PDA

View Full Version : My dad always told me... Ex-EA

Brutus
02-16-2004, 01:41 PM
My dad always told me that if you want to do something right, to do it yourself.
You guys all say you're going to Boycott EA. Yeah, well let's quit playing and let them know how we all feel. This is the Customer Support Column for EA.
We need to hit them where it hurts. Email them several times a day if you're serious! I know I am. I love downloadable rosters and downloadable levels and Live support. I know you do to so let's do this the right way!!!
It's time for us to quit barking and start biting!
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=qfZNr54h&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NyZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT00MjkmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
Copy that and then paste it to your browser line and keep on putting stuff like,
"My game doesn't seem to work on my Xbox network. There's something with it." and "Why don't your games support Xbox live? I might pay for it if it did. Now I'm just stealing all of EA's games."
You know. Wing it! Let's do this the right way boys! As the Marine Seargents in HALO say, "Let's fill their Bellies full of lead and make them choke on their own blood!" Nice!!

Slacker
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I hit it with some comments , I think everyone should , even the people that use the Excuse , Petion's don't do anything ,,,,they are just to lazy .........Davis was Recalled in the same way, they do make a differnce , if a Governor can be recalled that way Im sure EA can feel some heat,,,,,(yes I know this isn't a petion)

Duke
02-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I hit it with some comments , I think everyone should , even the people that use the Excuse , Petion's don't do anything ,,,,they are just to lazy .........Davis was Recalled in the same way, they do make a differnce , if a Governor can be recalled that way Im sure EA can feel some heat,,,,,(yes I know this isn't a petion)

You clearly know very little about the Davis Recall.

AlBoogy
02-16-2004, 02:59 PM
No offense but this is retarded. If you think that Microsoft isnt trying hard to get them to sign on to Live then you have issues. Let them do their job and you do yours. Dont buy their games.

Brutus
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Look Alboogy! You smelly swordfish you! You're stinking up everyone's hopes!
I think that it's freakin' funny! I'm going to continue to bombard them! Make them feel the heat from all sides!
Microsoft is doing this the compromising way, we're going to do it the bashing way!
I have my torch and my pitchfork and I'm going to hit them where it hurts! I'm going to go to every store in town and let them know just where to support this movement! We will be heard, whether they like it or not!
It's time for the fans of videogames to get what they want, not the publishers! I may even end up in jail! hahahah! It's time to take back my pasttime!

Yankeez
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
No offense but this is retarded. If you think that Microsoft isnt trying hard to get them to sign on to Live then you have issues. Let them do their job and you do yours. Dont buy their games.

im with alboogy, i dont know why, maybe its cuz his sig burns my retnas :eek:

AlBoogy
02-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

im with alboogy, i dont know why, maybe its cuz his sig burns my retnas :eek:

Youuuuu are gettttinggg sleeeeeeeeepy. When I snap my fingers, you will wake up a Red Sox fan. *snap*

Brutus
02-16-2004, 03:31 PM
No seriously. I want everyone to do this and if you don't then please be nuetral. I need something to do with my free time other than playing games and this is pretty adventurous. I'm going to have my friends at Gamecrazy and EB games support this too!
I'm already emailing EA with all types of problems from all 5 of my Email accounts and work email accounts. This is fun!
DOn't ruin it. This, for some reason, gives me a sick and twisted bit of fun!
hahahahahah!

AlBoogy
02-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Im sorry but Im not even going to be neutral. Do I like the fact that EA doesnt support Live? Of course not. But while youre at it why dont you tell them your EA games dont work on your gamecube for online. Or tell them how much you hate that they dont support the dreamcast. Youre wasting your time. There have been so many petitions signed on this and many other XBox boards and still nothing.

CRAYMAN
02-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

I think the idea is for disgruntled people to rise up and throw off the shackles of...well it's a stretch but most analogies are.

Maybe we should call this the "EA" recall.

Shadow20002
02-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Hmm...

***take a look at my library of games for Xbox***

Well, i don't have any games from EA. By the way, if someone doesn't know, some developers visit this site also.

l Maximus l
02-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Personally, I just don't buy EA games...I think that's enough. I don't have much more energy I can put towards anything else.

Slacker
02-16-2004, 09:24 PM

Oh another "I know everything but believe nothing" Lets see you live In Santa Cruz , I grew up there , so I can guess your stance , let me see ,, It's an Anti-semetic White Supremacist Rebublican consiracy to wipe blacks and Jews off the face of the earth , and we should all Hate Arnie because he was Austrian and Hitler was Austrian so there for a Nazi ,,,,,,,ect ect ect

If anyone else is reading this and is confused , Santa Cruz California is the most Liberal place on the planet , and Im a Liberal for the most part , but they get freaky there ,,,,,,

anyway , next time why not give some examples on your opinion ,,,,,,, and I was just using the recal as an Example , but it still needed signatures to pass ,,,,,,,,,,or was it those Damn nazi' elves again ,,, ehheeh.. anyway eat a BBQ pork burrito from taco's Moreno's for me and have a slice at Pizza My heart ..oh and a Moxie from the bagelry ...mmmmm.....and go surf "Santa Mos" santa Maria ,,its on the east side , near the cheese Factory

super_ryu
02-16-2004, 10:04 PM
COME ON PEOPLE!
use proxies, and different e-mail accounts
so we can shove so many questions up their server it will start lagging like those ps3 games online!

Duke
02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

Oh another "I know everything but believe nothing" Lets see you live In Santa Cruz , I grew up there , so I can guess your stance , let me see ,, It's an Anti-semetic White Supremacist Rebublican consiracy to wipe blacks and Jews off the face of the earth , and we should all Hate Arnie because he was Austrian and Hitler was Austrian so there for a Nazi ,,,,,,,ect ect ect

Wow, you're an idiot.

I really couldn't care less where you grew up. My statement had absolutely nothing to do w/ my opinion on the recall.

BTW, Cheese Factory is closed, and the surf has been crap for two weeks. :cry:

Brutus
02-17-2004, 08:32 AM
This is sweet. I've already got them sending me all types of emails telling me that I'll get contacted in the next 24 hours!
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
This is almost as fun as playing HALO for the eleventy billionth time! ahahahahahahahH!AHHAHHAAHAHAHAHH!
My girlfriend works at the EB games at the mall too and I'm talking her into allowing me to put something up in the store that will be a link to this sight where we can all let them know about their problems.
I can't wait until they contact me! hahahahaha! I'm going to tell them that I need to send Madden in because it's broken on my Xbox Live! AHAHAHhahahaHHAhhAHAHaHAhAAHh!
This is fun!
You know that customer support is very important, right? Imagine if everyone called (800) 4 My Xbox, and complained about things like this all the time.
If they got enough requests they would feel the demand! I know I would. So they're going to have a bunch of people calling us saying, "How can I assist you with our product?"
When we tell them it don't support Live they will probably laugh at us the first time but if you got 100 of these things a day, you'd start to go, Omigosh!
Let's do this!!!

speedbuggy76
02-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Brutus
you'd start to go, Omigosh!
Let's do this!!!

You wouldn't say 'Omigosh' if your company was worth over $50 billion. You are just gonna get laughed outta town here man, this whole boycott EA thing you've got going on is just very extreme. You talk like this thing is your life man. There is no point in calling Microsoft either, they want EA on the XBL bandwagon too, you know, it would only boost profits.

:cheers:

Duke
02-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Brutus. Last time I saw someone do this, they actually got a bunch of free stuff from EA.

Still no live support, but if you want some free goods from your hated company, you're probably on the right track.

Brutus
02-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Brutus. Last time I saw someone do this, they actually got a bunch of free stuff from EA.

Still no live support, but if you want some free goods from your hated company, you're probably on the right track.
Well, that's kind of cool. Free stuff to trade in for ESPN stuff, and Halo figures. But I'm going for something much larger than that. I'll keep you guys posted when they call me!

Brutus
02-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Recently you requested personal assistance from EA Technical Support.
Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Please use the link below if you need to update your incident. You can
also update this incident by email, but you MUST enter your reply in
the designated space below, between the two lines.
[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question at
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_userid=CLaytonJacobson@Hotmail.com&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_refno=040216-001831&p_created=1076960608

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
My games don't work on Xbox live. I'm going to return it. It's broken!...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Box Karl M.) - 02/17/2004 11:45 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

Electronic Arts does not presently support Xbox Live for ANY of it's games.

To request Xbox Live support for our future games please use the link below.
Your feedback is greatly valuable to us and will be compiled and forwarded to
the teams responsible for the specific title you've commented on. Once you
access our site, after choosing the product you'd like to comment on please
choose "Comments/Suggestions" as your category for your submission.

Please be advised that due to the volume of interest and feedback, we will not
be able to personally respond to every email. However, please be assured that
your comments and input will be routed to the appropriate team.

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you again for writing us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. If you
need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Karl M.
EA Technical Support

Auto-Response - 02/16/2004 01:43 PM
Title: Warranty Information
Link:
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12748&p_created=1068254860

Title: Can I receive a refund for my subscription fee for an online game?
Link:
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11180&p_created=1049321628

Customer - 02/16/2004 01:43 PM
My games don't work on Xbox live. I'm going to return it. It's broken!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

Karl M.

BinaryXtreme
02-17-2004, 01:36 PM
EA has made some fantastic games. People ***** because they don't have on line play? Give me a break. We truly don't know why they don't. Never will. Saying you're going to boycott them is rediculous. They sell so many game world wide that when they see something like this they laugh their asses off. I think you need to direct your attention to something that truly matters in life.

OC Noob
02-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Mail bombing is fun. If you get enough people doing it you will get someones attention.

Its not like they will start supporting live, but getting someones attention is atleast better then doing nothing.

Its not like the 1% of Xbox users represented on these forums boycotting EA games will do a damn thing either.

However, people talking about it might get seen and people email bombing might get seen. You know, the squeeky wheel gets the oil. The whole vocal majority thing. It really is true.

If you don't open your bigass mouth then 99% of the time nothing will get done.

So go out, call your family, friends and relatives and bomb away!

Who knows, you might even get my lazy @ss to email them and I really don't give a rats @ss about live. Then again, I might be willing to get live if Fight Night was live enabled.

Brutus
02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Email them Noob! Have you yet been to the Live Request Page from EA?

Brutus
02-17-2004, 03:10 PM
To request Xbox Live support for our future games please use the link below.
Your feedback is greatly valuable to us and will be compiled and forwarded to
the teams responsible for the specific title you've commented on. Once you
access our site, after choosing the product you'd like to comment on please
choose "Comments/Suggestions" as your category for your submission.

Please be advised that due to the volume of interest and feedback, we will not
be able to personally respond to every email. However, please be assured that
your comments and input will be routed to the appropriate team.

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nduser/ask.php?
Their words: To Request Xbox Live Support for our Future Games please use the link below!

Slacker
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM

Wow, you're an idiot.

I really couldn't care less where you grew up. My statement had absolutely nothing to do w/ my opinion on the recall.

BTW, Cheese Factory is closed, and the surf has been crap for two weeks. :cry:

you still haven't told me what I don't know about the recall, and why It wasn't a good example for my point,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as my last post you replied to , i was half joking, over exagerating a little, and BTW , I could be an Idiot i went to high school at the Ark ,:rofl:

Thats sucks no good surf, lots of good surf here in Baja , if you ever come to Baja , the best surf spots are , Rancho Salipuedas, San Miguel , and 3 Mile , surf heaven ,,,,,,,,,,

CRAYMAN
02-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
EA has made some fantastic games... I think you need to direct your attention to something that truly matters in life.

Like...playing video games??? :o

themoosearmy
02-17-2004, 09:52 PM
EA Games rules! Go Madden! Go NFL Street! Go the Sims! GO James Bond: Everything or Nothing. EA Games hasn't truly failed me yet so I don't think that whining to them about no live really matters to me. See I have these things called "friends" that I can play against pretty much any time I want. Is XBL really so important that you are going to waste time trying to make a billion dollar company feel bad? Give me a break dude. If it were that easy to change a companies minds, there would never have been a need for unions or work strikes. Personally, I don't use XBL, and I buy every new madden game that comes out, so I couldn't give a rat's ass if they never go Live.

mattgame
02-17-2004, 10:31 PM
There is a way to do things and there is way to not do things. Being an annoying jackass or jackasses is not a way to get things done. I would be all for signing a petition or something like that but crank emailing like a retarded juvenile delinquent is not the way to go. I was one of the original pissed beyond belief dudes when Madden came out for xbox screwed up but I handled it maturely and got my game. Microsoft and EA are in discussions about live so let's try to encourage the discussions not become the fly in their ear first thing in the morning. What does that prove? :huh:

Brutus
02-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Well, they said themselves to request future games to email them. I don't know about you guys, but updated rosters is really damn cool. Especially for hockey games. THe trade deadline always changes there toward the end.
For other games, wouldn't it be nice to download new maps for Medal of Honor? How about Freedom FIghters?
Brute Force keeps us going back with new downloads. Also Splinter Cell and Mech Assault.
I'm saying they could make us all a lot happier if they did it. That's all I'm asking for.
What's wrong with telling a company that they should make games better than what they are, when they aren't even publishing the Live service? I think it's an idiocy problem they have.
You like Tony Hawk. Imagine how cool underground could be!
I'm requesting that all of their games should support Live. Not to be a whine-o, but to have this company be fair to all systems.
I'm just sick of them not utilizing all that their is for our beloved sytem.
You guys are all Sick DUckers! I'm doing my part. If you have respect for good games, you'd be doing it also. The reason why you aren't is probably because you're content with lesser games.
If you are, why did you get an Xbox?

CRAYMAN
02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
There is a way to do things and there is way to not do things. Being an annoying jackass or jackasses is not a way to get things done. I would be all for signing a petition or something like that but crank emailing like a retarded juvenile delinquent is not the way to go. I was one of the original pissed beyond belief dudes when Madden came out for xbox screwed up but I handled it maturely and got my game. Microsoft and EA are in discussions about live so let's try to encourage the discussions not become the fly in their ear first thing in the morning. What does that prove? :huh:

I have to agree, nothing wrong with a "boycott" but let's not be an obnoxious pain in the arse.
After having said that, I don't think there's anything wrong with sending complaints to the company via email if you're unhappy with a product.

crucialcreation
02-18-2004, 09:15 AM
sent them an email from me. i hope some ea develepors see this on this site.

AlBoogy
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by t_howell

Exactly. I should email them and give them the url to this thread. That would be a nice twist to the story.

Brutus
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Hahahahah! You smelly fish! Your such a sissy!
I wish you lived in my city so I could beat you up. I wouldn't though because you're probably a skinny, pale, dork. I'd just make you cry. You Ack Jass! Sick Ducking Puss!

Billferd
02-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Boycotting EA Games is a little stupid.

Brutus
02-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Billferd
Boycotting EA Games is a little stupid.
Not boycotting, Grasshopper. We are merely trying to let EA know that they don't need to use all of the 64 MB's of Nvidia goodness, or even the 5.1 surround.
Just merely allow Microsoft to let us download new rosters and play live. That's something you'd be happier with, right?