PDA

View Full Version : I'm boycotting EA

nateman
02-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm boycotting EA until the y suppot Xbox Live, who's with me!?

Nameless
02-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Wow, I'm sure EA will notice :rolleyes:.
Btw, not with you.

SPARTAN VI
02-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by nateman

Good for you. :cheers:

*plays BF1942*

gamer247365
02-14-2004, 02:05 PM

you go ahead and do that...meanwhile, im be playin 007: everything or nothing

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 02:06 PM

Stand in line, man...lol...there's tons of dudes on here boycotting EA. I can't remember the last EA game I ever bought, so, I guess I'm right there with you, too :D

By the way, welcome to the XBA brethren :)

Ugunnalose
02-14-2004, 03:46 PM
yeah good luck with that in the meantime im gonna go play some kickass ea games

BananaMan
02-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Some EA games are good. Even if they're not on live. And their PC games are killer. But it would be alot better if they would make some live games.

nateman
02-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ugunnalose
yeah good luck with that in the meantime im gonna go play some kickass ea games

Yea by yourself and not on XBL!

gamer247365
02-14-2004, 05:09 PM
how do you know he'll be playin by himself? he could be playin spit-screen with a friend.

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Honestly, the only decent console EA games are the sports games, IMO...and those got buried by the recent blow through with the ESPN series.

LiquidX
02-14-2004, 06:18 PM
(in valley girl voice) This is sooo last year.

Come on dude. Games do not HAVE to be live to be good. How about we boycott Rockstar for not making GTA online? Or how about Vivendi for not making Metal Arms live? While we're at it lets sue Bungie and MS for not making the original Halo Live? I mean the technology was available to them they should have used it or never put it on the Xbox! :rolleyes: Come on... this is like refusing to play baseball if you cant be the pitcher or football if you cant be the quarterback.

nateman
02-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX

Come on dude. Games do not HAVE to be live to be good. How about we boycott Rockstar for not making GTA online? Or how about Vivendi for not making Metal Arms live? While we're at it lets sue Bungie and MS for not making the original Halo Live? I mean the technology was available to them they should have used it or never put it on the Xbox! :rolleyes: Come on... this is like refusing to play baseball if you cant be the pitcher or football if you cant be the quarterback.

GTA doesn't even have multiplayer.And with Halo, it was out before Xbox Live could be tweaked on it.

Hero
02-14-2004, 06:56 PM

me and my brothers are with you man... theres always an alternative to any EA games and IMO i dont liket thier games anywayz..i wont buy any of thier games till they make a xbox live soccer game :mad:

LiquidX
02-14-2004, 07:06 PM

GTA doesn't even have multiplayer.And with Halo, it was out before Xbox Live could be tweaked on it.

GTA has multiplayer on the PC. You have to download something but Rockstar COULD have done it. Microsoft knew they were going to have Live so they COULD have done it too. Just because there is no live doesnt mean the game should be avoided at all costs.

colosso
02-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm boycotting EA until the y suppot Xbox Live, who's with me!? so far i own 35 games and none of those are from EA,so i am with you buddy and don't pay attetion to those who like to play alone in dark,just keep the boycott going like me,EA sucks:cheers:

jelgiad
02-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Truthfully, if a game is good, i am going to play it no matter who makes it. I dont really play sports games, so i could care less about ea in that respect, but i do have The two towers, and plan on getting return of the king after a price drop. And as far as pc's go, its BF 1942 all the way :cheers:

colosso
02-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
Truthfully, if a game is good, i am going to play it no matter who makes it. I dont really play sports games, so i could care less about ea in that respect, but i do have The two towers, and plan on getting return of the king after a price drop. And as far as pc's go, its BF 1942 all the way :cheers: it's all about CALL OF DUTY these days and soon HALF-LIFE 2 will take the tittle back as the best pc game ever. :cheers:

CharlieHustle
02-14-2004, 07:56 PM

Liquid what are you talkin about??you are coming way from the left field... I believe that he is talkin about the fact that EA games are online for the ps2, but not online because of the politics of being LIVE enabled... I feel cheated that the PS2 users are gonna have online play for their upcoming boxing game, and us xbox users are not, just like madden and what not. Its not like ea doesnt know how to make the games online, they just chose not to, thats all.. I dont actually boycot ea games, i just choose not to play their games because i feel cheated that i pay the same 50 bones for an ea game like the PS2 users and my games are worth less than the other console. They should make their games for the XBOX 39.99 since we cant play them online but the ps2 users can.

LiquidX
02-14-2004, 08:20 PM
All im saying is just because its not live doesnt instantly make it a bad game that no one should ever buy. If you refuse to buy a game just because its not live (which some people do) your just limiting your gaming experience. That $39.99 for the EA games since theyre not live is a great idea though.

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 08:57 PM
It seems obvious to me that if a person is very interested in playing XBox Live enabled games to simply boycott EA because of their stubborness for making games XBL compatible.

I mean, many of EA's games are on-line compatible for the PoS2 and, of course, PC...but, not XBox.

I will agree that EA makes some great games, however, I don't respect any company that wants control of their fan base by making Madden 2003 on-line compatible but then "pulls the plug", so to speak, when Madden 2004 comes out...and only Madden 2004 can be played on-line.

Microsoft went another route. Let's say you had NFL Fever 2003....and the year now is 2008. If you wanted to play Fever 2003 on-line in the year 2008 on XBox Live, you could.

This is EA's biggest gripe about Microsoft's XBox Live. If you ask me, EA is in the wrong.......and if any game company could be known as the "Dictator of Games", it would be EA.

Honestly, there's no game that EA makes that can't be topped by another company....none.

Slacker
02-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Hello! My name is Slacker ,,,,,,I am sad to say I own two EA games and I love them alot , they are called Road Rash and Road Rash 2 which i bought today,,,,,,but other than EA Sucks and I don't buy EA games

blackiee2002
02-14-2004, 09:34 PM
i am definately on that bandwagon:D

Koopa
02-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Good for you. :cheers:

*plays BF1942*

you wish:p

*goes and plays bf'42 for real*

*comes back*
yeah other than PC games that they get other devs to make (DICE made bf42, not EA), EA hasn't made jack **** that i liked...even C&C generals, which was made after they lobotomized and assimilated westwood, turned out just above average. the sims has turned into a huge cash whore after they sucked up maxis..and thats just pc games..

blackiee2002
02-14-2004, 10:23 PM
BF 1942 pfffffff

I will rather play star wars battlefron by Lucas arts:p

nateman
02-14-2004, 10:34 PM
So LiquidX you think EA should keep giving the insignificant PS2 the upper hand in online play!? It's a piece of ****

SPARTAN VI
02-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
BF 1942 pfffffff

I will rather play star wars battlefron by Lucas arts:p

Right. The game isn't out yet chum. Wouldn't want to withdraw a premature judgement now would ya?

l Maximus l
02-15-2004, 02:59 AM

Right. The game isn't out yet chum. Wouldn't want to withdraw a premature judgement now would ya?

He could be referring to the PC version...it's still debatable whether or not BF 1942 is coming to the XBox. But, even if it does, it'll likely be a waste of time unless it's XBL compatible, IMO.

SPARTAN VI
02-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

He could be referring to the PC version...it's still debatable whether or not BF 1942 is coming to the XBox. But, even if it does, it'll likely be a waste of time unless it's XBL compatible, IMO.

I know, but he's saying he'd rather be playing BattleFront (which isn't out yet on any platform) than BF1942. Can't pass judgement on a title that hasn't seen the sun yet.

l Maximus l
02-15-2004, 03:16 AM

I know, but he's saying he'd rather be playing BattleFront (which isn't out yet on any platform) than BF1942. Can't pass judgement on a title that hasn't seen the sun yet.

Ahhhh...now that makes sense. Sorry, but this champagn is messin' with me. I NEED A BEER!!!:cheers:

Major Havoc
02-15-2004, 04:39 AM
EA...No Live, No Buy!:D

Medel of Honor: Pacific Assualt for the PC looks cool though. Much better than that PS2ish FPSlite, WWII Pacific game that EA ported from the PS2 to the Xbox. Crap graphics, crap AI, crap controls and No Live, No Buy!

LiquidX
02-15-2004, 09:42 AM
So LiquidX you think EA should keep giving the insignificant PS2 the upper hand in online play!? It's a piece of ****

Ok, the PS2 is not all ****. I don't own one and probably never will but there are some games I like for it. Theres just more I want on Xbox. All im saying (and have said like 3 times) is that it's dumb to avoid playing a game at all costs just becase theres no Live for it. It is BS that EA doesnt take advantage of Live but that doesnt make their games instantly crap. There games are crap because of the gameplay. A crappy game is a crappy game even if there is Live for it. Would you buy Kabuki Warriors if it had Live? Would you not buy Rainbow Six 3 or Crimson Skies if they werent Live?

Trento52
02-15-2004, 11:29 AM
I actually don't hate ea games as much for i tried 007 nightfire and i thought it was pretty good. I like 007 and simcity but that is pretty much it. I have always liked the simcity stuff which ea only publishes.

Unreal
02-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Wow, I'm sure EA will notice :rolleyes:.
Btw, not with you.
lol :D

BTW, why would you care if EA supports live or not? This is not a question geared towards you Nameless. I for one like some EA games but I also dont care if they support live. Why would anyone care to play shoddy ports of games on live? But that is just my opinion.

Slowride
02-16-2004, 05:49 AM
I'd be with you man....but I love my ncaa 2004. I played that game to death. However, I will NOT buy 2005 unless it's live. And if it is live, then EA is genius. Cuz they just made EVERY ncaa fan buy it even if they have 2004.

Brutus
02-16-2004, 08:19 AM
ALright! Are we not men! We sit here and claim a boycott. But are we really doing our part! IT needs to go further than that! We need to get together! FInd the Email address to their Customer service dept and remind them 100 times a day how much they suck!
We need to feel their bellies full of lead and leave them choking in a pool of their own blood.
We also need to seek the people who do still buy their games and tell them about a different game that's better!
If we're going to boycott, then lets put away our skirts and go at it, full throttle!
Who's with me?!!!

blackiee2002
02-16-2004, 12:10 PM

Yeah ur right, but i will rather wait for it because i know it will be much better because, unlike EA, they actually like giving as good games and franchises, so they don't do half-ass jobs and bet on the "name tag" and popularity for it to sell. NO LIVE NO BUY its all i gotta say. i will whole heartedly support the developers and publihers who support the system, else, they can shove it

Brutus
02-16-2004, 01:45 PM
That's right. My dad always told me... Ex EA!
Go to that thread to support the precious box and get this thing underway! hahahahaha!
SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!

nateman
02-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm with ya Brutus.

CRAYMAN
02-16-2004, 03:56 PM

It is BS that EA doesnt take advantage of Live but that doesnt make their games instantly crap. There games are crap because of the gameplay. A crappy game is a crappy game even if there is Live for it. Would you buy Kabuki Warriors if it had Live? Would you not buy Rainbow Six 3 or Crimson Skies if they werent Live?

Actually, R63 gets boring quickly w/out LIVE, and LIVE is necessary for multiplayer.
I don't know about CS.
Sure some games are great online or not like MA:Glitch, but why should Xboxers not be able to play Madden online while PS2ers can???(a point previously made.)
I don't care for Madden anyway.

nateman
02-16-2004, 08:43 PM
bump

Brutus
02-17-2004, 08:52 AM
I have EA contacting me right now. 8 different times, actually. I keep telling the customer service dept that for NHL2004, Madden 2004 and NCAA and NBA live, the whole nine yards, aren't working. I keep telling them that I'm trying to find the download rosters, trying to play my brother on Live and the whole nine yards.
I seriously think that if they got a 100 of these a day, they'd probably start doing something about it, you know!? hahaha!
Support the EA ban! THey'll straighten up! Go to my dad always told me... Ex EA, to get a link to where you can complain in your own ways what's wrong with your new games! hahahah!
TECH SUPPORT!!!! AHAHAHAH!

nateman
02-17-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm going to amke a yahoo email account that is somthing like easux@yahoo.com but don't email to that it could be taken.

Brutus
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm going to amke a yahoo email account that is somthing like easux@yahoo.com but don't email to that it could be taken.
I love it Nateman!
Check the latest on what my dad told me!!'
I got their reply and they want to get some feedback on which games we think should support Live!

BinaryXtreme
02-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Then you don't respect Microsoft either. They are doing the same thing EA is doing. Microsoft has monopolized the pc markets for years with its operating system, illegally I might add as proven in the supreme court yet, all of these EA haters still own an XBOX. Kind of funny when I read that they are doing this out of principle yet by them just owning an XBOX goes against all they are fighting for.

Brutus
02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Then you don't respect Microsoft either. They are doing the same thing EA is doing. Microsoft has monopolized the pc markets for years with its operating system, illegally I might add as proven in the supreme court yet, all of these EA haters still own an XBOX. Kind of funny when I read that they are doing this out of principle yet by them just owning an XBOX goes against all they are fighting for.
Look, Binary! My Xbox supports Live and so does all of the better games in the world. I'm using windows now, happily, as so are yoU! I'm not being hypocritical you Sick Ducker! I'd boycott Microsoft too if they kept really cool things from us you dill hole! You need to realize what you are saying before you open your but t hole!!

CRAYMAN
02-17-2004, 02:43 PM

My grandmother always told me "You should keep your comments to yourself and be thought a fool, rather than share them with others and remove all doubt!" ;)

nateman
02-17-2004, 04:12 PM

You just keep your shirt - r going, but who will listen?

themoosearmy
02-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Boycott all you want, its your problem you have failed to make at least one friend that owns this game.

Not with you...always have been an EA fan.

Heavens Gate
02-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Microsoft and every other company make mistakes too. It's just dumb gaming politics bullsh*t. Companies (ala SEGA) are making better sports games than EA. I think EA makes great war sims but I don't think they will be on top in the future. SEGA rules in the sports department. Microsoft is not innocent either. Microsoft runs their own servers and wants it to stay that way. They COULD make a deal with EA if they wanted to. MS is just trying to take over the online gaming world and probably will someday.:)

Heavens Gate
02-18-2004, 05:56 AM

I agree 100% and you said it very well. Well done man:cheers:

mayo_nase2000
02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't have a problem with EA not having XBL games because I don't even have XBL yet. Until I do, I'll just have a jolly good time playing them anywayz.

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Brutus

Look, Binary! My Xbox supports Live and so does all of the better games in the world. I'm using windows now, happily, as so are yoU! I'm not being hypocritical you Sick Ducker! I'd boycott Microsoft too if they kept really cool things from us you dill hole! You need to realize what you are saying before you open your but t hole!!

That's a very well written post. I think if you want to be a part of these forums that you'll need to clean it up a little. No, my system that I'm on now is not windows based! I have forwarded this as well.

Happy Gaming

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate

I agree 100% and you said it very well. Well done man:cheers:

Thank you.....:D

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
Microsoft and every other company make mistakes too. It's just dumb gaming politics bullsh*t. Companies (ala SEGA) are making better sports games than EA. I think EA makes great war sims but I don't think they will be on top in the future. SEGA rules in the sports department. Microsoft is not innocent either. Microsoft runs their own servers and wants it to stay that way. They COULD make a deal with EA if they wanted to. MS is just trying to take over the online gaming world and probably will someday.:)

Very well said. Nice to read some positive well written posts in these forums. I think we all need to post more intelligent posts here like yours instead of all the flaming that seems to be EA related for some reason. Well done....

Happy Gaming

Brutus
02-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Box Wallace B.) - 02/18/2004 11:19 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your e-mail to EA Technical Support.

I'm very sorry to hear that.
I agree with you in a lot of ways.
Xbox games do look and play a lot better however we only have online support for
the Playstation 2.
Hopefully in the future we will support Xbox live.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

If this still does not help please let me know so I can further assist you in
finding a resolution to this.

Thank you for your time.
Wallace B.
EA TechSupport

See. Even good ole' Wallace wishes their was LIve support. He IS EA. Some of you, I don't understand...

CRAYMAN
02-19-2004, 10:10 AM

Very well said. Nice to read some positive well written posts in these forums. I think we all need to post more intelligent posts here like yours instead of all the flaming that seems to be EA related for some reason. Well done....

Happy Gaming

Who are you?...The Official EA love child!

:o

Yankeez
02-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

Who are you?...The Official EA love child!

:o well if you guys are trying to hard to get ea to enable xbox live for their games and going through all this, you must really not think they suck

CRAYMAN
02-19-2004, 10:19 AM

1. How was the Microsoft "lawsuit" the same as EA not wanting to concede to the Xbox Live standards :huh:

2. The Microsoft Supreme Court case did not prove that MS was illegally monopolizing the pc market.

Brutus
02-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
well if you guys are trying to hard to get ea to enable xbox live for their games and going through all this, you must really not think they suck
Yeah. They would be cool if they played their cards right. If EA wanted to monopolize the game market, I wouldn't care... As long as they did it better than everyone else.
I'll probably buy madden and Ncaa if they had modified rosters and the whole nine yards.
Until then: Boycott- yes. Hatred- yes.
New change a coming: No more Hatred. No more Boycott.
I'll wash his hands if they scrub our backs. You know?

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

1. How was the Microsoft "lawsuit" the same as EA not wanting to concede to the Xbox Live standards :huh:

2. The Microsoft Supreme Court case did not prove that MS was illegally monopolizing the pc market.

WRONG! It was proven in the supreme court that Microsoft was guilty of monopolizing the pc market. You need to do your research before you make a reply like that. I can prove it a thousand times over but here's just one, http://www.infoplease.com/spot/microsoft4.html

It's the same if you read the post. These threads have started because gamers are upset because EA will not make Live enabled games. They want to provide their own on line capability. It's just a comparison but not even going there, the fact that these type of responses go on in these forums is just rediculous. I make a post and get called names. Then again, I'm not the one getting strikes thrown against me. I just think we all need to calm down and start posting, even if we disagree, our opinions without insulting each other. Everyone here is an XBOX fan.

Happy Gaming...

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
well if you guys are trying to hard to get ea to enable xbox live for their games and going through all this, you must really not think they suck

Great post! Two thumbs up!

Brutus
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
I thought that I might make sense to clueless gamers like Binary Extreme if I spoke the way his words look to me:
Here's to you Binary Ex-Extreme:
1000100010000111101100100101001010110101001101010011011001011000100010000111101100100101001010110101 0011010100110110010110001000100001111011001001010010101101010011010100110110010110001000100001111011 0010010100101011010100110101001101100101
1000100001111011001001010010101101010011010100110110010110001000100001111011001001010010101101010011 0101001101100101100010001000011110110010010100101011010100110101001101100101
1000100010000111101100100101001010110101001101010011011001011000100010000111101100100101001010110101 00110101001101100101
1000100010000111101100100101001010110101001101010011011001011000100010000111101100100101001010110101 0011010100110110010110001000100001111011001001010010101110001000100001111101001
Basically I called him a buch of names! hahahahaha!
Spirit of Vengar!
-Brutus!

nateman
02-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Microsoft and EA are going to have a meeting about XBL. I 4get where I read it, but...I did.

CRAYMAN
02-19-2004, 05:47 PM

WRONG! It was proven in the supreme court that Microsoft was guilty of monopolizing the pc market. You need to do your research before you make a reply like that. I can prove it a thousand times over but here's just one, http://www.infoplease.com/spot/microsoft4.html

It's the same if you read the post. These threads have started because gamers are upset because EA will not make Live enabled games. They want to provide their own on line capability. It's just a comparison but not even going there, the fact that these type of responses go on in these forums is just rediculous. I make a post and get called names. Then again, I'm not the one getting strikes thrown against me. I just think we all need to calm down and start posting, even if we disagree, our opinions without insulting each other. Everyone here is an XBOX fan.

Happy Gaming...

Again you're WRONG! And I don't have to do any "research to know that Just because someone is convicted, that doesn't PROVE that they are guilty as you are stating.
Microsoft was giving their product away FREE to entrench themselves in that market place and Netscape and others were having to charge for theirs. Consumers were the beneficiaries of this "crime". :eek:

Secondly, the Microsoft "lawsuit" is nowhere even in the same vicinity as being the same as EA not wanting to concede to the Xbox Live standards. For you to keep saying that "that" is a good comparison is comical. :rofl:

nateman
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
It must suck to be BianaryXtreme.:cheers:

zero_ilesm
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
dont boycott one of the greatest companies. whos cares if theres no xbl. sure its a downer, but all their games are very good.

BinaryXtreme
02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
It must suck to be BianaryXtreme.:cheers:

What? You guys gotta grow up. This noob is getting in on this and doesn't know a damn thing about it. This guys been a member for 5 pathetic days and posts something as stupid as this. Nice spelling too in your posts there big guy.

Brutus
02-20-2004, 01:54 PM

What? You guys gotta grow up. This noob is getting in on this and doesn't know a damn thing about it. Idiot!
Oh, come on, Binary. Don't cry. We all know that the only one who doesn't know anything about this thread is you!