PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Redshift-fastest game ever

PoetSaskia
02-12-2004, 03:48 PM
If you're like me, you're always on the lookout for older titles you may have overlooked while you're waiting for new games to come out. Most of you probably overlooked this one. I picked it up recently for about seventeen bucks. At first I was happy with it because of the outstanding graphics and 60 fps framerate. But it wasn't until I used cheat codes to unlock the higher levels that I was blown away. The speed of this game on master and redshift levels leaves all other racing games in the dust! You have to see it to believe it. Most of the tracks are really difficult to negotiate at these speeds, but a few of them were built for speed and are a blast to fly through. I can't even come close to winning a race at these levels, the computer opponents are so good, but I can't get enough of racing at supersonic speeds. I think it has ruined all other racing games for me. I think maybe it didn't get the attention it deserves because it is so hard that reviewers and players never made it to the higher levels where the speed really kicks in and the game takes off. You might want to check this game out, it is a technical masterpiece. But be warned, it may ruin all other racing games for you.

George89
02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
I was actually considering getting that a little while ago! I played an old OXM demo and liked it!

shapoopy
02-12-2004, 03:57 PM
DAMN! that game is fast, it's pretty hard for me to controll the vehicle, and its fun or F-ZERO GX

PoetSaskia
02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
what do you mean, "or F-zero GX"? Quantum Redshift's graphics blow Fzero's graphics away. Probably faster too but I can't say for sure since I only played Fzero a little bit at a store.

shapoopy
02-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
what do you mean, "or F-zero GX"? Quantum Redshift's graphics blow Fzero's graphics away. Probably faster too but I can't say for sure since I only played Fzero a little bit at a store.

Well, i wasn't talking about the graphics, but that is pretty fast, but not sure

PoetSaskia
02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
well Quantum Redshift doesn't start off that fast but on the higher levels (master and redshift) it is faster than anything I've ever seen in my life I simply can't describe it

shapoopy
02-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
well Quantum Redshift doesn't start off that fast but on the higher levels (master and redshift) it is faster than anything I've ever seen in my life I simply can't describe it

ya, I think thats what I played it at in my friends house, It's pretty hard to controll(for me) but still, its cool:cheers:

PoetSaskia
02-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy

ya, I think thats what I played it at in my friends house, It's pretty hard to controll(for me) but still, its cool:cheers: yes, on most of the tracks its very hard to control at high speeds, but a few of the tracks work really well at higher speeds. My favorite is the first one, Silver Rock Canyon. I have been racing it over and over again. The game is worth it for that track alone. It would have made a great arcade game.

BinaryXtreme
02-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I got it on it's release and liked it a lot but grew tired of it after a few months. A lot of fun to play though. Maybe I'll give Unreal The Awakening the night off and play Quantum again.

Trento52
02-12-2004, 07:32 PM
quantum redshift is one of my favorite game and acutally am still trying to finish it. I have many hours in it and am only on 84%. It is truly the fastest one and it isn't totally hard but you have to be careful for the A.I. can be really annoying. You have to make sure to get the shields when ever possible. This is one of my games i want a sequel in my thread.

Everyone get this game and stick to it till you get higher speed classes for this game rocks!

Jayhawk
02-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I have quantum redshift and I want to get rid of it so if anyone wants it i will trade it. I agree that it is an awesome and fast game but I just dont have time to play it. :(