PDA

View Full Version : Unreal II and suggestions

Veno
02-14-2004, 02:22 PM
I just had a tumor removed from my shoulder, and a friend of mine gave me a $50 gift certificate to Joko to make me feel better or some ****. Joko's my neighborhood video game shop. And now my friend Roy won't stop bothering me about going and buying something from there. So now I have to buy a game in the next few days to make him leave me alone. I was planning on getting unreal ii, because the multiplayer is well done on the pc version but I just found out that it's 8 player only. Oh, also if you plan on playing unreal ii multiplayer, don't buy it, 8 player is not near enough players to make it entertaining. I find it annoying to play on 16 player because of how huge the maps are, let alone 8. I rented SWG once, got through the 4 planets, but then I got some bug when my ship got tractor beamed into Darth Rsomething's ship, and I couldn't leave and I had no previous save games. Anyone have a suggestion for a long lasting multiplayer fps/third person shooter on xbox live? Don't recommend rs3 either, got that on pc, and i heard xbox version is alot worse and a hell of alot buggier. Also don't recommend unreal championship, that game must be the worst port over of a pc game in the history of pc to console ports. It's ut2k3 without the good graphics, without the good frame rate, missing like 20 maps, without the ability to make new maps or download new maps, and ****ty gameplay due to the controls/controller.

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 02:48 PM
I still play Halo...every other game seems to fall way short of this amazing game. I'll likely play this until Halo 2 comes out (For FPSs anyway)

Cold_As_Ice
02-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Purchase Counter Strike or Rainbow Six 3 instead. I just reasently rented Unreal 2, and it's horrible. Avoid that game, honestly.:(

JJaX
02-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Veno
I rented SWG once, got through the 4 planets, but then I got some bug when my ship got tractor beamed into Darth Rsomething's ship, and I couldn't leave and I had no previous save games.

You mean knights of the old republic, not starwars galaxies.

And the tractor beam stuff, is supposed to happen. Try beating the level, its not a "bug" in the game.

Splinter-Seal
02-14-2004, 05:10 PM
I like Unreal II fine. It's nothing compared to Rainbow-6 however, yet it is better than Counter Strike IMO. Unreal II feels like a solid, yet unfinished concept, and the SP campaign absolutely sucks, again, IMO. It took me awhile to get the hang of the Online element of Unreal II, but once I did, it's proved enjoyable. However, I still find myself going back to Rainbow-6 -just an outstanding game. If you do not have Rainbow-6, grab that instead.

gamer247365
02-14-2004, 05:32 PM
unreal 2 sux

Cryogenic Pyro
02-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by gamer247365
unreal 2 sux
Way to contribute to the thread. :rolleyes: Care to elaborate as to why it sucks?