PDA

View Full Version : Recharging Morrowinds enchanted weapons?

brozz
02-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Ok Morrowind addicts, I have a question, it's probably silly to you guys, but it's driving me insane.
When a magic weapon runs out of magic, how can I recharge it?

Am I stuck with the weapons the game gives me? Or can I create my own custom weapons by enchanting them?

I just figured out how to soul trap, but I need to find better soul gems and trap some better creatures.

I know this is kinda vague, but I'm completely confused at the moment .... heeeeeeeeeeeeelp !!!!!

Thanx in advance

Brozz

Lord Vivic
02-14-2004, 11:34 AM
You can create new enchanted weapons,if you successfully soul trap a creature you can click on the gem and click enchant.It is better to go to a person that makes them for you so it works every time......of course you need $$$$$.In order to make enchanted items you need to have the spells in your inventory.

You can recharge a weapon by getting a gem with a soul in it and clicking on it and you can choose the option of recharging it.Or you can sleep for 24 hours and the weapon will recharge.

TuffEagle88
02-21-2004, 05:59 PM
hey since we are on the topic, is the grand soul gem the largest?

And in order to add more effects you have to have captured a more powerful creature in a larger gem, correct?

Final question, can you capture people, daedrics, or anthing other than animals and monsters?

Shadow20002
02-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Try to catch God Vivec if you want. :)

By the way, the Azura's Star is the only one that can use unlimited.

Max33
02-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey guy's I'm also intrested in creating my own enchanted items & armour. My questions are how to step by step or possibly a site that explains. Can I create something with a constant atribute enhancing effect? Im a bit ignorant when it comes to this aspect of the game.

Shadow20002
02-25-2004, 04:25 PM
First of all, you need a grand soul gem or Azura's Star. The only ennemies that have the ability to create a constant effect is a Golden Saint ( Female with the golden suit) and the Ascend Sleeper. For Golden Saints, when you reach around level 20, there are many will appear as random places of daedric ruins. For Ascend Sleepers, try to go in the place near of Dargoth Ur. With theses, you can enchant you armors, weapons, rings, amulets and clothes with constant effect. ;)

Max33
02-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Right on , grats for the info. I know how to soul trap it's the actually mechanics involved in creating the items thats a mystery,otherwise I can pretty much slap the whole contient around(with the exception of the Vivic fella). What I was actually thinking of doing was boosting my strength (currently with the glove I found I can carry about 585)so's i kin git the Gods Hammer in Mornhold & start whallop'n folks on the head.

TuffEagle88
02-26-2004, 09:15 PM
to acyually enchant an item, you can click on a soul gem that has a soul in it, it will ask you if you want to enchant an item or fill an enchanted item's magic meter. When you choose to enchant an item it will bring you to a menu where you can click which item to enchant, with what spell and how much power to give the spell.
This way doesn't always work, and depends on your enchantment skill, and if you fail the soul gem is destroyed.

Now the better way to do it is to simply pay an enchanter to enchant the item for you, you have all of the same options, only you have to pay them some money. I'm not sure but I bet it can get quite expensive.

Max33
02-28-2004, 12:06 PM
So for instance I wanna create an item that fortifies strength a certain percent I need a corasponding spell ? If so whats the best way of obtaining/creating said spell?

Lord Vivic
02-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Any other questions???

Max33
02-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Did yer Mom ever get any anal shrink cream & are her lips stiil stuck together?

bobpriestess
03-02-2004, 02:42 PM
The best way to fortify strength while getting the most bang for your buck is to buy exquisite clothing and enchant it for a constant effect fortification of strength. I also recommend having a professional enchanter doing it, unless you just have about a 70 or higher enchant skill. The clothing is lightweight and holds a strong enchantment...think 'fists of randagulf' strong. Oh, and Sadrith Mora has a lot of great spells, yes, but keep in mind the telvanni compaound in Vivec.

Max33
03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all the help guys I really appreaite it.

bobpriestess
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
...is it really annoying when those stupid greater bonewalkers put a permanent drain on your stats? I hate having to unequip my fortifying articles just to fix my hard-earned stats. I am currently developing (or trying to) a weapon/armor/whatever to permantently resist that little problem, so that the Brodir's Grove boosts shall not be in vain.

Lord Vivic
03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
There are many ways of creating those potions,it is best to just find one and use it.

TuffEagle88
03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
my alchemy really sucks, I mean realllyyyy badly. I has all questions next to mazte, but anyways, if I follow directions in books I can still mix potions right?

Shadow20002
03-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bobpriestess
...is it really annoying when those stupid greater bonewalkers put a permanent drain on your stats? I hate having to unequip my fortifying articles just to fix my hard-earned stats. I am currently developing (or trying to) a weapon/armor/whatever to permantently resist that little problem, so that the Brodir's Grove boosts shall not be in vain.

Well, find the nearest fort and search for the table of altar. You can restore your stats for 35 golds. Or create a restore attributes's spell which only cost you like 10 mana.

Lord Vivic
03-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Looks like Shadow is catching on to the game just fine.:) :)