PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Xbox Online Video At Ces

AVXbox
01-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Holy crap..i just saw this video and was amazed how well they showed the potential of the online service thats going to launch soon...here is the link

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces02/logistics.asp

click there and the video is under webcasr..youll have to scroll down some mabey
Video is over 1 hour..but skip to the one hour mark and it will talk about how well its doing ad then at about 1 hour 6-7 min the sweet video is shown..i know youll like it cause ive watched it a few times now:D

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Dude, that was sweet! Thanks, pal :D

AVXbox
01-09-2002, 02:55 PM
bump this *****

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by AVXbox
bump this *****

Good idea...I actually watched it...it got me so pumped up for this Summer! Hey, folks...just move the video to the one hour mark...that's where it talks about the XBox. It loads fast, too :D

Shadow Fox
01-09-2002, 04:09 PM
Nice vid; watched the entire keynote....

That was cute how they got a girl to kick everyone's @ss in Xbox...:D

Somehow I doubt the voice-rec will be that on-point when the stuff's available, but the online gaming PERIOD is a plus, especially with multiplatform competition looming by the end of the year.

Old Gates is putting on a few pounds, isn't he?;)

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

Msterrrr
01-09-2002, 09:42 PM
watch this people!! it is an awesome video clip that shows us whats coming:cool:

first screens ive really seen of bruce lee also looks tight

DrUnKtAnK
01-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Man that was sweet. Can't wait....

Hugh_Jass
01-10-2002, 11:58 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. It smelled like a concept video to me.

DrUnKtAnK
01-10-2002, 12:09 PM
It still had my mouth watering for sure, even though it was most likely a concept video. I second that, I will to belive it when I see it.

Lets just hope that the $ to join online is going to be reasonable. If not Gamespy has done a pretty **** good job on the tunneling software and it's cheap as hell (free).:eek:

Msterrrr
01-10-2002, 03:48 PM
i think mircosoft will be charging for this IMHO they arleady been taking a loss on the xbox,, trying to make money back on software,, online will be throw in the mix also,, you watch

and i would pay a fee to play online btw,,,

DrUnKtAnK
01-10-2002, 03:51 PM
I would also, lets see what they bundle into the online plans. I just hope they keep it reasonable....Who knows, they may partner with a broadband ISP and make a large XBOX online community with internet access, online play, etc. ummmm

Msterrrr
01-10-2002, 04:11 PM
yes without a keyboard im very interested to see how this works,

wonder if they will try too censor language? like text,, whos doesnt like too trash talk while playing :p

LynxFX
01-11-2002, 01:00 AM
They cut out the concept video with online play? It says "Due to the proprietary nature of the content in this broadcast we must temporarily suspend the video and audio portion of this program."

Anyone else get that? This happens right around 1:07:27

It sounds like you guys saw it with talking about the communicator and such. Did they just start to do this?

LynxFX
01-11-2002, 01:11 AM
I found the unedited version here (http://www.teamxbox.net/gametrailers/CES2002.Online.asf)

This is just the part with the concept video.

Very cool video though and if it works half as good as it shows in the video it will be a killer addition to the xbox.

DrUnKtAnK
01-11-2002, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I tried again lastnight about 9 eastern and I was editted.

Hey thanks lynxfx for the link!:D

Chaotic
01-11-2002, 09:51 AM
even if they do charge

whats 5.99 or 10.99 a month.

i fee im willing to pay.

Hugh_Jass
01-11-2002, 12:30 PM
I must have seen it before it was edited. The link above is the same video I saw originally.

I don't see what's so bad about it.

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Is that little handheld device included with the XBox communicator (the headset)? That's pretty sweet!

Also, do the two games that they were playing even exist?

LynxFX
01-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah that fighting game was awesome. Wouldn't it be a blast to trash talk people like that in some weird altered voice the whole time you are fighting?

I still think online gaming as a whole should be free. But if MS does a good job and keeps the fees within reason then it won't be so bad.

What was up with the phone giving the scores?

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
What was up with the phone giving the scores?

Exactly! That's what I was referring to! I thought that was pretty cool...They didn't discuss that at all afterwards, did they?

I wonder if it is a phone at all...it could be...but, I wonder if it is another peice of equipment that comes with the XBox Communicator. I think the voice-change thing is a really impressive and innovative idea, too :D

I think Microsoft has only hit the tip of the iceberg to what they are planning for the XBox.........I love being spoiled :D ;) :D :)