PDA

View Full Version : 1080i game(s) could be here as early as March

LynxFX
01-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Looks like Test Drive (due in March) and Sega GT 2002 (due in Spring) might actually support 1080i.

I'm not one that really likes racing games but if either or both of these support it I would buy one just to check it out. The screenshots do look pleasing for both of these titles.

Sorry but I don't have any links so this could just be a rumor. Heard about it at the home theater forum. Hopefully we will get a link.

LynxFX
01-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Some more info.

They are suping up the new "TEST DRIVE" game much more for the XBOX than the PS2 version. Here is a clip from Gamespot.com, when they were shown the latest build...

This is what I was hoping for. Game makers are not sitting by and being content with just the same game ported to all systems. This is a clip from Gamespot where some of the developers had shown them the newest version of Test Drive:

"The biggest difference between the Xbox and PS2 versions is in the graphics. Pitbull is working to ensure the graphics engine gets as much performance out of the Xbox hardware as possible. The game's graphics engine is being custom-made to get as many bells and whistles as possible. Fog, rain, environment mapping, are lighting are in, as are other Xbox-friendly features such as bump mapping and pixel and vertex shading."

This bodes well for the future. Not to mention this game is supposed to be in 720p or higher...

Glad to see that the direct port stuff should be coming to an end.

Msterrrr
01-09-2002, 07:13 AM
this good news:D
have you seen the video about the online capabilties yet,, it rocks

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces02/logistics.asp

LynxFX
01-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Here's a press release (http://www.infogrames-expo.com/pagesuk/jeux.asp?jeu=158) for the Test Drive game.

They say: - HDTV and wide screen (16:9) support.

Looks very promising but you have to question what their definition of HDTV support is. I hope they aren't just using it as a generic toss around term for 480p which EVERY xbox game does natively. I'm thinking they really do mean support for 1080i and 720p. Can't wait to see this in action.