. If I wanted to choose from tons and tons of stuff I would be a PC gamer.
I guess with their introduction to XSN I can see where they're going with it, or at least with what they're thinking.
If we had the best Middle Ware (Between Hardware & SoftWare) on earth at the fingertips for every hardware piece in the world, games would be bad mutha' F*ckers!
The problem is when we end up with Game Consoles like the PS2. That's when you can't just ease it in there like a lubed shaft.
I like what their aiming at here. A nice compatibility between consoles. Kind of like the PC compatibility only with consoles. It's something to chew on. But obviously when you have the best PC, you get all the perks. Same with the Latest Xbox Console!! haha!
But, looking at it that way makes me realize how Microsoft is going to pursue their own "Backwards Compatibility", & it makes me excited.
<& no, not that kind of Excited>
Sicko's!

Viper87227
06-14-2004, 10:36 AM
You know, I'm glad you brought that up. When playing FPS's especially with a controller, you can't move your camera nearly as fast as you can with a mouse & keyboard.
Maybe they could incorporate a nice little addition. They've already got the clickers in the sticks. Why not have a button or toggle switch to have it go from normal to just ULTRA sensitive at will!?
Just a thought that popped in my head when you'd brought that up...

Some games have this now. I know in Counter-Strike when you press down on the tunmbstick, it functions as a quick turn....I use it all the time, and I think it would be awesome to see it in more games.

CRAYMAN
06-14-2004, 11:01 AM

Most games allow you to adjust the speed/sensitivity of the targeting in the options.

Viper87227
06-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Most games allow you to adjust the speed/sensitivity of the targeting in the options.

Yes, but what he means is a button you can click while playin the game to adjust the sensirivity. That way he can play it at normal sensitivity, but then be able to click a button and have it make the sensitivity higher so you can turn faster if need back, say if your getting shot in the back. Like I said, counter-stick does this with a click of the right thumbstick, and its saved my life many a time.

Brutus
06-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Maybe an outer rim of the Stick is ultra sensitive, but the rest is like normal. You know how we need it to be precise to and that's a small stick...

Brutus
06-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Man, when I get live, I'm going to school you, Crayman. You B@stard. Hahah!

Viper87227
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
i dont think the outer rim thing would work, if your aming and your finger slips, before you know it the other guy is shooting you in the back. Thats why I like the clicking thubstick thing. Its slow and p[recise for aiming, hold down the thubstick and its fast for manuvering. Or, for really fine tuning, use a trigger. The farther downt he trigger is pressed, the more sentative it is. Usually triggers are used for primary and secondary attack in shooters, but it could still possably be worked it

Brutus
06-14-2004, 11:28 AM
i dont think the outer rim thing would work, if your aming and your finger slips, before you know it the other guy is shooting you in the back. Thats why I like the clicking thubstick thing. Its slow and p[recise for aiming, hold down the thubstick and its fast for manuvering. Or, for really fine tuning, use a trigger. The farther downt he trigger is pressed, the more sentative it is. Usually triggers are used for primary and secondary attack in shooters, but it could still possably be worked it
Yeah. That sounds great. It's set on normal the whole time, then they'd go ahead and pull the trigger to make it all quick! That'd be killer. Once we incorporated that into our playing style with the controller, it'd be something else, man.
Makes me think. Maybe we should Email Bungie...

CRAYMAN
06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Man, when I get live, I'm going to school you, Crayman. You B@stard. Hahah!

You'd better stick to Brute Force. :hump:

Brutus
06-14-2004, 01:31 PM
You'd better stick to Brute Force. :hump:
Man. I can't wait to get off of all these Lan Party's & into the LIVE Market. It's going to be great.
It's pretty dumb. I buy new games all the time, if I'd just save my money and get the required things, then keep from buying new games, I could just get my Digital Internet...
I won't be able to contain myself when HALO 2 comes out. That's when I plan to join all you guys.
BTW, I'll be looking for you, come November!
Look out for BRUTUS!

Blackpanthour
06-14-2004, 03:49 PM
wow alot has been goin on w/o me.

Ya i like the idea of the touch sensitive viewing that way when ur in the middle of a match you don't have to pause go to the menu screen and have to adjust, all the while ur gettin shot by the others. Counter-strike has the right idea going for them and i hope other games will take it and incorporate it into their games

mattgame
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Did anyone see this? I have mixed feelings about it. If someone put this out already I'm sorry it just kinda disturbed me a little. (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/523/523582p1.html)

Brutus
06-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Did anyone see this? I have mixed feelings about it. If someone put this out already I'm sorry it just kinda disturbed me a little. (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/523/523582p1.html)
Yeah. I've read it time and time again. But I'm just wondering why it disturbs you a little? !!!
I mean, did you read any of the articles that state the following: What XNA is doing? How about the third installment of HALO? XNA featuring Backwards compatibility? The Xbox controller for your PC? The best Middleware in the world will be the new favorites for developers simply because it's a no brainer. Best Middleware in the world exclusively for Window's based operatives and Xbox Game consoles. Check it out, don't have a link but could easily find one. It seams that a lot of these sites are still being funded by Sony. YOu know, where you post their links.

mattgame
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
I guess it's because I want the harddrive and I want the next installment of the xbox to smoke PS3. I guess it's the anticipation of what could be the greatest system of all times. However, I read all of the posts and you seem to have great info on it so I feel a little better.

Brutus
06-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I guess it's because I want the harddrive and I want the next installment of the xbox to smoke PS3. I guess it's the anticipation of what could be the greatest system of all times. However, I read all of the posts and you seem to have great info on it so I feel a little better.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51714&goto=newpost

Here's our Friend Jay Allard explaining why this one's going to kick the **** out of Sony and Nintendo's next installment.
Why Sony's most important Inclusion for JAPAN's market is the DVD Player. Why developers are scared of this new "Cell Technology"
Why Nintendo has some cool stuff, & how it may not work at all.
How XBox Live is going to backwards compatible everyone to eachother. Somewhere in there, if you link it, how windows are going to be invaded by Live, same form as Xbox Live and how it's going to be the XNA Backwards compatibility between PC and Xbox. There's a whole slew of things in there, my man. I can't wait for it.
I look at it this way: When Sony's current console came out, the games kept getting better & better and I kept looking at it goin, But you're only 300 Mhz! How can you sit there and say you're optimizing the power!? It's like playing on an original IBM! (Don't get me wrong, Games sell systems, and I loved the Original Doom!)
But come on! Some of there selling points were the stupidest I've ever heard.
With XNA, it's going to be great! QUALITY games, quick. They won't have to squeeze technical muscle out of it. It'll be, not only right there for the pickin's, but also helped along with the Middleware development of XNA.

Blackpanthour
06-22-2004, 11:32 AM
very well said brutus. couldn't have said it better. XB next is gonna take the competion and put it out on the lawn for a garage sale. and sale them for 10cents. lol. jks. but ya XBOX is definetly changing the gaming market and they are changing it for the good. with XNA to make games faster and more efficent could mean big things for devlopers and consumers. devlopers won't have to hire as many ppl and wouldn't have to pay as many checks, which means (logically speaking they could get gready) cheaper games for us. hopefully itll work out like that then they could make so much more money, itd be crazy. but one can dream can't they.

mattgame
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks Brutus. That's comforting.

Blackpanthour
06-22-2004, 09:11 PM
you hear, XB2 wit no hard drive and no BW. but to be honest i dun think they needed to get BW. it'd be a waste of money, honestly when the new games come out whos gonna play the old ones??? except maybe halo2 cuz theres not gonna be a halo3. but really more then 3/4 will be paying for stuff we won't use and MS plan is to be cheaper, so the BW lost isn't really big. and b4 you start to argue ask yourself when all the new hits come like Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct 3, etc. come out would you really play fable, NFSU 2, and all the others.

the harddrive is a litttle iffy dunno what to say about that.

lotec16
06-22-2004, 09:26 PM
you hear, XB2 wit no hard drive and no BW. but to be honest i dun think they needed to get BW. it'd be a waste of money, honestly when the new games come out whos gonna play the old ones??? except maybe halo2 cuz theres not gonna be a halo3. but really more then 3/4 will be paying for stuff we won't use and MS plan is to be cheaper, so the BW lost isn't really big. and b4 you start to argue ask yourself when all the new hits come like Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct 3, etc. come out would you really play fable, NFSU 2, and all the others.

the harddrive is a litttle iffy dunno what to say about that.

I think there will be a halo 3 because of the huge huge impact it would have on xbox 2.

Darkside
06-22-2004, 10:09 PM
yeah but no way in hell would it be launch title, which would pull sales even further.

Blackpanthour
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
so u guys dun mind no BW???

Brutus
06-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Don't forget that M$ just opened a patent on a 120GB Hard drive for a "Future Device". Someone even posted the link here for a little proof, my man! I crap you not, it's on it's way. As for BW-C... Well, I'd like to see it, but if I have to keep one Xbox around, I suppose I'll still do it. It's going to suck-the situation with my multiple Xbox's and my LAN party's. Do I keep Both of my Xbox's, and HALO 1 & 2 Copy's? Or do I trade one set in? I don't know, I could use Backwards Compatibility just because I don't want to have 2 consoles at each TV, with 8 controllers at each TV either... But I don't know, I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Blackpanthour
06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
well i'd prob sell my stuff jus cuz i dun have all dat many games and i would never play them once i get new games, and i usually go to my friends hous for LANs and stuff i dun usually host, the only thing is halo2 i would love to contiue to play that on the XB2

Ninjermy
06-23-2004, 10:47 AM
it definatley doesnt bug me if there wont be BW-C. once xbox2 comes out im gonna sell my XBOX1 no matta what. i dont wanna have to cough up my own 300 bucks to buy an xbox2, ill just sell my xbox for the money. also xbox2 will bring better games (halo3, ninjagaiden2 hopefully, and so on so on) so i wont even wanna touch my old games once these are all out.

Blackpanthour
06-23-2004, 11:04 AM
exactly my point but halo3 isn't a promise in the future, it might not be done. and if it isn't then ill be sad cuz im gonna sell my box and won't be able to play halo2. if its tru that there is no halo3 then MS should make something to allow use to play halo2, even if its only that one game

Brutus
06-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah. I hope it's baccomp now. It'd be a shame if it wasn't. But I don't see myself wanting to get rid of it all. I'd sure like to be able to upgrade my console without having to upgrade some space for it on my Entertainment center.

Brutus
06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=106049
Here's more of the same confirming that it's coming in '05, I think maybe someones already posted it.

Blackpanthour
06-23-2004, 01:38 PM
ya its alred known that XB next is comin out 2005, devlopers have already started making games for when it comes out. we just don't know whats going to be in it. I would like some sort of internal memory so that we can dl content and have be able to use a custom soundtrack in games, and we would need it so that we can send our decals and maps and stuff to others thru XBL. so there should be an internal hard drive, or else XBL has lost half of its features.

What i wanna know is how XBL is going to be affected by the change, if there is
BW-C will XB2 players be able to play with XB gamers??? will you have to get a new account for XB2 no matter how many days are left on it??? will the same features be on it??? will XB still have XBL or will MS concentrate mostly on XB2's XBL??? will we still be able to get content dl's on XB or will companies jus think about the XB next??? a whole bunch of questions to be asked about XBL

Darkside
06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Supposed leaked source about Xenon
http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6994

seems intersting, I guess :/

Brutus
06-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Supposed leaked source about Xenon
http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6994

seems intersting, I guess :/

Wow... That's beautiful, man. The Hype bus stops here! All passengers now boarding the Hype Bus. Time to upgrade!
Are we there yet? No.
Are we there yet? no.

Are we there yet? no.
Are we there yet? No.
Are we there yet? no.
What about now? NO!
Well, it can't come soon enough. I'm stoked...

Blackpanthour
06-24-2004, 11:14 AM
its a beautiful thing alrite, and wat i liked were the '+' which meant more power. nice

Brutus
06-24-2004, 12:05 PM
You know, thinking about that thing on 95% of the TV's out there doesn't seem feasible. To me, that sound's like Microsofts envisions of putting everything on your TV in your living room.
In ten years, we'll all be watching TV, playing DVD's & Video Games, Surfing the Web, and using the Telephision (Phone on your TV).
It's wierd to think about, but looking at it in Hindsight, remember 1994?
Man, in 1994, Car phones were all the rave!
Now It's more rare for a person not to have a cell phone than to have one.

Blackpanthour
06-24-2004, 02:29 PM
its the technology era now, now researchers all wanna find a way to make things easier. the generations are gonna get lazier with all the tech in the world.

Brutus
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
its the technology era now, now researchers all wanna find a way to make things easier. the generations are gonna get lazier with all the tech in the world.
& I'm all for it! Send my Robot to work for me! Program him to what he needs to do and my only job is upgrading him, but that's your robot's job! hahaha!

Blackpanthour
06-25-2004, 09:01 AM
lol, thats how its gonna be in the future. we're gonna all turn into the jetson's.

SWEET

mattgame
06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
& I'm all for it! Send my Robot to work for me! Program him to what he needs to do and my only job is upgrading him, but that's your robot's job! hahaha!

I'm gonna have a sexy ass woman robot that looks, feels and smells human. I'm gonna make her do things like wipe my arse for me and give me brain daily all while not having the ability to speak.

Viper87227
06-25-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna have a sexy ass woman robot that looks, feels and smells human. I'm gonna make her do things like wipe my arse for me and give me brain daily all while not having the ability to speak.

Whaaaaa? If she can't speak, how is she supposed to call you a sexy ***** on command?

mattgame
06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Whaaaaa? If she can't speak, how is she supposed to call you a sexy ***** on command?

You're right. Maybe I'll have her programmed to just say certain things. However, she will not be able to say stuff like, "where are you going?", "turn that xbox off!" "do you love me" Who needs to hear that crap!?

Brutus
06-25-2004, 03:11 PM
You're right. Maybe I'll have her programmed to just say certain things. However, she will not be able to say stuff like, "where are you going?", "turn that xbox off!" "do you love me" Who needs to hear that crap!?
hahaha! I like the concept, only who's going to be the one to try the first prototype?

Blackpanthour
06-26-2004, 03:09 PM
lol, life woyld be good

Blackpanthour
06-26-2004, 03:09 PM
umm you could do it brutus

Viper87227
06-26-2004, 04:07 PM
I would, and the first time is pisses me off or fails to compliment on command (as well as the occasional compliment out of nowhere) then I will shoot its face off

Blackpanthour
06-27-2004, 10:41 AM
nehow, bak to games.....how's that halo 2 lookin. ive already preordered mine.

Viper87227
06-27-2004, 10:46 AM
nehow, bak to games.....how's that halo 2 lookin. ive already preordered mine.

You would rather have games that a female robot that does whatever the hell you tell it to, and doesn't ever nag or bother you went you don't want it around?

Looser :hump:

lotec16
06-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Can we get a space for xbox 2 on the forums? Just like halo 2. Then we could make different postes about different articles and it would be easier. I know I would post more about X2 if there was one.

Viper87227
06-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Can we get a space for xbox 2 on the forums? Just like halo 2. Then we could make different postes about different articles and it would be easier. I know I would post more about X2 if there was one.

It would just turn into a giant spam infested rumor mill, who needs that? Until anything is actually know about Xbox2 and it gets closer to being released, this thread works just fine...there isn't enough to post on to require its on catagory. Halo 2 on the other hand is almost upon is, there has been alot of info released, therefor alot to discuss, making it wiser to have its own catagory.

lotec16
06-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea...... I guess.... But this (http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=8250a48b5bf452d3573c273f2a0f1813) forum seems to do fine. This is where I have been going to talk about x2 until xba gets one.

Blackpanthour
06-27-2004, 10:45 PM
You would rather have games that a female robot that does whatever the hell you tell it to, and doesn't ever nag or bother you went you don't want it around?

Looser :hump:

no i would rather have a real girl rather then a robot. wat say she breaks down mid-sex, or she keeps repeating the same compliment. plus real girls would be cheaper.

Viper87227
06-27-2004, 11:28 PM
no i would rather have a real girl rather then a robot. wat say she breaks down mid-sex, or she keeps repeating the same compliment. plus real girls would be cheaper.

wow...you scare me. Since when does a robot that compliments you and does you favors turn into a sex partner? :hump: robots...now thats jus wrong

Brutus
06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
wow...you scare me. Since when does a robot that compliments you and does you favors turn into a sex partner? :hump: robots...now thats jus wrong
The way you guys keep going back to this Sex Robot is kinda' scary.
I'm back after a lonnnnnng weekend.
Personally I think the first prototype would suck. (No! Not like that!)
It'd probably be something like a Blow-up doll or a manachin with an AI Voice. That'd be wierd!
X2 thoughts:
After much thinking, I realized that if Xbox 2 is Backwards compatible it'd make me the happiest man in the world. Why? I could still have HALO 2 Lan party's with my current consoles that I have in my house! That and my library of hundreds in games won't be like my past games.
You know, as much as I loved some of my favorite Nintendo Games, Genesis games. Playstation & Dreamcast games, I'd still play them if I had them, but why keep all of that hardware in the house if it's not hooked up?
Xbox was the first console to be above and beyond what I'd wanted it to be. I'm going to keep one of them forever just because it's so useful, what with being a real DVD player and having a million songs burned onto my hard-drive. Not only that, but now that I have a LAN set-up in my house, especially seeing's how I've never owned more than one of the same console before, What I'm trying to say is that if I have 2 systems and 8controllers that aren't even feeling love anymore I always ask myself, "Why have it around?"
My little brother is a lucky kid! Get's all my old stuff!
I'd like to see them support the old software at least. I mean, a new Music Mixer, new controllers, new software all together - You guys are probably like me where you have to have each of the sports, a few action games, Halo esque games, racing games, fighting games and the occasional party fav for the chicks.
Anyone else agree that it'd make them a happier gamer to have a Backwards compatibility with all of their games. I don't know if they can make the LAN's BC but imagine HALO 1 & 2 goin' out the window! It's just deplorable!

Blackpanthour
06-28-2004, 12:04 PM
i hear you, but remeber MS is trying to make their system cheaper. and most ppl dun have 2 XB's 8 controllers and hundreads of games. and wit the study of the PS2 BW-c barely ne1 played the old SOny games, mind u the old ones weren't worth plain again and Halo 2 is, overall most gamers woouldn't play their old games once all the new ones and sequals come out barely ne1 is gonna be plain the old ones. maybe halo2 since there isn't a planned sequal comin out.

Brutus
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
i hear you, but remeber MS is trying to make their system cheaper. and most ppl dun have 2 XB's 8 controllers and hundreads of games. and wit the study of the PS2 BW-c barely ne1 played the old SOny games, mind u the old ones weren't worth plain again and Halo 2 is, overall most gamers woouldn't play their old games once all the new ones and sequals come out barely ne1 is gonna be plain the old ones. maybe halo2 since there isn't a planned sequal comin out.
Man, I see myself playing HALO 2 on System Link for at least 3 years just like I'm still doing for the first one, you know! Not if I have to have to different systems hooked up to the same High COmponent TV's and the same 5.1 DD systems, you know!
I mean, it just doesn't make much sense for gems like HALO, but then again, that's one of the fewthat'll stay in the collection once I move on to next gen. Maybe that's why they think of it as not important to have BackComp.
Personally though, DOA3, Ninja Gaiden, HALO, Sport's Dynasty's (XSN Sports), & several other stellar games are not going to simply want to be forgotten. We're still going to want to play them all in succession. It's all good, you know! It's not all good if I can't do that. There's really only one High Component in on my TV's. There's only one Fiber optic "In" on both of my Dolby systems.
I'd hate to lose these stellar games to the Dusty Closet Realm, you know.

Blackpanthour
06-28-2004, 06:54 PM
ya i hear ya, and trust me there are games that i would neva wanna give up. but really, how many times are we gonna pop in the "classics" into the new system over the new gen games that we'd have. i would prop only do it every so often when i get bored of pplain the games but then after like 2 days ill go bak to the XB2 games. I still play & Luv my DC, but i rarely ever play that over XB (mind u i rarely ever play my XB cuz i go to my friend to play halo) the only reason why i don't play my XB is because im not really gonna stack up on games b4 XB2 cuz im not sure if its gonna be BW-C and it would be a waste of money if i did.

but ya i wouldn't really play the old games over the new (except halo2 unless halo3 comes out, doubtfull though)

Brutus
06-28-2004, 07:23 PM
ya i hear ya, and trust me there are games that i would neva wanna give up. but really, how many times are we gonna pop in the "classics" into the new system over the new gen games that we'd have. i would prop only do it every so often when i get bored of pplain the games but then after like 2 days ill go bak to the XB2 games. I still play & Luv my DC, but i rarely ever play that over XB (mind u i rarely ever play my XB cuz i go to my friend to play halo) the only reason why i don't play my XB is because im not really gonna stack up on games b4 XB2 cuz im not sure if its gonna be BW-C and it would be a waste of money if i did.

but ya i wouldn't really play the old games over the new (except halo2 unless halo3 comes out, doubtfull though)
However. If HALO one was released exclusive on the Dreamcast, we'd still want to play it on the new system, wouldn't we?

Blackpanthour
06-29-2004, 04:13 PM
but the DC would've made it look bad, cuz its no where near as powerful as the XB. so if it were on the DC it wouldn't have gotten as much suport, as it did wit the XB. but i no wat u mean, but since halo2 is gonna come out i would rather play that then halo 1. which is wat im talkin about.

say halo1 came out on the XB in the later months of its life, then halo2 wuz comin out for XB2, if there wuz BW-C we would be plain halo2 much more then halo. maybe halo once every couple months but it would mostly be all about halo2. which is wat im sayin, if the could make a halo3 for XB2 then i wouldn't care about BW-C at all, but since they mite not then that would be the only reason y i would want BW-C.

thats jus me cuz i dun have a lot of games so it wouldn't really affect me, like madden 2004 im prob neva gonna play it when 2005 so im gonna sale that so i can get money off the 2005 one. same wit XB and XB2.

Blackpanthour
06-30-2004, 01:23 AM
if its tru dat there is no BW-C, then this is suppose to be why (http://xbox.gamespy.com/articles/527/527245p2.html)

skorp
06-30-2004, 01:31 AM
but the DC would've made it look bad, cuz its no where near as powerful as the XB. so if it were on the DC it wouldn't have gotten as much suport, as it did wit the XB. but i no wat u mean, but since halo2 is gonna come out i would rather play that then halo 1. which is wat im talkin about.

say halo1 came out on the XB in the later months of its life, then halo2 wuz comin out for XB2, if there wuz BW-C we would be plain halo2 much more then halo. maybe halo once every couple months but it would mostly be all about halo2. which is wat im sayin, if the could make a halo3 for XB2 then i wouldn't care about BW-C at all, but since they mite not then that would be the only reason y i would want BW-C.

thats jus me cuz i dun have a lot of games so it wouldn't really affect me, like madden 2004 im prob neva gonna play it when 2005 so im gonna sale that so i can get money off the 2005 one. same wit XB and XB2.

I'm not sure what type of games you play... But I have to say that it's gonna be hard to avoid the awesome games out this year till next year before XB2... ;)

btw, nice avatar... :D

Blackpanthour
06-30-2004, 02:06 AM
oh i'm gonna get the top games like MA2:LW, Halo2, Madden 2005, NFSU2, possible Fable(which) i will prob return as soon as i beat it and dun play it nemore so i can get the best price for it. thats all on my to have to get list there mite be others in the future, but none are planed rite now

Blackpanthour
06-30-2004, 02:07 AM
thanks i've had this avatar for a long time, and dun plan to change it soon.

if u were being scarcastic..... i like women(even though this is animated u get the picture)

skorp
06-30-2004, 02:51 AM
thanks i've had this avatar for a long time, and dun plan to change it soon.

if u were being scarcastic..... i like women(even though this is animated u get the picture)

Oh don't worry... I gotcha! :cheers:

severd hed
06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
whats the big deal if it isnt backwards compatible..sure it would be nice so you wouldnt need both of them hooked up...but i know personally, along with most of my friends..we all have several consoles hooked up at once. right now, i have two xboxes, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast and N64 all hooked up in my living room. and all of my other consoles are in the back room..ready to hook up at any time i want to play them. sure, i dont play the older ones very often..the xboxes get the most play..followed by gamecube then dreamcast. but it i like to keep a few hooked up in case i want to play them. even if the xbox 2 is backwards compatible, i willl still keep one of my xboxes hooked up as well. (the one with the mod chip) and probably connect the other one to my tv inmy bedroom so i can do lan games.

most of my friends at least have a few consoles hooked up at all times..my one friend is in the process of building a new display stand to connect alot more of these systems up. two of my friends only have xbox connected..but that's all they have. i just find it very convenient to have them connected so when i want to play Soul Calibur, or goldeneye..i dont have to dig through a box to find my old consoles and hook them up. (and for stuff like snes, and nes, i have them emulated on my xbox)

i know a few of you express problems with connecting everything. i too had this problem for a while...my 5.1 receiver only has 2 optical inputs and one coax input..so i coudlnt connect both of my xboxes, ps2, dvd player, and pc to the receiver with digital audio connectoins..but then i bought these:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801668

it has 8 sets of inputs (7 on the back, one on the front behind a little door)

all of the inputs have:

Composite video
S-video
Component Video
stereo audio

three sets of the inputs also have:
optical audio
ethernet

so you really can hook everything up. it is a little expensive..but it beats buying another receiver.

Blackpanthour
06-30-2004, 08:37 PM
ya thats jus you, for someone like me i would sell my box to get money off of neXtBOX. but i said it b4 many times i dun really care. someppl care cuz they would sell their boxes to get neXtBOX and they would like to keep their games.

Brutus
07-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Everything Summed up into one:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=106381
It contains all of the specs on Xenon... &:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=106364
How we'll probably end up with BC

Blak Fyre
07-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Microsoft HAS to put in a HD if not it will lose a lot of buisness....and i cant see them doing what sony did and having the HD as an accesory...tooo much of a hassle along with a loss of buyers

David Luckey
07-05-2004, 08:34 PM
the flashram (disk on key or whatever it is) will be alot better than an HD

Brutus
07-06-2004, 09:29 AM
the flashram (disk on key or whatever it is) will be alot better than an HD
If flash RAM was really so "Killer" Like you're talking about, dude, they'd have it in every Gaming PC that comes out. Only you don't see it in every Alien Ware because it's not as good. Stop sounding like a beligerent A-hole, Cappish (In Memory of Marlon Brandow.)

But seriously, you guys who keep saying that it's going to be better, or, it's just as good are making me want to kick you in your face.

David Luckey
07-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Shut the **** up, you A-Grade jackass

Brutus
07-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Shut the **** up, you A-Grade jackass
Your the stupid @ss. Try making sense next time and you won't get wailed.
Saying that that's anywhere near the power of a harddrive is like saying that S-video is better than HDTV! Hahahah!
I guess you'd be a jackass if you disagreed with me on that, wouldn't you!
You sick ducker.

David Luckey
07-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Brutus, what is your problemb?

I simply stated my opinion-that I believe a mass storage system in the form of flash memory would be more effecient, as well as more cost-effective. And I get flamed.

I am putting your stupid ass on my ignore list.

David Luckey
07-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh, and Brutus, I believe the reason you feel the need to call me a "sick ducker" or "**** sucker" is because of you underlying homosexual tendencies. But please keep them to yourself, "dude"

Brutus
07-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh, and Brutus, I believe the reason you feel the need to call me a "sick ducker" or "**** sucker" is because of you underlying homosexual tendencies. But please keep them to yourself, "dude"
Look, kiddo, keep talking like that & someone's liable to jack you a couple of times. I know I would have long f*cked you up by now; if you weren't hiding behind that keyboard & mouse.
Someone will.
That, and the world still thinks you're a jackass, Cheetara.

akachadparker
07-07-2004, 09:57 PM
xbox 2...ofcourse its going to be much better.its going to become more and more of a computer.hell u can probably even hook up a keyboard to the controller outlet. theres many things to come.and yes your going to be aloud to play old xbox games and probably even pcs.microsoft wouldnt blow this guys!!!xbox 2 or whatever it will be called is going to be better then xbox,thats how it goes...-akachadparker

AntiSOBMachine
07-10-2004, 12:22 AM
hmmmmm well i dont know bout becoming more of a computer but a home entertainment device is more like it, but either way its gonna cost more than i have thas for sure :cheers:

Seawolf1
07-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Can't wait till school resumes so these boards will clean up a bit. :rolleyes:

Brutus
07-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Whatever it is, with those specs, you can be sure I'll have it the day it comes out.
We're all talking about the end of Xbox 1 as we know it.
But that's when we're all smoking goofy stuff and laughing about how developers have squeezed everything they possibly can out of the hardware for the next installment. (Ghost Recon 2, HALO 2, etc...) It's funny.
Man, November comes soon, then it's just one year!
Each morning brings us one day closer!

Blackpanthour
07-16-2004, 01:28 PM
the only thing thats sucks, is dat all the kool games that are comin out might not be playable on the XB2, which is gonna suck, so the answer would be not to buy nethin but comon there are so many good titles lauchin this year and then so many more commin next plus XB2 is comin out that same year. kinda sucks if u ask me

Xorg
07-16-2004, 10:18 PM
then keep your xbox

Blackpanthour
07-17-2004, 09:50 AM
but i also wanna trade it in to get sumthin off the XB2, if its worth it at least. EB prob only give me $50 off, so maybe i would keep it. i dunno ill ave to see

N1ghtM4r3
07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
If the xbox comes out a year before ps3 , wont sony make there system better because they know what x2 has and they have a year to make there system better?

Blackpanthour
07-19-2004, 12:11 AM
true, that could happen but XB2 could still steel the market within that time period, its a big gamble which DC tried to do but they falied lets hope MS doesn't mess this up

Brutus
07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
1.) Not looking forward to losing any of my current Sofware.
2.) I've got a lot of saved information on my current Hard Drives
3.) I don't want to lose the connectivity of consoles & PC's
(Ultimately; 4.) I see this as Microsoft listening to the market & making it work together. Isn't that what XNA is all about anyhow!?

SoundX
07-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Bringing X2 out before PS2 is a real gamble, correct, but you have to think about where Nintendo are going to come in on this one. I remember reading that they wish to get ahead of the pack next time round and release before anyone else, believing that will give them the advantage.

So we might find that the N5 will take the roll of the Dreamcast (God Forbid) and X2 of PS2, sitting comfortably at the top of the market. Either 2nd out on the market or last, personaly I don't think it will matter which such a small time span between each. You have to remember that PS2 had several years to make an impact not months.
In the end I believe it will all come down to the early reputation of the console, and so you never know the N5 might actualy get a decent marketing plan and surprise us all.

Blackpanthour
07-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Im not bad mouthin the N5, for all I know it could be the best console out there, but I think companies should take more out out and give more thought into their products b4 bring it out into the market. really make sure the console is as good as it can possible and make sure they are makin all the rite move.

When DC fell I wuz in shock cuz i luved Sega, still do, and i dun want the same happening to MS and the XB. i jus hope they pull all the rite moves and get it rite

Ninj0r
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
I see Microsoft going about the lack of Hard Drive either of two ways.

1) They use Flash Thumb Drives which are about 1 Gig in size and cost alot.

Or...

2) Microsoft put in a Flash Hard Drive. Very plausible seeing as they would be cheaper to mass produce (lack of moving parts) last longer due to LACK of moving parts.

If they included backwards compatabillity they might allow old memory cards to be used to load up X-Box saves (Like a PS2 does). But in reality this is all just theory, we'll see what Microsoft do, they won't throw the console war straight into Sony's court by allowing such an ingenius thing as an internal hard drive to be just thrown away. Especially as they made Sony follow their lead with the hard drive.

It basically put Sony right where Microsoft wanted them, on the backfoot.

Releasing the X-Box 2 before Sony is one hell of a gamble, but they must have an ace up their sleeve if they plan on giving Sony such a lead as a whole year. Of course the whole gamble could be:

Announce a 2005 release date.
Sony panic. Rush console out into the market.
Microsoft laugh and then release later when they can get a bigger launch library together. (Very important, for past failure's see the Nintendo 64) and size up the PS3.

Clever, definetly. I still belive that Microsoft have a trick or two which they shall announce at E3 and I bet my bottom dollar, they will copyright it so Sony and Nintendo can't follow suit. The best idea would be to watch the US patent office's website and check what Microsoft patent in the run up to E3.

Brutus
08-13-2004, 12:02 PM
No doubt, Blackpanthour. Losing game console manufacturers doesn't improve anything for anybody. Imagine if we had Sega Making consoles as well as Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony!! That'd be pretty wild! You see with competition we're all winners. Us. we get more competition on all of the games.
I like what Microsoft Game Studio's is doing as a whole though. It's impressing me so far. With XNA They're even signing usually "Exclusive" Deals. Like: Square Enix, Tecmo... etc. They're developing seperately for XNA because it's a plus for them. M$ is doing the right thing. It's a ways off yet, though.
As far as Flash memory goes though, I'll lose any ties to all consoles if the next generation comes w/ flash memory only. I'll boycott them & switch to PC gaming only. If they lose the Hard-Drive, why go with it? It'd be like going backwards in technology.
I'm not going to do that.

David Luckey
08-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Brutus, I don't agree with your anti-flash memory views, because:
Flash drive (in the form of what is explained here:http://news.com.com/2100-1043-5164992.html?) would be faster, quiter, last longer, be more reliable, and even be cheaper-production, and end user.
Hard drives are good. But, they allow for piracy. Get a modchip, rent a game, drop it on your HDD. Flash drives (the disk on key one's described earlier) will be MORE THAN BIG ENOUGH to save ANY amount of saves you can muster, and will help stop that piracy. If you say "well OMG wtf its so awexome that youzorz can copy gamez for teh freezor to joor hard drive so flashram is teh sux" I won't even respond...
I am simply stating my opinion: Flash Ram (Disk On Key, what is going to be used in XBOX2, will be better in every way, than a conventional Hard Drive.)
And, I am backing it up with facts. (See again, http://news.com.com/2100-1043-5164992.html? )
Faster, quiter, longer lifespan, be more reliable, and less costly.

TOTTEN
08-29-2004, 10:41 AM
As far as Flash memory goes though, I'll lose any ties to all consoles if the next generation comes w/ flash memory only. I'll boycott them & switch to PC gaming only. If they lose the Hard-Drive, why go with it? It'd be like going backwards in technology.
I'm not going to do that.
Brutus The XBOX 2 need alot of edges on the ps3 to get close to its sales one of the best ways would be to make it cheaper. The hard drive would tag a heaftier tag on the XBOX 2s price. If you want the XBOX 2 to survive you got to believe in what microsoft is doing its for the best.

Brutus
08-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Brutus The XBOX 2 need alot of edges on the ps3 to get close to its sales one of the best ways would be to make it cheaper. The hard drive would tag a heaftier tag on the XBOX 2s price.
One would think, but it sure didn't affect the current Xbox's price, right?
If it's there, developers need it, & we want it, they'll put it in. There's a reason why the Xbox can do things that PS2 can't. Like in ESPN NFL 2K5 when it shows the weekly sportscenter, it shows the play on XBox & it shows still photos on the PS2 version.
Not to mention games like HALO & Ninja Gaiden that rely on Huge ammounts of Memory Stash points (Thanks Harddrive!).
That's not even pointing out how much memory you're going to be putting on your save files load. I don' know about you, but I like the fact that I can entirely download entire levels onto the hard-drive & games like Splinter Cell (The Original) don't die simply because they just expand on it!
Just like the 3 different sport's titles that I have updated rosters on. Oh yeah, should I mention XBox LIve?! You don't think that Tsunami would be affected by losing so many Gigabytes & switching to a smaller device which is also prone to corrupted files. (You know that when one file on flash is corrupted, you have to re-format the whole stinking stick)
I still say, F-That. F-Price, Bill G. doesn't have to save money. Plus if this thing is really to blow away it's competitors, they'll make it to blow away it's competitor's. Including It's current console. If I have to, I'll just keep the one I got now, & buy a new Alien.
Yeah, it's a no brainer, they lose the hard-drive, they'll lose me & a lot of other clients.

Blackpanthour
08-31-2004, 01:36 AM
agreed, if the hdd is taken out they'll lose a lot of ppl, well not lose but jus not have ppl buy the X2.

you know wat suxs, MS has digged themselves a hole: they made a big innovative step into the future with the intorduction of the hdd and XBL. but they lost a lot of money from it, and one easy way to earn money is to get rid of the hdd. which we all know dat is tru and dat it really suxs. but with that move they lose the innovative touch and a lot of angrey customer (even though we know why and can actually understand y they did it, we'd still be angrey) its odd its like i know y and agree with the move but yet im still not gonna buy it for a long time. the X2 is gonna be a big gamble no matter wat they do, includin the hdd and lose some money or lose the hdd and lose a lot of of customers.

what i think should be done, and very possible is if they let u transfer your exsiting XB hdd and put it into the X2, dunno if dat would be possible but i think they wouldn't lose money and still keep the ppl happy.

another thing if they did get rid of the hdd then their pretty much getting rid of content dl. although u prop could dl it to a memory card, you would need like 2 mem cards per game which i doubt ne1 is gonna do.

MS has a big gamble on their hands, and I only hope they can pull it out.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 09:28 AM
Great Point Panther. I'm still a firm believer that when Microsoft took out that patent on a 120GB HD for "Future Hardware" it was for their next console. It's kind of tough to tell though with it still more than a year from launch.
Maybe they'll do what Sony's president is talking about. Make the same console, one for gamers who want that, & another for gamers that could care less.
But I still don't see how that would work. For Example, even a decent sport's title: (Thank you ESPN) you still NEED the hard drive.
Yeah, this advanced of technology, going into the new generation of Gaming, it would be taking one step forward but moving backwards to all who've utilized their hard-drives w/ this generation. (Like myself)
So Microsoft knows that they need to beat the competition to the punch, hence they're releasing first. But look at the big picture: Convenience.
Look what happened to the Sega Dreamcast!
Losing the backwards compatability is one thing altogether, but now we're talking the Hard-drive & that I can't overlook.
Bill G., Don't allow yourself to become the next, Jaguar, or Dreamcast, or 3DO, or Intellivision. First time in my life I got excited about a games studio. MGS, you rock. Don't try to fix what ain't broke. Please

RaaarGH!!! SPIRIT OF VENGAR!

Conchord
08-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Microsoft won't be that stupid to not put in a harddrive...Bill Gates doesn't need to worry about losing ****ing money, either...c'mon, people...it's not like they don't know what we want...

Blackpanthour
08-31-2004, 06:37 PM
lol dats tru, and is sumthin i overlooked. Bill doesn't need nemore money, but still wat about the employers and stuff. well either way they will get paid but still they would be in the losing market. but its dat dat they are stupid enuf to not put in an hdd, its if they can really support it. but like brutus said i can overlook the no backwards mostly cuz i dun have a huge libary like other ppl. but the hdd affects every single person and hits hardest to the over a million subscribers to XBL. no more gamertag, cuz dats on the hdd, (unless you want a mem card for jus the gamertag), no conten dls, no dashborad, no custom sound track. dats a lot missing w/o the hdd. but of course i said most of this in the last post i did.

all in all, i think they should include the hdd, cuz they may lose a little bit of money. but w/;o the hdd they'll lose a lot more because customers wouldn't be buying.

SPARTAN VI
08-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Are you guys still arguing about that damn harddrive? Brutus, flash memory is better than a harddrive. It can be used as a harddrive and RAM. It'll last longer because it's in a solid state, with no moving parts. And they're portable. Your Xbox memory card is considered flash memory. Your memory card for your digital camera is flash memory. Only the flash memory MS plans to use for the Xbox will be much more advanced (I'm assuming, given technology advances over the years).

I sure as hell like the idea of a portable harddrive. It'd just be hell if someone manages to lose it or damage it.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Are you guys still arguing about that damn harddrive? Brutus, flash memory is better than a harddrive. It can be used as a harddrive and RAM. It'll last longer because it's in a solid state, with no moving parts. And they're portable. Your Xbox memory card is considered flash memory. Your memory card for your digital camera is flash memory. Only the flash memory MS plans to use for the Xbox will be much more advanced (I'm assuming, given technology advances over the years).

I sure as hell like the idea of a portable harddrive. It'd just be hell if someone manages to lose it or damage it.
Alright. I have no beef with them making a HUGE flash file. Non at all. But it better be larger than oh, I don't know, say 20 Gigs. Not only that, but you have to agree with me on one thing: of any of the "Portable" Units, whether it be Flash Cards (PS & Nintendo), Floppy Disc's, Memory Sticks, or even Massive Save Files for devices such as Digital Camera's, they all seem to at one point or another tell us that they're corrupted & must be reformatted.
Instead of losing just one save file or one small 8KB card, we'd be losing a whole lot of stuff! & if they wanted to use it as the RAM, just like the Current Console's Bios on the Hard Drive, we wouldn't just lose the saves, & saves & saves & Burned CD's like we would now, we'd lose the functionality of everything that we had downloaded to the flash stick.
Now, I've never had a problem with a HD ever. Someone somewhere I'm sure has, but the levels of each are so far differentiated that I really don't see Microsoft Relying on Flash. I could be wrong, we'll just wait & see.
Hey, Spartan. Would it still be slower than the Flashes save & load time if it had DDR?

Blackpanthour
08-31-2004, 07:54 PM
ya like wat brutus said, wit flash theres a possiblity that it make get corrupted or sumthin and need to be reformated. which cuz you to lose all your saves, DLs, and any other things that u have on it. and like spartan you mite lose your flash. to me, eve though hdd has more moving parts, i've neva had a prob wit a hdd yet, so with that aside i would rather an internal hdd no chance of loseing it (unless u lose your xbox which would be very stupid and i would pity the person who did lose it) and a lot less chance of havin to reformat it. all the time i've had an hdd i've only had to reformate it once, and dat wuz because i wuz young and i let a virus into my comp. so too me the hdd has done good things for me.

mind you they aren't the cheapest thing around at almost $1/gig so it wouldn't be the cheapest thing to do, but i think it'd be more worth the money.

now if im wrong about anything don't get all upset about it by callin me stupid and all dat crap. jus say your worng about that, or dats not quite rite.

Brutus
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I also did a little test, guys. I went & Starting finishing my NHL 2K4 before I trade it in for the new one, you know.
Well, instead of my main Xbox, I went to the one in the other room & just took the save file from the memory card with me. I didn't transfer the files before I fired the game up so I had to download it from the Card. It seemed to take longer to load than it ever did with the Harddrive.
Maybe it's because it would have to take a different route to get to the save file? I'm not sure, but how can you really test the speed of a download between Flash & HD, unless they're the exact Specs.
My Memory Sticks are pretty fast, but comparable to the local disc with all of that stuff on it... I don't know. I'd rather have a local disc in my Xenon.

Conchord
09-01-2004, 04:59 PM
has their been a confirmation on the backwards compatibility of xbox 2? i really hope it is, because When xbox 2 comes out, I am transferring as much data as possible (if hd are available) and selling my xbox...And I would love to be able to play doom 3, half life 2, and halo 2o n xenon...

Blackpanthour
09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
still no word on it, i would 2 like it to be BW so i can sell my box so that i can get a bit off the XB2

Brutus
09-01-2004, 07:04 PM
has their been a confirmation on the backwards compatibility of xbox 2? i really hope it is, because When xbox 2 comes out, I am transferring as much data as possible (if hd are available) and selling my xbox...And I would love to be able to play doom 3, half life 2, and halo 2o n xenon...
Official word was posted like 12 pages ago in this Thread.
They say that at the time they aren't going to put it in because it would be a ton of money to do it (Since they just switched Video Cards - Nvidia to ATI <it has a Cross section of the plain!!!!!>) But the thing is that the cards won't co-exist. Be thankful that Xbox get's Doom 3 because that Xenon won't come out for a long time anyhow.
So they said they could but won't. Not unless the customer base starts picking & prodding it.
Seeings how this is a site they regularly visit, we need to mention why we don't like this & they'll change it up for us! -Hopefully...

Blackpanthour
09-01-2004, 08:59 PM
hey i would luv to have Backwards capability on the X2, because when i get Halo2, and since there isn't gonna be a planned halo3, i wanna keep on plain it wit the XBLive because that game is gonna be amazing

lllSmokelll
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
im not about to look through this whole thread to check of this has been posted but ill post it anyways

http://www.engadget.com/entry/9253838747326816

Conchord
09-13-2004, 09:17 PM
It's only 25 pages, lazy bastage... :)

Blackpanthour
09-13-2004, 10:27 PM
those are sum nice, rumoured pics. they look kool the top one looks best though. and the top logo is pretty sick

Brutus
09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
The top one has the Hard Drive & the Bottom one doesn't. Two versions of the same console?

batman46st
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
hey why dont u get out of if u dont like wat i post dont read it i was here first man respect the veterans of this site. This message is referred to chump ttu :cuss: dont start with me if i didnt start with u

Brutus
09-14-2004, 05:17 PM
:huh:

Blackpanthour
01-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I'd just thought i wud bring this fourm bak, but yay, im sure every one has heard about the 3 diff xbox, Xbox next, Xbox HD, Xbox PC. jus wondering wat every1 is gonna get, for me since i obviously have a PC already, Imma get the HD

This i sbeing said if this idea is really in construction

Variation-XBA
01-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Wow just browsing through this ANCIENT thread...alot of noob sure have left , thanks Blackpanthour! ;)

eskara
01-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah im getting the Xbox HD. I mean the PC version is a kinda good idea if you havnt got a PC, but my PC it quite good. So the Xbox PC will be a waste of money for me. HD system exactly like the current Xbox. Perfect :)

Blackpanthour
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
yea, im sure most of the sales will be from the Xbox HD. The PC is for those who don't have a PC and want the next gen of gaming as well. the regular would be for those who are under a budget.

j/w, how good do you think the PC portion of the XBOX PC is really gonna be, like i know its being made from microsoft who can easily make good computers. but The fact that its gonna be both a fully (im pretty sure i heard it wuz fully, if not plez correct me) Functioning and a working xbox. like if their minds isn't fully set on the PC part of it i wouldn't think that it would be as good as going out there and buying a pure PC.

but if they do somehow mange to pull it off and make a very reliable PC as well as xbox, how much do you think its gonna cost. cause good comps today are like $1500 plus the xbox which is prob gonna be $4-500. Iunno, i think it would be better to buy a PC and then buy the HD. plus the hard drive would be shared by both (if MS wants to be greddy and make more money. so if one application messes up the HD well, then your screwed.

and one more thing can both the PC and xbox work at the same time? if not, i wud say go buy a comp instead then buy the XBHD. it may be more expansive but it will a much betta idea

once again if im wrong plez correct me.

Blackpanthour
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Official word was posted like 12 pages ago in this Thread.
They say that at the time they aren't going to put it in because it would be a ton of money to do it (Since they just switched Video Cards - Nvidia to ATI <it has a Cross section of the plain!!!!!>) But the thing is that the cards won't co-exist. Be thankful that Xbox get's Doom 3 because that Xenon won't come out for a long time anyhow.
So they said they could but won't. Not unless the customer base starts picking & prodding it.
Seeings how this is a site they regularly visit, we need to mention why we don't like this & they'll change it up for us! -Hopefully...

Im pretty sure their gonna do it now, I think das wat i read a while ago. can't remeber if it wuz rumor or offical

Draco2003
01-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Dunno if this has been posted already but according to the Screensavers (TechTV show) They said that the new XBOX will have 3 processors and have many different forms. Like a home theatre system, and the Hardcore gaming versions. I did see the pics above, and I say "DAYAMN!!" That is pimp! What MS should do, instead of getting rid of the HDD, is make the system out of like Carbon Fiber or something lighter. I hear the Executioners in Afghanistan don't play the systems, they are used to "stone" people instead of the rocks they have laying around. :rofl: