PDA

View Full Version : This March release looks AWESOME!

CRAYMAN
02-12-2004, 03:26 PM
I'll be picking this one up, barring any serious criticisms/slams or death.

I saw it awhile back in a magazine preview and didn't get too excited because it was so far off from being released.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/566/566614/vids_1.html

BTW, the title of the game is Breakdown.

AlphaCigara
02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
i'm also really lookin forward to this game! ever since i saw the first few trailers, i've been wantin to give it a go for a while. seems kinda like the xbox's version of metroid prime, except with mo' betta stuff like first person hand to hand fighting, drivin vehicles, etc

:hail: definately a purchase

shapoopy
02-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Don't you get weapons?

And aren't the graphics, a little bland, the hands did

BunnyRabbit
02-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

I saw it awhile back in a magazine preview and didn't get too excited because it was so far off from being released.

BTW, the title of the game is Breakdown.

Oh yes the first person fighter... Looks cool. I also hear a pre order gets you a free copy of Dead to Rights. A major plus for getting.

Im lookin into it.

Crazy Joe
02-12-2004, 04:47 PM
looks like a great game, and getting free Dead to Rights with pre-order is a great deal.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236125.asp

themoosearmy
02-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Eh, I'm not that into the first person fighting. I'd rather it be 3rd person if its only H2H combat. Hopefully the graphics and enemies will blossom out a bit closer to realease time.

Shadow20002
02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
But it seems like just too short. :watchout:

xbox genius
02-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
But it seems like just too short. :watchout:

thats why i usually wait for single player games to go down in price or find a used one... if it has mutliplayer or something in it, than i dont really care if i fork over 50.

JJaX
02-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy
Eh, I'm not that into the first person fighting. I'd rather it be 3rd person if its only H2H combat. Hopefully the graphics and enemies will blossom out a bit closer to realease time.

Its suppost to be an immersive FPS game. Where the whole game unfolds infront of you, never changing perspective so you can stay in character.

And its not just Hand to hand, theres plenty of shooing. But i recall seeing some sort of "auto-aim" system.

Brutus
02-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah. The first person fighting probably won't be done right, only because it's the first First Person Fighter, you know. I give it a thumb up for being in a league of it's own, but look what happened to Sega's football FPF, you know?
Plus the driving looked all weird. First person driving?! I don't even pick that view in a racing title. Why would I choose it in any game? I don't know, It's too far off to tell. I'll wait for the Demo.
Like all of you I was impressed by the cut scenes and the FPS mode, but let's see how it plays, and I wonder about the story too.

PapaSKooT
02-14-2004, 12:20 PM
But there is also First Person Puking too!
:watchout:

No, i'm not lying.

mattgame
02-14-2004, 04:58 PM
My 2 cents..... if I can get something free for a preorder, I'm with it. :cheers:

Trill-Ville
02-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

BTW, the title of the game is Breakdown. the game looks mediocre. freakin EA publishing it, the INGAME graphics look avg. not xbox quality. this game looks like another all hype but crap game.:(

Sleazy P Martini
02-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Trill-Ville
the game looks mediocre. freakin EA publishing it
Whatchoo talkin bout Willis? It's Namco not EA.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:07 PM
you're right, looks pretty sweet