PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 4 graphics(a glimpse of graphics fidelity for the xbox)

alistein
02-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Check out the resident evil 4 ingame graphics engine.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Feb04/game021404a.shtml . Wow right.In your opinion is it has good as Doom 3 and Halo 2 graphics . If capcom could do this well with the GC how much more can they with the xbox or atleast this gives us a glimpse of how much more the xbox should be able to accomplish

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Is this supposed to be a port or is Capcom actually taking advantage of the individual platforms?

Stormlord
02-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Well of course. I've always pondered what Capcom can do with the XBox. RE on GC are good examples. Heck you should see some of the stuff they can do with the PS2.:D

alistein
02-14-2004, 02:54 PM
sorry but these pics are from the GC game there is no xbox or ps2 version in development.

Stormlord
02-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Is this supposed to be a port or is Capcom actually taking advantage of the individual platforms?

All RE games that contribute to the story are exclusive to Gamecube. If you want RE4 you're going to have to get $99 for GC. Hey it's a steal at that price.:cheers:

VenoM
02-14-2004, 03:35 PM

there will be no port....its GC exclusive ;) for 100 bucks everybody should have a GC.....RE4 is reason enough to have one :D

mattgame
02-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

there will be no port....its GC exclusive ;) for 100 bucks everybody should have a GC.....RE4 is reason enough to have one :D

Here,here. I have been playing RE for years and bought a GC because of it.

l Maximus l
02-14-2004, 06:11 PM
My initial impression of the thread is that it may be coming to the XBox...I guess not. Honestly, though, I can't see myself playing RE when so many hot titles are coming to the XBox.

I'll leave that purple barbie easy bake oven at the store.

~~xBoX PrYdE!!~~

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
resident evil 4 WILL be the game that sells gamecube units from shelves...

VenoM
02-15-2004, 12:41 PM
My initial impression of the thread is that it may be coming to the XBox...I guess not. Honestly, though, I can't see myself playing RE when so many hot titles are coming to the XBox.

~~xBoX PrYdE!!~~

purple?? :watchout: mine is black and it aint no oven :p even though it does cook up the best exclusives :D

ghost 009
02-15-2004, 12:44 PM

~~xBoX PrYdE!!~~

No they said they were going to start making them on the xbox.

VenoM
02-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Butterz

No they said they were going to start making them on the xbox.

no they didnt :p ...the normal RE games are exclusive to the cube (RE, RE0, RE4) the only thing that has a chance coming to xbox is resident evil online which right now is ps2 exclusive

Stormlord
02-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

purple?? :watchout: mine is black and it aint no oven :p even though it does cook up the best exclusives :D

:cheers: Couldn't have said it better myself. :cheers:

Cold_As_Ice
02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Both GameCube and XBox have some amazing exclusives. It's great that I have both of these systems. I get the best of both worlds. The only games that I miss out on are Final Fantasy for PS2, and even for them, I can borrow a friends PS2 and play through them eventually.

Anyways, Resident Evil 4 looks spectacular. It has just jumped into my top 5 list of most wanted games this year. I'm extremely confident that this game will be an excellent change for the series in general. Great work Capcom.

Slacker
02-15-2004, 05:30 PM
In your opinion is it has good as Doom 3 and Halo 2 graphics .

Nope not all, These are good grahpics for GC , but I think they are still pretty poor IMO, , and most RE games are pretty because the have pre-renered backgrounds , its like in Pen and Pencil animation , you draw the background then Animate your characters on top of it, thats why Capcoms Camera's are so bad , in some games,

I know capcom can make pretty games on Xbox , look at Steel Batallion,,,,,,,

VenoM
02-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

Nope not all, These are good grahpics for GC , but I think they are still pretty poor IMO, , and most RE games are pretty because the have pre-renered backgrounds , its like in Pen and Pencil animation , you draw the background then Animate your characters on top of it, thats why Capcoms Camera's are so bad , in some games,

I know capcom can make pretty games on Xbox , look at Steel Batallion,,,,,,,

poor graphics?? :eek: are you serious? RE4 isnt gonna have any pre-rendered backgrounds i believe and it still looks amazing......and pre-rendered or not RE and RE0 look amazing

Stormlord
02-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I agree with Venom. Code Veronica wasn't pre-rendered and for it's time was graphical genius. Plus the real time lighting, I believe, makes the graphics more atmospheric and realistic. Watch the trailers and you'll see that the GCs power and ability to do graphics are no joke. :D

Cryogenic Pyro
02-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I agree with Venom. Code Veronica wasn't pre-rendered and for it's time was graphical genius. Plus the real time lighting, I believe, makes the graphics more atmospheric and realistic. Watch the trailers and you'll see that the GCs power and ability to do graphics are no joke. :D
I agree. Code Veronica's graphics were amazing. I couldn't believe how good they were compared to the other Resident Evils when I rented it.

Conchord
02-15-2004, 09:53 PM
i cant see the pics.

xbox genius
02-16-2004, 12:10 AM
those are some very nice pics, i like the chain saw one, all that blood splashing everywhere .... nasty. i dont believe the top quality graphics , very clean and no jagged edges at all, very detailed picutre of some older guy on first screenshot on pg 2. incredible

ScorpionX
02-16-2004, 02:06 AM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Feb04/re411.jpg

^^^^^^^
That pic is incredible, at least I have a gamecube now :)

TheCovenant
02-16-2004, 03:14 AM
pre rendered backrounds.....yech.

sode veronica was'nt prerendred. bu then again, code veronica was supervised by sega, who affected the development of the game. (behind closed doors information)

RE and RE0 were prerendered heaven. Everything looked really good, but after awhile, the lack of interactivity with backgrounds gives you a feeling of less immersion.

The screens are nice...not hing even close to halo 2, doom3 , half life 2.

Hell, i dont even think they're close to ninja gaiden.

And i dont know if it was my comp or the screens, but were the doing the whole grainy screen thing form silent hill?

Its a nice effect but wont earn you any graphics points.

gameplay wise the RE series have never really had much going on...find a key unlock door to find more doors that are locked, and finding more keys thereof.

The thing resident evil is good for is the cutscenes and scripted (BOO!) tactics.

(like FF......kind of).

I have plkayed all the resident evils, and my fav would be a tie between 2 and veronica...... (claire redfield w00t!)....and these screens arent anything that impressive. Sure im looking forward to the game....chances are ill be there on the day skipping work school to get it.

But still, to compare them to the console behemoths of this year....especially graphics wise.....please......:rollseyes:

Stormlord
02-16-2004, 09:10 AM
:rofl: Watch the video first and then state that. Those pics don't represent the real graphics of RE4. The game in motion looks way better than those screens. And yes you can compare RE to the big 3. Facial animation, lip synch, eye movement, advance particle effects, advance lighting, and oh yes just like Doom 3 you see the pores on the characters (but that doesn't really matter). Just because it's on the Gamecube doesn't mean that it's graphically inferior.:eek:

themoosearmy
02-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Resident evil, one of the reasons I keep my GCN.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-16-2004, 01:33 PM
One of the pic looks like the cave troll from Lord of the rings. lol.