PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here completed Vice City 100% ??

xbox genius
02-16-2004, 12:30 PM
i am trying to accomplish that right now... and was wondering if anybody here did it already?

and how in the heck can you friggen find the uzi gun....... i cant find it... i think i'm blind or something, but i cant seem to find it at several AmmuNations.........

BTW how can you tell how much you completed of the game? like how much percentage? i cant seem to find that info either.

thanks for any help

OuFtb
02-16-2004, 03:32 PM
I am thinking about trying for a 100%, no were close yet.

To see how much you completed press start, go over tell you see a section that I think says stats, click on it, go to the stats,it has somthing else you can look at to the left also, it should be the very first thing you come to, it also tells how many packeges, rampages and everything else you have done, intresting thing to look at.

For a uzi, I found two set locations, one uzi is right under the smoke stack place you buy in the west island, mainly get on the highway going into the downtown area, the right side, follow it tell it turns left you'll see stairs and its under there, the other is by the boatyard, can't remimber excatly were but I think get to the entrance of the boatyard you buy, face the street walk strait and a little to the right its behind a wall.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_vice_city_item_jump.gif

I tryed explaning but if that doesn't help click the link its to a map it shows were the guns, packeges, rampages, and jumps are.
Hope that helps.

Shadow20002
02-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Sorry...didn't own it yet.

ScorpionX
02-16-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm at 94% and all I have left is the HP and Jumps. They are really hard to find so I son't know if I will make it to 100% :(

super_ryu
02-16-2004, 06:28 PM
im still trying to kill diaz :(
i was close, but then when i did the armor cheat i accidently through a mine beside be and died.
and i havent gotten many secret packages

xbox genius
02-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
I am thinking about trying for a 100%, no were close yet.

To see how much you completed press start, go over tell you see a section that I think says stats, click on it, go to the stats,it has somthing else you can look at to the left also, it should be the very first thing you come to, it also tells how many packeges, rampages and everything else you have done, intresting thing to look at.

For a uzi, I found two set locations, one uzi is right under the smoke stack place you buy in the west island, mainly get on the highway going into the downtown area, the right side, follow it tell it turns left you'll see stairs and its under there, the other is by the boatyard, can't remimber excatly were but I think get to the entrance of the boatyard you buy, face the street walk strait and a little to the right its behind a wall.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_vice_city_item_jump.gif

I tryed explaning but if that doesn't help click the link its to a map it shows were the guns, packeges, rampages, and jumps are.
Hope that helps.

wow thanks for the uzi locations and percentage location, i'm not sure about the first one, but i do remember a gun near boatyard you mentioned.

thanks for the link too, unfortunately i got an error from gamefaqs...

"You're seeing this error message because it appears that you're linking from an external site directly to one of the text files stored at GameFAQs. GameFAQs is not a free public file server. Bandwidth costs money, and when sites link directly to files stored on the site, it becomes both a financial and resource drain. We've tried asking, but some sites simply don't care, so now we've implemented a technical solution."

Scorpion: I just checked my game completion percentage and its at 57% lol i thought it would be around 75 or something... well i only have like 12 hidden packages... and 3 out of 35 rampages.... maybe thats why.... but i'm almost done with main missions, i just have 1 asset property left... i'm sure you can get to 100 %, i'm using gamefaqs guide to tell me where all rampages and hidden packs are so i think i can do it, altho it will take maybe a month to complete.

Super Ryu: i take out one enemy at a time, i dont go inside his house yet, i just pick off about 3 from outside through teh door. and then i shift sides and pick out the lefts, then i go inside and pick out the rest which should only be like 3, and i recommend a sub machine gun with auto aim, when diaz runs out auto aim him with sub and he will run back into his room and shoot behind his desk, by then take out your stronger weapon with manual aim and kill him. i almost died myself, i had like 50 life left.....

xbox genius
02-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Sorry...didn't own it yet.

oh you gotta own the xbox version, even if you played the ps2 version , xbox is better, load time is less woooo. the graphics are ok..... but its fun to play through it twice. well if you own the pc version... maybe there is a reason not to own the xbox version. but i highly recommend to own an xbox version, especially if you are new to the series.

restler318
02-18-2004, 07:10 PM
no im still tryin to find all the hidden packages

m4oH
02-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ScorpionX
I'm at 94% and all I have left is the HP and Jumps. They are really hard to find so I son't know if I will make it to 100% :( Im at 97%. I got one hidden package left(****)!! I need like 4 more jumps. Ive robbed all the stores and everything else:o

OuFtb
02-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I am at like 85% but the only hard thing left is the shooting range where i've managed to hit 44 like five times so annoying, other than that its just simple tasks that shouldn't take to long.

ScorpionX
02-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh and I have the ambulance missions left. MY god I hate that so much :mad:

xbox genius
02-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh and I have the ambulance missions left. MY god I hate that so much :mad:

dang i didnt know we had to complete those kind of missions! i totally forgot about them... no wonder my percentage is at like 60 percent.... lol

OuFtb
02-29-2004, 10:08 AM
For the ambulance missions its all on were you try it, wether its going to be easy or extremly hard, most people say by the mall is the easiest, some say downtown, I say Ocean Beach gives tons of time and lots of the people are on the beach and the others aren't to bad since they give lots of time, mainly try each one and see which one is best for you then try to beat it. and don't go to fast.

dave troutt
02-29-2004, 09:27 PM
im working on it but to get every little thing is asking a lot lol

OuFtb
03-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Finaly, just completed it 100%, got stuck on 99% for a minute but all I had to do was buy a property and I was done.

m4oH
03-03-2004, 03:13 PM
You beat every mission but didnt own a property?!:huh: :huh: That makes absolutley no frekin sense, I bought all the properties first and I havent robbed 1 store, I think its 3 hidden packages or 2(havent been on in a while) and like 2 jumps!

OuFtb
03-03-2004, 03:28 PM
It was worded wrong, sorry, I had to buy the building by the hostpital in Ocean Beach, so it was just the one buliding I bought everything else.

m4oH
03-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh did you like not see it when you were going thru the game? And another question to you guys how long have you played it and how much money do you have? I think Ive played it around 235 hours. Lol just run around and kill people and I got 10 million I think!

OuFtb
03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I just forgot to buy it, this is from the games stats screen so I've done more and played more just didn't save it,

Percentage Complete: 100
Playing Time: 30:29
Criminal Rating: Hitman (6446)
People killed: 2032
Money: 1763322

Thats just a few I remimbered, how did you manage to get 10 million, I played through and beat everything only managing a little over 1 and a half million.

xbox genius
03-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
Oh did you like not see it when you were going thru the game? And another question to you guys how long have you played it and how much money do you have? I think Ive played it around 235 hours. Lol just run around and kill people and I got 10 million I think!

i dont know how much hours... but i think its around 40-70 hours... and i am at about 400k dollars right now... i still i have to buy the pole position and finish the film studio... also i gotta get working on all the job missions, jumps, hidden packs, and rages.

CONGRATULATIONS OuFtb!!! must been really hard. for me i'm predicting i will finish 100 percent before school gets out in mid june... i have to find more time to play it.

ScorpionX
03-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
I just forgot to buy it, this is from the games stats screen so I've done more and played more just didn't save it,

Percentage Complete: 100
Playing Time: 30:29
Criminal Rating: Hitman (6446)
People killed: 2032
Money: 1763322

Thats just a few I remimbered, how did you manage to get 10 million, I played through and beat everything only managing a little over 1 and a half million.

You get milllions of dollars from playing the Brown Thunder Vigilante missions, which is the army helicopter. I spent about 20 minutes playing it and managed to get a couple million and over 1,000 kills :)

m4oH
03-03-2004, 08:10 PM
I'd say in about 10 days Ill be done with it I just gotta find a cuple of studpid things. I got 10 million becuase my friend is wierd and he doesnt do any missions but he walks around collecting money from each place I own and just walking around taking people money:D Stays up all night doin it:D Kinda sad:D But I beat all the missions Dude how did you onlly kill like 2,000+ people I think I got like 15,000 lol. Oh yeah if you guys cant tell this game used to be my life but I havent played it for a while:(

OuFtb
03-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Thats the product of not saving after a killing spree, so all the numbers in my stats are probably low, I've done tons of them just never save afterwards.

xbox genius
03-06-2004, 12:38 PM

You get milllions of dollars from playing the Brown Thunder Vigilante missions, which is the army helicopter. I spent about 20 minutes playing it and managed to get a couple million and over 1,000 kills :)

When do you get to play the Brown Thunder Vigilante missions?!?! sounds crazy! millions of dollars holy crap.... plus have any of you guys played at hot ring or that racing place downtown?? theres 3 events there... dirt bike- getting through numerious checkpoints, demolition (i think)- where you get checkpoints and crash other cars, and just the regular nascar racing?? i have beaten nascar with 1st place and demolition under the time limit for max money... but dirt bike one is one crazy challenge.....

ScorpionX
03-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

When do you get to play the Brown Thunder Vigilante missions?!?! sounds crazy! millions of dollars holy crap.... plus have any of you guys played at hot ring or that racing place downtown?? theres 3 events there... dirt bike- getting through numerious checkpoints, demolition (i think)- where you get checkpoints and crash other cars, and just the regular nascar racing?? i have beaten nascar with 1st place and demolition under the time limit for max money... but dirt bike one is one crazy challenge.....

The helicopter is in the army base near the airport. The stadium missions weren't too hard, I never had any problems with them. :)

OuFtb
03-06-2004, 02:48 PM

The helicopter is in the army base near the airport. The stadium missions weren't too hard, I never had any problems with them. :)

The helicopter is in the army base but only after you find 100 hidden packages or beat Keep your friends closer, if you do both it apears on a helipad on the first island.

Just thought I would that, so he doesn't look for it until he does one of those.

xbox genius
03-08-2004, 12:11 AM
thanks scorpion x and ouFtb for the info... i'm not near 100 hidden packs yet so i think i'll beat keeps your freinds close mission since i'm on that mission right now... its sooo hard trying to kill Lance while 5 other people come at you at the same time.... plus trying to save your money in the safe..........

onyx.kp
03-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Iv completed it all I had to do was sit in the pole dancing club I got bored and walked and went for some grub, came back went out and it goes (YOU CAN NOW GAIN 5000 EVERYDAY) I was like wow saved it, turned it off stuck halo on (im so stuck on it)

Hawkhead11
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I beat VC and 3 on PS2 the first weeks they came out. P.S. if you use codes, you cannot complete it!

onyx.kp
03-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Many Peeps get stuck on the Race mission just befor the bank (not sure what it is called) but if you enter the flying car cheat the car you are racing will fly crash and burn! leaving you to cruise down the empty roads! plus if you leave it on after the mission poilce car chases are so easy becouse they just fly crash and burn! bluddy funny trust!

m4oH
03-16-2004, 06:32 PM
No I dont think that would work cause if the other driver dies then its mission failed, trust me trhe 1st time I played it I just stepped out of my car and unloaded about 3 rockets on the racer but it was mission failed cause he died!:(

m4oH
03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Hawkhead11
I beat VC and 3 on PS2 the first weeks they came out. P.S. if you use codes, you cannot complete it!
i heard about like 3 hidden packages dissaperaing if you use codes:D HAHA!!! Sucks for ya cheaters!!

onyx.kp
03-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by m4oH
No I dont think that would work cause if the other driver dies then its mission failed, trust me trhe 1st time I played it I just stepped out of my car and unloaded about 3 rockets on the racer but it was mission failed cause he died!:(

WHAT THE HECK! You cant kill the car your racing againts its inivcible!!!!!!!!!!! you dont know what your talking about go home and play your Pop Idiol Game!

Mr. Yellow
03-25-2004, 04:25 PM
i got a 100% on ps2 (if mentioning the ps2 isn't allowed on this site i'm sorry!). it took me like 25 hrs.

m4oH
03-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by onyx.kp

WHAT THE HECK! You cant kill the car your racing againts its inivcible!!!!!!!!!!! you dont know what your talking about go home and play your Pop Idiol Game!
I PLAYED IT ON PS2 MAYBE ITS DIFFERENT YOU ***. DAMN YOU MAKE ME SO MAD I WOULD COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND UNLOAD A GOD DAMN ROUND INTO YOUR STUPID STUCKUP HEAD IF I COULD. I MEAN DONT TELL IF I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IM TALKING ABOUT. SHUT THE **** UP YOU NO GOOD FOR NOTHING DIRTY *******. SERIOUSLY YOU ***. **** YOU

onyx.kp
04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
I PLAYED IT ON PS2 MAYBE ITS DIFFERENT YOU ***. DAMN YOU MAKE ME SO MAD I WOULD COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND UNLOAD A GOD DAMN ROUND INTO YOUR STUPID STUCKUP HEAD IF I COULD. I MEAN DONT TELL IF I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IM TALKING ABOUT. SHUT THE **** UP YOU NO GOOD FOR NOTHING DIRTY *******. SERIOUSLY YOU ***. **** YOU

Urrmmm apart from making yourself look like a d***, comeing around to my house would make you look like a total fool too I wouldent even need to fight you I reckon by the sound of you my bird could kick ur ass, DAM! I hate those mobster film's make's peeps think there the godfather of the chickens! lolol

anyway mate love ya to come round for a beer :cheers: :rofl: