PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone find XBoxes in Retail stores yet?

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 12:29 PM
I work part-time at an Electronics store...and, we still have people camping outside when they get wind that XBoxes are coming in. We can't get them to even go on the shelves before they are sold! No joke! I'm in Seattle...but, are things like this happening in your area?

-Maximus

EthanQT
01-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Many stores that I went to still dont have them on the shelves yet. Always got a response like "Check back this weekend, I think we have some shipments coming in." And I live in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area - the capital of pot holes :p

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 12:48 PM
lol, Ethan...I'm so happy I bought mine the very day it came out :D All I see is a bunch of disappointed customers when they come in and find out that we are sold out of XBox. By the way, folks...We have tons of LameCubes :D

BDHES
01-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Here in San Antonio, I see them everywhere..even Target has one or two in the display case most days. Makes me laugh as I was watching the newspapers and Ebay before Christmas and saw all the bloodsuckers trying to get $800-$1000 for an X-Box. Guess they thought it was going to be the PS2 fiasco from last Christmas. Oh well, a loss for them means a gain for us.
Adios,
BDHES
:cool:

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BDHES
Here in San Antonio, I see them everywhere..even Target has one or two in the display case most days. Makes me laugh as I was watching the newspapers and Ebay before Christmas and saw all the bloodsuckers trying to get $800-$1000 for an X-Box. Guess they thought it was going to be the PS2 fiasco from last Christmas. Oh well, a loss for them means a gain for us.
Adios,
BDHES

Wow, that's really interesting! I can't find one anywhere...but, of course, it's not as if I am worried about it, personally since I have one. People come in asking for XBoxes every single day...but, to no avail...I just point them to all the people still camping outside to get one :D

BDHES
01-08-2002, 01:02 PM
That would truly be the pits to still be waiting in line for an X-Box this long after X-mas. Thankfully I just watched the patterns at Target and happen to work about two minutes from one, slipped the electonics clerk my card and a 10 spot and asked her to call me when they got a shipment in. Next day....Bingo...X-Box and Halo/PGR and I was off and running. Life is truly good! lol

Adios,
BDHES

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 01:05 PM
That would truly be the pits to still be waiting in line for an X-Box this long after X-mas. Thankfully I just watched the patterns at Target and happen to work about two minutes from one, slipped the electonics clerk my card and a 10 spot and asked her to call me when they got a shipment in. Next day....Bingo...X-Box and Halo/PGR and I was off and running. Life is truly good! lol

Adios,
BDHES

Sweet, dude! Welcome to gaming euphoria :D

Hugh_Jass
01-08-2002, 01:27 PM

Adios,
BDHES

If she knows the value of XBOX and money I think you should marry her.

Shadow Fox
01-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
lol, Ethan...I'm so happy I bought mine the very day it came out :D All I see is a bunch of disappointed customers when they come in and find out that we are sold out of XBox. By the way, folks...We have tons of LameCubes :D Must be nice; here in the Atlanta/SC/TN/NC locations, GCNs and Xboxes were impossible to find after launch, full in-stock two-weeks prior to Xmas, and are now hard to find again.

GCN's are all sold out in the southeast in retailers (that sell just the console w/o bundles) and every Babbages/EB I've seen have been full of Xboxes and GCNs since after launch...Why? $400-$500 for a bundle you can go get elsewhere. Before launch, when you had no choice, those bundles sold thru the roof.

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Must be nice; here in the Atlanta/SC/TN/NC locations, GCNs and Xboxes were impossible to find after launch, full in-stock two-weeks prior to Xmas, and are now hard to find again.

GCN's are all sold out in the southeast in retailers (that sell just the console w/o bundles) and every Babbages/EB I've seen have been full of Xboxes and GCNs since after launch...Why? $400-$500 for a bundle you can go get elsewhere. Before launch, when you had no choice, those bundles sold thru the roof.

If you ask me, bundles are good, especially if they give you the opportunity to pick out your games. Anyone that has the XBox will end up spending alteast that amount in their first month anyway. There are so many great games out right now...I am currently sitting on nine of them. That is almost unheard of by looking at my gaming history in regards to how short of time a console has been on the market.

BDHES
01-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

If she knows the value of XBOX and money I think you should marry her.

You're killing me! Unfortunately, my fiance' would probably kill me for marrying twice in the same year..not to mention the fact that I'm just getting her broken in to the sounds of Halo and Max floating out of the living room at all hours...:D

Adios,
BDHES

LynxFX
01-08-2002, 01:53 PM
I have yet to see an XBOX on store shelves. I've seen tons of PS2. Infact the local Circuit City has a round tower built out of them. Probably 75 total and it has been there since the launch of the xbox back in Nov. It has dwindled down a little bit but not by much. I've seen GC's on the shelves at quite a few places but lately haven't seen many of those either.

Good year to be a console manufacturer. :)

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Yeah, no kidding! I live in the Seattle area near Microsoft headquarters. One would think that they would be available around here...but, no where to be found!

I mean, there are some, it's just that they are sold out before stores take them out of their back stock :D

Ninja Scroll
01-08-2002, 02:09 PM
YO maxi-pad-imus, your hero & role model 4ever lives on the East Coast. In DC,MD,& VA you can find Xbox's everywhere.
Since all the retailers have dropped the bundle packs they seems to keep a good amount of units in store.
But it's a different story for the KiddyCubes.:eek: All the retailers up here are having problems with Nintendo shortages!
Go figure!:o

Shadow Fox
01-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
YO maxi-pad-imus, your hero & role model 4ever lives on the East Coast. In DC,MD,& VA you can find Xbox's everywhere.
Since all the retailers have dropped the bundle packs they seems to keep a good amount of units in store.
But it's a different story for the KiddyCubes.:eek: All the retailers up here are having problems with Nintendo shortages!
Go figure!:o This is true; I'm thinking this is because Japanese shipping thru California takes a bit; it's been this way for Arcade games and some early PSX games...

Yup, GameCubes are rather scarce here, but I've found that you can get one at any Target for some reason (along with a SLEW of Xboxes) w/o the preorder bundle mumbo-jumbo. Why this is, I have no clue; I'm assuming that people just don't go to Target to buy a console anymore...

Meanwhile, ToysRus, WalMart, KMart, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy, Sears, and tons of other retailers have d@mn-near bare walls...

Ninja Scroll
01-08-2002, 02:35 PM
Shadow Fox, where are you from yo?
I guess you got a good point on the KiddyCube shortage thing.
Honestly, I have never seen a Cube in any store now that I think about it since launch.
Maybe if Ninten-dont (hehe Sega dis) were to meet demand things would be different in the console wars!
Im still pulling for Xbox. Im still getting a KiddyCube whenever those b@stards produce a version of blue!
Man, im starving for Resident Evil!!!!!!!!!!:(

StUmPy01
01-08-2002, 02:46 PM
were any of you smart enough to pre-order yours, like me?

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by StUmPy01

I camped :D

Shadow Fox
01-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Shadow Fox, where are you from yo?
I guess you got a good point on the KiddyCube shortage thing.
Honestly, I have never seen a Cube in any store now that I think about it since launch.
Maybe if Ninten-dont (hehe Sega dis) were to meet demand things would be different in the console wars!
Im still pulling for Xbox. Im still getting a KiddyCube whenever those b@stards produce a version of blue!
Man, im starving for Resident Evil!!!!!!!!!!:( Born and raised in tha ATL, Ninja Scroll...you know, Ludicris, Outkast, and all that...:D

GameCube isn't gonna meet demands unless it ships harder on the east coast; I've seen more ebay orders coming this way than anything. I highly doubt GCN will be in blue anytime soon, though, if at all. If not, you've currently got Black (jet), Violet (indigo), and Orange (spice) hues to choose from. I believe there's a clear/silver versions coming soon, too; but I'd kill for a red (crimson) version...:D
were any of you smart enough to pre-order yours, like me?Preordered me Xbox in August, and began preordering my GCN back in April 00' (right after I got my PS2 :( )...could only put down like $50 on the thing at first; cuz Software Etc. had no clue when the GCN would ship. So I kept paying them as they got more info and a definated date; needless to say I was ****ed when they changed the launch dates around twice more for Xbox and GCN....:mad:

So on the friday after Xbox launch, I walked into EB and picked up my Xbox, and that Sunday, I went back to the same mall to pick up two GCN's from Software Etc.:D:D

No waiting, no probs...and it better not have been; I'd been paying on those things for a year+ now....

Ninja Scroll
01-08-2002, 03:04 PM

pre-order what? A KiddyCube?! lololololololoool pleeeeeeeeease!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GamingFreak
01-08-2002, 03:29 PM
At first when xbox launched until about the beginning of december.. xbox's were extremely hard to get a hold of, but now they always have them in stock at the local walmart.. and kmart! lol

well for one reason i live in east Tennessee, so that's probably why, most people here don't even know what an xbox is lolol.

Xboxmaster2001
01-08-2002, 03:32 PM
i live in wisconsin and we have a bunch also

JohnB
01-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Adios,
BDHES

Hey I'm from San Antonio, too. I just came from the Best Buy at the Forum (finally bought PGR). Anyway, they had ONE lonely Xbox sitting on the shelf. I should have checked how many Cubes there were. I am sure there were quite a bit on the shelf. There were people watching and playing that Nascar game on the Xbox. It was kinda funny; this guy sat there doing burnouts for so long. No one was around the Cube....

Shadow Fox
01-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by GamingFreak
well for one reason i live in east Tennessee, so that's probably why, most people here don't even know what an xbox is lolol. You live anywhere near Knoxville, GF?

Most of my old college chums I visit are primarily from Chattanooga or North Memphis, so I can't really say I've been to that side lately.

I was on tour with 4/14 (my old USMC artillery unit) in Knoxville for awhile back in 99-00' though...lots of stripper clubs there...:D

manasecret
01-08-2002, 04:37 PM
I have seen neither a Gamecube nor an XBox on store shelves over the holidays, and I happened to be in many stores over that time looking for other things. But I have a feeling they might keep them off the shelves and in the back so that you have to ask if they have them.

Just a few days ago my friend walked into a Gamestop.com (used to be Funcoland a few months ago) and bought a stand-alone XBox console. For some reason he thought the games were $70, which he didn't have the money for, but then I told him they were $50 and we went home with Halo.

So, uh... yeah.

db

Shadow Fox
01-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by manasecret
I have seen neither a Gamecube nor an XBox on store shelves over the holidays, and I happened to be in many stores over that time looking for other things. But I have a feeling they might keep them off the shelves and in the back so that you have to ask if they have them.

Just a few days ago my friend walked into a Gamestop.com (used to be Funcoland a few months ago) and bought a stand-alone XBox console. For some reason he thought the games were $70, which he didn't have the money for, but then I told him they were $50 and we went home with Halo.

So, uh... yeah.

db Manasecret, nice to run into you here....

I assume you don't remember me from NDose/early GT days, but stop by NDose II when you get a chance...most of us are still there...:D

Halo=Perfect Dark+Half-Life+Red Faction+extra Marines!!!!:D:D

Return to Wolfenstien=(diety of your choice) in first person

GamingFreak
01-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
You live anywhere near Knoxville, GF?

Most of my old college chums I visit are primarily from Chattanooga or North Memphis, so I can't really say I've been to that side lately.

I was on tour with 4/14 (my old USMC artillery unit) in Knoxville for awhile back in 99-00' though...lots of stripper clubs there...:D

yeah man i live around the knoxville area :)

XBOX Dude
01-08-2002, 06:42 PM
the xbox's here in IL don't last very long, one of my brothers freinds saved up money after christmas to get an xbox "i thought he had a snowball's chance in hell" but wouldn't ya know it he showed up as it was being delivered. anyhow both consoles are doing really well but honestly i have seen more gamecubes then xbox's sitting around.

WynnFire
01-08-2002, 08:55 PM
To my amazement, I have seen some in the Targets and Funcolands near me. I used to like Target but, now everyone I have been to has a broken Xbox display. They say it doesn't work. It's just on the wrong channel, they used to do the same thing with the PS2 when the Xbox first came out. Bastards!

SciFi
01-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I camped :D
Paid a guy to camp 9h. for me... He even delivered:D

SciFi
01-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Here there were Xboxses in Best buy 2 weeks before Xmas, TH gamecubes were in high supply in Target-Type stores since a week after lounch and now you can find both.

Hugh_Jass
01-09-2002, 11:29 AM
I walked into Walmart at 11:45pm on 11/14 and walked out with an XBOX at 12:10 a.m. on 11/15.

I haven't looked for them in stores since then.