PDA

View Full Version : S video cable// Interact vs. Monster

tbird
01-08-2002, 01:35 PM
I bought an Interact S Video ccable and it definately looks better than the regular AV cable hookup. My question is that I'm wondering if I'll get a much better picture if I'd buy a monster S Video cable. Has anyone brought an S Video cable and then bought a monster one?

Any difference? Any substantial difference in picture. Please give me your comments .

thx

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Tbird...the difference, if any, would be very tiny. Going from S-Video to a higher end S-Video cable wouldn't make much of a difference, insofar as being noticeable.

I have the Advanced A/V Pack (this is the S-Video pack by Microsoft) and I, also, see a huge difference when comparing it with the standard composite video cables that come with the XBox.

Unless you get an HDTV or something, that is where you want to buy a nice high-end connection...preferably Component Video :D Or like a Monster 300 series cable. If you go Plasma, get Monster 400s :D

tbird
01-09-2002, 10:16 AM
thank you Maximus ...

Hugh_Jass
01-09-2002, 12:07 PM
I would recommend gold-plated connectors. Gold is a better conductor and they don't corrode as easily. You may not notice a visual difference but they should maintain the quality of the image longer than a lower-grade conductor.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 12:11 PM
It is also my experience that you won't see much of a difference comparing S-Video with Component video with a TV that is smaller than a 36" TV. Anything bigger, you will see a difference.

Also, Hugh makes an excellent point. Gold is a much better conductor...but, to my knowledge, the Interact S-Video cables are gold...I think, anyway. I know that the Advanced A/V Pack is gold that Microsoft puts out.

tbird
01-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Well The Interact Cables aren't gold plated ...