PDA

View Full Version : EA’s next Bond game to be based on GoldenEye

Uchiha Sasuke
02-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Much to the delight of gamers everywhere Electronic Art’s next Bond game will be based on the 1995 movie GoldenEye. Yes, the same movie that inspired one of the greatest first person shooters and N64 games of all time, created by the masterminds at Rare.

Interestingly enough, EA will not employ the services of UK developer Free Radical Design for their new Bond game despite the fact that Free Radical is made up of former Rare employees. EA has stated that the Bond franchise has been and will continue to be handled by their Redwood Shores and Los Angeles studios, and that their agreement with Free Radical is limited to the next installment in the TimeSplitters franchise.

Other than that little tidbit of information, EA has remained very tight-lipped about their plans and would not even provide final confirmation that a GoldenEye title is being worked on. At this point it is not even known whether it will be a direct sequel, a rehash of the N64 hit, or a totally new idea built around the plot of the movie.

According to Gamesindustry.biz, the plan is to unveil the new GoldenEye at E3 as one of the key titles on display at the EA booth. You can rest assured that we will be there to bring you the latest and greatest news on this exciting announcement as it unfolds.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=626

LiquidX
02-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Man... i hope they just take the old Goldeneye and give it better graphics, sound, and some cinematics. And more multiplayer options. I have a feeling that if EA tried to make their own completely new Goldeneye they would extremely screw it up.

Uchiha Sasuke
02-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I really believe those tard at EA should just let Free Radical handle the damn game. It would probably turn out a lot better than anything EA can come up with.

colosso
02-13-2004, 03:52 PM
BOYCOTT EA:yikes:

LTM360
02-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
Much to the delight of gamers everywhere Electronic Art’s next Bond game will be based on the 1995 movie GoldenEye. [/url]

... this doesn't delight me at all. The point it RARE made Goldeneye great, not the liscense... Why can't EA or anyone else see that? All of the 007 would've been good had they been made by RARE, not EA. EA ruined 007, and everything it was, and could've been.

Brutus
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm in your same boat! Let's all sign a petition or something! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!
-BRUTUS

Originally posted by colosso
BOYCOTT EA:yikes:

Stormlord
02-13-2004, 06:28 PM
I see a great travesty brewing hear. First they're probably going to change the game completely and of course on Xbox and GC standards will look and play terrible just for the PS2's limitation. PS2 can produce some awesome looking games but EA aren't really the ones that can get it to do it. Also mulitplayer, this might hurt the Xbox seeing as there's a chance that about EA and MS making up is BS.

gamer247365
02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
i jus want them to re-make Goldeneye on xbox. SAME EXACT GAME but, better grafics, and stuff like that. so basically i want a tricked-out goldeneye

ShannonX
02-13-2004, 06:49 PM
lets just hope the dont butcher it and turn it into a 3rd person shooter like their last bond game. I played the demo and was completely, not impressed. It took away from the series and the game in my opinion. Just didn't feel like a true bond game to me.

Variation-XBA
02-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
lets just hope the dont butcher it and turn it into a 3rd person shooter like their last bond game. I played the demo and was completely, not impressed. It took away from the series and the game in my opinion. Just didn't feel like a true bond game to me.

I welcomed the change, as the past 3? 4? Bond games have sucked bad... I see it completely different, and will try the new one..

As for Goldeneye...why do I have a feeling it wont be the same as the 64 version... and LIVE would compliment it so well, but thanks alot EA.....

Slacker
02-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Im really bummed now , EA makes nothin but crap these days, I have a N64 and Golden eye and I Know it will still be better than anything the slock Jawed drooling brain dead Money puppets at EA can make

WynnFire
02-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
I really believe those tard at EA should just let Free Radical handle the damn game. It would probably turn out a lot better than anything EA can come up with.

Yes! I still have more fun with Rare's Goldeneye game (which is the only reason I kept my N64) than every bond game EA has come up with. I can't stand (or finish) their new bond game demo, I'm bored with it.

Duke
02-14-2004, 09:04 AM
I just don't think I'll be impressed by this.

Goldeneye was great because it was more or less revolutionary. That game made me a fan of FPS. Let it be what it was, and don't try to remake it.

Especially EA, they've shown time and again their complete lack of skill when dealing w/ this license.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:09 PM
yeah sure, buddy...

mayo_nase2000
02-19-2004, 05:14 PM
I think most Bond games now a days are pretty cheesey. But Goldeneye on N64 is an instant classic. I love that game!

Hawkhead11
02-19-2004, 09:41 PM
of course theyll screw it up...theyre ea, theyll probable make it 3rd person, dumbist idea in the bond series.

themoosearmy
02-19-2004, 11:31 PM
If they ruin Goldeneye, I'm going to seriously start doubting that EA has any power to make a good game. The only thing keeping me a semi-ea player is MoH and madden, but if Goldeneye is ruined...then EA: "all your base are belong to us"

Brutus
02-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy
If they ruin Goldeneye, I'm going to seriously start doubting that EA has any power to make a good game. The only thing keeping me a semi-ea player is MoH and madden, but if Goldeneye is ruined...then EA: "all your base are belong to us"
Alright Moose. Now if only they'd support Live, it'd be pretty nice, eh?

GokuX
02-20-2004, 09:27 AM
They're either out of ideas or incredibly confident. The game already starts off at a disadvantage because EA's name is attached to it. None of their other Bond titles manage to instill me with much confidence that they would be able to pull off a game that is 1/2 as good. How did that ancient story go......the guy made the wings out of feathers and wax so he could fly. He flew too close to the sun and the wax melted, causing him to plunge back toward the earth.

WynnFire
02-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
How did that ancient story go......the guy made the wings out of feathers and wax so he could fly. He flew too close to the sun and the wax melted, causing him to plunge back toward the earth.

Actually it was his arrogant son, Icarus, that flew too close to the sun and melted the wax.

Daedalus and Icarus were an Athenian craftsman and his son. They were exiled in Crete after Daedalus murdered his apprentice whose skill was greater than his master's. When the father and son were imprisoned by the king of Crete, the inventor made wings from feathers and wax so that he and his son could escape by flying away. Despite his father's warnings, Icarus flew too close the sun. The wax in his wings melted and he perished while his father flew to safety.

Conchord
02-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Capitalizing on someone elses success...how french of you! EA will not make it live compatible, so i say **** em!

:cheers:

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 05:26 AM
True, true.